Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night (25963 Views)

How I Lose My Phone Last Night / Appleā€™s New App That Makes You Switch From Android To Ios / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by locust01(m): 10:11am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What was the ray supposed to do to people in the first place ? Rapture them or what ?
Transform and evaluate them

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by spiro4real(f): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2012
Damseluc: This MTN free sms is causing alot of commotion.
Don't use Dary pad,
Don't wear red,
Don't take orange,
Let's see if all this would continue after 20th of August.

Lolssssssssssss
U 've said it all!
Let's see if all these fake sms wl stl continue after 20th of August
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by yomz1e(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2012
shows you how gullible Nigerians are! tell them anything and they believe it, which is why our politicians keeps feeding us bulls and we keep buying it. Anyways i wasn't stressed as my BB goes off at 12am anyways and powers on @ 7am
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by luimartins: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2012
I offed my fone 2 avoid disturbance. I jst saw ds falsified news ds morning. Lets see if all ds rumors will continue after 20th. Mtweeeeeew...
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by TalkingBird: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2012
Damseluc: This MTN free sms is causing alot of commotion.
Don't use Dary pad,
Don't wear red,
Don't take orange,
Let's see if all this would continue after 20th of August.

Free thing dey purge belly.
Free SMS and we practically live in fear- eat, play, work and sleep in fear.
Nothing we no go hear.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by nomshu(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2012
Dogs where too disturb through out the night in my place, i believe is cosmic ray
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by gentlegg(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2012
When i got the message last night, i really doubted the message but my wife cautioned me for us to be on safer side, she switched off our phones, moreover i got the message from my own brother quoting the source to be from BBC, that equally made me to easily yield to my wife's cautiousness.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Inik(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2012
All my phones were switched throughout the night. I don't believe such poo.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by cynosure1(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2012
Cosmic Ray ko! Muka and Murphy Ray ni!

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by slimyem: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2012
i don't have stup1d people around me so i dont get stup1d messages...
My phones were on all thru the night..
I never switch off!!
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by wengerjay(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2012
Nigerians like freebies,they want to make sure the free SMS given by MTN are exchausted.Pls lets use the freebies sensibly and nt fraudlently.The other time it was rumoured dat an alhaji has imported poisonous dry fish to ikare-akoko in ondo state and dat we shd pass d info around.All these rumour mongers wil stop their nefarious activities once the mtn promo ends.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2012
Thank God for this cosmic ray hoax..last night browsing was slick, smooth, nd faster than rocket due to the fact that many phones were switched off. i hope it happens everyday..lolz
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Tascocent(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2012
Am so much surprised:O what happened to my phone over night because I didn't switch it off.sad Cosmic ray eventually visited mecry but it didn't came alone, it came with Murphy ray, lasun ray, Muka ray & mama ray even jilius ray=)) I think the rays came to Earth in search of Baba Raycry heeeeeeelllp +

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Slimboy94(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2012
I browsed,browsed and browsed lyk mad i even did nyt calls Bleep cosmic rays and d message distributors
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by buoye1(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2012
God 4 bid,infact i was busy truout d nyt makin calls........4 sheeeeeeeet
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2012
Nonesence! I got the message from my friend and he stated his source as bbc news. So what i did was look up bbc.com and also googled it and yet i didn't see anything like that.
Me? I didn't even send anybody, I was busy watching Bleep on my 3.5 inch mobile screen - amazing. And i slept at about 12:30 with my earphone plugged in ear.
Cosmic rays my arse.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by naz207(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2012
was not even aware of anything.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Bukan: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2012
ALL DIS NEWS DO TOO MUCH SINCE WEN MTN STARTED GIVING THEIR SMS BONUS WHICH I KNOW WILL SOON END INCLUDING DIFFERENT INFORMATION N PROPHETIC TEST MESSAGES. I WONDER WHY D COSMIC RAY APPEARS BTW D HRS OF FREE NYT CALLS.SINCE DN MY PHONES HS BN ON N NTIN HS HAPPENED 2 ME. LETS TK IT EASY PLS'
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Pataki: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2012
Cosmic ray ko, muka ray ni.

Nigerians and their gullibility. cheesy
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by segemint(f): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2012
I don't know why people believe in rubbish, scientist have killed us! First it was acidic rain, now cosmic abi na customer ray, I was chatting with my Boo till 2am and nothing happened to me... Wise up pple
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2012
This is not funny. It is proof that the world has left Nigeria behind. Nigerians are way too ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by freecocoa(f): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2012
I was on NL till about past 1 am and i was browsing with my phone.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Captain2012(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2012
phraze: There are alot of facts we should neva play with. Cosmic_rays are real, people who get the most infection are those on hills, worse than radio active waves. The Earth is still taking form or should we say shape. There are Natural disasters that hit other planet that havn't dare hit Earth. When they say this Night sometin wil run over the airwaves, no matter ur position, switch yo devices off.

You're a fool. So your own mars can emit cosmic ray abi....
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2012
cosmic ray again! Jst heard it dis morning though..9ja! dey can do sme silly tinz because of free sms.The oda day it was 'send d word mtn x10 to 10 ppl and u'll receive N750 air time,now its cosmic ray. The national oreintation agency nids 2 do smtin or open mre reharb. Mtchewwwwww

2 Likes

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by IlCapitano(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2012
Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for Cosmic Ray parts 1&2 courtesy Nollywood.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by eghost247(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2012
bullSH.IT
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by buskeske: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2012
We are so gullible in this my Naija
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Ngutor(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2012
I actually got 2 of this dumb message, my only disapointment being that it came from 2 masters degree holders! I also heard a retired permanent secretary talking/warning a friend. It tells you why nigeria is in its current situation. I could only just imagine what these networks raked in yesterday from this delusion. Slept off with my phone while browsing, woke up this morning and actually experined a cosmic reaction; a very big and throbing erection, never had such in a while grin

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by simplemach(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2012
Well, heard dat I should off my fone but did not get any reason for dat. But I'm just sorry to confess dat my phone was on 2go till about 2am (close to me) wen i woke up and logged out den pluggend in my fone to lyt (still leaving it on) cruised off to sleep till dis morning, healthier than i was yesterday.
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2012
Yes I actually witnessed the rays! I used some to cook,charge my phone,boil water to bath,and I stored some for electricity in case nepa fucccks up!
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by pdidi(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2012
So so funny....most of the responses just kept me laughing!Nigerians are so gullible;cosmic rays?Let's just see what happens after MTN withdraws its free SMS promo!
Re: Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night by amosy007: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2012
cheesome: did you mean cosmic wayRAY?....nonsense!..and d so calld scientists keep fooln demselves..d oda tym dey discovered "higgs bosson"..mtcheeew!
higgs bosson cannot be compared cosmic ray.. Cosmic ray bullshit rumour has being going on since 2008

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WhatsApp Temporarily Down / Indian Man Scams Phone Buyer In Lagos / Samsung Galaxy S4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.