Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi (2234 Views)

General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion / General Ihejirika: A Loony Biafra Fanatic Or Just Deadly Corrupt? – Dr. Peregrin / Major General Ihejirika Owns APO Building Where 9 Squatters Are Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by 9jaIhail(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kill the Igbo,General Azubuike Ihejirika & Jonathan Will be Plucked Off.” – Islamic cleric,Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi

The Irish man, Edmund Burke, a onetime statesman, author, orator, political theorist and philosopher who served for many years in the House of Commons of Great Britain as a member of the Whig party, was quoted as having said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Although many have said that he never used this quote often attributed to him, my interest lies in the truth of those words. How true they are! But, then, one is often moved to ask: how much of good deeds and responses can men do and give to stop the reign of evil?

And in the case of Nigeria, it would be: how much of these revealed truths can the enslaved, shackled, yoked, used, frustrated, destroyed Nigerians hear, see and take to heart before they can understand that their destinies lie with them?

Better still, when will Nigerians, and especially those continually used, understand that our silence, ineptitude and nonchalance approach to issues which bother on us, as a people, and on our posterity will not reduce evil, or at least, apportion it its place by law, but will multiply so much so that even we, ourselves, will eventually get ultimately consumed in our silence?

Nevertheless, we will not relent, ignore, treat with kids’ glove, or change course in our responses to that spirit which has designed his destiny in the annihilation of our people.

Although we have no interest in waging any war or killing people who have not done us any harm or even avenging, blood for blood, the genocide crimes carried against us by the north and Nigeria, we know that the sensitization of our people will eventually set them free from the psychology of the genocide and embolden them to defend, even defend themselves, against further acts of terror, bigotry, hatred and domination; as Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, May 15, 2001) once said.

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

While we make known to him (the antichrist who brings war and calls it “peace”) that he is a failure from inception, we also remind those who have comfortably worn this spirit of injustice, destruction, bigotry and all manner of evil that there is a time for everything: a time to sow and a time to reap; a time to be arrogantly wicked and callous, and a time to swim in the consequences of such inhume and godless arrogance towards other humans and towards all God’s creation.

Just a few days ago, as attributed to the said outspoken Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, these statements were made in response to Boko Haram and the Nigerian military approach in response: “Take them [soldiers and police out from the Boko Haram’s ravaged areas of the north] to the barracks or rooms, and we (the north, Nigerians?) will get peace.” Furthermore, he said, “there was a plot to oppress Muslims since the Chief of Army Staff is a non-Muslim.” Then he fumed, “We are back in the Ironsi days.”

The reason these statements made in the height of bigotry and utter hate deserve any scrutiny and response is because they were made, not in any other place by this Sheik, but right on his pulpit as he delivered a sermon to Nigerian Muslims at the famous Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna at a largely-attended Ramadan sermon on Friday evening.

This man who obviously intends to breed more anti-Igbo/Christian/Southerners northern Muslims went on to say, “What we are saying is in the spirit of peace; they should remove these soldiers and police on the roads and nothing will happen to us in the name of Allah…

If the Boko Haram (terrorists) are Muslims, they should leave us with them, and enter their barracks.

Muslim cities like Sokoto, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe and all others should be vacated.” Now, to men of/in his religious and ethnic class and to many other political slaves who lead their people in many Southern States in Nigeria, these statements are harmless and made “in the spirit of peace.” Well, I disagree, and I’m certain that the true Spirit of Peace equally disagrees.

Let me tell you why:

1. He said that there has been a plot to oppress Muslims since the Chief of Staff is no longer a Muslim. What he actually revealed is that their kind of peace will never be attainable in Nigeria unless a Muslim is the Chief of Staff; in other words, when a Muslims is at the helm of national security, then the Muslims are secure, but, when they are not, their security is not guaranteed and the “peace of a peace-loving people” is threatened.

It will be noted that Lieutenant general Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika is the first Igbo man who has ever attained to such a position, and that, for over forty years, it has been these bigots who have ruled and claimed Nigeria as their spiritual birthright.

For half a century and more that they have ruled and administered their kind of peace, war, deprivation and outright denial of justice are what they have delivered to other Nigerians (and themselves, sadly) as symbol of peace.

The emergence of a non-Muslim Chief of Staff and President from the South-South who is equally a non-Muslim did not bring about violence and all the atrocious and anti-people activities of the northern children.

2. Then he claimed that Nigeria (or, specifically, the north) is now back to the times when Ironsi was in power. It will be recalled here that this very Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi, an Igbo man, was the most qualified of the army officers after the first coup (which, by the way, has been established to be anything far from being “an Igbo coup,” but the first Nigerian military response to the general chaos, mainly in opposition to the dominance privileges given the north by Britain, Nigeria’s colonial master, as terms to get northern oligarchy into a One-Nigeria for the then sole purpose of serving the British.

This dominance by the north made things unworkable for the whole of the South in particular and for the new independent Nigeria in general) and, therefore, rightly assumed the post of the military head of the then Nigeria when he survived the assassination plans by the coup plotters.

But just about six months into his leadership as the first Nigerian military head of State, as he moved about trying to make peace and settle every unrest and reasons for unrest, the northern oligarchy then championed a purely religious and ethnic coup in which both Aguiyi Ironsi and his host, Lieutenant Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi, the then Military Governor of Western Nigeria, were ridden with bullets by Theophilus Danjuma (the vagabond who still wanders in the corridors of power in the abominable Nigeria) and his northern soldiers.

His crime was that, although he was not a part of the coup plotters which saw to the death of Ahmadu Bello, the then Sarduana of Sokoto, his delay or refusal to punish those behind the coup within the six months of his assumption, brought about his death and the deaths of mostly all Igbo high-ranking military officers.

And although these bigots and brutes would neither see reasons with Aguiyi Ironsi when he swiftly did all he could to, firstly, douse tension by appointing the northerners to most of the top positions, nor would they give him time to amend what was lightly fractured, they carried out pogrom and then installed a puppet, Gowon, to perfect their wickedness.

By the statement of this Islamic scholar, Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, he has reawakened the spirit of the 60s and is now telling the northern children that the emergence of President Goodluck Jonathan and General Ihejirika were, in every way, to destroy the Muslims and the northerners.

This is the very spirit which brought about the “Araba” pogrom and the genocide. Since this very spirit was wrong then, it is still wrong today because it’s proven to be alien to peace; it’s clearly the spirit of the Antichrist – the spirit of falsehood.

3. And, finally, he demanded that the government of Nigeria should leave the northern parts of Nigeria for the terrorist Boko Haram because “they are Muslims.” In saying this, he has moved too quickly and has now blown the cover of their new “northernization policy,” a sequel to that which Ahmadu Bello brought about.

He is, in clarity, saying: “These people you call terrorists are Muslims and are doing the works of peace. If the government of Nigeria loves peace, they must take the police and the army off Muslim cities like Sokoto, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe and others.

In other words, he is saying that he, in all he preaches, stands where Boko Haram stands, that is, that a federal government, where Muslims will be a part and where Sharia system will not take over State law, is an abomination.

Furthermore, he is affirming that all northern cities should be rid of the Igbo, Christians, Southerners, the police and the army.

Having given these few lines, I’m still certain that any other able person could carry out a critical evaluation of these statements of bigotry made by a religious leader to whom many northern youths listen and still arrive at these

discoveries:

1. He speaks the mind of the north

2. He intends to create a 21th-century Araba in the north

3. Just as the entire north renounced the good gestures of Aguiyi Ironsi, he has clearly told northerners to renounce both President Goodluck Jonathan and Lieutenant general Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika.

4. He has, invariably, emphatically and pointedly, through his “Ironsi days” speech, told all Muslim serving in the army to mutiny and to kill Gen. Ihejirika so as to be able to either use Goodluck Jonathan, as the puppet Gowon was used, to carry out further genocides.

The question now is: against which ethnic group, against which nationality do they plot these in vain? The answer may not be as clear as what we must all do to ensure that the reign of evil is cut short.

I therefore remind the President, Goodluck Jonathan, that he is not actually far from his enemies and that, a stich in time saves nine.

To you, Mr. President, I say: you clearly have two choices to choose from:

1. Work towards a so-called second term, and be sure that you may not enter it in one piece

2. Use your position as a South-Southerner and immediately kick in steps for the peaceful dissolution of this country (since we all know that it will be dissolved some day soon)

3. If you choose the first, be sure that your generations and your people will become eternal slaves in the new Nigeria (although the Igbo will not be part of it). If you choose the second, you would have created a name for yourself above the names of all who have ever ruled Nigeria; a name which will not only be synonymous with freedom, but will be the pride of your people for generations to come.

And you can be sure that supports will galvanize themselves towards you and this noble action. However, as for those who plot wickedness and exult the reign of evil, I say: You will be thrown down into the valley of regrets, and the days of your wickedness are over!

Wonders shall never end.

http://ireporterstv.com/kill-the-igbogeneral-azubuike-ihejirika-jonathan-will-be-plucked-off-islamic-clericsheik-ahmad-abubakar-gumi/

5 Likes

Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by mojounited(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
Interesting! Source please...
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Joeadamu86: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
At the mere sight of Sheik Gumi,you will know that he has lost touch with reality,he is capable of saying anything......
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Elueme: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hmmmmmm!. Ok now, we shall see...
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Skii(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
These northerners are funny o
They don't want GEJ to rule but yet they still want us to be together when they get into power
mscheww...
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by BJ4REEL(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
May God help us!
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
Igbo nation are looking for excuse to destroy nigeria and scatter dis country. Pls help us, let us end dis country. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by 9jaIhail(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Igbo nation are looking for excuse to destroy nigeria and scatter dis country. Pls help us, let us end dis country. wink grin

@Bliss4lyfe did you just wrote this?
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

yes o! Hausa think igbos were created for dem to murder as dey like without consequence, but sooner or later as Asari said, one mad person will make teaching dem a lesson the primary purpose of existence.

2 Likes

Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Igbo nation are looking for excuse to destroy nigeria and scatter dis country. Pls help us, let us end dis country. wink grin

Wow! I am simply short of words!
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by 9jaIhail(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

yes o! Hausa think igbos were created for dem to murder as dey like without consequence, but sooner or later as Asari said, one mad person will make teaching dem a lesson the primary purpose of existence.

Now i got what you mean lol.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Caseless: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Op,source,pls! Dou, u said he denied sayin dat. Cud u pls quote him in hausa and make refrnce 2 d particular tafsir(qur'anic lecture) whr he said al dat 4 me 2 c 4 my sef. Cos, i knw govno yakowa,a non-muslim influenced his release frm saudi.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by 9jaIhail(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
caseless: Op,source,pls! Dou, u said he denied sayin dat. Cud u pls quote him in hausa and make refrnce 2 d particular tafsir(qur'anic lecture) whr he said al dat 4 me 2 c 4 my sef. Cos, i knw govno yakowa,a non-muslim influenced his release frm saudi.

http://ireporterstv.com/kill-the-igbogeneral-azubuike-ihejirika-jonathan-will-be-plucked-off-islamic-clericsheik-ahmad-abubakar-gumi/
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by ODB2: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
This is not, I REPEAT, NOT 1966.

The dynamics has changed, no more cold war, no cuban crisis and Britain (an active ally of the Nigerian Govt) has been reduced to ridiculed position in every sphere they once commanded.

The peace, progress, identity and future of the collective peoples from the southeast and south south is under attack once again by the same group.

Let me assure you all that war is not the answer but as it is inevitable in today's Nigeria I want to reiterate that if there be a war it shall not be fought in the southeast or southsouth. Cowards and bullies have a way from shying from a real fight.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
In a few years time, its very unlikely that they won't be war,except if this northern fcks are just bluffing smiley
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by 9jaIhail(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think the former war is what deceiving the northerners.But i don't blame them because majority of them has no access to internet or news paper to learn that the war wasn't won by the Nigeria forces alone. I wish they can see the hand writing on the wall that the British of those days are no longer the British of today.I wish someone can devout time and educate this animals.

1 Like

Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Caseless: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
A retired major, a medical doctor and an anti-BH cleric who recently escapd atak as claimd in sum qtrs cud not hav said dat. Dou,ibo easily go emotional wt issues lyk dis. If he did say dat,den i'm disapointed..cos i dnt bliv ihejirika can destroy islam.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by herolaw(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
intresting sourse.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by fetimi1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
herolaw: intresting sourse.
COURTSEY OF SIR FETIMI UDUKEKARI CEPHAS A.K.A OWEI-TORBOR-KIRIFAGHA 1 OF THE UNIVERSE.

Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
hmm i tried reading but i did not see it literarily, is reading inbetween the line that he meant what he said as the topic stated?
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Laryokeke: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
I don't find this piece absolutely pertinent. First of all, words were evidently forced into the mouth of the muslim cleric by the author and his motives were greatly misrepresented here to fan the embers of ethnicism. Secondly, the entire piece was written from the south east christian perspective, with words like the anti-christ repeatedly used as if they were core precepts of the constitution.

And of course, just like it was fashioned, the write up has elicited diverse ethnocentric sentiments from an already volatile group of people..

All i have to tell Nigerians is that Nigeria is this bad because you are all so foolish that you continue to subject yourselves to religion and its agents, extolling it and its divisive precepts more than any other thing. Hence, the fruits of religion which are selfishness, backwardness, fanaticism, wars, and terrorism are with you. You all need to start thinking out of the box.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by lacasa: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
This op must be Igbo undecided

Calling sheikh Gumi a bigot wen dis story story is reeking of misguided assumptions anϑ bigotry.

This is wat Nairaland has turned ϯo.

Sad as it is undecided
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by lacasa: 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
Laryokeke: I don't find this piece absolutely pertinent. First of all, words were evidently forced into the mouth of the muslim cleric by the author and his motives were greatly misrepresented here to fan the embers of ethnicism. Secondly, the entire piece was written from the south east christian perspective, with words like the anti-christ repeatedly used as if they were core precepts of the constitution.

And of course, just like it was fashioned, the write up has elicited diverse ethnocentric sentiments from an already volatile group of people..

All i have to tell Nigerians is that Nigeria is this bad because you are all so foolish that you continue to subject yourselves to religion and its agents, extolling it and its divisive precepts more than any other thing. Hence, the fruits of religion which are selfishness, backwardness, fanaticism, wars, and terrorism are with you. You all need to start thinking out of the box.

U dey mind the useless op †ђat wrote this

They'll soon send it ϯo the frontpage, wait anϑ see
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by FSU: 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
It will be noted that Lieutenant general Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika is the first Igbo man who has ever attained to such a position, and that, for over forty years, it has been these bigots who have ruled and claimed Nigeria as their spiritual birthright.

So what then was Ironsi?
Was he not the head of the army before becoming head of state?
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by Caesar1988(m): 12:10am On Aug 17, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Bliss,i love d way u eat shit
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by excondido(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2012
islam and muslims are just restive people.....this the attitude of true muslim and GUMI is a good one for that matter.
Re: Kill General Ihejirika & Jonathan Will Be Plucked Off.” – Islamic Cleric,gumi by AjanleKoko: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
It's quite disturbing, all these radical statements in the media, especially from Northerners.
Well . . .time to face reality for all of us, I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's National Anthem Composer, Pa Ben Odiase, Dies / The New Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Had Broken A Record / Jimi Agbaje Declares For Lagos Guber Race, To Contest Under PDP [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.