Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) (23572 Views)

My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor / Wife Raped By Brother-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by bournvita: 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
Sagamite:

I will beat the fck out of his life if he resists me giving him times 2 of the slaps he gave her!

Never again will he be that senseless.

I don't ever touch my wife, you will come and touch my wife and you expect me to be civilised?

He was restrained they said. I can imagine someone trying to restrain saga and saga breaking loose grin

Even as a woman if someone insults my husband I am willing to break bottle on their head not to talk of a man whose wife was slapped just because she disciplined a little girl for the first time ever.

Which kain yeye "let's tackle this wisely", what is there to tackle. Even I will beat my elder sister up if she disrespects my husband how much more a man for his wife?
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Tgirl4real(f): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2012
Sagamite:

GOD FORBID BAD THING!

I REJECT THAT IN THE NAME OF JESUS!

I REBUKE ALL THE EVILS MY ENEMIES ARE WISHING ON ME.

Ashokortorkortorkortor. Mo bragadagadagadagada. FIRE!

U berra no give yaself high blood pressure! grin grin grin

So, dem gals waiting on u for 15years all in d name of long courtship don enter one chance? Lol.

I won't be surprised if you are married to 3 wives already. tongue
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
bournvita:

He was restrained they said. I can imagine someone trying to restrain saga and saga breaking loose grin

Even as a woman if someone insults my husband I am willing to break bottle on their head not to talk of a man whose wife was slapped just because she disciplined a little girl for the first time ever.

Which kain yeye "let's tackle this wisely", what is there to tackle. Even I will beat my elder sister up if she disrespects my husband how much more a man for his wife?

I felt like that too but what would u have me do. Throw petrol into an already burning fire? Am glad my cousin is not on NL cos he would be screaming blue murder after he reads all these una posts. Beside, I wonder how many people u would have been able to fight if u where in his shoe. Its just a pity that NL is always divided when it comes to topics like this, people would always want to draw blood which may not be the best thing to do when angry.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Sagamite(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U berra no give yaself high blood pressure! grin grin grin

So, dem gals waiting on u for 15years all in d name of long courtship don enter one chance? Lol.

I won't be surprised if you are married to 3 wives already. tongue

Not wives. Babymamas! cool
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by safarigirl(f): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sagamite:

Mba!

Bachelor for life! cool
yet you dey here dey threaten fire and brimstone on top wife wey you no go ever marry. Nna coolu temper biko nu. So you no wan get pikin, abi you wan do Tu baba style?
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
safarigirl: yet you dey here dey threaten fire and brimstone on top wife wey you no go ever marry. Nna coolu temper biko nu. So you no wan get pikin, abi you wan do Tu baba style?

I already have 18 pikins outside. I don't need more, I can't afford it. grin
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ronkebp(f): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
safarigirl: yet you dey here dey threaten fire and brimstone on top wife wey you no go ever marry. Nna coolu temper biko nu. So you no wan get pikin, abi you wan do Tu baba style?

Even Tu-baba gansef....after gallivanting around for years and throwing out s/p/e/rms high on the mountains and low in the valleys, still put a "ring on it",

Saga....when you meet that " ONE" you will put "a ring on it"...straighta!!!!
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2012
Guys, will be back to update this story after the meeting tomorrow.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by freecocoa(f): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2012
^Following.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
A big fight broke out between two factions. It was quite colourful but atleast I believe someone has learnt to keep his hands to himself when he is upset, regardless of what upset him.....story continues shortly. I have to wait till they finish b4 someone slaps me since that is what they know how to do in this family. Guy pls bear wit my limited words today, am just writing from my fone.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by freecocoa(f): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
^Abeg do update us.

1 Like

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
drnoel: A big fight broke out between two factions. It was quite colourful but atleast I believe someone has learnt to keep his hands to himself when he is upset, regardless of what upset him.....story continues shortly. I have to wait till they finish b4 someone slaps me since that is what they know how to do in this family. Guy pls bear wit my limited words today, am just writing from my fone.

Lol. I hope you all allowed the woman's husband get a few good punches in before you broke up the fight sha.

1 Like

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Lexoria: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
Dede1:

I guess your brother equally informed you not to slap your husband relatives. Who cares if you slap your kids blue and red?

No relative of his who is a child but won't take corrections from me will live in our house.Can u listen to urselfI disciplined a child not an adult.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by violent(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
orisirisi!

panti!

Dem slap pesin wife and i read here, talks of "restraining" him!...ori mi o ni buru, kamari!

hear another person speak:

We Nigerians reply with sentiments on this forum. When concerns us, we remember culture but when it doesn't we move right ahead.

I remember a thread where one guy talked about how nasty his SIL was to him when he visited her un announced, everyone was screaming blue murder on that thread ....."courtesy demands this and Courtsey demands that."...he should have informed her before coming how rude but BUSYBODY and one DAILYGUY's comments humbled me, they asked if we were so in a hurry to forget about where we are came from?, have we become so westernized that our traditional values have been swept under the carpet?" when did people start announcing their visits before time? What happened in those days when we had no form of communication? If BIL informed his brother isn't it enough already?

these same people talking about how nigerians need to change their cultural views or how our traditional values are fckud up, supported these nairalanders comments indirectly. Is it not the same Nigerian values? Why do we only pick them when it suits our opinion at that point in time?

May God save us all including myself

PS, I'm mobile pardon errors

SHIOR!!!!!!

What rubbish culture? Culture defined by whom? By folks who lived many years ago and couldn't develop their IQs to full potential?...Once upon a time in the same culture, killing of twins was an acceptable norm, shall we revisit that in the name of protecting our culture?

Abeg shift make i pass!...you fit dey punch your own wife, hopefully it makes you sleep better at night and makes your great grandfathers proud of you wherever they are....kare, omo daada!
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Lexoria:

No relative of his who is a child but won't take corrections from me will live in our house.Can u listen to urselfI disciplined a child not an adult.

Can you read this?

Beating a defenceless minor is acceptable but beating an adult is terrible.

Take that case to a foreign country and see how that woman would fare after beating a minor
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2012
freecocoa: ^Abeg do update us.

Guys sorry I returned a little tired yesterday and couldn't bring myself to update the story. In some families respect is optimum and some of these families implement this in some very hard ways. If u've been following u would remember that in this situation a man's elder brother, in an attempt to implement this respect just so the brother wife would not repeat her effrontery slapped his brother's wife severally even when she tried explaining herself. As of then till the day of the meeting (yesterday friday) no outsiders were involved (NLers excluded) but emotions have been expressed, have boiled over and overflowed and have since then been waiting for a release. I will try to give u guys the meat of the rest of the story but bear with me cos it may really be a lot to type, I will try to summerize it as best as I can, meaning that I would have to cut some juicey stuff out at the end of the day.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2012
This drnoel sef, what is this we've been waiting since yesterday oh, instead of u to come and give us gist, ur teasing us small small.

1 Like

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2012
steph7: This drnoel sef, what is this we've been waiting since yesterday oh, instead of u to come and give us gist, ur teasing us small small.

abeg no vex. I just wanted to lay the ground for people that have not been following the story till now so I can finish up the story. I will post the update today for sure just let me finish my house chores so my wifey would not have much to do anymore.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by drnoel: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
I think to tell the remaining story it would be best to begin at the end. I know some would say but i had time to post a preamble earlier today and I am sorry if it wasn´t what u guys wanted to read but then how can u write a story about happening that are still too unclear or about men older than u fighting themselves infront of their elders. Or about the younger practically lifting his older brother from the ground and trying to smatch him on the floor b4 we had to force him to the ground himself. I am not proud to have to say things like this have happened and but then worse more cos the meeting was boycotted by madam´s family (she is an only child). I don´t know how her cousins found out. I have a good relationship with them and had begged her to atleast keep it from them until this was solved among us). How do I explain that immediately they arrived my elder ones house the elder cousin (that slapped madam) had to scale the fence and left us there to hold her family back. Her family in their anger would have attacked her husband too but for the fact that the young man´s linen was already rumpled and caked with blood as evidence that he was already trying to defend his wifey´s right.

Guys conversation changed from accussing a supposedly unruhly proud silly sister-inlaw to trying to make amend to an unjustly accused sister-inlaw. U need to hear my dad and his brothers, praise her,....u won´t just believe it.

steph7: This drnoel sef, what is this we've been waiting since yesterday oh, instead of u to come and give us gist, ur teasing us small small.
People, I had to write a fast update just cos of the people already abusing me for keeping them waiting this long. I really appologise, it wasn´t unpurpose.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by coogar: 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lexoria:

try that in a civilised country and find yourself in jail.....even your own children would be taken away from you! beating a minor is even worse than beating an adult!
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ronkebp(f): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
Drnoel....in as much as i do not like violence of any kind....but i like the way things turned out. There is no justification of any kind where another man will raise his hands against another man's wife, because they feel they are disciplinarians, am glad the husband stood up for his wife and also her family....the husband's elder brother should have waited...how would he like it, if his younger brothers beat up his own wife?, am sure he will pat them on the back since he "beats his wife" if raising your hands against another person's wife comes so easily, then imagine what he must have done or is still doing to his own wife. Anyways, am sure he has learnt his lesson.

It will take awhile for everything to die-down, but all will be well in due time.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Sagamite(m): 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Can you read this?

Beating a defenceless minor is acceptable but beating an adult is terrible.

Take that case to a foreign country and see how that woman would fare after beating a minor

Well, foreign countries or people are not always right you know.

If it is sane to be responsible for a minor, you should have all reasonable powers to control them.

These same foreign countries will not jail minors or allow minors vote, hence it is obvious they see sense that minors are not equal to adults, hence can't demand the same rights.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ronkebp(f): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Shebi that is what they want others to believe, that they do not beat their kids, i saw a neighbour of mine, pure white man, hitting his kid, i felt bad for the boy.....but his dad had to discipline him, if you see the back-hand he gave that boy..

Another event happened in the store, a lady had been warning her son, you could hear her from the other side yelling at him, omo, the next thing she was pulling on his ears, as in, turning the ears till it turned red, the boy should be around 10 yrs old and instanta he behaved himself.

Some Nigerian parents with over-sabi attitude, "don't beat a minor", go and live with some of this white parents and see how they really discipline their kids, they know how to reinforce positive behaviours and also know how to punnish negative ones with different methods.Don't take what you watch in the movies to heart at all, all that na for show.

1 Like

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ehn? she is an only child? that brother in law that scaled fence should have sat down nowww, shebi he knows how to hit women? e for sitdon well well and see if he will live to see the next day. grin ....and her husband? loved what he did, you don't hit someone's wife and expect him to fold his hands and watch. You can stop him from reacting the day it happens but once he locks eyes with his wife's abuser, something is bound to happen.

I am a woman, I might not be strong enough to fight some bloke who harasses my husband but God knows I will not sit back and watch a family member insult my husband. If I could do it for my father, how much more the man that shares a bed with me?

How dare you hurt those that mean the world to me and expect me not to forget 10 bottles of Gulder on your head? the brother should have beaten the life out of him. Insecure piece of trash the BIL is-a bully
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
Drnoel, please don't summarise oh. Please take your time to write what happened bit by bit. I have been eagerly waiting for the update.

As I read the update especially the part where the woman's family came prepared, I just could help but laugh. The man don enter am; next time he will think twice before raising his hands on a woman even if he is angry.

I hope this incident serves as a lession to all men who still feel bashing a woman is ok. You never know the kind people she get for her side who won't take such thing being done on their daughter/sister/cousin lightly.

1 Like

Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
.......And I am not saying this because he is here. There are a few men I respect on this forum and Sagamite is one of them. He does not believe in God but I can bet anyone here that he will one day make a great dad and husband. A man who will protect his family with everything he's got. His comments on this forum about his "potential" wife is all the proof I need. Meanwhile I have my own christian brothers bashing their wives like crazy, it is a shame.

I hope sagamite finds God though, cos he is real. cool
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
ronkebp:

Shebi that is what they want others to believe, that they do not beat their kids, i saw a neighbour of mine, pure white man, hitting his kid, i felt bad for the boy.....but his dad had to discipline him, if you see the back-hand he gave that boy..

Another event happened in the store, a lady had been warning her son, you could hear her from the other side yelling at him, omo, the next thing she was pulling on his ears, as in, turning the ears till it turned red, the boy should be around 10 yrs old and instanta he behaved himself.

Some Nigerian parents with over-sabi attitude, "don't beat a minor", go and live with some of this white parents and see how they really discipline their kids, they know how to reinforce positive behaviours and also know how to punnish negative ones with different methods.Don't take what you watch in the movies to heart at all, all that na for show.

According to the OP if I remember correctly, It was the first time this woman has ever disciplined this girl the way she did. That girl's father was just trying to exercise some strength on her, what a weakling. He saw the real fight and he scaled fence. e for sitdon jejely defend himself.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ronkebp(f): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
jennykadry: .......

True dat!!!!! Amin.....
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ronkebp(f): 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2012
jennykadry:

According to the OP if I remember correctly, It was the first time this woman has ever disciplined this girl the way she did. That girl's father was just trying to exercise some strength on her, what a weakling. He saw the real fight and he scaled fence. e for sitdon jejely defend himself.

i know right!!! don't mind that man, he just used his position as the older one, to cause unnecessary problem in the family...he has forgotten that the bond between a husband and a wife cannot be explained.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by Sagamite(m): 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
ronkebp:

GBAM!

Most do not realise despite the laws of non-smacking, a lot of westerners still do to some degree.

Smacking is the most sane response in some situations. Complete ban of it is just lunatical in my opinion. As you said, different methods!

Raise your child as you see in the movies and see the fcked up product you produce.

jennykadry: .......And I am not saying this because he is here. There are a few men I respect on this forum and Sagamite is one of them. He does not believe in God but I can bet anyone here that he will one day make a great dad and husband. A man who will protect his family with everything he's got. His comments on this forum about his "potential" wife is all the proof I need. Meanwhile I have my own christian brothers bashing their wives like crazy, it is a shame.

Er .......Wrong! grin

I am agnostic deist!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
"Deism is a religious philosophy which holds that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that the universe is the product of a creator. According to deists, God never intervenes in human affairs or suspends the natural laws of the universe. Deists typically reject supernatural events such as prophecy and miracles, tending instead to assert that a god (or "the Supreme Architect" ) does not alter the universe by intervening in it."

No one will ever know about God or find him and you will never see me buying private jet for any pastor. cheesy
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
drnoel:
Guys conversation changed from accussing a supposedly unruhly proud silly sister-inlaw to trying to make amend to an unjustly accused sister-inlaw. U need to hear my dad and his brothers, praise her,....u won't just believe it.

Why won't it change when your dad and your uncles saw the dimension the meeting was taking?

Maybe initially they were not supporting the lady but after seeing the way events were turning out, men they had to do something quick to salvage the situation especially with the lady's family coming fully charged for the meeting and realising that she wasn't at fault.

IMO, the man aggravated it. A simple conversion would have solved everything.
Re: Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sagamite:

If it is sane to be responsible for a minor, you should have all reasonable powers to control them.

These same foreign countries will not jail minors or allow minors vote, hence it is obvious they see sense that minors are not equal to adults, hence can't demand the same rights.

There is a law against beating a minor. Which makes it illegal, There is a law against prostitution in some countries it still doesnt stop people from doing it.

So tell me what you believe its right to beat a minor but wrong to beat an adult?

And can you tell us if the beaten children in Nigeria are better behaved than those that were not beaten

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? / Family section gist hub / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.