Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Do You Believe In These Superstitions? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (28506 Views)

Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
nyameke: dude we are all spirit beings created from the Spirit of God .. we are all gods. Your essence and who you really are is spirit. You are a spiritual being having a human experience. The human body is like a vehicle for your spirit to experience this physical dimension. When you disengage from this focus your spirit enters a dimension different from this current one..You do not see so called " spirits" because they live in higher dimension different from our dimension.. So speak for your self and not others.. There are plenty people out there including me who have sensed and seen "spirits" in the astral plane..

Btw You still didn't make one sense in your post.. your logic and understanding is flawed. Not being able to touch or see something does not make it imaginary. It's like saying God is imaginary because you cannot see or touch him.. its stupi.d mentality to have . Miracle is the only place where faith is required? Really son? Ok Your whole post was full of ignorance but with that statement I can see we are on different levels of consciousness and thus it is futile going back and forth with you Cus nothing I say will make sense to you..So no hard feelings but this is my last response to you on this topic..

Oh and I'm a Christian son

No sir we are not spirit. We are human being with flesh, Brian, blood and water. You brian is the most powerful section of your life where all the illusions, miracle, magic, voodoo, etc are generated, manipulated, processed, believed.
which part of your body do your spirit occupy?

Bros .. you can sense people's intelligence, not spirit. and you can not see spirit..
If you said you are a christian then you should know Trinity better than i do. God the father, God the son and God the spirit. And Jesus said I and my Father are one. who ever have SEEN ME have seen my father. (something you can see )
and he said you shall receive power when the spirit shall come upon you..."""
If you are a spirit which other spirit SHALL COME UPON YOU??

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by rudee007(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
You believe in magic but you dont believe in voodoo? are you confused or what. Its just like saying you believe theres the devil but you dnt believe in evil. Newsflash bro, all this things are possible. Especially number 4, i actually know that from experience, my uncle is a surgeon at the general hospital dambata kano state, he perfomed a surgery on a woman where he actually removed a tortoise from her cervix. I dont think the tortoise actually crawled up into her cervix. Even the "oyinbos" believe in voodoo. They cast spells on people and they even throw it in your face in movies (harry potter, skeleton key). I just hope it doesnt take an experience for you to believe. Pray and walk with God

cuteonyii: Hey guys, i'm not trying to offend any body here. But sometimes my friends finds it annoying when I tell them that I do not believe in the following.

1. That someone can make me appear on a mirror and cast a spell on me.
2. That someone can tie my destiny with my picture taken to some where.
3. That I can get ill when i walk over something buried under the earth or in front of my door.
4. That someone can changed baby in the womb to something else e.g stone, tortoise, etc.
5. That dead people can come out and hunt me.
6. I can see ghost.
7. That someone can get shot at and the bullet will not get into the body.
8. That Ritual will make money fill in your room.

Is not because of religion but just they way I grew up. I was born and raised in Africa for over 30 year i'm yet to get any prove for those stuff. I strongly believe in magics and poison, but when it comes to voodoo I do not believe in that.
I have actually seen people break, chew and swallow bottle when i was in Aba. But I call those stuffs magics because thats the only thing they could do all the time. I think we Africans call most things voodoo simply because we do not have explanations to them.
What do you believe??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
anonymous6:

well, there needs to be research but mine is based on what I heard from in church, family and media(1,2,4,6).

I never seen ghost but it is real and many people have stood by their claim after experiencing that, there are many shows that talk about this whether reality show or documentary, example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAScd2dZz7U

what you heard from anywhere do not prove to me that you can see ghost.. GHOST do not have form or shape. Is like saying you have seen the breath or wind.
TV show is for entertainment and making money. Some people are intelligent, they already knew that there are people out there who believed in such things like ghost. So the best thing is to come out with a show for such people to watch as they make their money..
so everything you watch in Nigeria movie are real?..
All the horror movies are real?..
NO NO NO

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Chubhie: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii:

No sir we are not spirit. We are human being with flesh, Brian, blood and water. You brian is the most powerful section of your life where all the illusions, miracle, magic, voodoo, etc are generated, manipulated, processed, believed.
which part of your body do your spirit occupy?

Bros .. you can sense people's intelligence, not spirit. and you can not see spirit..
If you said you are a christian then you should know Trinity better than i do. God the father, God the son and God the spirit. And Jesus said I and my Father are one. who ever have SEEN ME have seen my father. (something you can see )
and he said you shall receive power when the spirit shall come upon you..."""
If you are a spirit which other spirit SHALL COME UPON YOU??
I dont really seem to get your stand in all this....Is it the case that
...You are a Christian
...Believes in trinity
...Believes in Magic/magick
...believes that only the seen world exists? What really is your own position
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
ifyalways: Onyi, let me hear your views after going through

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://www.trueghosttales.com/questionsandanswers/does-voodoo-exist/&client=ms-rim&q=is+voodoo+real%3F&sa=X&ei=_DM6ULLdMYml0QWZpIG4Bw&ved=0CCEQFjAC

Ifyalways, what i read is same kind of people who share same kind believe.
No prove at all.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Onyii, if you are a pastor, many of your members would become victims of ignorance. Its unfortunate that I can see you face to face, just for me to prove to you if voodoo is real or not.
Pls, stop kiddin! Some bornagain women dared Agemo, because women do not look at it. They were cursed and today they are dead. Pls, dont joke with fire. If you didnt grow where you could have had the experience, that does not mean you should be saying trash.
The notorious armed robber called Annini. He faced firing square for good one hour, the army bullets did not penetrate. He himself told them to cut off his left toe before they could kill him.
Pls, dont joke with fire.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
dayokanu: Interesting

OP, You mean you dont believe in touch and follow

grin grin grin No be only touch and follow...also touch and die.. grin grin grin

Abeg give me one, i need am..

I wonder why all the kidnappers are still wasting their time and energy carrying guns when they can only use touch and follow... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
deejay_harry1: @op .... I no need talk much .... Jst pass a whole nyt for one cemetary near ur syd....yhur eye go clear by force

And you forget that there are people who main the so called cemetery. there are people who leave a stone throw from cemetery. and people who burry dead in the living room.
Show me the special cemetery you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
the.game:
Ignorance at its peak...@Op Heres a little advice. Take ur phone and go to a cemetary/market place around 2am and snap some pictures of yourself. Check the picture later, Dont be surprised to see other heads behind you saying "cheese" grin

I dont need to go to cemetery to do that.. i can do that any where and still have heads from no where on the pics...
Photoshop baby...
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
alaoeri: @op all depends on your level of exposure & where u have waka reach, pls take a trip τ̲̅ȍ niger state & see things for yourself visit the 'tapas' i believe a trial 'll convinced u.

And what will the TAPAS do?? why is the Niger Delta still struggling if the Tapas could do wonders
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
190-the-clown:
I have heard a tree got burnt and all sorts of pots, spoons, plate started
Dropping off th e tree

On another encounter heard a coffin refused entering a church

All these happened in my village early 90's

A lot of heard stories..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by basher(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii: Hey guys, i'm not trying to offend any body here. But sometimes my friends finds it annoying when I tell them that I do not believe in the following.

3. That I can get ill when i walk over something buried under the earth or in front of my door.
4. That someone can changed baby in the womb to something else e.g stone, tortoise, etc.
6. I can see ghost.

Is not because of religion but just they way I grew up. I was born and raised in Africa for over 30 year i'm yet to get any prove for those stuff. I strongly believe in magics and poison, but when it comes to voodoo I do not believe in that.
I have actually seen people break, chew and swallow bottle when i was in Aba. But I call those stuffs magics because thats the only thing they could do all the time. I think we Africans call most things voodoo simply because we do not have explanations to them.
What do you believe??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
freecocoa: OP i don't believe many things as well, especially when it comes to the supernatural but guy somethings don make me dey reconsider my stand on the issue small small.

I've seen someone who was being shot at but the bullets didn't penetrate, i just don't know what to call that yet. Not to talk of the many tricks i have seen many abokis perform.

Not quite long ago, my younger sister was hypnotized or whatever by fraudsters and she went to my father's office, created a scene where she was asking for a large amount of money, saying stuffs like she'll kill herself if the money was not given to her etc, now this is something she won't do on a normal day(it all started after receiving a call from an unfamiliar number), it took some thunderous slaps from my dad to bring her partly back, she only regained herself fully 3 days after the incident, you won't believe that the number that called her could not be found in her call log afterwards, now how will you explain that?

My sister there are ways you can get shot without being harmed.

Bullet prove
Using blank rounds
Dummy rounds

If i want to do voodoo or magic, i will load my gun with Blank rounds but the first one will be real live round. then i will call the whole city together and show them that i can get shot at and nothing go happen.
Then i will give someone who has the mind to shoot at say Goat or dog with the first round which is real live round and of course the goat will die instanter, then let same person turn the gun on me and shoot me knowing two dam well that the following rounds are Blanks.. Wont you be amazed?

Is unfortunate that your younger sister is one the believers of voodoo and magic.
A fraudster already knew that Africans are so scared of magic or voodoo. so all they need to do is perform some magic or voodoo to your victim to scare him/her to death. then tell him/her anything to do...your scared victim have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by basher(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2012

6. I can see ghost.

What do you believe??

I personally know people who have died because some herbalist had told them they could "chest" bullets. There are people out there who prey on the ignorance & gullibility of others. Just be careful; what u dont believe in can hardly affect you. This includes SATAN too.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by OXYZ: 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
Drop your email or contact me and I will show you other side of life.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
shadrach77: The poster is extremely silly. Can you see oxygen with which you are breathing? How then do you believe that it exits? The truth is there is more to life than what we see physically. Certain things cannot be explained by words of mouth. Only people who have experienced it will be convinced but convincing others might be a challenge . That's why the bile teaches us that salvation is a personal issue. Let me give you another example . If your silly self had stomach ache, how would you prove it to those around you that you are not pretending and what you are feeling is real? tongue

If you read your post and compare it with other peoples post you will see the different. No one have been calling each other "SILLY"

thats by the way, Oxygen is an element which has characters, color and can be tested any where any day to prove that it exist.

which part of the thread are you arguing about?.. Magic, voodoo, spirit or ghost.
come clean and make your point known with some proves.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by konami001: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
OP... going through your posts, its obvious that you are full of knowledge already and there is no way
one can fill a cup that is filled already. My advise to you is to try and find some time to sit still, and deeply
reflect on your life from when you were a little boy, try to recall as much as you can, your life. Do this with an
open mind and not a closed one. And you will find the answers to your questions from your own life experiences.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by chiochio1(m): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
HEY DON'T SHOUT ON HIM, JUST MAKE YOUR POINTS YOU CAN SEE HOW HE CLEARLY EXPLAIN THINGS, YOU JUST WANT TO BRING INSULT AND AT THE END YOU WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING...
cuteonyii:

Ok since you do not want to be more matured in your argument by using the word ignorance and lack of understanding. I put it this way, you are the one who is ignorant, lack of understanding and so blinded with the theory of magic and voodoo. you are as confused as your statement by mixing up miracle with magic and voodoo. Im surprise that you even mentioned Bible here. yet you went ahead by saying that MAGIC came from God. Tell me any where, or any version of the BIble where Gods works are referred as Magic. Are you atheist, christian or traditionalist so that i can know where to start to heal your diseases?
read other peoples opinion about magic and miracle here...if you care..
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090313112334AAYVBtN
http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111003190029AA1Ql2C
does that make every thing right? i do not know. but you can make sence out of it.

What is the meaning of formula and Pattern? any thing that has formula and pattern must follow same rules and procedure, otherwise the result will not be achieved. Magic is pre determine, which means the trickster already knew the rules and the result. magic can only produce illusion to deceive people like "YOU"
IM STILL CHALLENGING YOU TO SHOW ME ONE MAGIC..AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW IT WORKS!!!!
Exodus 17:12. we are told what method God used to do his miracle. does it mean it has to follow same pattern all the time? Nope God can do his thing in many ways he wants to. no rules, no formula, no incantation, no procedure. Bros, no magic or voodoo happens out of no way. I do not want this to get more complicated by going into the scripture. because if we do, then we will end up diverging the topic.
If i want to use the bible, i will ask you to explain the meaning of " IF YOU HAVE FAITH AS BIG AS THE MUSTARD SEED, YOU CAN MOVE THE MOUNTAIN" is faith voodoo? is faith magic? Miracle is the only place where faith is required... which voodoo or magic preaches or teaches about faith
all those things you mentioned from the bible are just telling us that God is a guy man. He can do things the way it pleases him. Ok the Israelites are still there in the middle east surrounded by their enemies. let Benjamin Netanyahu raise his hand so that Israel could defeat Iran, Hezbollah, Etc..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
ifyalways: @ onyi, we have African voodoo, Brazilian voodoo, Haitian voodoo. etc so its not just an African affair.

Voodoo is a complex subject to discuss. As a religion based on spells and spirits etal and as with other spirit based religions, it have effects on people. Believe it or not.

People are suppressed, hypotised without drugs but by subtle and firm suggestions/ instructions aided by faith (in whatever they believe). The human mind is capable of doing any and every thing.

If people can believe that a man can "hear from god" in the night or can cure by flinging his handkerchief , why would it sound strange that people communicate with spirits?

why not American voodoo? London Voodoo Why just third world countries because those countries are behind the realities of science and technologies which is the original voodoo with proves..

I Agree with you when it comes to power in the word that we speak. you can talk or sing someone to sleep. you can talk someone to break down in tears, you can talk someone to be aggressive,
You can talk someone to choose to be suicide bomber.. there are all motivations..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by NobleAngell(f): 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
I dont believe in magic,voodoo, jazz, charms and all wat not. And since i dont biliv in dem, i hav 1 less thing 2 worry about undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nwanne u never jam. Count urself lucky, cos when u jam u no go get mouth they say u don't bliv.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
Lovine: Because you don't believe on something does not mean it don't exist. Don't doubt what you don't know or have never heard of.Go to Republic of Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, etc, Voodoo is real whether you believe it or not. In Benin Republic up-till today people can still turn to animals and other stuffs, Satan is real and exist in planet earth. The Bible said the he makes himself to appear like the angel of light. There is magic that is only tricks but there magics that are from the pit of hell(demonic)

why only Africa.... and what have we done so far with the voodoo??
we should be exporting voodoo or voodoo expatriates by now..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
jude33084:

Rich men know those stuffs ßŮϯ Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† makes most of them Ť☺ look τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ other way is Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Vudoo or charms ask in return cool

Its not always ƒя̩eǝ(not in mometary terms) U̶̲̥̅̊
know cheesy

so how many poor people have used the power of charm to disappear to Euro or US instead of wasting their time at the embassy??
disappear to Mexico or columbia and carry drugs then disappear back to US or EUro and sell your things..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nigerians go and do something useful
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
i_am_model: @ OP, pls come to my village in edo state & see things for yourself,don't depend wholly on the internet for your research(hope u have nt 4gotten GIGO). By the time you come back,your perception about this issue will certainly change. Just know that such things exist in reality,but don't "believe" it can affect you(you r what u believe).

Mention one thing special about your Edo voodoo let us see..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by NobleAngell(f): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
ikiller: Nwanne u never jam. Count urself lucky, cos when u jam u no go get mouth they say u don't bliv.
I neva jam because i no dey believe all dose rubbish. I hav Christ in me so i m pwetty sure, i wil neva jam. COPY THAT cool
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
haruna1970: My brother take your case to Ijebu in Ogun state and you will mystified the more.

No, you send the Ijebu voodoo to come here and show me..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
writejhn27: @poster now the madness is not serious you better visit Pastor TB Joshua church for cure

Is he the only preacher you know his name??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
mr_king: @cuteonyii please how do i follow you on twitter? I seriously need you in my Network. I admire your intellect. Better still drop ur email address thanks.

grin unfortunately I do not twit..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
rudee007: You believe in magic but you dont believe in voodoo? are you confused or what. Its just like saying you believe theres the devil but you dnt believe in evil. Newsflash bro, all this things are possible. Especially number 4, i actually know that from experience, my uncle is a surgeon at the general hospital dambata kano state, he perfomed a surgery on a woman where he actually removed a tortoise from her cervix. I dont think the tortoise actually crawled up into her cervix. Even the "oyinbos" believe in voodoo. They cast spells on people and they even throw it in your face in movies (harry potter, skeleton key). I just hope it doesnt take an experience for you to believe. Pray and walk with God

ohh waoo.. BLOW MY MIND!! your brother should have made history. so where is it documented??.. am sure the whole world and journalist would have trooped to Kano to bear your brother witness...

so movies are prove that there are voodoo ??.. waoo..

Do you really know what is called technology??
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by demmie1: 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
let anyone that had experienced this voodoo first hand -not dem say I hear come- forward and testify or let this excuse for laziness called voodoo/juju be forever put to rest.
the rest of the world are using their brains to develop new things and awarding merits we are using ours to find the easy ways out and giving excuses for baseless things.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
Chubhie: I dont really seem to get your stand in all this....Is it the case that
...You are a Christian
...Believes in trinity
...Believes in Magic/magick
...believes that only the seen world exists? What really is your own position
lol Yea he is as confused as most of the masses out there .he is scattering his thoughts and contentions all over the place and not making much sense..he lacks understanding of how the universe works and so going back and forth with him is futile.. Jou can't force people to understand stuffs when they are not willing or ready for it..I let nature takes it course

I always say reading.seeing, knowing, analysing and in this case debating something is NOT the same as understanding it. Let me repeat reading , seeing and knowing about something does not mean you understand it..

Only application and physical action on knowledge brings genuine understanding. They say knowledge is power and sets you free but I say complete freedom comes only when you understand the knowledge in your grasp..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) / Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Igbo Art (Nka Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.