Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police (13328 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Okene By Nigerian Troops (Graphic pics) / Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by youngies(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2012
The Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Command, Mr. Muhammed Katsina, on Thursday confirmed the arrest of a Special Adviser to Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Karaku, in connection with the recent violence in Okene area of the state.

Karaku is a former Chairman of Okene Local Government Area.

The CP, during a media briefing in Lokoja, also said the command arrested a former Chairman of Okehi Local Government Area, Abubakar Adagu, in connection with the crisis.

Our correspondent learnt that the two former chairmen had been taken to Abuja for further interrogation.

Katsina stated that the command had identified the perpetrators of the shootings of the worshipers at the Deeper Life Church, Otite in Okene LGA , where 20 persons were killed.

Many other worshippers were also injured and are currently receiving treatment in hospitals.

The CP reassured the residents and relevant authorities of the determination of the police to get to the root of the matter.

He warned that anyone indicted in the ongoing investigation would be made to face the law no matter how highly placed.

He stated that only the security agents were empowered by the law to carry arms, warning that unauthorised persons found with arms and ammunition would be punished in accordance with the laws.

Katsina said a suspected armed robbery kingpin, Abdulrazaq Adama, aka Risky, who had been terrorising some parts of the state was arrested in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

He stated that 12 more suspects had been arrested for various crimes in the state, adding that they were already assisting the police in investigations.

It will be recalled that Katsina had, on Sunday, said 16 suspects had been arrested for the Okene shootings

http://www.punchng.com/news/kogi-govs-aide-arrested-over-okene-killings-police/
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by youngies(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Government Boko Haram!

This country is irredeemable, so this is all about politics.
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by tpia5: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2012
undecided
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Olaolufred(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2012
No matter how hard you try to keep the truth, It will burst open one day.
The same origin of Boko Haram is playing its role in Okene.
Do or Die Politricks of PDP.
Used these hooligans/criminals in winning elections,
Put them on Government payroll as a means of compensation for a job-well-done.
Any mistake to stop their pay will lead to an opposite reactions.
Why is church their target?
Because they probably have some level of resentments against the church.
But these criminals had killed, maimed and destroy people's lives to enthone their PDP LG's chairmen and Governors.
Killing is never a hard thing to do as far as they are concern. It is more of a hobby.
While we keep on blaming Criminals, we should look deeper into their recruitment source-Do or Die politics.

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by ebamma(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2012
only in nigeria will a tout become a local government chairman only in nigeria will a killer be become a special adviser to a governor

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Greatfuture: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2012
The PDP government in Kogi state as been known for the use of hired thugs in kogi state while some had appointments as SSA to the governor under Ibro.its no news that one of them is arrested as the mastermind of the okene killing,like its always been done he will be freed and retain his post.A shame to kogites

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by igbeke: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2012
this is a good one. i just hope true justice prevails.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by tpia5: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2012
Why is church their target?

Because they probably have some level of resentments against the church.

i agree.
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by phaya(f): 9:25am On Aug 17, 2012
Honestly, am speechless. This is one whole blockbuster movie to me. God save Nigeria!
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Built2last: 9:25am On Aug 17, 2012
Late Sunny Okosun asked 'which way Nigeria' our leaders never answered him till he died....
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by ice74: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2012
State BH sponsors taken 2 federal BH sponsors 4 interogation, grin,
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2012
And after arresting him what next? Dem go still release am na! undecided same old story!

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Oluabayomi1(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2012
i think it is high time we started carrying arms to our respective churches to worship because these boys committing all these evils are quite aware that the worshipers are absolutely helpless.Fire me i water u
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Acidosis(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2012
We all know the truth now. It was said that the main target of these politicians was a top local government worker in Okene L.G.A who happens to be a Christian and a devoted member of Deeper Life Church. They actually wanted to kill him because he refused them a huge amount of bribe. Thank God He's still alive today because he was able to escape from the premises on time.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by jameszikman: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2012
After the arrest wat will happen next, 9ja with d same story everyday like movies...abegiiiii
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2012
C drama! U can keep guessing abt d outcome of dis case lyk me.
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Dreyl(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2012
Na wa oo
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2012
KOGI STATE!!!

Welcome to the league of useless Nigerian States..

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by sambos994(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2012
Do it the old fashion way....take him do a secret location, torture him, get information from him, then kill him. grin grin grin grin

So simple a caveman can do it.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by AustineE1: 9:50am On Aug 17, 2012
...is Abdulrazaq Adama aka Risky,a criminal said to be terrorizing Kastina state and environs a yoruba man or the yorubas of kastina?or is he the cell leader of south west Boko haram?he was caught in Akure,the Ondo state capital and am simply confused about this frequent mention of Yorubas in connections with Boko haram.The Boko haram kano incidence not long ago also mentioned an Ibadan indigene as the kingpin!Boko Haram is getting to close for comfort!
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2012
i laff in english, dn't b surprised by 2mao he wil be released just lyk they told us dat d man paraded 2 b kabiru sokoto was innocent. I weep 4 my country
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by buskeske: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2012
KUWTBH (Keeping Up With The Boko Haram)
Naija reality show
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by FindOut(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Acidosis: We all know the truth now. It was said that the main target of these politicians was a top local government worker in Okene L.G.A who happens to be a Christian and a devoted member of Deeper Life Church. They actually wanted to kill him because he refused them a huge amount of bribe. Thank God He's still alive today because he was able to escape from the premises on time.

You see am! So thugs were hired to go and massacre the worshippers + their intended target in bokoharam style, so as to provide a perfect cover for their crime & deflect attention from them, not minding the attendant religious crisis implications

Guys, we r getting more enlightened each day. I still assert that MOST of the killings & bombings in d north are strictly for political purposes. These guys want to cause trouble. I wonder how we find it difficult to believe our politicians (even the few honest ones among them), but when one Abubakar Shekau says his aim is to islamize Nigeria (as if that is in any way possible), we believe him wholeheartedly.

As to the recurrent question as to why churches are mostly the targets in the north, the answer is pretty obvious & quite simple for those who are open minded - to pit christians against muslims.

Frankly, in my opinion, i believe the real bokoharam died with Yusuf in 2009. The death was properly sealed with the killing of his younger brother last year after OBJ's visit. What we have now are thugs and killers, trained and well educated, who are carrying out this dastardly acts for political gains (or sympathy) & simply conveniently labelling themselves bokoharam, and using the ''islamize Nigeria'' theme as a perfect tool for their divide and rule tactics. Recall that these guys change their theme at will, from no western education to fighting police for killing ''thier'' leader, to fighting govt, to sharia, & now to GEJ should convert & resign. Like seriously, are they confused? Obviously YES. But i still believe God loves this country, & these killings will soon end, & oh, did I forget to mention that I dont forsee Nigeria dividing? Ok, i'm mentioning it now. Lol

Think people!!!

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by benkings(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Okija_juju: KOGI STATE!!!

Welcome to the league of useless Nigerian States..
it has alwayz bin useless,this event jst made d state SUPER USELESS !!

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by adewasco2k(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2012
People just want to comment on every post...if u gat no clue about the topic why not just shut up? The shooting has noting to do with Boko haram it is purely an inter-state affair....and its more of a religious thing than politics..though its hard to seperate the two here...it didn't just start over night the problem existed a long time ago and that's why the security agent have been able to make some positive moves....its purely not Boko Haram activity, there haven't been any confirmed Boko Haram activity in the state....even the bomb factories found could be that of any group, armed robbers and hoodlums uses bombs to.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by wilxz(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2012
This is becoming a trend, and i can see d hands of govt in this, these governors who hv notting to offer, sponsor these violence to put people in confusion and to take their minds off, the developments that should be recorded in these state. At the end of their tenure, they will tell d people dat the violence in d state, is d reason 4 little or no development in d state, while they continue to loot d state tresury.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by jamil2(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2012
Na today Yansh dey back? These leaders would keep fooling us!
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Super1759: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2012
But it is possible that the gov. Wada dosent know anything about this.
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2012
I DONT BLAME THE GOVT, I BLAME THE PEOPLE FOR ALL THAT IS HAPPENING.
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Olaolufred(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2012
Austine.E:
...is Abdulrazaq Adama aka Risky,a criminal said to be terrorizing Kastina state and environs a yoruba man or the yorubas of kastina?or is he the cell leader of south west Boko haram?he was caught in Akure,the Ondo state capital and am simply confused about this frequent mention of Yorubas in connections with Boko haram.The Boko haram kano incidence not long ago also mentioned an Ibadan indigene as the kingpin!Boko Haram is getting to close for comfort!

I assumed you have an open mind.
I also assumed you want to know what is unclear to you.
Okene Partly share border with Ondo state.
They have so many family extension in Towns and villages in Ondo state where they do farming which is an hallmark of hard-working Ebiras.
If you can remember, The first arrest made was in Ibillo, Edo state(the man who engaged security men in a shoot out, but fled with bullet injury).
These places, Ibillo, Auchi, Akoko areas of ondo state, Owo or Akure are close areas they can access with 30minutes to 2 hours journey on road.
A criminal will always migrate away from the scene or vicinity of a crime so as to avoid being arrested or being a suspect of such crimes.
Adama is an EBIRA name.
But a criminal can run anywhere to avoid justice.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by MRXELA(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2012
sambos994: Do it the old fashion way....take him do a secret location, torture him, get information from him, then kill him. grin grin grin grin

So simple a caveman can do it.
very ryt. Then it wil serv as a lesson 2 every. Who knw if d govrnur is amonge.. Even d presidnt, only God
Re: Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2012
The kogi template should be studied by the FG and northern states.

Surely their sponsors are within the corridors of power, so why not screw them up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call Your NSA To Order- Niger Delta Stakeholders Tell Buhari,protest In PH(PICS) / President Buhari Blames Powerful Individuals For Herders And Farmers Clashes / I Ate INEC Papers In Panic, Rivers Collation Officer Tells Enquiry Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.