Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (53169 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
And who are you to tell us whether tithes are biblical or not? Do you even believe God exists talkless of believing in the infallibility of the Word of God?
The fact that atheists, satanists, false teachers and backslidders all agree that the practise of tithing is unbiblical doesn't mean that you are right because one with God is more than a majority.

Kumuyi.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
@ Poster
Wait till Jesus returns to judge all things. Do not boast about Kumuyi's integrity because you are not God to know the hearts of men.

Let Kumuyi run his own race and pray for him to finish well. And you run your own race and finish well too. There are some things you hear about other pastors that are not true. Are you aware that it was popular in Israel after the resurrection of Christ, that the scandal of his disciples stealing his body from the grave and burying him in an unknown place started.

Many rigtheousmen men have false scandals hanging over their head - Jesus' disciples, Naboth, Paul, etc. Infact most men were not martyred because they necessarily believed Christ they were killed because some scandals were generated by men.

Scandal or no scandal has nothing to do with your walk with God. People use their mouth to say all sorts of things, and many are lies.

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
belabela: @ Poster
Wait till Jesus returns to judge all things. Do not boast about Kumuyi's integrity because you are not God to know the hearts of men.

Let Kumuyi run his own race and pray for him to finish well. And you run your own race and finish well too. There are some things you hear about other pastors that are not true. Are you aware that it was popular in Israel after the resurrection of Christ, that the scandal of his disciples stealing his body from the grave and burying him in an unknown place started.

Many rigtheousmen men have false scandals hanging over their head - Jesus' disciples, Naboth, Paul, etc. Infact most men were not martyred because they necessarily believed Christ they were killed because some scandals were generated by men.

Scandal or no scandal has nothing to do with your walk with God. People use their mouth to say all sorts of things, and many are lies.

Would you care to inform us the scandal(s) hanging on Jesus' disciples or Apostle Paul? And you better come with facts and not hear say.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
@ OLAADEGBU

You always just want unnecessary arguments. You leave the point and chase shadows most of the times. Well I have no time for knowledge that puffs you up. May be you should take your time study your bible carefully. And ask why Paul was imprisoned many times, beaten several times and chased out of the synagogue many times?

Also ask yourself why the disciples keep saying this Jesus that was crucified is risen?

Unnecessary arguments would not take you far. It would only make you wise in your own eyes

Shalom
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
belabela: @ OLAADEGBU

You always just want unnecessary arguments. You leave the point and chase shadows most of the times. Well I have no time for knowledge that puffs you up. May be you should take your time study your bible carefully. And ask why Paul was imprisoned many times, beaten several times and chased out of the synagogue many times?

Also ask yourself why the disciples keep saying this Jesus that was crucified is risen?

Unnecessary arguments would not take you far. It would only make you wise in your own eyes

Shalom

You entered the thread and made spurious claims and expect not to be challenged? You made a bold albeit, radical statement that most of the martyrs were killed for reasons other than their faith (implying that they were scandals) and you expect me not to question you? How does my challenging your statement translate to being puffed up in your eyes if you can tell us?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You entered the thread and made spurious claims and expect not to be challenged? You made a bold albeit, radical statement that most of the martyrs were killed for reasons other than their faith (implying that they were scandals) and you expect me not to question you? How does my challenging your statement translate to being puffed up in your eyes if you can tell us?

What spurious claims? I don't attend deeper life church but I have friends who do attend. One brother once told me this story that some people wanted to make a story about Kumuyi. He said they got a lady to knock on his hotel room at night and when the door opened the lady hugged the person who opened the door and cameras were taking pictures. Unfortunately for them it was Kumuyi's wife who opened. I don't know how true this story is. But let's assume Kumuyi opened the door and they succeeded in making a wrong story and a debate comes up. Would that make Kumuyi less a saint or not? Let God judge men. What do you really want to know?

May be you need to pray for the fruit of the spirit, particularly self control and patience. Learn to listen and think before jumping up with comments. Read Christian history and see that while the reason for persecution is understood by saints as for our faith. Those who carry out the persecution usually have a different reason. It is usually a scandal (a disgraceful or discreditable action, circumstance, etc. a person whose conduct brings disgrace or offense.) The christian knows he is being killed for his faith but the public sees it differently. The christian either has refused to honour the king/emperor, or he has spoken "heresy", or he has blasphamed, or he is working against the state etc. There is a new one in the USA now, it is called hate. Christian views on homosexuality and abortion is considered intolerance/hate. There is a scandal on the CEO of chick - fil -A recently. We Christians see it as persecution for his faith but the American government and some people see it differently.

Christian persecutors seldomly say we kill you becuase you belive this but for causing public outrage, bringing a disgrace to the public, causing insurrection, defying God or humanity, etc.

I just don't get what is making you agitated for an historically proven fact. Read wide and you would understand these things better

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakL0Je5XCw

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ Bro. Ola,

Please, how do I get the access code to Henry Morris Study Bible? I "think" I heard you talked about it on one thread, am not sure which one about the one you got that came with an Internet access bundle or something like that. Mine just arrived but I can't find anything of such online access code therein....or maybe I mistaken your words anyway. Kindly put me through if any positive suggestions. Thanks

@ Olaadegbu, I need your response to the above please. Perhaps, you missed my post. Thanks
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goshen360:

@ Olaadegbu, I need your response to the above please. Perhaps, you missed my post. Thanks

Hi brother Goshen, thanks for reposting your enquiry. Are talking about the Online Bible DVD that came with the order? If that's the case I believe all you need to do is to insert the DVD into your PC drive and then follow the instructions or run Setup.exe from the DVD. 'Am aware that some modules requires some royalty fee but I don't know yet whether it comes with an internet access bundle. When I access mine I will let you know.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Hi brother Goshen, thanks for reposting your enquiry. Are talking about the Online Bible DVD that came with the order? If that's the case I believe all you need to do is to insert the DVD into your PC drive and then follow the instructions or run Setup.exe from the DVD. 'Am aware that some modules requires some royalty fee but I don't know yet whether it comes with an internet access bundle. When I access mine I will let you know.

Yes, that's what am talking about - The DVD that allows Internet access. Unfortunately, mine was sealed in the packaging but it doesn't come with any DVD or anything else. It was ordered for me by a friend from christianbook.com. I don't know it didn't come with anything. Anyway, I will take it like that. Thanks
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goshen360:

Yes, that's what am talking about - The DVD that allows Internet access. Unfortunately, mine was sealed in the packaging but it doesn't come with any DVD or anything else. It was ordered for me by a friend from christianbook.com. I don't know it didn't come with anything. Anyway, I will take it like that. Thanks

I see. Your friend must have ordered for the study bible alone instead of the combos which is a little bit dearer. All the same enjoy the Bible as that is the main thing.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

While it may be true that some do idolise Pastor Kumuyi but don't say what you don't know. He is doing his best to discourage us from doing idolising him. I once witnessed him telling off the congregation who were missed him after being away abroad for some missionary trips. He told us off by saying that something to the effect that: 'Am I God'? He made us realise that whether he is around or not we should come to church to worship God and not man.

If you have personal problems with the church I'll advise you to sort it out instead amicably instead of this campaign of calumny.

so that means he does not collect tith?

That is no exploitation?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Having attended 'deeper life' for a few years, are you saying that you didn't learn any of the doctrines of the Bible or you did but just didn't believe in them?

like which? What is new?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Well Olaa ...
A man can not be wrong all the time ...
If you live at the expense of the tithe (which as noted is indeed immoral iun)
At least he should seduce fools into paying ...

you mean he is a cheat?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I meant what I said with the statement 'doctrines of the Bible'. The doctrines of the church is also the doctrines of the Bible. Below is an abridged form of the Bible doctrines we believe. How many of them do you object to?

http://dclm.org/AboutUs/WhatWeBelieve/DoctrinesShortForm/tabid/158/Default.aspx

1. Tith
2. Hell fire
3. Rapture (not a bible word)
4. Later
^^^^
false teaching.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

And who are you to tell us whether tithes are biblical or not? Do you even believe God exists talkless of believing in the infallibility of the Word of God?

The fact that atheists, satanists, false teachers and backslidders all agree that the practise of tithing is unbiblical doesn't mean that you are right because one with God is more than a majority.

sorry, he is right, and i can proof it 110%

tith is fraud.

Hypocrite, is tith for christians?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2012
truthislight:

sorry, he is right, and i can proof it 110%

tith is fraud.

Hypocrite, is tith for christians?

Before you alight from your high throne, can you point out where tithes is even mentioned as one of the bible doctrines we believe in the link I suggested?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Before you alight from your high throne, can you point out where tithes is even mentioned as one of the bible doctrines we believe in the link I suggested?

It is not mentioned as a church doctrine, but it is preached with maximum intensity in all deeper life congregations. One thing that gets to me though , is how our pastors keep saying anyone who does not pay their tithe is under a curse.This is false and very misleading.

On the other hand I know that they preach this false doctrine out of ignorance. However ignorance has placed many a believer in unnecessary bondage.

Let us stop boasting about a church , let us boast in Christ Jesus only , no physical church is perfect.

"but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 9:24

1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 22, 2012
truthislight:

1. Tith
2. Hell fire
3. Rapture (not a bible word)
4. Later
^^^^
false teaching.

1.Hell fire is real but only regarding the lake of fire and destruction and punishment of sinners.

2. The rapture is also false and was propagated by John Darby and a questionable character called Schofield. Their latest prophet is Hal Lindsey who has written a best seller series called the left behind along with countless others books. He has earned millions of dollars from his books while falsely predicting events that never came to pass.

Jesus is not coming secretly, he is coming openly and all shall see him.

3. The Tithe is false and absolutely so.

Have you noticed that when you disagree with certain churches they start to label you as a heretic, backslider etc. This is precisely why Calvin killed his best friend who disagreed with him on the subject of the Trinity.

In my opinion, the fundamentals of the gospel are salvation, holiness, love, kindness, preaching the gospel and making disciples of nations. All other additions are just making a simple Gospel too complex.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14am On Aug 22, 2012
frosbel:

It is not mentioned as a church doctrine, but it is preached with maximum intensity in all deeper life congregations. One thing that gets to me though , is how our pastors keep saying anyone who does not pay their tithe is under a curse.This is false and very misleading.

On the other hand I know that they preach this false doctrine out of ignorance. However ignorance has placed many a believer in unnecessary bondage.

Let us stop boasting about a church , let us boast in Christ Jesus only , no physical church is perfect.

"but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 9:24

1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

It is you turning this discussion into a church matter? I started by stating what bible doctrines we believe but you insisted that I meant church doctrines and you go on a campaign to disparage the church even accusing me of boasting of my church. That tithes and offerings is not a bible doctrine doesn't prevent it from being practised in church today. It is a spiritual principle.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39am On Aug 22, 2012
frosbel:

1.Hell fire is real but only regarding the lake of fire and destruction and punishment of sinners.

2. The rapture is also false and was propagated by John Darby and a questionable character called Schofield. Their latest prophet is Hal Lindsey who has written a best seller series called the left behind along with countless others books. He has earned millions of dollars from his books while falsely predicting events that never came to pass.

Have you noticed that when you disagree with certain churches they start to label you as a heretic, backslider etc. This is precisely why Calvin killed his best friend who disagreed with him on the subject of the Trinity.

In my opinion, the fundamentals of the gospel are salvation, holiness, love, kindness, preaching the gospel and making disciples of nations. All other additions are just making a simple Gospel too complex.

The fact that you don't believe in the practice of tithes, trinity, immortality of the soul, hellfire, the rapture of the saints doesn't necessarily make you a true student of the Bible, could you be wrong?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2012
frosbel:

you have spoken well, but God will not burn any human in literal fire.

Fire is use in the bible to differentiate between normal death that those of such will all come out through resurrection.

And the death that there will be no hope of resurrection or that God will not bring back to life. So, fire marks the difference.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that you don't believe in the practice of tithes, trinity, immortality of the soul, hellfire, the rapture of the saints doesn't necessarily make you a true student of the Bible, could you be wrong?

all those teachings are not bible base.

It is only teachings that are base on God's word the bible that can be called truth.

It is only the truth that can earn one eternal life in God's kingdom.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2012
truthislight:

all those teachings are not bible base.

It is only teachings that are base on God's word the bible that can be called truth.

It is only the truth that can earn one eternal life in God's kingdom.

Your Society is categorised as a Cult for a reason.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Your Society is categorised as a Cult for a reason.

you have become God to have the final say.

You and your friends keep posting lies on a thread and think it is good to deceive people.

The bible that says that one should know the truth of what the bible says to have eternal life.

but you and your deeper life teach lies from the bible and this can cost people their life.

What i have only done here is point out the false hood/threat/exploitation that you and your deeper life are spreading and you call me a culttist.

do culttist teach the bible?

I see JW go around to teach people what the bible say, meet them they will be very willing to proof/show you what they teach from the bible.

Look at what you just did right now calling me a culttist for expressing my freedom on an issue. On a bible matter.

That is how you heap lies Against The JW for their saying the truth.

Jesus said that
"a lamp cannot be lit and put under the measuring basket but will be put on top of the table for all to see," likewise he added "let you light shine befor all men so that they will see your good works and give praise to your father who is in heaven"

I see the JW going round every day to let their light to shine befor all men,

is it because of that that you and your deeper life hate them?

Is TV and internet no longer a sin?

Look who is talking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Sles: 5:51am On Feb 24, 2013
Omo Alata:

I think the G.O. of Mountain of fire is the same unless una know differently? wink
Just get closer to the altar and u need to see scandals at the highest level....................... or move close to decampee pastor(s) in the folds.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Vickhov(m): 2:04am On Mar 25, 2013
truthislight:

you have become God to have the final say.

You and your friends keep posting lies on a thread and think it is good to deceive people.

The bible that says that one should know the truth of what the bible says to have eternal life.

but you and your deeper life teach lies from the bible and this can cost people their life.

What i have only done here is point out the false hood/threat/exploitation that you and your deeper life are spreading and you call me a culttist.

do culttist teach the bible?

I see JW go around to teach people what the bible say, meet them they will be very willing to proof/show you what they teach from the bible.

Look at what you just did right now calling me a culttist for expressing my freedom on an issue. On a bible matter.

That is how you heap lies Against The JW for their saying the truth.

Jesus said that
"a lamp cannot be lit and put under the measuring basket but will be put on top of the table for all to see," likewise he added "let you light shine befor all men so that they will see your good works and give praise to your father who is in heaven"

I see the JW going round every day to let their light to shine befor all men,

is it because of that that you and your deeper life hate them?

Is TV and internet no longer a sin?

Look who is talking.

I guess u've an axe to grind with Deeper life.Even d tithe u're busy castigating deeper life about,dey aint so obsessed about tithe collection.If dere is any need dat arise in d church,dey inform their members about it and out of their freewill volition dey can provide for it.I'm 100% sure dat dere's no deeper life church dat will lay curse on its member because of tithes or offerings.There are couple of churches out there dat collects freewill offering,sowing of seed,tithes etc in a service but deeper life churches dont but yet you chose to pick on dem.If there's any tin to castigate deeperlife about,it shud b abt d preaching of holiness which am very sure is lacking in ur life.From d look of tins u sound like an atheist because even d muslims blive there is hell fire so i dont understnd where u got ur false doctrine and apostasy from..I pray God changes ur heart before its too late

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Vickhov(m): 2:17am On Mar 25, 2013
Sles:
Just get closer to the altar and u need to see scandals at the highest level....................... or move close to decampee pastor(s) in the folds.

Good....Continue judging them.your life must be extremely better than theirs.you come here and write abt d scandals of pastors at their highest level.Did you know what is called self-discipline?y must you continue to suffer as a busy body in other peoples matter?Have you ever come to dis forum to write on d sins u've committed?y be so hypocritical or ar u so saintly?you've noticed their scandalous behaviour so y cant u leave dem for God to judge dem?I guess u're a better judge than God.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by truthislight: 10:37am On Mar 25, 2013
Vickhov:

I guess u've an axe to grind with Deeper life.Even d tithe u're busy castigating deeper life about,dey aint so obsessed about tithe collection.If dere is any need dat arise in d church,dey inform their members about it and out of their freewill volition dey can provide for it.I'm 100% sure dat dere's no deeper life church dat will lay curse on its member because of tithes or offerings.There are couple of churches out there dat collects freewill offering,sowing of seed,tithes etc in a service but deeper life churches dont but yet you chose to pick on dem.If there's any tin to castigate deeperlife about,it shud b abt d preaching of holiness which am very sure is lacking in ur life.From d look of tins u sound like an atheist because even d muslims blive there is hell fire so i dont understnd where u got ur false doctrine and apostasy from..I pray God changes ur heart before its too late

You and muslim teach "the truth" about hell fire!

cool
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Really!?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by kbdrim(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
GBILE AKANNI is also an honest Overseer. He does not take regular announced Offerings yet he hosts hundreds of thousands once every year feeding and accommodating them every december. He believes if you are led to give, you will come and give quietly.

4 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Emyogalanya: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
No its me now am more honest
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by madjune(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
This is very true.Truth never struggles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri / "Put God First In All You Do & You Shall Trample Upon Money Like This" - Man / Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.