Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. (2384 Views)

My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Brake Light Indication On My Dashboard. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Kingsyze: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2012
This picture is d sign I have been seein gon d dashboard a honda baby boy 2001 model that I just bought. I checked d manual of d same car from my colleague and this is what was said about the indication- "Malfunction Indicator lamp, this indicator lamp comes on a few seconds when you turn the ignition switch on. If it comes on at any other time, it indicates one of the engines's emissions control system may have aproblem, even though you may feel no difference in your car's performance, it can reduce your fuel economy and cause your car to put out excessive emissions. Continued operation may cause serious damage". The car is conuming fuel as if it's a V6 while it is a V4 and I am disturbed d engine though performing optimally now may pack up later.
Please kindly send in your avdice on what I should do and how to rectify this problem so that d fuel consumption can reduce. Thanks people for your inputs. sad cry

Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by yungboss(m): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2012
'get it scanned' that's what i would do
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Kingsyze: 9:33am On Aug 18, 2012
tanx young boss, one more thing, do u knw wot it may tk to scan it?
yungboss: 'get it scanned' that's what i would do
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Lexusgs430: 5:56am On Aug 19, 2012
It could be a simple oxygen sensor fault. A scan would reveal the true culprit. Might be best to own an OBD 11 scanner, so you can also diagnose future problems.
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Kingsyze: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2012
Lexusgs430: It could be a simple oxygen sensor fault. A scan would reveal the true culprit. Might be best to own an OBD 11 scanner, so you can also diagnose future problems.
Tanx man, please what is d meaning of OBD,how much is the OBD scanner and where can I get one?
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Lexusgs430: 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
Kingsyze: Tanx man, please what is d meaning of OBD,how much is the OBD scanner and where can I get one?

OBD - On Board Diagnostics
Your car has a port, which the scanner connects to and read engine management faults. Cost varies from basic to professional devices (N20,000 - ??)
You only need the basic OBD 11 scanner to read and erase codes.
(if you know someone abroad, it could be bought for a fraction of the 9ja market selling price )
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by Kingsyze: 7:50am On Aug 22, 2012
Thanks guys, Solved the indication problem yesterday. I fixed the dangling O2 sensor cable but d light did not go off, I had to remove the battery head and put it back and the indicator light went off till this morning it has not shown again. I have tried to remove my battery head before when i have not connected the O2 sensor and the light did not go off. this is a major breakthrough for me though i am still watching the rate of fuel consumption to see if there is a difference on the positive side. grin cheesy kiss
Re: An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. by autodoctor: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ever wondered what all the warning lights displayed on your car dashboard means (I.e Check Engine, Service Engine Soon, Maintenance required etc). Have you been experiencing a high consumption of petrol by your car? Has your car's performance been on the decline? Have you had all sorts of trial and error technicians compounding your car problems rather that providing lasting solutions? Are you fed up?
DON'T BE.

Just click on the link below for free technical advice and free diagnosis and engine scan. This offer is free to all Nairalanders and only for cars in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/1002588/free-powertrain-scan-cars-abuja#11596927

(1) (Reply)

I Need Sienna For Hire Purchase/weekly Remittances For Transportation / Clean Toyota Sienna 2007 / Honda Odyssey Space Bus Any Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.