Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires (3043 Views)

Start A Haulage Business With Renault Trucks And Make Good Money. / Marketing A Haulage Business / How Can I Start A Haulage Service Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by okine4real: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
i want to buy a MACK tipper. i want to go into haulage business. but this is mine fear. am a fresher so i want to know which is more lucrative.

should i buy a mack tipper with 10 tires that carries sand, granite, Stones, laterite etc

or i should used the same amount of money to buy a tanker for carring fuel or truck for carrying load.

also i need information on other requirement for starting the haulage business eg

Good In transit Insurance
Tax
Also any other information i need to know

Please i need a good advice.
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by peterod1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
haulage biz is 1 of lucrative biz we ve around now.to yr question,mack product is one of most reliable & roged truck frm my experience.tipper wil make u gud money during dry season bt less wen quarry is wet(rainy period).on using it as tanker yr trip wil nt be regular bt yr truck wil keep neat.to carry good i.e open flat bed/cover body, yr truck wil stil make gud return either rainy or dry season.there stil more to explain to u or anybody who wnt to invest in haulage biz.
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by lugado: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
Search fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я uwish on forum. He's ur answer
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by Businesstools(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Haulage business is lucrative but just like every other business,is susceptible to risks.An effective business plan can help reduce risks and increase your chance of success.We are experts in business plan writing and can help you develop a professional business plan to guide you in managing your business successfully.We can be reached on 07030949450.
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by tobiloba82: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
Let me explain some bitter truth. Haulage business is sweet but challenging. have you understudy someone. is it your passion.
thank God u made mention the best truck for haulage in naija.
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by stpat1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
As someone who manages trucks, I can confidently tell you that Haulage biz is a very lucrative biz if you have the time to dedicate to it. If not then you must hand it over to a good manager who has time on his hands to monitor the trucks activities. Management is what will Make or Break you in Haulage biz.

1 Like

Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by okine4real: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
i have just gone to inspect the Mack truck. the following are the spec.

Mack. R600 series. 1984 is the year the trucks was made.
1. it has to be serviced. changing of oil and filters. at least 5 filters
2. changing of tipping cable
3. changing of at least 8 tires
4. changing of power steering host
5. tire size 11/24
6. 12 valves

Auto opening of bucket
25 tonnes bucket
10 gear

R 600 1985 is the year of the Mack truck
1. tire size 11/22.5
2. Double gear
3. 20 tonnes bucket
4. changing of tires at least eight or ten tires
5. changing of seal from one of the tires
6. general servicing eg changing of oil and at least five filters
7. painting of truck
8. 12 valves

manual opening of bucket

pls i need someone to tell me the cost implication if am to put all the above mention problems in order. Also from your experience which of the models do you think i should go for?

Also i would like someone on this forum to please give me in details on if i should get a truck with box body for carrying goods or i should get a trailer for carrying goods like cement another soft of goods. i await all your positive response

Regards
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by okine4real: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
Also can someone please tell me the diff between the following

freight forwarding
flatbed trailer

1 Like

Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by stpat1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
okine4real: i have just gone to inspect the Mack truck. the following are the spec.

5. tire size 11/24
6. 12 valves

Auto opening of bucket
25 tonnes bucket
10 gear

1. tire size 11/22.5
2. Double gear
3. 20 tonnes bucket
7. painting of truck
8. 12 valves

manual opening of bucket

pls i need someone to tell me the cost implication if am to put all the above mention problems in order. Also from your experience which of the models do you think i should go for?

Also i would like someone on this forum to please give me in details on if i should get a truck with box body for carrying goods or i should get a trailer for carrying goods like cement another soft of goods. i await all your positive response

Regards

You did not include the prices, If they are naija used or tokunbos, so how can we advice if they are good buys or not?
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by childrensisland: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
hello,i have a mack trunk for sale,if you are interested call on 08125168905,R MODEL,1984
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by tobiloba82: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
send the pixes and the include the price in my box. also include location of truck. naija used or tokuno direct.
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by okine4real: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
5. tire size 11/24
6. 12 valves

Auto opening of bucket
25 tonnes bucket
10 gear
Price 4M

1. tire size 11/22.5
2. Double gear
3. 20 tonnes bucket
7. painting of truck
8. 12 valves

manual opening of bucket
3.8M

So my question is, with the repairs i have stated in my previous post, and also considering the cost of maintains, what price do you think the Mack tipper should be sold to me. i mean a reasonable price am suppose to pay for the tipper?
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by kevin0021(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2012
@okine4real,i guess the informations are highly quality
base on it just left ma insurance firm 4 the haulage
work with a friend of mine establishing it large,but
what i would need from you is for insuring all your
things in your business if you commence.
here is ma email kevinfreestyle20006@gmail.co
Kevin.
pls beware of fraudulent vipers.........
Re: How To Begin A Haulage Business Is Mack Truck Of 10 Tires by okine4real: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2012
kevin 002: @okine4real,i guess the informations are highly quality
base on it just left ma insurance firm 4 the haulage
work with a friend of mine establishing it large,but
what i would need from you is for insuring all your
things in your business if you commence.
here is ma email kevinfreestyle20006@gmail.co
Kevin.
pls beware of fraudulent vipers.........

I dont understand the meaning of your statement.

(1) (Reply)

21 Secrets Of Becoming Wealthy / Low Budget Interior Design In Lagos / How Can I Obtain A Loan Of Two Hundred Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.