Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! (1160 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by nedostic: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2012
According to the books of John 3:16; For God so loved the world, that He gave us His ONLY begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life(KJV).

The idea of eternal hellfire has been misquoted by most Christians,I used to believe in this as well not until I got liberated from this falsehood that is presently peddled in most of our churches.

The word hell has been proven to be a mis(translation) from the Greek word 'Gehena'.

This same word(Gehena) means grave,sheol,hades,etc. Just like everlasting coined from another Greek word 'aion' does not mean in the true sense that its an unending event.

The Everlasting Father does not take glory in men burning perpetually in 'eternal fire' but rewards men accordingly based on their deeds and beliefs on earth.

May the spirit of the most High God teach us more as we decipher the truth from seemingly traditional beliefs.

The good Lord Jesus Christ loves us all! Our God is definitely LOVING and JUST!

You can watch this video at your convenience:http://www.helltruth.com/free-resources/free-video-library/articletype/articleview/articleid/1582/hellfire-conspiracy-exposed.aspx
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by CrazyMan(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
Let me guess you're a Jehova witness right?

My dear don't let anyone decieve you.

In Revelation chapter 20 from verse 11 to 15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Believe it or not, there is a hell fire. And God doesn't want you to go there that's why he sent his son to die for you. But the devil who is already condemed is fighting day and night to see that you join him in hell.

In John 10 verse 10 Christ clearly stated he's (the devil) mission on earth.  

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The same way Christ has come to give you life, is the same way the devil has come to ruin you. So you must be strong and fight that evil thought of your mind. Cos the devil is like a roaring lion seeking whom to devour. Do not let him devour you.

Hell is real so therefore repent and be saved.
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
CrazyMan: Let me guess you're a Jehova witness right?

My dear don't let anyone decieve you.

In Revelation chapter 20 from verse 11 to 15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Believe it or not, there is a hell fire. And God doesn't want you to go there that's why he sent his son to die for you. But the devil who is already condemed is fighting day and night to see that you join him in hell.

In John 10 verse 10 Christ clearly stated he's (the devil) mission on earth.  

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The same way Christ has come to give you life, is the same way the devil has come to ruin you. So you must be strong and fight that evil thought of your mind. Cos the devil is like a roaring lion seeking whom to devour. Do not let him devour you.

Hell is real so therefore repent and be saved.

I am not a Jehovah witness.

Can you point to me one verse in the bible that mentions the wages of SIN as eternal torment.

This could turn out to be an interesting discussion.
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by CrazyMan(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
frosbel:
I am not a Jehovah witness.

Can you point to me one verse in the bible that mentions the wages of SIN as eternal torment.

This could turn out to be an interesting discussion.
first i would explain the meaning of sin to you. Sin simply means Satan's Identification Number.

Now according to Romans 6:23,  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And, Revelation 20 verse 14-15 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now from the two passages, the wages of sin is death, and death would be casted into the lake of fire.

I believe you're an educated person so I want you to take a good look at the two passages carefully and tell me the if the result of sin isn't enternal torment.
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
CrazyMan:
first i would explain the meaning of sin to you. Sin simply means Satan's Identification Number.

Now according to Romans 6:23,  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And, Revelation 20 verse 14-15 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now from the two passages, the wages of sin is death, and death would be casted into the lake of fire.

I believe you're an educated person so I want you to take a good look at the two passages carefully and tell me the if the result of sin isn't enternal torment.

Hell is the Lake of Fire, the rest is either Hades ( New Testament ) or Sheol ( Old testament ) , no one is cast into any hell when they die today , they simply die and await the resurrection either to eternal life or damnation.

Coming back to your point about Hell.

Jesus Christ did not die to save us from eternal torment, he died to save us from :

1. Sin
2. Death

The wages of SIN is death not eternal torment.

The second death means exactly that , second death or an eternal death or an eternal punishment which is irreversible.

In the verse below , it is clear that the soul and body will be destroyed in the lake of fire on the last day , but only after the great white throne judgement not before.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28

The words use to describe the fate of the wicked are almost always :

1. Death
2. Destruction
3. Perish

The words are self explanatory , though some traditionalists among us try to re-define their simplicity.

The Catholics had a lot of involvement in the redefining of Hell into eternal torment to use fear as a tool to retain their members.
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by CrazyMan(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2012
frosbel:

Hell is the Lake of Fire, the rest is either Hades ( New Testament ) or Sheol ( Old testament ) , no one is cast into any hell when they die today , they simply die and await the resurrection either to eternal life or damnation.

Coming back to your point about Hell.

Jesus Christ did not die to save us from eternal torment, he died to save us from :

1. Sin
2. Death

The wages of SIN is death not eternal torment.

The second death means exactly that , second death or an eternal death or an eternal punishment which is irreversible.

In the verse below , it is clear that the soul and body will be destroyed in the lake of fire on the last day , but only after the great white throne judgement not before.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28

The words use to describe the fate of the wicked are almost always :

1. Death
2. Destruction
3. Perish

The words are self explanatory , though some traditionalists among us try to re-define their simplicity.

The Catholics had a lot of involvement in the redefining of Hell into eternal torment to use fear as a tool to retain their members.
Its makes much sense now

Thanks for the enlightment.
Re: We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! by nedostic: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
@CrazyMan

I am a Jehovah Witness if it means standing up for the truth but I am not affiliated to the Watch Tower Organisation.

More so, I am a truth seeker. I am not the type that would try to sell my church.

FYI, I attend RCCG as at date but I am still exploring the truth be it from Jehovah Witness,Seven Days Adventist,Deeper Life,Anglican,Baptist,etc. As much as the truth is served there I do take the truth.

There is only one church- the Body of Christ.This is the only church I want to identify myself with.

I detest man-made dogmas in Christianity.The basis of doctrines should originate from the bible and not based on traditions of men.

@ Frosbel,

I must personally commend you. I see that you are well-groomed in most bible studies.

I hope to learn from you and others as well.

Back to the post,this issue of hell fire being eternal is NOT scriptural.

We need not scare people with everlasting hell fire sermon! The second death represents full separation from the Almighty God.

Our God is a loving God and fully interested in (wo)men coming in to repentance having paid the ultimate price in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Hence, the reward of eternal life for the wise and 'eternal' destruction(full separation from the Almighty God) for those who would not accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour.

It pays to put all bible quotations into context rather than quoting a verse to suit one's ego.

I have equally discovered that translation of the bible in a way has equally had its effect on most of our divergent beliefs.

I believe there is a need to study the bible as well with concordance to help out,and ultimately praying to God to guide our hearts in knowing and doing the truth.

If there is one tool, that has aided me in trying to dig in deep to most teachings ,its the efficacy of google search engine.
Frankly speaking, I am a lazy student of the bible.I try to compensate by asking questions,reading and culling 'relevant' info online.

I believe as a Christian, we must painstakingly ask relevant questions from relevant bible sources and knowledgeable children of God(your 'pastor(s)',Frosbel, Goshen360,Buzugee, Olaadegbu,Ijawkid,Anony,Ihedinobi,Barrister,et al.).

We do not know it all but we can always learn from one another in as much as we seek the truth with a pure motive.

Permit me, if I did not make mention of other wonderful guys and ladies on this religion forum;even some of the contributions of the atheists,pantheists or agnostics in this forum have been quite invaluable.

May the loving Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ guide us right and give us grace of understanding the WORD as babes.

Above all,count us worthy of HIS unending kingdom to come!

(1) (Reply)

Flight 777: A Parable / 40-year-old Daughter In Psychiatric Hospital For Attending Strange Church / Prophet Obadare Dies At 85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.