Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

‘akwa Ibom Open To Negotiating With Cross River On 76 Oil Wells’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘akwa Ibom Open To Negotiating With Cross River On 76 Oil Wells’ (542 Views)

Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi / Government Returns Oil Wells To Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘akwa Ibom Open To Negotiating With Cross River On 76 Oil Wells’ by asha80(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2012
‘Akwa Ibom open to negotiating with Cross River on 76 oil wells’
On August 18, 2012 · In News
9:52 pm

Governor Godswill Akpabio says Akwa Ibom State is not averse to entering into a dialogue with Cross River State on the issue of the 76 oil wells which ownership by Akwa Ibom State was affirmed by the Supreme Court in a recent judgment.

Akpabio, speaking during the monthly prayer meeting held at John’s Chaplaincy, Governor’s Lodge, Uyo, said, ‘’Akwa Ibom is extending a further hand of fellowship that, despite the Supreme Court judgment, it is still ready to enter into dialogue with Cross River State on the issue of the 76 oil wells’’.

He deplored reports misquoting him during the legal tussle on the disputed oil wells earlier controlled by Cross River State, and said he would gladly enter into such dialogue with Cross River State in the interest of brotherhood, peace and ancestral bonds.

The governor said he would not be distracted to break the box of democracy, promising to do his best with available resources and leave the rest for his successor to continue from where he will stop.

‘’I won’t be angry like the Biblical Moses who broke the tablet of God’s commandments on return from Mount Sinai to see the idolatrous worshipping of a golden calf by the Israelites. While in office with so much work done, I am still being criticized. I see the criticisms as good for my administration’’, Akpabio noted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/akwa-ibom-open-to-negotiating-with-cross-river-on-76-oil-wells/
Re: ‘akwa Ibom Open To Negotiating With Cross River On 76 Oil Wells’ by asha80(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2012
cross river govt need to drop their ego and go into negotiation so to get needed funds to develop their state otherwise they would be broke as hell

(1) (Reply)

AU Chairman Commend GEJ's Efforts In Curbing Terrorism / Tinubu Named Lautech Chancellor / Who Would You Vote For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.