Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! (2831 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! by 9lifes(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2012
I hardly see couples that talk about different things for hours.Intellectual compatibility among couple is something i find difficult to trace.

You see one interest in politics,economics and others,and the other can watch Nollywood movies all day.One interested in football,the other thinks being passionate about football(the drinking,argument and shouting)does not make sense,and football fans act like kids.

And the most obvious is where one partner is more educated than the other.

How do you deal with intellectual incompatibility in marriage and remain happy?How important is intellectual compatibility?
Re: How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! by JallowBah(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2012
My husband is a real bush-fulani, he lived with the cattle in the bush his first 18 years, before moving to a village, still in the bush. He only went to school for a few years when he was about 7, and has worked since he was about 8. He moved to EU at 25,, no school then either, just work.
I went to school for 12 years, and worked since I was about 14. Fulltime from I was about 17 years of age, grew up in EU, in the northern part of Norway.

I do feel that us growing up SO differently makes it extra interesting for us. We always have discussion about things, but not fotball..hehe....he loves, I really dont have interest in it.
We are smart in different ways. He knows things I dont know, I know things he dont know. He knows how to hunt with a spear, and how to survive in the bush for weeks on weeks, and I know scientific things, as to why there is thunder and lightningwink I have learned so much from him, and he has learned from me. I love that.

He dont have the same school-IQ as me, but he sure as h-ell is a damn smart man. I have never met a man I respect as much as him, and the fact that we have experienced so different lives, is just a plus in our book. Not something everyone would agree on, though..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! by 234GT(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
I cant handle intellectual incompartibility. I want someone who can reason at my level.

(1) (Reply)

Man Guns Down Pregnant Burglar After She Told Him 'i'm Going To Have A Baby' / How Much Sex Should You Be Having? / How Far Is Too Much In Being Romantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.