Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison (1415 Views)

I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Prison - Buhari / Riot In Kirikiri Medium Prison / Clifford Orji Alleged Cannibal Dies In Kirikiri Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Starlett: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Clifford Orji dies in Kirikiri Prison

AUGUST 19, 2012 BY ENIOLA AKINKUOTU 88 COMMENTS
Alleged cannibal and 12 years inmate of Kirikiri Maximum Prison, Clifford Orji, has died of unknown causes.

Prison authorities said Orji died Friday morning and the cause of death is unknown; but an autopsy is being performed.

The PUNCH had reported on April 13, 2012, that Orji’s health was deteriorating due to the refusal of psychiatric hospitals to take him in.

The Deputy Comptroller of the prison, Mr. Noel Ailewon, had said Orji was in a bad state and had gone completely mad.

“Orji’s health is getting worse. He has gone completely mad, vomiting and even defecating without restraint and is naked most of the time” he said

The Director of Office of the Public Defender, Mrs. Omotola Rotimi, had said during a visit to evaluate the number of Awaiting Trial Persons that following a court order, Orji was taken to two Psychiatric hospitals for treatment but had been rejected.

“Initially, we took Orji to Yaba Psychiatric Hospital but was rejected because they claimed they did not have long-term medical facilities. Subsequently, he was taken to another hospital in Ewekoro but was similarly rejected” she said.

It was learnt that due to this challenge, Orji, who was 46-years-old, could not stand trial in court.

The Attorney-General of the state, Mr. Ade Ipaye, had said Orji’s case was stalled due to the impediments, adding that unless Orji received proper medical attention, he would not stand trial.

“Orji is mentally disturbed and no hospital is accepting him. Unfortunately, one cannot be tried mentally stable, so, he’s stuck in the middle. All we can do now is find help for him” he said.

Orji was arrested in February 1999 by the police under the bridge along the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway. He was subsequently charged before an Ebute-Meta Magistrate’s Court on 19 February but was never tried.

The acting Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Prison command, Mr. Biyi Jeje, confirmed Orji’s death to our correspondent on the telephone.

“As at Thursday, Orji was fine but on Friday morning, he died in his sleep. The cause of his death is still unknown but an autopsy is being performed,” he said.

Jeje confirmed that Orji was rejected by many mental health facilities in the country and maintained that the prisons authorities did all it could to manage his illness.

“We took Orji to many health facilities but he was rejected time and time again. I don’t know why they rejected him but we did all we could to manage his illness”, he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/clifford-orji-dies-in-kirikiri-prison/

Some of us still recall this story when it first broke...
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Fiawest(m): 6:58am On Aug 19, 2012
Good radiance to bad rubbish.....wot I dnt like abt d story is being rejected by a mental home,one begins to wonder y d Hospital had rejected him!!!!!!maybe they were thinking of safety of their Corpes in d Cooler.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by RichDad1(m): 7:13am On Aug 19, 2012
Cremate the B@stard and Blow away the ashes. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Omo ibo...hope his age grade group in Lagos would contribute money for his evacuation back home.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by martyns303(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2012
A serial killer who was to be executed the following day was diagnosed with a brain illment that requires surgery. Thing is he could not be executed while sick, so he was taken to the hopital, had his treatment, recovered fully, then was executed. My point is, despit his crime, he's got rights. In 9ja the man wasted yrs in jail without trial. Then died cos no hospital would admit him.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by wesley80(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2012
martyns303: A serial killer who was to be executed the following day was diagnosed with a brain illment that requires surgery. Thing is he could not be executed while sick, so he was taken to the hopital, had his treatment, recovered fully, then was executed. My point is, despit his crime, he's got rights. In 9ja the man wasted yrs in jail without trial. Then died cos no hospital would admit him.
Have you applied to have your own surgery? Rights ko, lefts ni.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 19, 2012
And his chapter is now closed.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2012
I thought he was long dead? He is better off being dead than alive guess he has lots of barbecued flesh to eat when he gets to hell! undecided
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Simeontaiwo: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2012
@ kaseim,
cn u nw see ur brotherhood
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Aizebioje(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2012
martyns303: A serial killer who was to be executed the following day was diagnosed with a brain illment that requires surgery. Thing is he could not be executed while sick, so he was taken to the hopital, had his treatment, recovered fully, then was executed. My point is, despit his crime, he's got rights. In 9ja the man wasted yrs in jail without trial. Then died cos no hospital would admit him.
RIGHTS?YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!A CONVICTED CRIMINAL HAS NO RIGHTS...He should've probably eaten up ur entire family then we can talk bou his rights,duties nd obligations...mtchew!Guess U r just as retarted as He Was
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by martyns303(m): 9:24am On Aug 19, 2012
wesley80:
Have you applied to have your own surgery? Rights ko, lefts ni.
dude grow up.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 19, 2012
He should be taken to biafraland where he would be given state burial and immortalized just like oju-iku.He was indeed a great hero of the east like Osisikanku.

Btw,when is reverend king going to commit suicide too ? Proudly biafran !
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by martyns303(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2012
Aizebioje:
RIGHTS?YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!A CONVICTED CRIMINAL HAS NO RIGHTS...He should've probably eaten up ur entire family then we can talk bou his rights,duties nd obligations...mtchew!Guess U r just as retarted as He Was
was he "convicted" or awaiting trail? he should burn in the hottest part of hell for his crime for all i care, but the system has got to do things the right way thats what am saying. and i hate it when you guys make statements without assesments and starts being all abusive even to ones family, you dont prove a point that way. learn to do it right.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2012
martyns303:
was he "convicted" or awaiting trail? he should burn in the hottest part of hell for his crime for all i care, but the system has got to do things the right way thats what am saying. and i hate it when you guys make statements without assesments and starts being all abusive even to ones family, you dont prove a point that way. learn to do it right.

That guy ought to be shot the day he was picked.Who cares about a useless law that would probably have discharged him the ibori style ? Nonsense
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by martyns303(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That guy ought to be shot the day he was picked.Who cares about a useless law that would probably have discharged him the ibori style ? Nonsense
read the story some years ago, couldnt even finish reading the paper, the man is one twisted dark psycho. and there was no flipping way he was going to get away with it.
Re: Clifford Orji Dies In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
Omo Ibos don run comot this thread...am sure most of them answers Orji. Cannibals.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Endorse Mimiko For Second Term,read What They Are Saying / Obi Shuts Onitsha Bridge-head ‘markets’ / Sokoto Prince Who Became Enugu Mayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.