Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? (19059 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2012
I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that. When thay get sick you see them all jittery and panicky as if they dont believe in the kain heaven.
Even muslims are better off, atleast they have suicide bombers and others but its hard to see a christian that will die for their faith.
I'm a christian but i dont understand. . .

6 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2012
First of all , Heaven is the throne of God, believers will dwell in the new heaven and new earth not Heaven.

Besidies who told you Christians, real ones, are afraid to die, I am not afraid to die grin

stop using stereotypes.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Walexz02(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2012
^^
What do u mean by real ones....?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2012
Walexz02: ^^
What do u mean by real ones....?
those who believe in his own interpretation of the Bible..

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto:
those who believe in his own interpretation of the Bible..

Yet again, another God obssessed atheist has to comment on an issue he does not know anything about grin

Anyway by real , I mean those who are Born again, end of story, nothing too complex.

Membership of a church does not count for a genuine conversion.

Don't expect me to prolong this debate with you though !

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by k2039: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Flashaldrin:
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that.
Because they probably aint sure if they are heading to heaven or hell.Simple truth is if am sure am on thesame page with God,I see no reason why I should be scared of death,infact I will be eager to die.

4 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2012
frosbel:

Yet again, another God obssessed atheist has to comment on an issue he does not know anything about grin

Anyway by real , I mean those who are Born again, end of story, nothing too complex.

Membership of a church does not count for a genuine conversion.

Don't expect me to prolong this debate with you though !
Heehee.. happy Sunday... And am not an atheist. Read the signature...

no debates, like you said..
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by mazaje(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2012
The fact that most christians will prefer to live here on earth than go to the imaginary heaven says they know its imaginary, imagine people praying to get well when they are sick instead of praying to die and go to heaven to enjoy the "goodies". . . .Instead of praying for each other to die and go to heaven they keep praying for longer lives here on earth. . .Delusion at its best. . .

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Simeontaiwo: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2012
Dis as 2 do wit ur definition of christian,cos a tru christian will nt b scared of heaven cos they kw they will sit at d right side of our God,bt most of us we allow our flesh 2 contro us so we are nt even sure if we are going 2 heaven or hell dats why 90% of us get scared of death

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:30am On Aug 19, 2012
k2039:
Because they probably aint sure if they are heading to heaven or hell.Simple truth is if am sure am on thesame page with God,I see know reason why I should be scared of death,infact I will be eager to die.
So youre not with god? Cool..
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2012
mazaje: The fact that most christians will prefer to live here on earth than go to the imaginary heaven says they know its imaginary, imagine people praying to get well when they are sick instead of praying to die and go to heaven to enjoy the "goodies". . . .Instead of praying for each other to die and go to heaven they keep praying for longer lives here on earth. . .Delusion at its best. . .
Father give me long life to live 120 and im like WTF? Why dont you just die and go to heaven
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2012
Simeontaiwo: Dis as 2 do wit ur definition of christian,cos a tru christian will nt b scared of heaven cos they kw they will sit at d right side of our God,bt most of us we allow our flesh 2 contro us so we are nt even sure if we are going 2 heaven or hell dats why 90% of us get scared of death
Scared of heaven or death? Which one?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2012
frosbel: First of all , Heaven is the throne of God, believers will dwell in the new heaven and new earth not Heaven.

Besidies who told you Christians, real ones, are afraid to die, I am not afraid to die grin

stop using stereotypes.
but you pray for long life. . .
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 19, 2012
mazaje: The fact that most christians will prefer to live here on earth than go to the imaginary heaven says they know its imaginary, imagine people praying to get well when they are sick instead of praying to die and go to heaven to enjoy the "goodies". . . .Instead of praying for each other to die and go to heaven they keep praying for longer lives here on earth. . .Delusion at its best. . .

How utterly silly your assessment.

Who wants to die now ? Have you heard of the phrase let it 'run it's course' , everyone has a life span on this earth , they have families, commitments, missions and agendas, death is a rude interruption to these , but should not be a worry for many a Christian.

Why would a mother want to die now considering that she has children who need her nurturing and guidance , or why will a father want to die when he is the bread winner of his family, can you imagine how foolish how silly your reasoning sounds.

Besides no one goes to heaven or hell when they die , they ( the dead ) are all awaiting the final day of judgement when their destinations will be determined.

There is a difference between wanting to live out your span here on earth and the fear of death.

18 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2012
thats nonsense.. who knows his/her lifespan?

Anyone can die at anytime..
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2012
Flashaldrin:
but you pray for long life. . .

Yes !

I have kids I train at school , wife who needs my support and extended family members to assist , but most importantly perishing souls to reach with the gospel.

Also , since the dead are indeed dead and nothing happens till judgement day , why would I or my Christian brethren not want to live out our life span and achieve the aforementioned.

I want to live to 100 if God permits, however when the time comes sobeit , I fear not one iota.

It is sinners that should be worried and fearful of death , seeing that they have no hope and will be damned without salvation in Christ Jesus.

5 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto: thats nonsense.. who knows his/her lifespan?

Anyone can die at anytime..

Yes.

But we live until that time, right ?

Or should we be worrying about dying tomorrow, lol grin . What illogical comments I read here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
frosbel:

Yes.

But we live until that time, right ?

Or should we be worrying about dying tomorrow, lol grin . What illogical comments I read here on Nairaland.
If we can die at anytime, you have no 'lifespan' in the sense of it.
Illogical? Lol, been going through ur profile, I see..
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by mazaje(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
frosbel:

Who wants to die now ? Have you heard of the phrase let it 'run it's course' , everyone has a life span on this earth , they have families, commitments, missions and agendas, death is a rude interruption to these , but should not be a worry for many a Christian.

Why would a mother want to die now considering that she has children who need her nurturing and guidance , or why will a father want to die when he is the bread winner of his family, can you imagine how foolish how silly your reasoning sounds.

Besides no one goes to heaven or hell when they die , they ( the dead ) are all awaiting the final day of judgement when their destinations will be determined.

There is a difference between wanting to live out your span here on earth and the fear of death.

The highlighted part caught my attention, that shows you that all the people's whose testimony you sometimes post hear about going to heaven and seeing people they know there are pure lies going by your own comments right?. . .

3 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by plaetton: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
frosbel:

This is a very interesting revelation indeed.
Now we understand why christians are afraid of death.
Thanks Frosbel.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by plaetton: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
^^^
The implications are staggering.
By simple arithmetic,If we assume just for this purpose, that at any given generation(50yrs) on earth, that at least 2 billion people die, that would 2 billion x 40 generations since Jesus.

2 billion x 40 =80 billion.

So, to date, there are probably 80 billion souls waiting to be judged.

Wow.
Now if we stretch that to beyond the death of Jesus to , lets say, Adam and Eve , then you can just imagine how many souls are just waiting to be served, sorry, I mean judged.
Talk about bureaucratic nightmares.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Flashaldrin(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
plaetton: ^^^
The implications are staggering.
By simple arithmetic,If we assume just for this purpose, that at any given generation(50yrs) on earth, that at least 2 billion people die, that would 2 billion x 40 generations since Jesus.

2 billion x 40 =80 billion.

So, to date, there are probably 80 billion souls waiting to be judged.

Wow.
Now if we stretch that to beyond the death of Jesus to , lets say, Adam and Eve , then you can just imagine how many souls are just waiting to be served, sorry, I mean judged.
Talk about bureaucratic nightmares.
where are they doing the waiting?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by plaetton: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
Flashaldrin:
where are they doing the waiting?

I think you'll have to ask Frosbel
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
That's because most "Christians" are motivated only by earthly rewards - wealth, success, good health, good spuse, etc. That's the whole basis for their belief in God and prayers to Him. The concept of Heaven is not as attractive to them as an earthly life filled with comforts and other rewards. This is mostly because, at the back of their minds - somewhere deep in their subconsciousness, they are not really sure whether Heaven exists or not.

4 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Heathen(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2012

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by FMK(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
Flashaldrin: I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that. When thay get sick you see them all jittery and panicky as if they dont believe in the kain heaven.
Even muslims are better off, atleast they have suicide bombers and others but its hard to see a christian that will die for their faith.

no one is afraid to die but everyone prefers first to get long life in the environment that is still visible than invisible because we do not know if this place exist or not no one went up to heaven and came down
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
WHY DONT CHRISTIANS JUST KILL THEMSELVES AND GO TO HEAVEN!!!!!! ALSO THE MUSLIMS!!!!!!

so we Pagans can live freely in this world with animals and plants.

4 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by OmoAlata(f): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2012
[size=14pt]Ecclesiastes 7:17[/size]

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

New International Version (©1984)
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool--why die before your time?

If you die before your time, you are a FOOL. And what does the Bible say about the fools?

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding wink

fools despise wisdom and instruction wink

A fool's lips walk into a fight wink

A fool gives full vent to his spirit wink

5 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2012
pro01: That's because most "Christians" are motivated only by earthly rewards - wealth, success, good health, good spuse, etc. That's the whole basis for their belief in God and prayers to Him. The concept of Heaven is not as attractive to them as an earthly life filled with comforts and other rewards. This is mostly because, at the back of their minds - somewhere deep in their subconsciousness, they are not really sure whether Heaven exists or not.
hmm the earth is the Lord's and He has given me ALL THINGS to enjoy including the earthly things you feel i shouldnt enjoy. Furthermore the reason is revelation of death has not been duly presented efficiently to my understanding.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Bella3(f): 7:08am On Aug 20, 2012
Omo Alata: [size=14pt]Ecclesiastes 7:17[/size]

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

New International Version (©1984)
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool--why die before your time?

If you die before your time, you are a FOOL. And what does the Bible say about the fools?

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding wink

fools despise wisdom and instruction wink

A fool's lips walk into a fight wink

A fool gives full vent to his spirit wink
here is the best answer! Are you guys satisfied? Most real christains pray like this:'father dnt let me die be4 my time' or 'father, i pray against untimely death'. This doesnt mean they are afraid, it shows the want to fulfil the purpose of God here on earth according to his will nd time!

5 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Joagbaje(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2012
Flashaldrin: I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.

To start with a christian cannot make impact in his death. It's only the living who can serve God. Every christian has a purpose to fulfill, he must stay Alive to fulfill it.its only a man who has no purpose that will be eager to die. Secondly ,heaven is only a temporary abode ,just for 7years. Our permanent abode is earth.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by ismhab(m): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2012
ASKED THEM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity / Aloysius Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Invited By Police Over Ozubulu Killings / Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.