Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ (2040 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Ciaralover(f): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2006
Which of these movies yo prefer more!!!!

I go for the Passion by sexy Mel Gibson!!!!!
This movie made me cry!!!!!I thought it was awesome!!!!!!
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by omogenaija(f): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2006
Homegirl, this topic doesn't belong in Music/Radio.

and how can u compare The Gospel to Passion of Christ. Yea they both talk about Jesus/God. But its not in the same catergory to be compared to eachother. Thats like comparing Brittany Spears music to Mary J. Blige's music.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Free(f): 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2006
u know i liked the passion of christ, but
i will say the gospel, cuz ma baby Boris Kodjoe was in it kissgrin cheesy
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Oracle(m): 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2006
I don' think there is any movie on the life and times of Jesus that can be like the passion of Christ, that film is just too touching, i mean soooooooo real
i really broke down in tears

Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Free(f): 11:56pm On Apr 09, 2006
i cried tooooo cry cry cry, it was sad what they did to jesus
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Oracle(m): 12:17am On Apr 10, 2006
Free:

i cried tooooo cry cry cry, it was sad what they did to jesus
i hope you decided to stop commiting sins after watching it.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Free(f): 12:33am On Apr 10, 2006
oooh am trying, grin
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by hotangel2(f): 1:29am On Apr 10, 2006
Two movies that cant be compared.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Oracle(m): 1:32am On Apr 10, 2006
@ free
thatz good
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by omogenaija(f): 1:44am On Apr 10, 2006
@ hotangel

thats what i said already. i am glad that someone else understands me.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Free(f): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2006
yes i agree with ya'll

these two movies cannot/shouldnt be compared in any way.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by gidig(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2006
I am yet to watch 'The gospel' but from what I have read of it,it is not in the same class as 'The passion of the Christ' which is the boldest depiction of the final hours of Christ.No previous 'Jesus of Nazareth ' movie was that powerful and to make them speak in the language of the time was a masterstroke?

Let me put it this way, 'the passion' is not just a movie-it is an assignment;one of thsoe things that people do and they are remembered for along time to come.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Ciaralover(f): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2006
Thats true gidig!!!! we all hear you!!!!![color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by bluenubian(f): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2006
i will say what most have said, those are two different movies that cannot be compared
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2006
All these 'gospel' movies are R-rated. Responsible parents should not allow their children to watch them!
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by gbadex1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2006
duh, why do you think they're R-rated? Because they are not meant for kids! Shikena!
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by olabowale(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2006
@Gidig: That's truth. They are remembered for a long time for their dedds: Lies, fantasies, embellishment, overtly distortion of truth, racist behaviour, drunkenness. All of that and more is how your hero Mel Gibson is defined in America. His father too, was one of the biggest racist, anti jewish individual of recent time.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 26, 2006
olabowale:

@Gidig: That's truth. They are remembered for a long time for their dedds: Lies, fantasies, embellishment, overtly distortion of truth, racist behaviour, drunkenness. All of that and more is how your hero Mel Gibson is defined in America. His father too, was one of the biggest racist, anti jewish individual of recent time.

@ Olabowole,so he should now suffer for his fathers view of Jews?
@ poster,I had a latina co worker that was so infatuated with Mel Gibson.
He is just like any white man as far as I'm concerned.

Black men are the best anyday.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Aggressa(m): 4:09am On Nov 26, 2006
olabowale:

SO, what's all that got to do with the awesome message of the "Passion of The Christ". Bill Clinton might not be the most faithful of husbands but in term of economic leadership in the US, he is still the best president alive in the states. why don't you focus on the right things. Mel Gibson did not call himself a saint, did he? He has his personal strenghts and weaknessnes like all men but you cannot take away his brilliant directing skills.
By the way, Hollywood has released another blockbuster that will again drive crazy the 'agents of the accusers of the brethren' like the evolutionists, atheists, humanists etc. It is called The Nativity Story; watch it, let your kids watch it this Christmas
"Every knee will bow, and every tongue shall confess that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Seun(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2006
All I know is that impressionable children should not be allowed to watch the "crucifiction of Jesus".
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by gbadex1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2006
@Seun,

true, that is. Ain't meant for kids. Much mature violence in tha flick.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by pymexys(f): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2006
the passion,titanic,and the likes,, those r the kind of movies i watch once,and once only.i cant sit n watch them again.once is enough.
Re: The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ by Bolarge(m): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2006
Y'guys watched The Passion Of Christ and cried.Una try O,I was practically sobbing uncontrollably,thank God I watched it alone.I will ever doff my hat for Mel Gibson.That was movie directing per excellence.

(1) (Reply)

Satan / Does It Takes The Grace Of God For One Not To Indulge In Fornication/adultery? / School Of Fasting (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.