Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2392815 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
tonero263:
The Education Commisioner Tamuno Sisi Gogo Jaja stated that approval from the Governor,has been given to Employ 10000 teaching and 4000 non-teaching staff into the SSS and the UBE. That info on the modality will become clearer as the week(s) unfolds.

can one start submitting the application and if yes,where will one go to in order to submit it?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tonero263(m): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Edozie82:

can one start submitting the application and if yes,where will one go to in order to submit it?
The employment memo broke out late yesterday,aired this morning,give it time my colleague,but,put your ears close to the two BOARDS,if you contact them,their responds might be NO DIRECTIVE YET...Candid advice, Get a touch contact at any of the boards who can give you top level info. But,not like the MASKED DSS guys at the NASS early yesterday...hahahahahaha *On a lighter note*
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Edozie82:

ok I called the number yesterday, the person that picked the call was telling me that they have closed the registration. I told her that I have been checking their site and it wasn't opening. she was trying to defend the company. I hope non registration with them will not affect one's participation?
I don't know about that......but I would presume that if there is any form of compensation ,ur name wouldn't be captured even if u attend...just b optimistic ..we would see how it goes when they start...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
grin
tonero263:
The employment memo broke out late yesterday,aired this morning,give it time my colleague,but,put your ears close to the two BOARDS,if you contact them,their responds might be NO DIRECTIVE YET...Candid advice, Get a touch contact at any of the boards who can give you top level info. But,not like the MASKED DSS guys at the NASS early yesterday...hahahahahaha *On a lighter note*

Lol....... cheesy grin
tonero263:

Lol.......that's funny. ....we'll be keeping our fingers crossed and also put our ears on the ground for the latest on this regard. ..thanks for the info anyway

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Lemon1:
I don't know about that......but I would presume that if there is any form of compensation ,ur name wouldn't be captured even if u attend...just b optimistic ..we would see how it goes when they start...

that'll be too bad of them,they wud hv opened their portal for us to do the online registration. Since the education ministry has given them the mandate to train us,they shldnt be in a hurry to close the registration. My Principal called me today and only told me that it has bn shifted till next week,he didn't mention anytin abt d registration. But then,they said they'll send an I.V.sms,hv u gotin us?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by rOsy247(f): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Lemon1:

Thanks for the info. I registered few hours before it was closed and I got the *successful registration* message immediately but have not been contacted since then. Will they still contact me?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
rOsy247:

Thanks for the info. I registered few hours before it was closed and I got the *successful registration* message immediately but have not been contacted since then. Will they still contact me?
I personally did not get any text even though I registered days before the site was closed..some people got text others did not ...when we get the schedules we will go according to the day/days slated for us and sort out any issues we have there n then

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
tonero263:

The Rivers State Government is set to embark on the recruitment of 10,000 new teachers in the state.

The Rivers State comissioner of education, Dr Tamunosisi Gogo Jaja disclosed this in a statement made available to Views Media.

Dr Gogo Jaja disclosed that the new recruitment is part of the vision of the Wike- led Government to reposition the state educationally and also curb the rate of unemployment amongst youths in the state.

Dr Jaja stated that the state ministry of education is ready for the recruitment of the new teachers and is only waiting for the approval of the state governor,Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike.

Other non academic and auxilliary staff will also be recruited.

The recruitment exercise is to commence in the next academic session in september 2018.

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/08/breaking-rivers-state-government-set-to.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by waliezi(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
econspres24:

Did you think this through before typing?
A governor of a state is not aware of salary arrears owed workers?
Sycophancy and nepotism will bring this country to its kneels.

What a shame!
. The so called arrears n many more were not accumulated during Wike's tenure yet he has paid up almost all n u say he isn't doing well. Chai! my people fear God oh.... Remember Ameachi's last statement before leaving office; "I will see were he will get money to pay salaries". This alone will tell you that Ameachi never meant well for you n me. That is why he allowed salary accumulation which have now turned into arrears. If for nothing, I thank God for Wike's ability to be upto date in payment of monthly salaries since the inception of his administration n also his ability to deliver much in physical infrastructure. Hence making the state number one in infrastructural development.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2018
waliezi:
. The so called arrears n many more were not accumulated during Wike's tenure yet he has paid up almost all n u say he isn't doing well. Chai! my people fear God oh.... Remember Ameachi's last statement before leaving office; "I will see were he will get money to pay salaries". This alone will tell you that Ameachi never meant well for you n me. That is why he allowed salary accumulation which have now turned into arrears. If for nothing, I thank God for Wike's ability to be upto date in payment of monthly salaries since the inception of his administration n also his ability to deliver much in physical infrastructure. Hence making the state number one in infrastructural development.
I disagree with you, Amaechi meant well for those he employed.
Toward the end of his tenure, the federal government starve him of fund, he struggle with the little he got, that is the origin of accumulation of salary.

Wike also meant well too, by keep on with their payment.

As far as am concern both of them try. Amaechi government gave the job, Wike government retained them and continued with their payment.
I like their both effort. Without Amaechi many wouldn't have gotten government job today, and without Wike retaining them many would have been out of government job, even when the wicked ones was asking him to sack Amaechi employed workers, Wike refuses, but carried on with them.
Both of them are heroes.
Wike should please as matter of urgency promote the workers, and implement it before the general election.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 9:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Pls,updates on the submission of application for the recruitment please. Thanks
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2018
Sau24:
Pls,updates on the submission of application for the recruitment please. Thanks
https://www.wakanda.ng/rivers-state-commence-recruitment-10000-teachers-soon/

Rivers State To commence Recruitment of 10,000 Teachers soon
By valentine -August 8, 2018.
The Rivers State Government is set to embark on the recruitment of 10,000 new teachers in the state. The Rivers State comissioner of education, Dr Tamunosisi Gogo Jaja disclosed this in a statement made available to Views Media.

Dr Gogo Jaja disclosed that the new recruitment is part of the vision of the Wike- led Government to reposition the state educationally and also curb the rate of unemployment amongst youths in the state.

Dr Jaja stated that the state ministry of education is ready for the recruitment of the new teachers and is only waiting for the approval of the state governor,Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike.

Other non academic and auxilliary staff will also be recruited.

The recruitment exercise is to commence in the next academic session in september 2018.

kingsjeroneyah has posted it before.
https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/08/breaking-rivers-state-government-set-to.html?m=1

September should be the commencement period for application.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 10:37am On Aug 09, 2018
cool
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by temple4real(m): 11:13am On Aug 09, 2018
Latest report as retired civil servants in Rivers State have taken to the streets of Port Harcourt to protest unpaid three years gratuity and pension owed them.
Meanwhile the protesters had placards with inscriptions like; “If you are Mr Project, Know that Retired civic servants are major project”, “Mr Project Pay us our Pension because our people are homeless and our children are out of school”, “We are dying.”
The protesters, who were chanting anti government songs, demanded for the payment of their three years gratuity and pension, just as they asked for the removal of contributory pension law.
The leader of the protesters, Lucky Atti, at the office of the Rivers State Head of Service demanded the abrogation of the Contributory Pension Law, which he claimed was the cause of the hardship of pensioners.
Atti said majority of pensioners had been suffering from different forms of terminal ailment in the past three years.
“It is not a curse to be a retired civil servant in Rivers State. It not a crime. Many of us have served for as much as 33years and here we are with nothing.
“We can no longer fend for our families. The Governor should do something about this before we all die of hunger and sicknesses.
“We have written to Governor Nyesom Wike on several occasions. We have even met with stakeholders, including the religious leaders, to help us talk to him but all to no avail. We have been on this for the past 3years,” he said.
Addressing the pensioners, Rivers State Head of Service, Rufus Godwins blamed the past administration of former Governor Rotimi Amaechi for the backlog of pension allowances.
According to Godwins, “These allowances are owed by the past administration. The past administration did not remit the deduction of pensions to the pensioners’ agents. But I will take your case to the Governor”.
http://mynationnews.com/2018/08/09/governor-wike-in-big-trouble-as-retirees-storm-the-street-in-heavy-protest-photos/
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by temple4real(m): 11:15am On Aug 09, 2018
The hope of Nigerian workers getting a new minimum wage this year brightened last weekend as indications emerged that the Minimum Wage Committee may round off its deliberations on August 21.
Addressing workers in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, at the closing ceremony of the 16th Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Rain School, the NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, said all the tripartite members of the committee have agreed that the discussion should end on August 21.
According to the NLC President, the report would be dispatched immediately to the presidency for signature and subsequently to the National Assembly for accelerated hearing.
“Between now and August 21, our committee is expected to meet once or twice before then to put everything in proper perspective. But there is a clear understanding that every deliberation must end on the 21st of this month,” he said.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by econspres24: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2018
waliezi:

I didn't want to dignify this unconscionable statement of yours with a response. But the ignorance clouding your comments wouldn't let me keep mute.
Now let me educate you, you said the arrears were not accumulated in Wike's time, but for two years now I've been pleading to have my Feb and March 2016 salaries paid all to no avail.

The problem with your likes, is that you always bring in political coloration to everything you do even when there are real issues bothering on welfarism. Always know where to draw the line.

The essence of government is to provide basic amenities and the welfare of her citizens. So, you don't expect me to sing praises of the governor for building roads and bridges when I've yet to receive salaries of work already done for 2yrs now and counting.

Be guided!

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by hail(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
waliezi:
Just say what you know, wike is still owing majority of us February and March salaries of 2016, ask questions

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by sunnysos: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
Rivers State Government to employ 10,000 teachers, 4,000 Non-Academic staffs before September resumption 14,000 in all. www.rivjob.net. the official application portal for the teachers recruitment and non academic.

The commissioner said rivjob will be the recruiting agency. So all seeking for job should apply here.
Pls confirm from the site

www.rivjobs.ng
Check this
http://Publicservice.riversstate.gov.ng
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by FINA4804(f): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2018
Good morning great teachers, pls where is UBE Office?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2018
FINA4804:
Good morning great teachers, pls where is UBE Office?
you don't need to go there, the application is online

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
update on the proposed teacher training...those that applied online got text as per when they would do their own training....a sample of the text is shown below....if u didn't get a text ...they said u were not picked and shouldn't bother to come ...I registered four persons in my school,I and a fellow teacher didn't get d text...the other two got....

Dear ............, you have been scheduled for the 21st Century Education Skills for teachers on 13th - 18th August, 2018 by 5:00pm daily. Venue is Riv-Techcreek - Rivers State ICT Department Aba Road opposite Pleasure Park Port Harcourt. Please come with valid means of Identification, and be punctual.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
sunnysos:
Rivers State Government to employ 10,000 teachers, 4,000 Non-Academic staffs before September resumption 14,000 in all. www.rivjob.net. the official application portal for the teachers recruitment and non academic.

The commissioner said rivjob will be the recruiting agency. So all seeking for job should apply here.
Pls confirm from the site

www.rivjobs.ng
Check this
http://Publicservice.riversstate.gov.ng

No dey wey una dey ever dey accurate wit information ... Www.rivjob.net and www.rivjob.ng which is accurate naaaa stop making silly mistakes on social media
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by pee30: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
Lemon1:
update on the proposed teacher training...those that applied online got text as per when they would do their own training....a sample of the text is shown below....if u didn't get a text ...they said u were not picked and shouldn't bother to come ...I registered four persons in my school,I and a fellow teacher didn't get d text...the other two got....

Dear ............, you have been scheduled for the 21st Century Education Skills for teachers on 13th - 18th August, 2018 by 5:00pm daily. Venue is Riv-Techcreek - Rivers State ICT Department Aba Road opposite Pleasure Park Port Harcourt. Please come with valid means of Identification, and be punctual.

I called their line and told them that I applied online but I did not got their text, and they reply me that I should come on Monday, that the message is a bulk SMS
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by jamesbridget13(f): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Lemon1:

so them no come pick me finally because I received d first text but didn't get this recent one
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Iniobon(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
jamesbridget13:
so them no come pick me finally because I received d first text but didn't get this recent one
How? We'll all be there on Monday. I got the first sms but I'm yet to get the recent one.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
I didn't get any text.....first or second
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by FINA4804(f): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks @ gold360
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2018
Please, I did the pgde with NTI since 2016 and the original certificate is not out, is there anyway I can register with teachers registration council? I need answers Asap
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by chrissoki(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
otubobo:
Please, I did the pgde with NTI since 2016 and the original certificate is not out, is there anyway I can register with teachers registration council? I need answers Asap
Yes I think so
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by GamaG(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
otubobo:
Go to NTI office at Federal Secretariat and ask for attestation letter. Use the letter to register with TRCN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (849) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: Iniobon(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.