Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2389900 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
There is this news I heard in my school that government of rivers state has directed the pension fund managers to refund what we have contributed so far, and that some of them have started complying.

Please if you are aware, throw more light on it.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
001bumsa:
There is this news I heard in my school that government of rivers state has directed the pension fund managers to refund what we have contributed so far, and that some of them have started complying.

Please if you are aware, throw more light on it.

one of my colleagues made mention of it but I have not confirmed it.probably, it might be true...I think it will be the best if they refund the money
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
kingsjeroneyah:
Industrial crisis appears imminent as governors have announced that they would not be able to afford the agreed national minimum wage.

Governors under the aegis of Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), who met on Wednesday night in Abuja, said though they were not against the upward review of the national minimum wage, they lacked the ability to pay the proposed N24,000.

Minister of Labour and Employment Chris Ngige had last week told reporters that while Labour unions were demanding N30,000 per month, Federal Government proposed N24,000 and state governors N20,000.

However, it is doubtful if the leadership of the labour unions would accept the N24, 000, which they claimed was “unilaterally” adopted by the Federal Government.

Indication to that effect emerged as the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has summoned an emergency meeting for next week to take a decision.

Chairman of NGF and Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, who briefed journalists on the outcome of the meeting, disclosed that the governors also met with the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Ayuba Wabba, who briefed them on how many states complied with the agreement signed to clear salary arrears.
this yeye labour union with their one step forward, two steps backwards strikes, make them better wait make month finish and workers get paid before embarking on this their yeye rubbish.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
gold360:
this yeye labour union with their one step forward, two steps backwards strikes, make them better wait make month finish and workers get paid before embarking on this their yeye rubbish.
http://thenationonlineng.net/minimum-wageorganised-labour-threatens-strike-nov-6/

Minimum Wage:Organised Labour threatens strike Nov. 6
Posted By: Agency Report On: October 21, 2018 In: News, News Update

The Organised Labour says it will embark on nationwide strike on November 6, if the Federal Government fails to meet its demand on the new National Minimum Wage of N30,000 agreed upon.

Mr Ayuba Wabba, President, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) made this known in a statement signed with its counterparts, Mr Bobbio Kaigama, President, Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Mr Joe Ajaero, President, United Labour Congress (ULC) on Sunday.

The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) recalls that the Organised Labour had said that the Tripartite Committee on the New National Minimum Wage had concluded its negotiations and agreed on N30, 000 following an appeal made by Organisation Private Sector (OPS) as what they could afford.

NAN also reports that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige at the end the Federal Executive meeting, while briefing newsmen, had said that the Tripartite Committee on the National Minimum Wage was yet to conclude its negotiations.

NAN recalls that the Governors had made a proposal of N20,000 while the Federal Government had offer of N24,000.

The Federal Government had also initiated a clause “No work, No pay” during strike.

According to Wabba, we the organised labour in Nigeria having not seen any sign that this government is willing to demonstrate honour and integrity in relating with Nigerian workers and masses.

“So, we have resolved to organise a one-day of National outrage and mourning, which would be used to sensitise Nigerians on our plight and on the issues at stake.

“This shall take place in all states of the federation including Abuja on Tuesday, the 30th day of October, 2018 and a meeting of various organs of the Unions will hold as appropriate.

“On Friday, Nov. 2, a Joint Central Working Committee (CWC) meeting of all the Labour Centres in Nigeria shall hold to receive reports and make final preparations for our ultimate engagement with the Federal Government on this matter.

“ This is the first time in the history of this nation in recent times that such meeting will take place and this goes a long way to show the seriousness with which Nigerian workers and its leadership hold this matter.

“If nothing is responsibly done by the Federal Government to meet our demands, on Monday, Nov.6 we shall embark on a nationwide strike,’’ he said.

He added that this would compel government to show more sensitivity to the plight of Nigerians and the suffering that is decimating our people on daily basis.

Wabba also called on Nigerians and workers not to be discouraged in the struggle for the new National Minimum Wage.

He explained that it was not true that organised labour had proposed N30,000 as the new national minimum wage.

“It is also not true that the committee did not agree on a figure during its last sitting. We accepted N30,000 as a compromise to demonstrate the willingness of Nigerian workers to make sacrifices towards nation building.

“ Anything to the contrary no matter the quantum and character of the din or how well couched it may appear cannot be true.

“ Resorting to Goebbelsianism at this time of national emergency, which requires men and women of integrity is rather unfortunate and cannot suddenly make the brazen falsehoods truths.

“’We believe that it has become necessary for the Organised Private Sector (OPS) as represented in the Tripartite Committee to speak up on this matter.

“ Keeping silent in the face of this apparent mischief does our nation no good. It can only help mischief, dishonesty and impunity to grow,” Wabba said.

The NLC president, however, said it was time for the OPS to rise to the occasion by telling Nigerians what transpired in that meeting.

Wabba added that they should tell Nigerians whether there was a motion that was seconded on a final figure.

“ If there was a document signaling this agreement that had already been signed by some parties?

“ If also the N30,000 figure was ours or a compromise figure based on proposed scenarios,”’ he said.(NAN).
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
gold360:
Unlike NUT, NLC is trying, at least by November 6th strike will commence, and government don't have any excuse of not to pay October salary.
2019 campaign will officially kick off by November 18th or thereabout, while on strike let us see what the seating president and governors will use for their campaign.
Seriously this strike is coming at appropriate time.

Let us see what their party manifesto will talk about.
1. It might talk about eradicating poverty, while their employees are on strike because of poor minimum wage, and poor payment.
2. Some party will be emphasising on promotion at due time, while for last ten years at teachers side no promotion in Rivers state.
3. Some will talk on improving the standard of living of their people, while many civil servant standard of living is at great reverse gear.

The November strike is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ike16: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2018
These politicians are funny indeed!! Since we' re third world, ehh! Let them pay both the executives and others the 30k minimum wage na!!!! After all it's the same school we all graduated from, same school fees, same nysc scheme,same market, same road. What's all these? Pls tell them Nigerians are wiser now!!!!! They should do the needful and forget all these political talk that will not help us!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
*_SUCCESS COMES THROUGH SEVERAL TRIALS!_*

The economy is tight, yet people are still buying cars. People are opening new businesses. People are expanding new frontiers.

Stop complaining! Buhari is not the answer for the hour. *You are the driver of your destiny.* I have never seen anytime in the history of the human race when there are no hard times. *Yet people made waves and affected their generation.*

If you see anybody complaining about everything, you see a man or woman looking for cheap answers and solutions.

*Nothing in life will ever come easy.* I believe what we need in this period is the drive to push until victory comes.

*_Many successful people had tried one thing or the other before they became successful._*

*Keep trying. If you fail, try again. If you fail again, try again. And as you keep trying in the right direction and at the right things, success will surely come.*

I Have Never Seen A *RICH Person* Who Has Never *lost Money.* But I Have Seen A Lot Of *POOR People* Who Have Never *Lost A Dime*
---Robert Kiyosaki-

The *Primary Difference* Between The *RICH* And The *POOR* Is How They *Handle FEAR* in Investment
---Robert Kiyosaki.

Have a Positive mindset about investment. You Can *NEVER* Be Rich If You Are *TOO SCARED* Of Losing Money.

*SALARY* alone can not solve your money problems. You need Secondary Source of income to balance

*SALARY* is the *MEDICINE* for managing *POVERTY, it doesn't CURE it.* Only your *BUSINESS* or *INVESTMENT* Cure Poverty.

_BE FINANCIALLY INTELLIGENT!_ �
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 5:41am On Oct 23, 2018
kingsjeroneyah:
*_SUCCESS COMES THROUGH SEVERAL TRIALS!_*

The economy is tight, yet people are still buying cars. People are opening new businesses. People are expanding new frontiers.

Stop complaining! Buhari is not the answer for the hour. *You are the driver of your destiny.* I have never seen anytime in the history of the human race when there are no hard times. *Yet people made waves and affected their generation.*

If you see anybody complaining about everything, you see a man or woman looking for cheap answers and solutions.

*Nothing in life will ever come easy.* I believe what we need in this period is the drive to push until victory comes.

*_Many successful people had tried one thing or the other before they became successful._*

*Keep trying. If you fail, try again. If you fail again, try again. And as you keep trying in the right direction and at the right things, success will surely come.*

I Have Never Seen A *RICH Person* Who Has Never *lost Money.* But I Have Seen A Lot Of *POOR People* Who Have Never *Lost A Dime*
---Robert Kiyosaki-

The *Primary Difference* Between The *RICH* And The *POOR* Is How They *Handle FEAR* in Investment
---Robert Kiyosaki.

Have a Positive mindset about investment. You Can *NEVER* Be Rich If You Are *TOO SCARED* Of Losing Money.

*SALARY* alone can not solve your money problems. You need Secondary Source of income to balance

*SALARY* is the *MEDICINE* for managing *POVERTY, it doesn't CURE it.* Only your *BUSINESS* or *INVESTMENT* Cure Poverty.

_BE FINANCIALLY INTELLIGENT!_ �

what you are saying is right, but then the capital to establish a business has been a challenge. Secondly, many businesses don't strive in Nigeria. How do we handle these situations?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2018
Edozie82:

what you are saying is right, but then the capital to establish a business has been a challenge. Secondly, many businesses don't strive in Nigeria. How do we handle these situations?
In my own world, capital is no:3 the main thing is the WILL even in the midst of all odds.
Next is start small n grow big
As for business not thriving, its the environmental factor but it also answer to persistence.

See

*There's no better time than this time to be an Entrepreneur in Africa*
(Tony O. Elumelu)

*Today I'll do what others won't so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't* ( Jerry Rice)

*Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you're willing to create* (Oprah Winfrey)

*There's nothing stopping you from succeeding but you* (Eric Worre)

*What you don't imagine you can't experience* ( David Oyedepo)

*All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them*
*Don't work 8 hours for a company then go home and not work on your own goals. You're not tired, you're unispired*!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Oriuwa(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2018
New minimum wage: Final decision expected as Buhari receives committee report

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday received meeting proceedings of the National Minimum Wage Negotiation Tripartite Committee.

Ms Amal Pepple is the Chairman of the committee which has government and the organised labour officials as members.

It was gathered that the document contained proceedings of all the meetings the Committee had, including the resolution to have N30,000 as new minimum wage.

With the development, the nation is expected to know the official position of the President in the coming days.

Meanwhile, labour leaders have announced that an indefinite nationwide strike will commence November 6 if the federal government fails to meet their demands.

This was contained in a statement on Sunday by President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Ayuba Wabba, and that of the United Labour Congress (ULC).

The unions are unhappy at government’s claim that no amount was agreed with the labour leaders at a meeting of a tripartite committee and also the FG’s stance that it could only increase the minimum wage from the current N18,000 to N24,000.

According to them, N30,000 was agreed during negotiation and that any amount below the figure would not be accepted.

It read in part: “We the organized labour in Nigeria having not seen any sign that this government is willing to demonstrate honour and integrity in relating with Nigerian workers and masses have resolved to as follows:

“Organise a A day of National Outrage and mourning which will be used to sensitize Nigerians on our plight and on the issues at stake. This shall take place in all states of the federation including Abuja on Tuesday, the 30th day of October, 2018

“A meeting of various organs of the Unions will hold as appropriate

“On Friday, the 2nd day of November, 2018, a Joint Central Working Committee (CWC) meeting of all the Labour Centres in Nigeria shall hold to receive reports and make final preparations for our ultimate engagement with the federal government on this matter. This is the first time in the history of this nation in recent times that such meeting will take place and this goes a long way to show the seriousness with which Nigerian workers and its leadership hold this matter

“If nothing is responsibly done by the federal government to meet our demands, on Monday, the 6th day of November, we shall embark on a nation-wide strike to compel this government to show more sensitivity to the plight of Nigerians and the suffering that is decimating our people on daily basis.”
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
Happy mid-term break!!!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dexpee4life(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
No news about FAAC yet and NLC is threatening Nov 6. They would have slated the strike for 12th of Nov when everyone must have recieved their pay. #No salary no strike
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good evening everyone....,the zonal director for Ogu/Bolo called me this afternoon and told me to make a list of all the 2013 teachers that r still being owed arrears and the number of months owed each teacher....he said it was urgent....I know we may have done this severally...I just thought I should notify the house
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gsm88: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
dexpee4life:
No news about FAAC yet and NLC is threatening Nov 6. They would have slated the strike for 12th of Nov when everyone must have recieved their pay. #No salary no strike
are u not tired of this small salary?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lemon1:
Good evening everyone....,the zonal director for Ogu/Bolo called me this afternoon and told me to make a list of all the 2013 teachers that r still being owed arrears and the number of months owed each teacher....he said it was urgent....I know we may have done this severally...I just thought I should notify the house
why did he call you? are you the principal of your school?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2018
masterchi:
why did he call you? are you the principal of your school?
,good friend am absolutely sure that is the most irrelevant part of the message,one would expect u to call ur principal n ask if the names of those affected in ur school were sent in a bid to see if we would be paid.....I can delete that part of the message if u want,but then someone might think it's hearsay...I try to show how authentic the message is and u pick on that n leave the main info..

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/292592-nigerian-govt-states-lgas-share-n698-7-bn-for-september.html

Nigerian Govt, States, LGAs share N698.7 bn for September
October 25, 2018Bassey Udo
Finance minister, Zainab Ahmed.
The federal, states and local governments on Thursday shared N698.7 billion as statutory allocation from the federation account for September 2018.
The funds were distributed during the meeting of the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) held in Abuja on Thursday.
The meeting was the first presided by the Supervisory Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, who underscored the need for the three tiers of government to save.
“In view of the situation of the economy at the moment it is important to restate the need for governments at all levels to maintain transparency and instill a saving culture for the rainy day. We have to save, not only saving for today, but for tomorrow,” the minister said in a brief introductory remarks.
A communique by the Technical Sub-Committee of FAAC after its meeting held on Wednesday and signed by the Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, gave details of the revenue allocations.
According to the document, gross statutory revenue for the month of about N569.281 billion was lower by N57.858 billion than about N627.139 billion shared in August.
Total distributable revenue for the month was about N698.7billion.
Details from the document showed crude oil export sales increased by 0.17 million barrels resulting in increased revenue earnings for the month to the Federation of $8.48 million.
However, the average unit price per barrel dropped marginally from about $77.10 tto $75.69.
Due to the shutdown of pipelines in the Niger Delta during the month, production shut ins were reported at various locations in the region.

Other details showed that revenue from royalties increased significantly during the month, while value added tax (VAT), petroleum profit tax (PPT) and companies income tax (CIT) decreased significantly.
The breakdown of the figures showed gross revenue realised from VAT at about N79.154 billion as against N114.542 billion realised in the preceding month, a decrease of about N35.388 billion.
The Federal Government got about N277.197 billion, the States about N172.810 billion and local governments about N130.534 billion, while the nine oil producing States received about N52.596 billion as 13 per cent derivation.
About N15.572 billion was paid to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as refund for cost of collection/transfer.
Meanwhile, the report of the committee on the Excess Crude Account (ECA) earlier scheduled for presentation was stepped down to allow the committee to rework and represent it at the next meeting.
Spokesperson to the minister, Paul Abechi, told reporters the next FAAC meeting is scheduled during National Council of Finance and Economic Development (NACOFED) proposed for November 28 in Kaduna.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lemon1:
,good friend am absolutely sure that is the most irrelevant part of the message,one would expect u to call ur principal n ask if the names of those affected in ur school were sent in a bid to see if we would be paid.....I can delete that part of the message if u want,but then someone might think it's hearsay...I try to show how authentic the message is and u pick on that n leave the main info..

Nice information, I was affected, February 2016 unpaid salary.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
gsm88:
are u not tired of this small salary?
Did you know that it's better for this government to take us back to the year we started this work without increasing minimum wage, then dollar was #180 per a dollar, bag of rice was #8,000, but today dollar is #360 per a dollar ( times two) rice #16,000 ( times two)
This shows that if one is receiving
#120,000, its equivalent as of when we started this work was #60,000,
#100,000 its equivalent as of then was #50,000,
#80,000 its equivalent as of then was #40,000,
#60,000 its equivalent as of then was #30,000.
We are witnessing the government that is insincere to the need of their workers, emerging #30,000 minimum wage was not up to 70% increment and federal government are still showing their muscle by refusing, where things has change more than 100% over time.
When you consider it with our basic salary, the increment is not up to 35%, Seriously the payment compared with work is not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kayusely70(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2018
When is Nigeria exiting this feeding bottle federalism
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kayusely70(m): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2018
When will Nigeria exit this feeding bottle federalism
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2018
Lemon1:

Never mind!
Different people with different reaction, but in all, you have pass the message.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 8:03am On Oct 27, 2018
The federal government has commenced moves to prevent a general strike ahead of the November 6 deadline set by organised labour following disagreement over a new minimum wage for workers.

Consequently, the federal government has fixed a meeting on Monday to come up with a new national minimum wage.

The minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, told State House correspondents yesterday that an“enlarged meeting of all key stakeholders in the government circle at both federal and states has been scheduled for Monday.”

While the unions are insisting on a N30,000 per month minimum wage, the federal government is proposing N24,000, while state governors are proposing N20,000, a marginal increase on the current minimum wage of N18,000, which many states have failed to implement.

LEADERSHIP Weekend recalls that organised labour last Sunday announced that it would embark on indefinite strike from November 6.

In its response, the federal government had threatened to invoke a no-work, no-pay policy if labour went ahead with its planned strike action.

However, this strong arm tactics seems not to have deterred the workers’ union. Earlier this week, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) advised Nigerians to commence stocking food and other necessities of life as workers will ensure a total shutdown of the country, beginning from November 6, should the government fail to pass the N30,000 new minimum wage.

In a resolution reached at the end of the National Executive Council (NEC) of the NLC held in Abuja on Wednesday, the workers’ union also said they were not perturbed by the no-work no-pay policy of the federal government, insisting that the right to strike was both a human right and a trade union right, and could not be abridged. The NLC said its strike would lead to a total shutdown of the country.

This unwavering stance may have signified to government that Labour is not ready to back down, hence the moves to seek ways of averting a confrontation with the workers’ union.

Labour minister, Dr Ngige, said a decision would be taken at the end of Monday’s meeting before a draft law would be transmitted to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari on the new national minimum wage law.

“On Monday the economic team will meet and the governors are supposed to come so that the federal government will brief them on what is on the ground.

“And we will see what they will be able to put to us, because the government side is still three tiers, the federal, states and the local governments. The federal government is the leader.

“So, we are inviting them to come so that we will listen to them again, tell them what we are doing and what we intend to do, because they even have members on that committee.

“On Monday we will have a very useful discussion before the tripartite committee will come and submit its report,’’ Ngige said.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by TheWatchDog(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2018
Why Rivers People will vote massively against wike. Part 1

1. Staff School Teachers - sacked
2. Ken-Poly Lecturers - sacked
3. Timariv Officers - disbanded
4. RSSDA - disbanded
5. Overseas students - abandoned
6. GreaterPortharcourt - abandoned
7. Songhai Farm - collapsed
8. Buguma Fishfarm - closed
9. Students bursary-cancelled
10. No payment of gratuity
11. No payment of pension allowances to retirees that retired since 2015 till date
12. Abandoning our ever cherish state Secretariat (No light, No water, damage roofs).
13. Introduction of levies in our primary and secondary schools
14. Increase in sch fees in all our state owned tertiary institutions.
15. Increase in crime as a result of lack of political will by the government.
16. No clear social investment by the wike led govt.
17. No capital project going on
18. The wike led govt does not have a blueprint on governance.
19. Monthly deduction of workers salary.
ETC

WIKE’S DECEIT

1. Recruitment of Neighborhood watch - scam
2. Employment of 14,000 teachers within 3 weeks - scam
3. Employment of Liaison Officers - scam.
4.Real Madrid academy-scam.
5.Health workers recruitment-scam
6.judiciary workers recruitment-scam.
7.Rivers state waste management agency-scam
8.civil servant loan- scam
9.business people loan-scam
I urge anyone reading this to visit communities in Rivers state and see the level our communities have been reduced to.
I weep

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2018
Rising from a meeting yesterday night in Abuja, the governors explained that it became imperative for them to take the position against the backdrop that the percentage of salaried workers was not more than 5% of the total working population.

Reading a communique at the end of the Emergency meeting, Governor of Zamfara State and chairman of NGF, Abdulaziz Yari said that the position of the state Executives must not just reflect a figure, but also a sustainable strategy based on ability and capacity to pay, as well as reflective of all our developmental needs in each State.

Reading the Communique, Yari said, “Following a meeting of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum where we deliberated on the National Minimum Wage after a briefing from our representatives at the Tripartite Committee, we submit as follows:

“The welfare of all Nigerians is our ultimate concern. In all our States, we are concerned about the deteriorating economic situation experienced by the vulnerable segment of our population. 2. In agreeing to a National Minimum Wage, however, the Forum is even more concerned about development, particularly in the health, education and infrastructure spheres. It is not true that an upward review of the minimum wage would trigger inflation – Wabba

“It is, therefore, our considered position that since the percentage of salaried workers is not more than 5% of the total working population, our position must not just reflect a figure, but also a sustainable strategy based on ability and capacity to pay, as well as reflective of all our developmental needs in each State.

“Afterall, Section 3 of the National Salaries Income and Wages Commission Act provides that “the Commission shall recommend a proposition of income growth which should be initiated for wage increase and also examined the salary structure in public and private sector with reasonable features of relativity and maximum levels which are in consonance with the national economy” “It is in this sense that we feel strongly that our acceptable minimum wage must be done in such a way that total personnel cost does not exceed 50% of the revenue available to each State. o. Governors, therefore, agreed to pay a national minimum wage of N22,500.”

President of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Mr Ayuba Wabba, the Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) were absent at the meeting, just as the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed shunned the meeting as well.

But the Minister of Labour, Senator Chris Ngige and his Budget and National Planning Counterpart, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma and Chairman, Salaries and Wages Commission were present.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by cool318(m): 4:13am On Nov 01, 2018
TheWatchDog:
Why Rivers People will vote massively against wike. Part 1

1. Staff School Teachers - sacked
2. Ken-Poly Lecturers - sacked
3. Timariv Officers - disbanded
4. RSSDA - disbanded
5. Overseas students - abandoned
6. GreaterPortharcourt - abandoned
7. Songhai Farm - collapsed
8. Buguma Fishfarm - closed
9. Students bursary-cancelled
10. No payment of gratuity
11. No payment of pension allowances to retirees that retired since 2015 till date
12. Abandoning our ever cherish state Secretariat (No light, No water, damage roofs).
13. Introduction of levies in our primary and secondary schools
14. Increase in sch fees in all our state owned tertiary institutions.
15. Increase in crime as a result of lack of political will by the government.
16. No clear social investment by the wike led govt.
17. No capital project going on
18. The wike led govt does not have a blueprint on governance.
19. Monthly deduction of workers salary.
ETC

WIKE’S DECEIT

1. Recruitment of Neighborhood watch - scam
2. Employment of 14,000 teachers within 3 weeks - scam
3. Employment of Liaison Officers - scam.
4.Real Madrid academy-scam.
5.Health workers recruitment-scam
6.judiciary workers recruitment-scam.
7.Rivers state waste management agency-scam
8.civil servant loan- scam
9.business people loan-scam
I urge anyone reading this to visit communities in Rivers state and see the level our communities have been reduced to.
I weep

Chaiii, you are really on Ground, Rivers State is a Ghost of itself, Levies and fee drives in state Primary schools is now higher than Private schools in PH.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by econspres24: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Nobody talking about alert?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Purity001: 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
No alert till next week.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by jamesbridget13(f): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2018
Purity001:
No alert till next week.
next week wey strike don start?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
jamesbridget13:
next week wey strike don start?
hopefully from tomorrow
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by TheWatchDog(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Alert will come today.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
TheWatchDog:
Alert will come today.
amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (849) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: Jayokey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.