Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Did We Really Have Past Lives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did We Really Have Past Lives? (2844 Views)

Why Doesn't Christianity Accept Reincarnation And The Belief In Past Lives? / How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? / Are We Really Free-morals Beings Or Actually Puppets In God’s Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 2:11am On Dec 28, 2007
I have been wondering if the issue on past lives is true. I have read that when some people are hypnotized, they suprisingly have knowledge of the private lives of people that lived 100s of years ago.
I also read that what you do in your current lifetime is gonna have an effect in your nxt lifetime (karma)
So lets give our individual opinions on this. On my part, i think it's real coz there's this feeling i have around my boyfriend as though i have met him b4 and i heard that u can sometimes come back to meet the same peple u left behind.
So lets speak out
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Owoayo(m): 2:23am On Dec 28, 2007
I also believe in past lives because we are all blobs of energy covered by flesh, and when we die the energy is transfered to another flesh, since energy cant be destroyed, (Law of Conservation of Energy). I think this phenomenon also explains why humans experience Deja Vu, new things seem familiar to us because we've experienced them before.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by MP007(m): 5:47am On Dec 28, 2007
@ poster, are you suggesting that we humans are recycled spirits and sould?
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2007
Probably it's all related to the fact that as God promised, we are not meant to die.
I wouldn't exactly say we are recycled; our energy just keeps existing as Owoayo said.
I have spoken with a few Eckankites they believe that each soul has it's "guardian angel" that guides and gate keeps the soul to the next life and if u attempt astral flying, that same "angel" also guides u around.
Mind you, i'm not an eckankite.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Dec 29, 2007
sexytitan:

Probably it's all related to the fact that as God promised, we are not meant to die.
I wouldn't exactly say we are recycled; our energy just keeps existing as Owoayo said.
I have spoken with a few Eckankites they believe that each soul has it's "guardian angel" that guides and gate keeps the soul to the next life and if u attempt astral flying, that same "angel" also guides u around.
Mind you, i'm not an eckankite.

LMAO@@@@!!!! grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy No offense meant but that was funny, I thought i was reading a line from barbie
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 2:29am On Dec 29, 2007
Dat was rude but i was serious!
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by EloSela(f): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2007
This is a fascinating topic! I do believe in reincarnation but I don't think we are suppose to have any recollection of our past lives but somehow some of us do. I have a large birthmark to the right of my stomach and when I was a baby I used to dream that I was a white lady with hair ala Demi Moore (in Ghost) and that I was in a shootout where I died with a shot to the stomach, lol weird but true. I think that is where my large birthmark came from.

There was also once a documentary I saw based in India on children who had lived pass lives. Apparently the belief is strong is that part of the world. In it they featured a young boy of about 8 who had always told his mother ever since he was able to talk that he had a wife and two children in the city. He said that he was a business man who had been shot and killed by robbers. Amazingly this boy knew the address and names of the family of the man he claimed to have been in his past life. Eventually this boy was taken to meet the family and it was quite amazing to see this 8 year old boy talking to his 'children' asking if they had eaten and how they were doing at school. The wife even said that she believed that the boy had been her husband in a past life.

There are also reports about parents claiming that their babies being able to speak foreign languages without any influence.

If you google reincarnation you will find loads of information on this topic.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 4:25am On Dec 30, 2007
Great info Elo
I also discovered that there are some ways u could speak to ur angel and he/she undecided will tell u about ur past lives and ur purpose on earth. When i decided to find this way out, i was asked to pay. Damn angry
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Dorcasde(f): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2007
Reincarnation is a fact of life. When I was a little girl, I used to dream about my life in China. I got to know of the word ‘China’ in my dream before I was 8. I could remember asking my mum about China when I was 9 years old but she couldn’t tell me much about the country.  I had lots of dreams about my life in China but could not make any sense out of them. Soon I forgot all my childhood dreams and moved on.

However, after donkey years, I found that my path lead me to China. Till date, I really cannot explain how the adventure started. In less than 6 months in China, I could speak the language fluently. My colleagues who are foreigners in China could were stunned; people say the Chinese look alike, to me, they don’t resemble at all. I can identify and differentiate them very well, even their twins. I blend so well with them. The most interesting part of it all is that, though I was born and raised in Nigeria, I am only 4 years in China but I know China more than Nigeria, despite the fact that it’s about 10 times the size of Nigeria. I have been to more places in China than Nigeria. Interestingly, most of the places I have been too are very familiar, even at first visit. My present location is a small city in the south of China, on my first day here; I didn’t need anybody to show me round town. Though I can neither read nor write Chinese because I never studied the language but I can speak the language better than my mother tongue. Besides, I have met a lot of Chinese who are very familiar at first sight.

On my first day in China, Beijing to be precise, my employer lodged me in a hotel and my room was on the 35th floor. When I woke up next morning, I took a look outside from the window, interestingly, the site I saw reminded me of a dream I had when I was a child. Just 2 weeks ago, I dreamt about one of my students, the dream was obviously about our past lives together because I saw that were in a family setting and both of us were sisters doing things together.  So after one of my classes with her, I called her and said ‘hello sister’ jokingly. She replied ‘Yes, I have dreamt about you many times, and each time, you appear to be my sister in the dreams but not my teacher’ Then I asked if she believed in the dream, she said yes, that a fortune teller once told her mother ever before she got married that she would see of one her past kids but she is African and would be a teacher to her child. It was alike another dream so I asked if I could meet her mother. Immediately, she phoned her mum and in less then 2 hours, the woman came. She gave me a very warm hug and we were together all day, gisting, gisting and  gisting.

1 Like

Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Dorcasde(f): 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2007
A friend of mine told me a true life story about a little girl in Calabar many years ago. This incidence I am about to narrate happened when the little girl was 7 years old. The little girl woke up one morning and told her parents she was going to join her family in a nearby county. Her parents were stunned, perhaps they thought she was crazy and tried to shut her up but she refused. The next day, she told her parents she would lead them to her family but before then she would take them to the spot her she was hit by a car which lead to her death and that she would also take them to where she was burried. Good enough, her parents followed her. First of all, she took them to where she was hit by a car, as the owner of the house just by the road saw them looking confused and staring at a spot on the road, he walked up to them to ask what they were looking for/at.  They narrated the girl’s tales and the man confirmed that a woman with 7 children was killed by a car at that very spot, 9 years ago ( that is 2 years before the girl was born). Then they asked the man if he knew where the woman’s body was buried, the man said yes. So they told him the little girl would lead them there, she did and the man confirmed it.

Now to her ‘former’ family. I heard the little girl lead them to a compound and the man who joined them on the way confirmed that was the family of the woman who passed on lives there. As they entered, a man was sitting in front of small house in the compound; the girl ran to the man, gave him a hug and introduced herself as his wife who died years ago. To cut it short, the little girl met her former husband and children.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Solray: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2007
Hello Dorcasde and Sexynitan!

I understand the theme of the experience you share. I had my personal experiences as well. In my teenage years I had a recurrence of an early childhood . Earlier in my life at about the age of 6, I fell sick and was pronounced "clinically dead". I found myself standing beside my body, could see my parents weeping,was led by a guide who took me up on an Island from here I could see the lower worlds below me. Pictures of my preceeding life was shown to me. The purpose of my current earthlife was revealed to me. The experience was branded on my soul and continues to guide me today. Well I made to tell the pastor in the church I was attending then, no sooner had I begun than he cut me off,verses were quoted that suggested my experiences were not founded on truth and special prayer sessions were called for. As you would imagine, I silently endured it while it lasted. I learnt a lesson that some dreams/visions are for you alone, for your own spiritual maturing, and if you share them with others, few if any would understand you.HA DOGMA! If you have the benefit of peeping into the reallife, you can only smile at what some people zealously uphold,to the point that they may kill,destroy or politely undermine your reputation if you dare to differ.

BUT I KNOW THAT I KNOW RE-INCARNATION IS A FACT OF LIFE.

On the subject I have this to say.

1.Re-incarnation is a fact of life, guided primarily by the creation law of reciprocal action.
2."A film of forgetting" is placed over our soul so that we may live in the present in our current lives
3.By the working of Divine Providence and Wisdom,those to whom pictures of their previous lives are clearly revealed is to aid them in closing a previous cycle or gain insight into present circumstances to help with their choices.
4. I would strongly advise anyone against subjecting himself to hypnosis,so called astral travels or any artificial means of stimulating the recollection of past lives. This is very possible BUT IN EVERY SINGLE CASE HARMFUL TO THE SOUL AND INVARIABLY THE BODY,the fact that it may not be immediately visible in the body or psychy notwithstanding.If it does not come naturally to you,then you don't need to know.Trust in the Perfect Wisdom of God to guide you.
4. It is not a question of recycled energy.The human spirit is a distinct entity, and we come and go always as human beings,not perhaps as a lion in one life, and maybe a bull in this one and then as man again in another, as some eastern teachings claim.
5.The real-inner core of earthman is spirit. This is indestructible. What is subject to destruction is his Ego-Personality.He is originally a spirit seed grain sown into the worlds of matter in order to gain self and ultimately God-consciousness and return fully matured to experience the bliss that pervades in his real home.One earthlife is insufficient for the human spirit to gain the spiritual maturity needed for him return to the point of his origin, paradise of the human spirit,hence the need for repeated earthlives.
6. However it is not a case of ENDLESS incarnation and re-incarnation, there is a time limit set to this period of maturing. A time when for man it is EITHER OR. Ascent to the regions of light or being sucked into the funnel of this-integration where the ego is destroyed and the spirit seed/germ returns to the origin,from whence he set forth unconscious, without a personality. The millenia spent in the pilgrimage to gain thereby becomes a complete waste,not the mention the torments associated with the process of tearing apart the self-consciousness acquired.

7.For many of us this may well be the last we would experience life on earth. WE STAND IN THE TIMES.THE JUDGEMENT. When figuratively speaking we have to sit for the final exam in the school of life.

8. Live completely in the present as if this is your very last chance not only to make good for past actions, but ascend to those regions were the cycle of coming into being,ripening and decay as operates in the material worlds those not hold.

9.Re-incarnation has been a widely held belief amonst all peoples,the fact that it dates back to the time when people lived in exclusive communities without the the exchange of information possible in today's world should indicate the possibility of this being a reality to the questioning mind.

My personal experience regarding the subject led me to research keenly on it, not that I doubted my experiencing but to understand how men have put it down in religious contexts. Though many people of the Christian religion may vehemently oppose any suggestion of re-incarnation.It has to be said that IT WAS TAUGHT ALL OVER THE EARLY CHURCH UNTIL 555 A.D. At the Ecumenical Council  held in Constantine, a simple majority of the church elders present voted to remove those books explicitly dealing with re-incarnation from the Bible.Those who voted "for" did so because they felt it made people slack in diligently living the Word of God and postponing the time when they must set a limit for having to atone.The intention is understood, but it compromised a Truth of life, AND BELIEVE ME MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED SILENTLY BECAUSE OF THIS, as the disquiet the experience raises in their souls simple can't be dulled by the call TO BELIEVE.

Those who want proof of this decision/happening may consult the records of church history. They will find it for sure.Inspite of that decision, there are still a few instances where the fact of re-incarnation is evident in the Bible as it is today. I willl not quote them, not that I don't know them,but let those who wish to find out for themselves do so on their volition.

I will end by saying that God Almighty rules the worlds in Perfect Wisdom and Love. At various times he has sent teachers, prophets who taught men, each bringing the knowledge suitable and adapted to the level of spiritual maturity of the particular people in question. These teachings were to form a rung in A SINGLE STEP LADDER IN THE PEDESTAL OF TRUTH if man left them the way they were mediated INSTEAD OF MAKING RELIGIONS OUT OF THEM. He has sent many to warn us of the impending dangers. Look at nature and see everywhere the sign of aging, setting the stage for a new era, a new earth. He once sent His Son Jesus Christ ,AN EMBODIMENT OF HIS DIVINE LOVE whose coming lifted the earth in its rotation away from the funnel of disintegration to permit us still more time and chance to make good,for salvation,before the closing of the cycle in the Last Judgement.Now again a message that SWINGS IN HIS JUSTICE calls out to man in the work "In The Light of Truth" The Grail Message, taking man through his beginning up to his current state, and then giving him the knowledge that lays the foundation for the world of tomorrow.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 2:19am On Dec 31, 2007
Wow!  shocked
I've never had any revelation of any of my past lives but i do know that some people seem familiar even at first sight.
@ Solray
If that is God's purpose for us, didn't he try to think that we could prefer this Earth to who-knows-where?
I mean, he has left us here for millions of years and didn't he think we cud get used to this "very awful" earth and even the people we met here?
        What if we get to this paradise at the final end and we don't meet our parents, siblings, spouses . now wouldn't that be more horrible than our wicked world?
  And could you please quote those passages in the Bible that the fact of re-incarnation is evident wink . I really do want to know
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Dorcasde(f): 4:58am On Dec 31, 2007
Solray,

Many thanks for sharing.

I quite agree with you that some visions/dreams are meant for you alone, for the purpose of your maturing. Personally, I have never had issues about relating my dreams with people especially family members because we all seem to be a family of dreamers. Basically, we all have some insights into our past lives. However, the truth is that no matter what people say about your dream/vision, NO ONE can take your personal experience away from you, the worst they can do is to doubt you and perhaps get you confused (if you let them anyway). This is not about the knowledge from a book, but personal experiencing in dreams/visions which is real.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Dorcasde(f): 5:01am On Dec 31, 2007
Sexytitian,

I could send you an 11 page article on Bible accounts that suggest reincarnation. If you are interested, leave your email or check my profile for my email and send a message so that I forward the article to you.

Peace!
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Solray: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2007
Hello Sexytitan!

As a check againt the possibility of getting too used to the earth and the lower lying worlds, a longing for the pure and luminous realms is implanted deep in our being. This causes an inner restlessness that urges us to ever move forward. That is why most of us intuitively feel THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME. There is NO ONE to whom the picture of a higher plane as not been REPEATEDLY SHOWN albeit at various times in the course if his journey on earth or the immedidate beyond. We are ALWAYS ABLE TO SEE OR HAVE IMPRESSED ON US by various means LIFE IN A STEP ABOVE THE CURRENT LEVEL OF LIFE AND SPIRITUAL MATURITY Believe me,a little peep into the nearest plane of light will reveal a beauty so wonderful and enthralling that all the earth promises will pale to little significance.

Return we all MUST. Either fully conssious to enjoy the blessings that pervades paradise or as unconcious spirit germs without a personality. 

The amount of help surrounding us to help us fullfil our goal, daily and hourly, is amazing . Much of it is not recognized,left unused. It takes an extremely stubborn volition,carried on for thousands of years, to maintain the lifestyle capable of binding the spirit to the earthly-material worlds such that he is forced to experience painful this-integration and loss of consciousness in the final reckonning. If after all the repeated opportunities, efforts to call out to him, teach,admonish and warn him he still fails, then he deserves the fate that shall befall him. Tough you would say! But in the end, destroying the personality to permit for a fresh start is the only help that can be afforded such a lost soul. It is Divine Love steeped in Justice.

It is well. We need not live in fear of the judgement. All we need do is constantly keep the lamp of our spirit oiled by the Word of God. Keep the inner flame burning.And when the time comes we shall be borne aloft.

Thank you Dorcasde for offering to help out with articles on evidence of re-incarnation as contained in the Bible.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 6:30am On Jan 01, 2008
. . . Um Dorcasde we have a slight problem, your email address is hidden.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by odiaseo(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2008
I don't believe in re-incarnation neither does the bible suggest it exist, I'll like to have a copy of the 11 page article you talked about if you don't mind
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Dorcasde(f): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2008
sexytitan:

. . . Um Dorcasde we have a slight problem, your email address is hidden. Anyways, mine is gemini_titan05@yahoo.com

Sexytitan,
Happy New Year!
Many thanks for drawing my attention to the fact that my email address was hidden; I've edited my profile. The article has been forwarded to your designated e-box.

Cheers!
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2008
In islam there's no such thing as reincarnation

FIRST : THE BARZAKH (BARRIER)
"When death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back. I will then work righteousness in everything I left." Not true. This is a false claim that he makes. A 'BARZAKH' (BARRIER) will separate his soul from this world until resurrection." (23:99-100)

The above words of God are clear and unambiguous. When a person dies, God takes his/her soul while he is still in the process of imploring God for another chance. As soon as the human dies a barrier is immediately in place. This barrier prevents his/her soul from returning to earth. This barrier is maintained till the Day of Resurrection.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by pilgrim1(f): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2008
mdsocks:

As soon as the human dies a barrier is immediately in place. This barrier prevents his/her soul from returning to earth. This barrier is maintained till the Day of Resurrection.

@mdsocks,

Let me ask a simple question:

Does Islam recognize that a dead person can be raised from the dead BEFORE the Day of resurrection?
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2008
pilgrim

not in an ordinary sense but in miraculous way,if destined by God

Moses asked people to strick a dead boy with part of already slaughtered cow, in surah baqarah, so that he can tell them who killed him. his cousin killed him for the dead boys inheritance.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by pilgrim1(f): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2008
mdsocks:

pilgrim

not in an ordinary sense but in miraculous way,if destined by God

Moses asked people to strick a dead boy with part of already slaughtered cow, in surah baqarah, so that he can tell them who killed him. his cousin killed him for the dead boys inheritance.

@mdsocks,

Once again, thanks for your response. I will not be tedious to you this evening on this subject, even though again the 'striking' the dead with a part of already slaughtered cow really contradicts the coherence of the Mosaic Law (e.g., what was the purpose of the slaughtered cow in all the types of offerings delineated in the Torah?).

However, my concern was about your statement earlier that:

This barrier prevents his/her soul from returning to earth. This barrier is maintained till the Day of Resurrection

. . . which sounded like nobody comes back to life UNTIL that Day!

On the contrary, there are no such "barriers" maintained so as to prevent a soul from being raised from the dead. This is why we read of the miracles in the Bible where Elijah raised a child up (1 Kings 17:22); and Elisha as well raised another child from the dead (2 Kings 4:32-37); and Jesus raised several people from the dead.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2008
Reincarnation happens to refer to a situation where a soul supposedly comes back in another body. This is the belief in many eastern religions. Resurrection on the other hand deals with coming back to life in the same body and the same person.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2008
. . . which sounded like nobody comes back to life UNTIL that Day!

On the contrary, there are no such "barriers" maintained so as to prevent a soul from being raised from the dead. This is why we read of the miracles in the Bible where Elijah raised a child up (1 Kings 17:22); and Elisha as well raised another child from the dead (2 Kings 4:32-37); and Jesus raised several people from the dead.

hmmm, what the verse dealt with was reincarnation and not miralces.

You can note the difference between reincarnation and raising people from the dead.

On the contrary, there are no such "barriers" maintained so as to prevent a soul from being raised from the dead.

If there are no barriers , i think you are supporting reincarnation then, which the Quran does not support.

What the barriers mean :is that men can't return to the earth in another form after been dead,like coming back as a new child,goat or something else.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2008
A friend of mine told me a true life story about a little girl in Calabar many years ago. This incidence I am about to narrate happened when the little girl was 7 years old. The little girl woke up one morning and told her parents she was going to join her family in a nearby county. Her parents were stunned, perhaps they thought she was crazy and tried to shut her up but she refused. The next day, she told her parents she would lead them to her family but before then she would take them to the spot her she was hit by a car which lead to her death and that she would also take them to where she was burried. Good enough, her parents followed her. First of all, she took them to where she was hit by a car, as the owner of the house just by the road saw them looking confused and staring at a spot on the road, he walked up to them to ask what they were looking for/at. They narrated the girl’s tales and the man confirmed that a woman with 7 children was killed by a car at that very spot, 9 years ago ( that is 2 years before the girl was born). Then they asked the man if he knew where the woman’s body was buried, the man said yes. So they told him the little girl would lead them there, she did and the man confirmed it.

Now to her ‘former’ family. I heard the little girl lead them to a compound and the man who joined them on the way confirmed that was the family of the woman who passed on lives there. As they entered, a man was sitting in front of small house in the compound; the girl ran to the man, gave him a hug and introduced herself as his wife who died years ago. To cut it short, the little girl met her former husband and children.

These are works of evil spirits and not reincarnation.

1 Like

Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by pilgrim1(f): 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2008
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

hmmm, what the verse dealt with was reincarnation and not miralces.

I understand that - and I wasn't dealing with reincarnation either. smiley

mdsocks:

You can note the difference between reincarnation and raising people from the dead.

I quite understand the difference.

mdsocks:

If there are no barriers , i think you are supporting reincarnation then, which the Quran does not support

Nope, I wasn't supporting the reincarnation view. That is why I have tried again and again to be clear in my views that I was dealing with people being "raised from the dead", which is not the same thing as 'reincarnation' (the reappearance or a person in another form).

mdsocks:

What the barriers mean :is that men can't return to the earth in another form after been dead,like coming back as a new child,goat or something else.

Lol. . . okay, if you say so. It didn't appear that way initially in your entry, as the 'barrier' you hinted was more like the impossibility of a person being raised from the dead - especially since you intoned that:

When a person dies, God takes his/her soul while he is still in the process of imploring God for another chance.

Cheers.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2008
mdsocks:

These are works of evil spirits and not reincarnation.

I thot evil spirits only come to steal kill and destroy but why didnt those evil spirits do dat, if they really were evil spirits which i totally doubt
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2008
. . . . and dorcasde thanks for sending those articles; they were really revealing and they seemed 100% true. So i guess people do reincarnate after all. I mean everyone should read it
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by bawomol(m): 2:25am On Jan 03, 2008
I also believe in past lives because we are all blobs of energy covered by flesh, and when we die the energy is transfered to another flesh, since energy can't be destroyed, (Law of Conservation of Energy). I think this phenomenon also explains why humans experience Deja Vu, new things seem familiar to us because we've experienced them before.

who says human energy can't be transformed into inanimate things.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Oluchia(f): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2008
I thot evil spirits only come to steal kill and destroy but why didnt those evil spirits do that, if they really were evil spirits which i totally doubt

Not only to kill and destroy, but also to deceive and make people believe a lie which is exactly what the devil is doing. This he started doing right from the garden of Eden when he lied to Eve that 'she shall not surely die' and went ahead to deceive her into eating the forbidden fruit after being warned by God not to or else they will die. And since then, he has not relented in his efforts to make God a liar and thus leading millions astray which is why the Bible calls him 'a liar and the father of all lies' Jn 8:44
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by sexytitan(f): 2:01am On Jan 04, 2008
Oluchia:

Not only to kill and destroy, but also to deceive and make people believe a lie which is exactly what the devil is doing. This he started doing right from the garden of Eden when he lied to Eve that 'she shall not surely die' and went ahead to deceive her into eating the forbidden fruit after being warned by God not to or else they will die. And since then, he has not relented in his efforts to make God a liar and thus leading millions astray which is why the Bible calls him 'a liar and the father of all lies' Jn 8:44
Yeah but it all came to the devil trying to kill humanity.
Anyways, i dont think they were evil spirits because their purpose wasnt to steal, kill or destroy.

bawomol:

who says human energy can't be transformed into inanimate things.
@bawomol
Who says it can.
Re: Did We Really Have Past Lives? by Solray: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
I have read  some posts that seek to put down experiences relating to re-incarnation as induced by evil spirits, coupled with the warning for people to beware of the devil. I would like to say that the ignorance displayed in questions pertaining to the WHAT, WHY, AND HOW of man in creation is sad; the fear in many to investigate is regretable, but to justify this fear, and to a large extent an underlying indolence by quoting scriptures out of context is only deserving of righteous indignation.

We are given the ability and desire to seek knowledge for our spiritual development for it to be put to use. I would say again and again that BELIEF is completely different from TRUTH.

There was a time when man for hundreds of years BELIEVED, "and it was taught in state and religious schools as INFALLIBLE TRUTH" that the earth was flat, and people feared to travel far, less they fall over at the edge "into the depths of certain death and hell". The few early scientists and nature observers who first said the earth was round were persecuted.Today the TRUTH is now known, widely accepted and scientifically proven that the earth is indeed spherical, closer to round than flat. This led to western missionary incursions into sub-saharan Africa

Tydale, the translator of the Revised Standard KJ version of the Bible was burnt alife on the stake, because he dared to differ from many positions held by the church, as was the fate of many people who were declared heretics, witches and executed all across europe's history of martydom. Today most of these positions for which they were cruelly murdered are now accepted.

For students of spirituality, I would say go into nature. In it you will find the LANGUAGE OF TRUTH that GOD eternally speaks. Observe every belief you hold, every scripture against the background of its working and you will find all TRUTHS confirmed. Truth will then cease to be just book/scriptural knowledge that you easily quote or regogitate but one that is based on personal experiencing that you can call YOUR OWN.

Any call to "blind faith and belief" is against the Will of God. It does not lead to raising human beings with a free, clear upward gaze towards Him but only cultivate religious slaves. Our beliefs should grow and become convinctions based on absolute Truth.
I would be happy, and welcome positions that provide answers 'in specific details" to the questions raised concerning re-incarnation. Quoting a few scriptural verses such as " the devil--- but to steal-------" is begging the issue and do not seriously address any of the critical questions raised.

(1) (Reply)

The Improbability Of God / Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? / Which Of These Redeem Or Winners Has The Largest Land Space And Congregation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.