Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Lawan Speaks From Mecca - I Am Not On The Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Speaks From Mecca - I Am Not On The Run (535 Views)

Senator Akpabio Speaks From London, Disowns @senakpabio Twitter Handle / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawan Speaks From Mecca - I Am Not On The Run by visionsen(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2012
Hon Farouk Lawan has said that he is not on the run contrary to insinuations in some quarters, insisting that there is no reason for him to be on the run because he is not afraid of anything.

The former chairman of the adhoc committee of the House of Representatives on fuel subsidy is currently in Mecca on hajj where he spoke yesterday.

Lawan said he was purely in the holy land to perform his religious obligation and not because he had to run from Nigeria.

He promised to return home as soon as the hajj rites were over, insisting that he was innocent of the bribery allegations levelled against him by oil baron, Femi Otedola.

The lawmaker said the reports that he always wept whenever he faced police interrogators on matters relating to the alleged bribe were a calculated attempt to portray him as guilty.

Lawan also said the claim that members of his dissolved committee had disowned him on the bribery charge was misleading.

He stated he was prepared to do anything to clear himself on the alleged bribe.

--Vanguard.
Re: Lawan Speaks From Mecca - I Am Not On The Run by chinaaman(f): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2012
The dud who allowed this thief thief to leave Nigeria should be held responsible if he dosen't come back.

(1) (Reply)

'only In Nigeria'. List One Or Two Things That Happen ONLY In Nigeria? / State Police,no State Police;what Is Your Say On This? / Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.