Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents (17203 Views)

Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by patrikobi: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
ABA: A CITY DESTROYED BY ATTITUDE OF RESIDENTS

I visited Aba recently and can only confirm that the inhabitants of that city could do better than they are doing now. I also regretted observing that the attitude of the people who live there may for a long time be at variance with any developmental ideals of the government given that there is no place in the world that people so behave. This is what I mean:

1. There is a spot at Omenazu (Faulks Road) that is bad. I also understand that the government had tried severally to fix that spot. Assuming Govt did a poor job of fixing that road, the attitude of people around there compounded their woes. The man who owns Micky’s Guest House willfully and mischievously covered the drainage very close to the bad spot.

His neighbors who trade in the evenings covered the remaining with make shift suya ovens and plastic chairs. This is not putting into consideration the conversion of the original water reservoir to the famous ‘ukwu tank’ into a drinking joint. Are the people around there not contributing heavily to the erosion of the road surface?

2. I also moved down to Osusu and was told that unless government musters sufficient political will, the road may remain in bad shape for a long time to come. Again, govt did that road not too long ago. Osusu by Faulks has been taken over by Keke mechanics. By their side is mountain heap of garbage. When I asked, I was told that the inhabitants of that area took government to court over sanitation fees and part of their ‘victory’ was to stop the payment of such fees as they agreed to collect and dispose their own refuse.

Two years after their ‘victory’, their environment is badly degraded, while they take turn to cover drainages. What is the idea behind sellers of lubricants just a little pole from the primary school covering the drainage with their racks? Who built ‘ahia orie osusu’?, the only possible outlet for water to find its way to the right channel. I am sure the govt did not do that? Who owns the block of shops at Osusu by Nwagba? Wouldn’t the people be reasonable enough to realize that their own recklessness is responsible for the poor state of their environment?

3. Do you also know that at the last count, there are over forty boreholes in Osusu Road and all waste water coming from these boreholes are channeled straight into the earth/road surface. The same people also channel waste water from their baths to the main road. Is there any relationship between this dastardly act and the overall state of Osusu Road?

4. Okigwe Road has some elements of sanity, that is why may be the road is still passable.

5. If you go to the area where they sell tyres at Azikiwe, you will be confronted by the recklessness of a people who are their own enemies. Can someone help me differentiate between the drainage and the spot where tyres are littered the whole of Azikiwe? Is their any relationship between the massive flooding around Azikiwe by Asa and the activities of the men who still trade in worn out tyres with impunity?

6. Mosque (Hospital and Jubilee Roads) especially the areas where they call ‘Ama Hausa’ and where fabrics are sold are all covered up. What could be the reason behind building shops on waterways and drainages as commonly found around these areas?

7. Howells Crescent, Pound Road, York, Ube and East ends of Jubilee, Hospital, Market, Ehi and Tenant Roads are in perfect condition because houses and shops around these areas are well spaced out. Why are these roads in almost perfect condition while all the ones in over rail are recklessly eroded by the people themselves?

8. That market called ‘ahia umungasi’ is definitely at the wrong place. Which other city do you see such eye sores other than Aba?

9. If you take a drive from the General Hospital down to where they motocycle lubricants are parts, you will know why that area is hardly passable each time there is light showers. Adults, responsible family men and those who have bad words for the government have covered all the area with corrosive chemicals from lubricants and blocked the drainage with their wares. Is this business or self destruction?

10. Aba is reputed to practice street trading more than any other part of West Africa. This practice has over the years proven to be counterproductive. Yet, the inhabitants of this city look beyond their attitude as reason for the current state of their city.

11. Cant government in Abia insist on knocking off these structures (I understand there are over 5,000 of such structures dotting the streets of Aba) to make way for a beautiful and serene Aba?

I want to us to leave sentiments aside and examine with religious commitment the attitude of Aba residents with a view to establishing if they are the cause of their own woes.

In the coming days, I will x – ray Ariria, Ahia Ohuu and Ekeoha markets. I also hope to bring out salient points to proof that Aba will wear a new look the day the attitude of Aba residents change for the better. In case you did not know, there are lines in Ariaria called ‘gutter line’. Who built them? That is how insensitive a people can be, erecting shops on water ways.

12 Likes

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by nateevs(m): 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
Unfornately, for the very reason of asking to put sentiments aside, you are unlikely to get responses.
I commend you for shoving the blame at the doorsteps of the culprits.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by PaulJohn1: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
The government there isn't doing enough.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by An0nimus: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
It was in Aba I truly understood the term 'flashfloods'..We are the government, that is what some forget.

@OP I'm loving your writeup and will wish you get it to more eyes. Maybe a column on a national daily if possible. Pls post your findings on the other locations when done. Bless.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ekans: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
Poster,you are very right.The average Aba resident has refused to grow with the times.They keep lamenting without contributing their own quota to their own well being.They should borrow a leaf from Onitsha residents who compliment governments little efforts with efforts of their own.Aba residents,una fall hand big time.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by kioboy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Aba residents are too lawless. I remembered whn i wnt to drop a friend close to ama-awusa. I ws still inside d car whn some hungry looking touts rounded me for wrong parking and obstruction of trafic. B4 i could even say a word they hv started losing ma tire. It took d quick intervention of military patrol team for me to get free frm dis hodlums. They are fond of litering d streets and gutters even middle of road.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by sonya4all(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Well all the blame shouldnt be on the government.... Like the writer said the aba residents can be blamed partly as well as govt who collects 1200 asepa fee..With little or nothing to show for the services such money was collected...Also im somehow surprised that the op..Said he recently visited aba...And its amazing how he knows almost all the spots at aba and their names respectively.... Could it be he is an independ journalist or part of the people gov t.A orji hired to praise him in niraland.... I could be wrong....Prove it.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by tucker12(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for the insight. This is a wake up call to good life, and i must say first and foremost it lies within our defined space of change. Personal responsibility cannot be outcast in this review pointed out. Government input to social development is critical, however individual responsibility must out shine government input. I pray the Government will repair these locations and embark on strategic campaign that can change and promote positive individual attitude.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by asha80(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
sonya4all: Well all the blame shouldnt be on the government.... Like the writer said the aba residents can be blamed partly as well as govt who collects 1200 asepa fee..With little or nothing to show for the services such money was collected...Also im somehow surprised that the op..Said he recently visited aba...And its amazing how he knows almost all the spots at aba and their names respectively.... Could it be he is an independ journalist or part of the people gov t.A orji hired to praise him in niraland.... I could be wrong....Prove it.
check his previous posts.he is one of t a orji lackeys.he is actually trying to absolve orji from what aba has turned out to be.what has abia state govt under t a orji done for aba?
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Babaofor(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
I was born and brought up here in Aba and i agree with you totally,to save the city residents need to change their behaviour,for eg,somebody will get to a dustbin which d govt installed in some areas instead of throwing dirt inside he prefers to dump it on the ground,u will see people throwing trash from moving vehicles when all buses have sanitary buckets.and i must add the govt is not doing enough to save the situation.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by abysirius(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Dpeacemaker101: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
There is no government in Aba state, the governor and his son are ruining the state and making life a living hell for it's citizens.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Mandelaguy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
Aba is bearing the brunt of assault by leaders who chose to neglect her because she speaks her mind and has attitude.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by anthokal(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sincerely I tink certain rubbish should not be allowed to be posted here, hw can sum1 foolishly blame de residence instead of de governments is doing nutin to help de citizens. The abia state government is not workin and should be blamed for any misconduct... It is the same residence hu were tasked #20,000 for upstairs and #8000 for bungalow... Wit useless government will do dat, pls don't post rubbish next tym....
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ekans: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
abysirius: For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.
.You are a simple IGNORAMUMU,what do you know about onitsha that you will write rubbish about the town?.Which part of Onitsha is as dirty as Port harcourt rd in Aba?

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ekans: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
abysirius: For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Waltro(m): 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Aba is a lawless savage city. Was there in 2011 and it was as if I travelled back in time to the lagos of 1991. The people of that town need to wake up and move with the times, as "backward" as Nigeria is Aba is still much far behind than other Nigerian cities. And please I'm not talking about backwardness in economic terms or activity (because I know peeps will come here and start saying that Aba has the biggest market in africa and blah blah blah), I'm talking about the society itself....the people are very uncivilized. This is me speaking, sentiments aside.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by noniboy231(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dat town aba is very very lawless
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by donigspain(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
@OP,
Abeg 4get dat tin jor. Na who u wan deceive? If T.A Orji paid u for dis ur campaign tell am say una two don fail elephantly. We just dey count time make im days finish for office. WE NO GET GOVERNOR!!!

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by donigspain(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Waltro: Aba is a lawless savage city. Was there in 2011 and it was as if I travelled back in time to the lagos of 1991. The people of that town need to wake up and move with the times, as "backward" as Nigeria is Aba is still much far behind than other Nigerian cities. And please I'm not talking about backwardness in economic terms or activity (because I know peeps will come here and start saying that Aba has the biggest market in africa and blah blah blah), I'm talking about the society itself....the people are very uncivilized. This is me speaking, sentiments aside.
Development brings civilization... When the government starts working then the people will have no choice than to change.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by donigspain(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
noniboy231: Dat town aba is very very lawless
Because there is no GOVERNMENT.
GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by donigspain(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
anthokal: Sincerely I tink certain rubbish should not be allowed to be posted here, hw can sum1 foolishly blame de residence instead of de governments is doing nutin to help de citizens. The abia state government is not workin and should be blamed for any misconduct... It is the same residence hu were tasked #20,000 for upstairs and #8000 for bungalow... Wit useless government will do dat, pls don't post rubbish next tym....
My bro, leave those people alone. They are T.A Orji's '500 NOKIA C-1' boys.
Aba residents have paid all their dues. The sort of broad daylight extortion going on in Aba is heartbreaking.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by donigspain(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
An0nimus: It was in Aba I truly understood the term 'flashfloods'..We are the government, that is what some forget.

@OP I'm loving your writeup and will wish you get it to more eyes. Maybe a column on a national daily if possible. Pls post your findings on the other locations when done. Bless.
Flash floods ko, Cash floods ni.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Dede1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
patrikobi: ABA: A CITY DESTROYED BY ATTITUDE OF RESIDENTS

I visited Aba recently and can only confirm that the inhabitants of that city could do better than they are doing now. I also regretted observing that the attitude of the people who live there may for a long time be at variance with any developmental ideals of the government given that there is no place in the world that people so behave. This is what I mean:

1. There is a spot at Omenazu (Faulks Road) that is bad. I also understand that the government had tried severally to fix that spot. Assuming Govt did a poor job of fixing that road, the attitude of people around there compounded their woes. The man who owns Micky’s Guest House willfully and mischievously covered the drainage very close to the bad spot.

His neighbors who trade in the evenings covered the remaining with make shift suya ovens and plastic chairs. This is not putting into consideration the conversion of the original water reservoir to the famous ‘ukwu tank’ into a drinking joint. Are the people around there not contributing heavily to the erosion of the road surface?

2. I also moved down to Osusu and was told that unless government musters sufficient political will, the road may remain in bad shape for a long time to come. Again, govt did that road not too long ago. Osusu by Faulks has been taken over by Keke mechanics. By their side is mountain heap of garbage. When I asked, I was told that the inhabitants of that area took government to court over sanitation fees and part of their ‘victory’ was to stop the payment of such fees as they agreed to collect and dispose their own refuse.

Two years after their ‘victory’, their environment is badly degraded, while they take turn to cover drainages. What is the idea behind sellers of lubricants just a little pole from the primary school covering the drainage with their racks? Who built ‘ahia orie osusu’?, the only possible outlet for water to find its way to the right channel. I am sure the govt did not do that? Who owns the block of shops at Osusu by Nwagba? Wouldn’t the people be reasonable enough to realize that their own recklessness is responsible for the poor state of their environment?

3. Do you also know that at the last count, there are over forty boreholes in Osusu Road and all waste water coming from these boreholes are channeled straight into the earth/road surface. The same people also channel waste water from their baths to the main road. Is there any relationship between this dastardly act and the overall state of Osusu Road?

4. Okigwe Road has some elements of sanity, that is why may be the road is still passable.

5. If you go to the area where they sell tyres at Azikiwe, you will be confronted by the recklessness of a people who are their own enemies. Can someone help me differentiate between the drainage and the spot where tyres are littered the whole of Azikiwe? Is their any relationship between the massive flooding around Azikiwe by Asa and the activities of the men who still trade in worn out tyres with impunity?

6. Mosque (Hospital and Jubilee Roads) especially the areas where they call ‘Ama Hausa’ and where fabrics are sold are all covered up. What could be the reason behind building shops on waterways and drainages as commonly found around these areas?

7. Howells Crescent, Pound Road, York, Ube and East ends of Jubilee, Hospital, Market, Ehi and Tenant Roads are in perfect condition because houses and shops around these areas are well spaced out. Why are these roads in almost perfect condition while all the ones in over rail are recklessly eroded by the people themselves?

8. That market called ‘ahia umungasi’ is definitely at the wrong place. Which other city do you see such eye sores other than Aba?

9. If you take a drive from the General Hospital down to where they motocycle lubricants are parts, you will know why that area is hardly passable each time there is light showers. Adults, responsible family men and those who have bad words for the government have covered all the area with corrosive chemicals from lubricants and blocked the drainage with their wares. Is this business or self destruction?

10. Aba is reputed to practice street trading more than any other part of West Africa. This practice has over the years proven to be counterproductive. Yet, the inhabitants of this city look beyond their attitude as reason for the current state of their city.

11. Cant government in Abia insist on knocking off these structures (I understand there are over 5,000 of such structures dotting the streets of Aba) to make way for a beautiful and serene Aba?

I want to us to leave sentiments aside and examine with religious commitment the attitude of Aba residents with a view to establishing if they are the cause of their own woes.

In the coming days, I will x – ray Ariria, Ahia Ohuu and Ekeoha markets. I also hope to bring out salient points to proof that Aba will wear a new look the day the attitude of Aba residents change for the better. In case you did not know, there are lines in Ariaria called ‘gutter line’. Who built them? That is how insensitive a people can be, erecting shops on water ways.

I do not agree with author in his/her blame game. The author should also arrogate much of the blame to him/her self. If I may suggest, the blame should be heaped on the cross-section of electorates in Abia State and writers such as the author of the above piece.

I had used Owerri and Ohakim for example. Ohakim may have been a competent embezzler but he tried to keep Owerri clean. During his term in the office, all the stalls along Douglas Road were demolished. The same fate was applied to every stall in Owerri that has taken over roadway in Owerri, Amakohia and Oji. However, in the process of destroying the stalls and keeping the drainage system open, the Ohakim was branded callous, wicked and shouts about his embezzlement maintained the highest decibels in the land. He was called the enemy of the common man and Jesus Christ too. The same scenario showed up in Oshodi, Lagos State where Fashola decided to bulldoze the stalls and structures along Oshodi Expressway.

Three months after the wicked, callous and unrighteous Ohakim was voted out of office, Douglas Road was overtaken by rubbish generated by Eke Onunwa Market. Other roadways and outlets such as School Rd, Old Market Rd and Royce Rd have been closed down due to roadside trading activities. The present governor of Imo State rides on top of the rubbish along Douglass Rd while shouting awareness to undiscerning crowd and in turn, the masses are hailing him as God sent and man of good heart.

In case of the pitiful condition of Aba, the moronic T. Orji of Abia State should be held responsible for the deplorable nature of Enyimba City.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Heck: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
abysirius

For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.

Examine yourself, you may have been to Aba, but Aba did not pass through you, The OP is incontrovertible....Ijiot
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by noholdsbarred(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
I wonder what you'd say about Aba-Owerri Road...I guess it's the people to stay around the express-way that have caused the road to be as bad as it is. Ever since I moved to Aba over 2 years ago, I've never seen anything the government of Abia State have done for the state. You can only know that there's a government when there's some kind of levy to be collected. I agree with you that the people have stunted growth, to some extent, by way of their attitude but absolving the government of all blame is not being totally honest and thorough.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obicentlis: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
I like the comprehensive look which the OP did but I want to correct you cos I was born , breed and presently working in Aba. Though the residents are not doing enough but the blame should go the useless Government that its not doing anything in Aba. Why are you elected as the Governor? You elected do correct the wrong of the people by making laws that mst be followed. There is no single govt presence in Aba, no single road is motor able, no single infrastructure. Where do you expect the people to take their house hold refuse to? Every year, my house pay @ least 55k plus 100k to d govt for sanitation and infrastructure levies which amount to billions of naira to d state govt. What re this money? In absence of govt help, where do you expect the resident to dispose refuse? I go like 10kms everyday cos I want to dispose refuse. The pple that re into the business cannt come to the street due to there is no road for them. This thread should have being for the Governor to sit up and stop embezzling the state fund.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obicentlis: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
I like the comprehensive look which the OP did but I want to correct you cos I was born , breed and presently working in Aba. Though the residents are not doing enough but the blame should go the useless Government that its not doing anything in Aba. Why are you elected as the Governor? You elected do correct the wrong of the people by making laws that mst be followed. There is no single govt presence in Aba, no single road is motor able, no single infrastructure. Where do you expect the people to take their house hold refuse to? Every year, my house pay @ least 55k plus 100k to d govt for sanitation and infrastructure levies which amount to billions of naira to d state govt. What re this money? In absence of govt help, where do you expect the resident to dispose refuse? I go like 10kms everyday cos I want to dispose refuse. The pple that re into the business cannt come to the street due to there is no road for them. This thread should have being for the Governor to sit up and stop embezzling the state fund.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by EagleNest(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
Aba is an epitome of failed government. I class Aba as 'No Man's Land' b/c there is little or no government presence.
It's the job of government to organise and regulate the people and their activities within the confine of the law. Failure to do so will lead to anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obicentlis: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obicentlis: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by pazienza(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
The op must be T.A Orji paid agent. I have been in aba for a year plus now,and am yet to witness a road construction by abia state government here. Aba people are hard working people,they were just cursed with bad leaders.

After visiting ngwa road,around ohanku side, i cried for aba,but that was before i visited places like umuosi and it's surroundings,there is simply no functioning government in abia,the people are left to do the work of the goverment.

I once went to aba south lga to ask them what they are doing about the heaps of refuse that is now causing hold up at asa road,i was informed that the governor took the sanitation job from them and used it to settle some politicians,who know next to nothing about refuse management,but run ASEPA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators In Uganda For Graduation Of 200 Indigenes Of Sokoto - Photos / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole / NAF Destroys Boko Haram Terrorists Logistics Base, Vehicles in Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.