Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents (17205 Views)

Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by saintiyke(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2012
Where is that sychophant poster?

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: Yet there is hope.

this must be UMUAHIA
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2012
dan jalingo: lawless is a sign govt failure. gaskya

THANK U BROS
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Lordmike: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2012
but Aba is a Lawless city no doubt it,. However what is T.Orji doing to improve Aba, the problem is the govt not the citizens, the Govt of Abia state should develop Aba and then create laws to make the city a Lawfull city.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2012
Abali1:

My dear thanks for your post. Obviously Patrikobi, the op think that there are no Aba resident on NL.
I will pay sanitation fee and I will still do all the sanitation work myself, only for T.A Orji and his goons to share the money and think up other ways to make residents pay for infrastructural fee, Building fitness fee and other useless fees that ranges from 6,000 to 20,000.

If anyone know Immaculate road and Nweke road before orji Uzor kalu came in, then they must know that the op is just a useless T.A. Apologist. Then (pre Kalu's tenure) immaculate during rainy season was a no go area, but Kalu carried a massive and lasting construction on that road, with drainages. And that road is still motorable even till today, and it was in Kalu's first tenure (before mamacracy), he did likewise to Nweke.

The op stated that T.A did some of the roads recently, please he should enlighten us where and where T.A did recently. So he wants Ahia Umungasi to be demolished just like Stock fish market at Ossissioma was demolished and T.A was STUPIDLY copying fashola who put up a garden at Oshodi. I laugh in swahilli.

If Patrikobi, the Op, want his boss to be praised by Aba indigens (I doubt if that will happen in this lifetime) he should go to the man he "seriously look up to" Fashola and humbly take some lesson from him. The op should also tell him, that if he likes he and his son can buy up the whole of Umuahia, nay Abia state, but he will not stay after 2015 to enjoy those properties. (He should know better, at least he is aware what happened to Duru)

T.A. Orji has failed Abia. Before 2011 election, the reason he gave was that he spent his first tenure fighting his former boss, Now who is T.A fighting? Abegi make op and all other T.A apologist that will want to come here and advertise incompetence comot for road make we see better governors.

Akpokwa Governors, T.A ezuezuru puta...

ALTHOUGH ORJI UZOR KALU WAS A BIT BETTER THAN T.A ORJI BUT BOTH OF THEM STILL HATE ABA NGWA
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by oneeast: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2012
stpat1: I was in Aba for the first time a few days back, I'm so happy that you pointed out the facts about the city. You rarely see a place as dirty and disorganized as Aba in these modern days.

You are really on point.

+1000
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by emindu: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2012
AS a child growing up in the commercial city of Aba, Abia state in the early eighties, I knew the city had a lot of environmental challenges that appeared insurmountable at a time, despite several efforts by successive governments in the state to tackle them.

It was obvious, however, to the residents then that governments were not committed and sincere in tackling the problems.

Top on the list of the environmental challenges in the city then were flooding and refuse disposal. Both of them posed serious threat to our health and environmental wellbeing even as we no choice but to endure the hazard. Apart from the indiscriminate dumping of refuse at almost every corner, the odour oozing out from it was enough to make one sick all the time.

As more people trooped into the city for commercial activities and other means of eking out a living, the more the challenges took a dangerous dimension, as there were no places for refuse disposal.

So most times residents dump their refuse into the drainage, especially at night, believing it would be washed away by flood when it rained. Some streets and roads were taken over by heaps of refuse and people avoided using such roads and streets for fear of being infected.

It was a situation that worsened the environmental challenges in the city as most drainage channels were totally blocked, making it possible for flood to take over majority of the roads in the city whenever it rained.

I could remember how our parents would always prevent us from going out whenever it was raining to avoid being carried away by flood or being infected in the contaminated flood.

That was my experience and that of my people in the city then. By the time I finished my secondary education in the early nineties I left the city for further education in Enugu, though I visited there occasionally to buy clothes while I was in the university because of the presence of good tailors there.

With the return of democracy in 1999, I had thought that the city and state capital, Umuahia, would receive adequate attention from the state government, especially in tackling the environmental challenges.

But disappointedly I didn’t witness such intervention from the government when I visited the city again in 2005 while doing my national youth service programme in Cross River State. One of my friends there told me that the government had continued to promise the residents of plans to clear the heaps of refuse at various dump sites that had become an eye sore, but nothing was ever done.

So it was a hopeless situation in Aba and for years I didn’t go there again until recently when I was in Umuahia for some days on official duty. Every morning from my hotel room window, I saw some waste disposal trucks with the inscription of the Abia State Environment Protection Agency, ASEPA, carrying waste and some street sweepers sweeping the roads and watering the flowers planted on the dualised roads in the capital. On inquiry how such development was made possible and whether such has been extended to the commercial city of Aba, I was informed that the present government in the state made it possible with the revival of ASEPA and equipping the agency with the necessary facilities, including more than 28 waste disposal trucks, Eco poer truck, tippers, receptacles, bulldozers, graders, domestic waste bins, weight waste containers, motor vehicle waste basket, bio-degradable waste bag and others.

This was after the state government terminated the arrangement it entered into with Phoenix Environmental Service Limited for failure to live up to expectation in managing refuse in Aba. The government later entered into agreement with ANCOLD Environmental to work in partnership with ASEPA to ensure the clearing of waste disposal in Aba.

Based on the popular adage which says that “seeing is believing”, I made out time and visited Aba to see things myself and also see some of my friends after some years. On getting to the city, right from the popular and notorious Osisioma Junction, it was obvious that there was a massive improvement in the tackling of environmental challenges in the city. Flowers have been planted at junctions with a beautification design and demarcation I found very attractive. There was no traffic jams or congestion at the junction right down to the Aba/Owerri road. Most of the known refuse dump sites in the city were empty, with disposal trucks on every street packing waste. Most of the drainage channels were cleared and clean. I could not believe that it was the same filthy city I left few years ago.

I learnt also that ASEPA introduced a unique waste sorting device known as medical waste management devise, a very special environmental management approach designed for sorting out medical-related waste for effective disposal. My friends told me that residents who infringe on environmental laws are charged to mobile courts established by the state government.

This, I was told, has made the residents of the city, especially traders, to change their attitude towards managing refuse to avoid incurring the wrath of the law. So in Aba and Umuahia today, the fear of ASEPA is the beginning of wisdom for the residents, especially those who are not ready to obey the environmental laws of keeping their environments clean all the times.

The state government’s spirited effort in managing waste in the state now, especially in Aba and Umuahia, is commendable and the residents should complement them by adhering strictly to the rules of the game in disposing their refuse because it is no longer business as usual.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ama28(f): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2012
@ Poster I simply refuse to see Aba from the attitude of residents like you do.
You said Osusu road was built? You are so wrong. Pls when was it bulit and bu which construction company?
The gutter in Osusu road was cleaned by prisoners, all the refuse inside were left on the road. When the rainy season came, it all went back inside. Osusu road has not been used for the past 8years. People using that road to connect to Ama ogbonna pass through st eugene to join it. Get your facts straight. The pot whole in the osusu road after 111 osusu will swallow am entire vehicle. I hope u don't assume it developed over night.
The governor three months ago worked on the samek road and also on ukwu mango (ariaria). That road is. Worse than he met it presently because he practically pour paint on it in the name of coal tar.

Aba is a city that during orji Uzo kalu's first tenure he built aba owerri road and in his 2nd tenure his own car couldn't pass the same road cos he used sub standard products to build road.
In all your appraisal of Aba, tell me presently what you saw there that indicated the presence opf government there. Yet they voted and their vote were rigged to bring in your semi slowpoke bro as governor
Your write up is cheer hypocrisy because the work of the government is to maintain law and order. So why won't his government regulate building construction or pull down micky guest house. No city in this country can survive the treatment the residents of Aba received without getting worse than Aba is right now.
Roads and drainages are government responsibility, the okigwe road you are trying to make excuse for the residents is the one carrying heavy load now as omenazu/faulks is no longer valid. I will wait for ur excuse when that road fails!
Did I forget to say Aba residents paid N13000 per flat(both landlords and tenant) for road maintanance to Abia State government! The tout of a governor hired his fellow touts to arrest residents from their home throughout the city until they paid!
Mr goody goody writer kindly ask T Orji your miserable godfather what he did with that money! In which other state did residence pay for road maintainace.
Poster, go and hide your face in shame mr judge!
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by zeal500: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2012
NO GOVERNMENT EXIST IN ABIA STATE
A criminal is just parading himself as the GANG leader as looting the state dry
God save ABIANS
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by emindu: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2012
AS a child growing up in the commercial city of Aba, Abia state in the early eighties, I knew the city had a lot of environmental challenges that appeared insurmountable at a time, despite several efforts by successive governments in the state to tackle them.

It was obvious, however, to the residents then that governments were not committed and sincere in tackling the problems.

Top on the list of the environmental challenges in the city then were flooding and refuse disposal. Both of them posed serious threat to our health and environmental wellbeing even as we no choice but to endure the hazard. Apart from the indiscriminate dumping of refuse at almost every corner, the odour oozing out from it was enough to make one sick all the time.

As more people trooped into the city for commercial activities and other means of eking out a living, the more the challenges took a dangerous dimension, as there were no places for refuse disposal.

So most times residents dump their refuse into the drainage, especially at night, believing it would be washed away by flood when it rained. Some streets and roads were taken over by heaps of refuse and people avoided using such roads and streets for fear of being infected.

It was a situation that worsened the environmental challenges in the city as most drainage channels were totally blocked, making it possible for flood to take over majority of the roads in the city whenever it rained.

I could remember how our parents would always prevent us from going out whenever it was raining to avoid being carried away by flood or being infected in the contaminated flood.

That was my experience and that of my people in the city then. By the time I finished my secondary education in the early nineties I left the city for further education in Enugu, though I visited there occasionally to buy clothes while I was in the university because of the presence of good tailors there.

With the return of democracy in 1999, I had thought that the city and state capital, Umuahia, would receive adequate attention from the state government, especially in tackling the environmental challenges.

But disappointedly I didn’t witness such intervention from the government when I visited the city again in 2005 while doing my national youth service programme in Cross River State. One of my friends there told me that the government had continued to promise the residents of plans to clear the heaps of refuse at various dump sites that had become an eye sore, but nothing was ever done.

So it was a hopeless situation in Aba and for years I didn’t go there again until recently when I was in Umuahia for some days on official duty. Every morning from my hotel room window, I saw some waste disposal trucks with the inscription of the Abia State Environment Protection Agency, ASEPA, carrying waste and some street sweepers sweeping the roads and watering the flowers planted on the dualised roads in the capital. On inquiry how such development was made possible and whether such has been extended to the commercial city of Aba, I was informed that the present government in the state made it possible with the revival of ASEPA and equipping the agency with the necessary facilities, including more than 28 waste disposal trucks, Eco poer truck, tippers, receptacles, bulldozers, graders, domestic waste bins, weight waste containers, motor vehicle waste basket, bio-degradable waste bag and others.

This was after the state government terminated the arrangement it entered into with Phoenix Environmental Service Limited for failure to live up to expectation in managing refuse in Aba. The government later entered into agreement with ANCOLD Environmental to work in partnership with ASEPA to ensure the clearing of waste disposal in Aba.

Based on the popular adage which says that “seeing is believing”, I made out time and visited Aba to see things myself and also see some of my friends after some years. On getting to the city, right from the popular and notorious Osisioma Junction, it was obvious that there was a massive improvement in the tackling of environmental challenges in the city. Flowers have been planted at junctions with a beautification design and demarcation I found very attractive. There was no traffic jams or congestion at the junction right down to the Aba/Owerri road. Most of the known refuse dump sites in the city were empty, with disposal trucks on every street packing waste. Most of the drainage channels were cleared and clean. I could not believe that it was the same filthy city I left few years ago.

I learnt also that ASEPA introduced a unique waste sorting device known as medical waste management devise, a very special environmental management approach designed for sorting out medical-related waste for effective disposal. My friends told me that residents who infringe on environmental laws are charged to mobile courts established by the state government.

This, I was told, has made the residents of the city, especially traders, to change their attitude towards managing refuse to avoid incurring the wrath of the law. So in Aba and Umuahia today, the fear of ASEPA is the beginning of wisdom for the residents, especially those who are not ready to obey the environmental laws of keeping their environments clean all the times.

The state government’s spirited effort in managing waste in the state now, especially in Aba and Umuahia, is commendable and the residents should complement them by adhering strictly to the rules of the game in disposing their refuse because it is no longer business as usual.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by emindu: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2012

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by nduchucks: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2012
@emindu, if you were impressed with the current state of affairs in Aba, I'm afraid you have become accustomed with filth and mediocrity, or you are a paid government goon.

Go to Ariara market today and see for yourself, stop the deceit. Olodo

SMH
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by saintiyke(m): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=emindu]AS a child growing up in the commercial city of Aba, Abia state in the early eighties, I knew the city had a lot of environmental challenges that appeared insurmountable at a time, despite several efforts by successive governments in the state to tackle them.

[/] PAID AGENT....HE IS THE SAME POSTER...u can spot them by their words "i learnt" "i was informed" "i enquired" cock and bull story
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Mightyify(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sir, i beg to disagree with some of your arguement. Though, Aba people contributed to some of their environment hazzards but the govt has done little to help. E.g when it comes to closing down okadas d govt enforced d law completely, i dnt understand why d cant take drastical steps in enforcing oda laws dat cud beta d lives of aba pple? If he did it in okada wats stoping him in oda burning matters? So both govt nd d pple r 2 blame.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by MrEverest(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Chinom: I have never been to Aba before. Looking at those pictures, i don't think i would be going there anytime in the future. Enugu, the coal-city is it for me.
Then its either you are a kid or unambitious. I was born in Aba, were i grew up and have lived in port Harcourt, Lagos, Owerri, Lokoja and Abuja but believe me Aba has a lot of opportunities waiting to be tapped, so if you dont visit Aba then its your loss!
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by YoungGovernor1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
It is obvious that this article is from "T.A Orji Political Supporter" for the unseen development claims in Aba Nwga and Abia State at large.

And I will advice the writer not to publish this type of junks again, otherwise come out openly on any of the National Newspaper to prove your points, because there are so many of us who will put you in your place.

The question is, Where is the implementation of these long-standing promises and Projects Plans of our Leaders in Abia State, of which the present Governor T.A Orji is not an exception for these development promises?.

Judging from the writer's narrative of his movement around Aba in search of misconduct of the people which he deemed has compounded to woes or undevelopment of Aba, there is no doubt that such research didn't happen in vain.

It is either his seeking one political appointment from the present Governor T.A Orji or his a benefactor of his Government.

The major fact any reasonable person should be talking about is on the deplorable State of "ABA NGWA" and Its Environs.

The Past and present Governors have done nothing about it yet ABA generates the largest chunk of Abia State's Internal Generated Revenue.

Still ABA NGWA Is A DISASTER AREA Since the last 12 years, no single development has taken place in Aba with more than 2 million people population.

Investors and investment has dried up. There is no motorable road anywhere in Aba at this time. In fact I paid forty naira (#40) to a hustling guy to carry me on his back and cross flood in one of the roads in ABA.

Roads are not just bad, they are broken into two or three impassable locations. Some of the roads are almost impossible for pedestrians to use.

Dirt and filth has overtaken the whole city and what is the work of Sanitation authority? Is it that the ministry of Environment is not active in the past and present Government or that the anchoring leader is impotent?

"Don't you have thinking faculty to see that the people has been pushed through a concrete wall to do any how through Government irresponsibility and insensitivity that has filled the air"

A breakdown of law and order in a family between wife and husband, father and children, can only exits when the power of the house refused to tackle his obligations as the head of the family so it is between Government and Its Citizens.

Development will never come if people like you are having such impression and supporting bad leadership.

My friend, there is a great difference between " Rulership and Leadership" what our past and present political heads has been practising is "OLD-AGE RULERSHIP"

Aba has been Abandoned for years but I want to assure you that the development and result we need is coming 2015....

I am personally ready for them.

Is wrong for person like you to come up with this type of conclusion that there is no place in the world that people behave like the residence in Aba, then I will boldly tell you that there is no place in Nigeria as undeveloped as Abia State and Aba Nwga as major point, caused and rooted by bad leadership.

There is great different between Government patching pothalls and major road construction.

Haven't you been in places like (Imo State, Rivers State, Lagos State, Akwa Ibom State) What did you see?

The development of those places attributed to the good attitude of the residence and any visitor. You don't need a prophet to tell you not to throw trash and rubbish on the road etc.

The Bible says that " Cleanliness is equal to Holiness" so is development. Development is the ignition to good conduct and behaviour of the people.

Development brings civilisation... No resident of Aba is the caused of undevelopment woes in Aba.

Our political heads should STOP Ruling and START Leading, then the people will have no choice than to change.

No State is lawless. Government should do the right thing and law will be abide.

I cannot say we don't have Governor in Abia State, but the message I want you to pass to the person your working for is that " we have impotent Governor without human conscience"

One unhappy story among several others that seem to play out more prominently is the lack of constructive development within Abia state, NOT- "ABA: A CITY DESTROYED BY ATTITUDE OF RESIDENTS". As far as I'm concern, this is BULLSHIT.

The state and its present Governor should begin to respond to the imperatives of quality development not fixing of pot holes on our damage roads. That is not project.

What has the Governor, T.A. Orji done to empower the bright technical talents of Abia Youths which are the future of tomorrow in Abia?

Aba is home to thousands of vocational outfits run by youths of unbridled energy with unqualified propensity for innovations. You see the dynamic array of jostling youths eking living from very basic personal inventions powered by innate drive & success-curiosity.

Igbo youths typifies the spirit of self-enterprise and innovative realism. They are quiet essential technology asset if properly managed.

But I will boldly announce to you that 2015 begins "THE ERA OF YOUNG POLITICIANS in Abia State to bring the desire change that the people need.

Governor T.A.Orji, should have concentrated on the very many realities starring his face than The ill-Informed ripples over the Sack of Non-Indigenous Workers in Abia State Public Service!!!

Our vision is that Abia State should become an economically vibrant State with numerous agro-industrial concerns;

A State committed to the welfare, health education & happiness of its citizens;

A State providing opportunities for self-actualization through investments in education, infrastructure & human capital & producing a workforce that can compete with any in the world;

A business-friendly, Environment and Government whose guiding principles shall be transparency, accountability, integrity, equity & honesty.

But the Question Is,

Where is the implementation of these long-standing promises & Objectives of our Leaders?

By: UFOMBA, Gabriel Chinedu.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by nkemKalu: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
If I may ask the person that posted this thread a question....OSHODI in Lagos and ABA WHICH ONE USED TO BE WORST? VISIT AGODO NEAR CELE EGBE AND SEE THE AMOUNT OF WORK THE FASHOLA GOVERNMENT HAS DONE BEFORE U START BLAMING THE INHABITANTS OF ABA. TODAY, THE LAWLESSNESS IN OSHODI HAS DISAPPEARED DUE TO THE HARD WORK OF THE GOVERNOR. I THINK THIS IS A CASE OF BAD CARPENTER COMPLAINING ABOUT TOOLS. THE GOVERNMENT OF ABIA STATE IS A VERY BAD ONE AS I STRONGLY BELIEVE THE GOVERNEMENT CAN ALWAYS HAVE ITS WAY IF IT IS DETERMINED TO DO A GOOD JOB. T. A. ORJI AND HIS ENTIRE CABINET ARE MCHEWEEE......BABOONS AND BAFFOONS..PERIOD
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by ijemomo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is indeed a good write up. In as much as I may agree dt d attitude of d pple have a lot to do on d developmentals dt would trickle down to d masses,I insist dt a govt dt is determined to do gd will surmon d political will to bring dev to d pple no matter whose ox is gouge. It was done in Enugu, where pple castigated d govt & even tried resisting d demolition of 'illegal' structures,but today we are all singing a new song! Gov Chime is focussed&indeed visionary!he has indeed restored d lost glory of d state. This is what Aba & indeed Abia state needs in general,then d attitude u talk of will fall in line.A massive enlightenment& educational campaign will take of d attitude orientation (NOA),also d use of task force,law enforcement agencies,etc will do d job.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by ijemomo(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
U v ignorantly voted d T.A Orji's administrated a vote of no confidence! What U'r sayn is dt a lawless society is more powerful dn an elected government! This is a clear case of an incompetent administration.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Shadbay(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
Aba is in more or less a state of anarchy...OP,according to ur write-up, you said that the city is in pure mess. Yes,i agree with u but if there were a government in Aba,do u think that the city will be deepburied in squalor? Thats what u should have asked urself. What can u say about a government dat doesnt care about the environmental situation of its commercial hub? They only think of the revenue the city will bring aside that they dont give a hoot. I live in Aba and i can tell u that i cant remember the last time any road in aba was repaired talk more of building new ones. The citizens are suffering and yet that doesnt hinder them carrying out their commercial activities. Why should they care when the government doesnt care about their welfare? Come to Ariaria and you will see the true situation of Aba. A whole "International market" is filth. Of recent,traders in ariaria are jointly contributing money to see to the drainage problem and yet they even pay their taxes,shop rent,security levy ,bla bla bla
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by MMM2(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
Aba nugi aba aguo
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by emindu: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
many people have said one good things and another,while some have been of the note that T.A has down-played Abia state governance ,whatsoever ,every man is entitled to their opinion based on his perception of the present administration,because we are in a democratic ruling and we all have the civil right to air our views in what way we observe things however, on a personal note,i will in-turn say that we need to put on hands on desk to help the governor ochendo in championing the affair of this great state,it is something honorary if we acknowledge the fact that Abia state belongs to us and it's our to take care of,we are the stewards of the state,and we are going to give account of the contribution we have made to project the image of Abia in the best way we should....as all these new pro
ject that the governor is putting on ground at newly existing sites and locations should be well accorded with more recognition and accolade,but on the contrary ,some people kept a blind eyes like they are not seeing it....we must carry it as an obligation to always support the good administration of T.A,orchestrate a good manner of initiative,work ethic and patriotism and move Abia forward....ABIA IS OURS,ABIA IS A GREAT STATE.....SUPPORT YOUR LEADERS,CRITICIZE RIGHTLY,DON'T ABUSE YOUR LEADERS,DON'T MALIGN THEM,DON'T DEROGATE THEM,LET TRUTH BE YOUR KEY WORD,LET UNDERSTANDING AND PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE REIGN AMONG US,WE ALL ARE BROTHERS AND SISTER...and the governor himself needs our own idea to excel,most times its never easy doing a huge task of that magnitude.... BUT AM NOT SAYING HE HAS FALLING SHORT OF HIS EXPECTATION,meanwhile he has been outstanding at this very second RUN,lets be honest....all we should do is give directives,give him advice,no advice has been irrelevant,but on the contrary,many have been listening to his opposition to post fake pictures of dungs,filthy images,mostly of estranged cities that never had any connection with Abia state,say snide things,as such can not bring us the desire goals we crave for.....let us be good citizens.......if the little you can do is pray,keep praying for Abia ,that is a way a patriotic man exhibits penchant for his fatherland....thank you umu abia...
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Abali1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
manugbo:

ALTHOUGH ORJI UZOR KALU WAS A BIT BETTER THAN T.A ORJI BUT BOTH OF THEM STILL HATE ABA NGWA

Please I hold no brief for Orji Uzor Kalu, but I will like to know why you made that assertion. If my memory serves me right, OUK has always CLAIMED to be an Aba boy.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ama28(f): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
emindu: many people have said one good things and another,while some have been of the note that T.A has down-played Abia state governance ,whatsoever ,every man is entitled to their opinion based on his perception of the present administration,because we are in a democratic ruling and we all have the civil right to air our views in what way we observe things however, on a personal note,i will in-turn say that we need to put on hands on desk to help the governor ochendo in championing the affair of this great state,it is something honorary if we acknowledge the fact that Abia state belongs to us and it's our to take care of,we are the stewards of the state,and we are going to give account of the contribution we have made to project the image of Abia in the best way we should....as all these new pro
ject that the governor is putting on ground at newly existing sites and locations should be well accorded with more recognition and accolade,but on the contrary ,some people kept a blind eyes like they are not seeing it....we must carry it as an obligation to always support the good administration of T.A,orchestrate a good manner of initiative,work ethic and patriotism and move Abia forward....ABIA IS OURS,ABIA IS A GREAT STATE.....SUPPORT YOUR LEADERS,CRITICIZE RIGHTLY,DON'T ABUSE YOUR LEADERS,DON'T MALIGN THEM,DON'T DEROGATE THEM,LET TRUTH BE YOUR KEY WORD,LET UNDERSTANDING AND PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE REIGN AMONG US,WE ALL ARE BROTHERS AND SISTER...and the governor himself needs our own idea to excel,most times its never easy doing a huge task of that magnitude.... BUT AM NOT SAYING HE HAS FALLING SHORT OF HIS EXPECTATION,meanwhile he has been outstanding at this very second RUN,lets be honest....all we should do is give directives,give him advice,no advice has been irrelevant,but on the contrary,many have been listening to his opposition to post fake pictures of dungs,filthy images,mostly of estranged cities that never had any connection with Abia state,say snide things,as such can not bring us the desire goals we crave for.....let us be good citizens.......if the little you can do is pray,keep praying for Abia ,that is a way a patriotic man exhibits penchant for his fatherland....thank you umu abia...
You are a disgrace to leadership and your generation shall question your today! Always remember that. Political lie singing parrot!
Where are the projects people are closing their eyes to?
Which of the pictures posted here is not of Aba?
You want us to advice him? Cant He see other governors?
He is always galivanting at owerri, so he is not seeing what his subordinates are doing?
You sound more like a political beggar than a Nigerian.
You want prayers? Hear one! Lord pls May Abians never come across any governor like T.a orji and his likes Again. Amen

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by JohnnyDreams: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
get a good topic, my dear.....your topic is sick in the head
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Abali1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Emindu, you are a big disgrace. If you are a firm believer in T.A. I will say a simple prayer for you...

May the type good things T.A is doing for Aba environs and indigens never depart from your family and entire generation, Amen.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Abali1(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Young Governor, (Ufomba) I believe I listened to one of the question and answer sections that you participated in during the 2011 election period. If what I heard is anything to go by... then I believe there maybe hope after all for Abians.

But like the saying goes... "it's easier said than done"
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Ndu2000: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
donigspain: If only the Ngwa traditional rulers of Aba North, Aba South, Osisioma and Ugwunagbo LGAs which together makeup Aba will be less greedy, selfish and wicked. YES, T.A Orji won by over 80% and, if possible, will win again because Aba indigenes cannot afford to allow an Ngwa to mount the governor sit of Abia state. Power in the hands of an Ngwa means DOOM to all and sundry within Aba as everyone will be forced to pay even for the air we breath. Paul Ikonne, an Ngwa man, whilst the commissioner of works could not even tar his father's pot-hole ridden front. All he could come up with was numerous levies and land renewal payments against non-Ngwa land owners. The Ngwa traditional rulers have sold Aba for a common JEEP/SUV. They're the ones singing the praise of T.A Orji all over BCA. These gluttons (ngwa rulers) are the real people holding Aba hostage. They should unite, putting materialism aside, and fight against government negligence of Aba.
TO AN ABIAN: It's beta 4 T.A to b govnor 4 eternity dan havn an Ngwa dia
donigspain: If only the Ngwa traditional rulers of Aba North, Aba South, Osisioma and Ugwunagbo LGAs which together makeup Aba will be less greedy, selfish and wicked. YES, T.A Orji won by over 80% and, if possible, will win again because Aba indigenes cannot afford to allow an Ngwa to mount the governor sit of Abia state. Power in the hands of an Ngwa means DOOM to all and sundry within Aba as everyone will be forced to pay even for the air we breath. Paul Ikonne, an Ngwa man, whilst the commissioner of works could not even tar his father's pot-hole ridden front. All he could come up with was numerous levies and land renewal payments against non-Ngwa land owners. The Ngwa traditional rulers have sold Aba for a common JEEP/SUV. They're the ones singing the praise of T.A Orji all over BCA. These gluttons (ngwa rulers) are the real people holding Aba hostage. They should unite, putting materialism aside, and fight against government negligence of Aba.
TO AN ABIAN: It's beta 4 T.A to b govnor 4 eternity dan havn an Ngwa dia

Poster donispain,
You have a very low IQ. In your wisdom Commisioner award road contracts? In your knowledge land litles are inscribed Ngwa man and non-Ngwa man?If you have issues with the Ikonnes, go & sort it out with him and shut your saggy mouth. If you have the effontry to write all these against the Ngwa nation that fed your grandfather, your father and your generation just because a handful of persons. Are still ignorant of how governance is in Abia. It is winner take all. I am also aware that more than half of your kits & kins are the ones constituting this nuisance in Aba. For your information it will take the collective effort all in Abia to bring good governance there, we have seen the Ibere's, the Umuahians etc lead the state. How much values did they add to it? If what you see in Abia now is your measure of success, may it be so for you. Abian will participate in an election one day... they have not had the previllage in the last 14 years.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by comradefery: 12:33am On Aug 23, 2012
Waltro: Aba is a lawless savage city. Was there in 2011 and it was as if I travelled back in time to the lagos of 1991. The people of that town need to wake up and move with the times, as "backward" as Nigeria is Aba is still much far behind than other Nigerian cities. And please I'm not talking about backwardness in economic terms or activity (because I know peeps will come here and start saying that Aba has the biggest market in africa and blah blah blah), I'm talking about the society itself....the people are very uncivilized. This is me speaking, sentiments aside.
Uncivilized in what sense? You didn't say any thing, u just ran around and sumarized.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by kcreal(f): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
Too many Aba residents on Nairaland.

I have to trek from Osusu Rd to Faulks Rd every day because of bad road, there is no single good road in Aba.
When ever it rains, be sure to trek down to your house.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by zeal500: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
i pray dt 1923 repeats itself in Aba
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Etelite: 3:01am On Aug 24, 2012
Negligence is what is keeping us in this mess. People need to wake up and realize that the Government we speak about is no other person but you and I. its either we take heed or we face the consequences of our actions. its as simple as that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ohanaeze To APC - Field Igbo Presidential Candidate, / US Warship Leaves For Nigeria Today - Tribune / Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Reconcile With Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.