Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg (14061 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
I do not know if this topic has been discussed in this forum...I feel it is important it is discussed again if it has been discussed as a problem like this volume of us as a Nation anything goes. The privileged are highly insensitive, self centered and crude. Whereas, the masses are docile, always accepting anything thrown at them. We are where we are today because of these terrible attitudes.

I went to buy N1,000.00 worth of fuel (PMS) in a supposedly reputable gas station, a very rude attendant imputed N970.00; I was told when I inquired that the difference of N30.00 was charges for "using Jerry can". I did not know as I have never been charged, I used to buy directly into my car tank.

My challenge is why should someone pay an charge for buying fuel with his own keg in a country where people depend on personal generators for electricity? Why shouldn't someone buy fuel with keg? Are we expected to drive, drag or carry our generators to the gas stations? How do these attendants account for the money as it is like at the discretion of the attendant? I didn't pay because they could explain the rationale.

This is another way we create and sustain the culture of impunity. The civil societies should rise up against it. We can't continue to punish the masses in the name of solving a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Euroclydon(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
Euroclydon, what law says one should not buy fuel with keg? Why should such a wicked law stand given our present reality? Why do u think I'm lucky because the almighty filling station attend sold fuel to me in keg? How do u expect millions of Nigerians to fuel their generators daily as PHCN can't guarantee 5 straight hours of electricity?

12 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Euroclydon: Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.

That was during the scarcity but not now. Its no offense selling fuel into cans to the best of my knowledge. its simply those attendants and the filling stations trying so hard to be smart.

@Op,
When next u go to the station, do as if u want to buy into ur car. Ask them to input like say N3000, after selling N1000 into ur car, bring out ur can and ask them to sell the remaining there. that works for me most times.

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by MMM2(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Op

Such things only happen 2 jew men like u,

U don't know u right simple.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Euroclydon: Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.
is there a law which prohibits buying fuel in kegs? Assuming I want to buy fuel for my generator do u expect me to carry my gen on my head to the petrol station?
@poster you shouldn't be surprised.its a common trend in nigeria for pump attendants to charge for kegs.though few of them who are honest sell at the accurate price.I remembered going to an NNPC filling station to buy fuel in my keg I was also charged for the keg.though its very wrong to sell fuel in kegs and most times you see parents sending their kids to buy fuel which is very bad.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by omosexy1: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
I am yet to see the gazette, statutes or directives that petrol stations should not sell petroleum products in kegs. You sef follow dey do this nonsense Nigerian stuff. Abeg flash the name of the petrol station so that customers will desist from such place. if they start losing business, I believe they will call themselves to order. I also need to talk about the customer service and hygiene of the fuel attendants. Please their management should do something many of them are so dirty and rude.

4 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by dotreal4life: 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Truly,someone needs to explain this situation to me. Whenever you go to filling station with your jerry can inside the boot of your car, they will not charge you for buying inside jerry can. But whenever you go to the filling station with your jerry can on a bike or on foot, you will be charged based on the size of your keg. I believe that there is no legality in the money that the fuel attendants are collecting, hence we need to go against such act vehemently

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Scream: I do not know if this topic has been discussed in this forum...I feel it is important it is discussed again if it has been discussed as a problem like this volume of us as a Nation anything goes. The privileged are highly insensitive, self centered and crude. Whereas, the masses are docile, always accepting anything thrown at them. We are where we are today because of these terrible attitudes.

I went to buy N1,000.00 worth of fuel (PMS) in a supposedly reputable gas station, a very rude attendant imputed N970.00; I was told when I inquired that the difference of N30.00 was charges for "using Jerry can". I did not know as I have never been charged, I used to buy directly into my car tank.

My challenge is why should someone pay an charge for buying fuel with his own keg in a country where people depend on personal generators for electricity? Why shouldn't someone buy fuel with keg? Are we expected to drive, drag or carry our generators to the gas stations? How do these attendants account for the money as it is like at the discretion of the attendant? I didn't pay because they could explain the rationale.

This is another way we create and sustain the culture of impunity. The civil societies should rise up against it. We can't continue to punish the masses in the name of solving a problem.

Well like MMM said, such only happens to Jews!!

The last time I drove my car into a station to buy fuel, I had just filled up my tank and popped the trunk for the attendant to pump my Jerry can. The Nigga looked at my twenty liter ferry can and gave me a price (apparently they know how much fills the jerry can and have added some money for themselves).. The badluck that the attendant had was that I had fives and Tens in my car.. I paid him the exact figure on the pump to the nearest 10.. He tried to make a fuss and I told him to go fhuck himself..

Nwokem, its not illegal in Nigeria.. Not as a Constitution nor as a law..

Any number of reasons could make a person purchase Petrol in jerry cans, from fuelling your generators to re-fuelling your car that ran out of gas on the road...

2 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Opoki(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
@OP,it simply depends on area u stay, e.g. Most filling station in a less developed area sells PMS for #100 while it's #97 in cities. The petrol attendant gave u d@ excuse just to wade u off.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by chemberlin(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Common in lagos and places very close to ghetto
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Now is no longer N30 again, they now collect N50. Is jst dat Nigerians we settle for anytin. I rmemberd wen i n my elder bro went to buy fule,d guy sold 770 instead of 800,so my bro inquired y he did dat he said, na so we take dey chop,no b 2day we don dey do am. Sum1 frm behind jst shouted abeg carry ur keg comot 4there jor abi na N30 u wan fight 4. Dats to say evrybody has accepted it.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by ebamma(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
na because of 30 naira were dem chop u make u come create topic for nairaland,u be very greedy man

2 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by CHIDIEJIOGU: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem:

That was during the scarcity but not now. Its no offense selling fuel into cans to the best of my knowledge. its simply those attendants and the filling stations trying so hard to be smart.

@Op,
When next u go to the station, do as if u want to buy into ur car. Ask them to input like say N3000, after selling N1000 into ur car, bring out ur can and ask them to sell the remaining there. that works for me most times.

WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CAR?

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU:

WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CAR?
use keke

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by peaceland(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Crankshaft: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
Euroclydon: .... Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.
okay, do they sell to customers that come with drums at the back of their hilux? If yes, why not keg? What difference? If not for the sizes!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
ebamma: na because of 30 naira were dem chop u make u come create topic for nairaland,u be very greedy man

30 naira can f.uck that b.itch of a woman you call mom, that brought you to this world. Eediot

3 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Crankshaft: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
ebamma: na because of 30 naira were dem chop u make u come create topic for nairaland,u be very greedy man
Sharap!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by omodapson(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012

If we continue to give room for impunity, tell me, how is this country going to come out of the mess it is presently in? 1kobo is enough for any serious minded Nigerian to voice out. It is the combination of those 30s that makes millions if you don't know.

I think this trend only happens in Lagos. I used to fight it when I was in Lagos. Thank God I now stay in a town where people use their head.

2 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Cool83(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hmmm,legalised corruption

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by ezme(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Just threaten to speak to the manager and they would sell to you the quantity due you. It just a scheme fuel attendants use to make extra daily returns, it is illegal.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by siddiq202(m): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
ezme: Just threaten to speak to the manager and they would sell to you the quantity due you. It just a scheme fuel attendants use to make extra daily returns, it is illegal.
****I LAUGH IN YORUBA******
I'm very sure you are not aware that some filling station endorse it from the top.....where some attendants have been selected to sell for customers with kegs only
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by digi101(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dude did u pay him before he sold it?
Where u live is that the only filling station?

When the guy sell am finish give him what is due and if hes not okay he should pour it back. Q.E.D angry grin
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Kemaona: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
Abeg poster go bury urself. I be attendant, na little cash dey collect from you, na u dey hala 4? If na my station u come, u 4 pay much. U b greedy entity.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by lordriko: 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Now the failure of us citizen brought such shame to us all as a nation, but must we continue like this carrying keg to gas station in this jet age is a taboo, also placing charges on keg is also a taboo. We must learn to fight for our right and not waiting on one gaddem civil society, can we for the fear of baboons plant corn in our bedroom? No! At times I sit and I asked myself when will Nigeria turns back to those days when no power failure, when masses could afford three square meals, when naira was equal to dollar, when visa was free, when university of ibadan used to be one of the best institution in the world, when our judicial system was made of professionals, when corruption was minimal,when our GDP was well rated, when we had good drinkable water, when we had good roads, whe we had good police officers, really we are out of existence, even our so called. Royal fathers, religious leaders are not helping matters. The big question is WHICH WAY NIGERIA?

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by lauyanAbuja: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.
The guy that made this comment sef is narrow & low in thinking: do u expect a reasonable and responsible man to carry gen on his head or car booth to the station. Some guys sef can fold one's hand with their thinking. Mtcsheeeeee!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by dramaticspeak(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
guess you are a fuel attendant.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2012

I'm a greedy man because someone wanted to defraud me? This tread was created just because of this attitude...I don't have to buy fuel into my car tank to avoid the charges...if I shake my car keys, they get the message, but we should not continue to accept this wrong trend. Soon, market women will form association and start extorting. I know when kidnapping started in Niger Delta...see where we are today.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Antho4lyf(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
Well i hope this act is been done in some place but for my area no station dey do lyk dat
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Bolinco(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
guy,can u just do me an honoure to tel me d constitution and d section,dat go against buying fuel wit keg?
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kemaona: Abeg poster go bury urself. I be attendant, na little cash dey collect from you, na u dey hala 4? If na my station u come, u 4 pay much. U b greedy entity.

I'm unfortunate to come from the same country with u! Who is greedy? Low iq...little wonder u are an attendant...lowlifer

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Emergency Management Agency-lasema In Focus. PICS. / Gov. Ugwuanyi Delivers Nama’s VOR/DME Access Road In Emene / Chartered Flights: Daily Trust Got It Wrong - Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.