Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Am Tired Of Life - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am Tired Of Life (11830 Views)

I Am Tired Of Joblessness And Idleness / I Am Tired Of Searching.... / Pls Help Am Tired Of Staying At Home, I Need A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of Life by goodness1109: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pls help!!! I was out of banking job in December 2009 when Sanusi struck. Since then, life has never been the same for me and my family anymore.All my attempts to re-climb to the top again have been abortive as i don't have any powerful connection except God. I have prayed and prayed, nothing yet! I pertook in some major recruitments(like the NNPC's to a stage of interview, all to nothing), I even applied to a skul abroad and was given admission with scholarship award but applied to the embassy with fake a/c statement and was denied visa as i had not person to stand for as a sponsor. life has just turned black to me. Can anyone help and or advise? I have the following credentials:
B.Sc(2:1)
M.Sc(Finance)
5yrs of banking exp
Married wt Kids
Pls, kindly help and advise!

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Life by Obinoscopy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
MY dear, this should not be a reason why you should be tired of life. Remain steadfast and be prayerful, one day you'll come out victorious.

You have a masters degree and 5 years work experience, thats a plus. I'm confident you'll get a job in no distant time.

Gods grace

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Life by goodness1109: 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Obinoscopy: MY dear, this should not be a reason why you should be tired of life. Remain steadfast and be prayerful, one day you'll come out victorious.

You have a masters degree and 5 years work experience, thats a plus. I'm confident you'll get a job in no distant time.

Gods grace
Thank you.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by ikennaobi(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
I think you just have to believe in yourself. During this your trying times, many will promise to help you in one way or the other but will never do anything. i would advice you to take your destiny into your hands.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by FESTAC101: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
Bros i really understnd your plight because i equaly lost my banking job d same yr but in november(Diamond bank). I can tell u it hasn't bn easy but any time dt thought or depressn wants to flood my mind,i always resist it.D moment u gv in to dt,u loose ur faith in rising again.so pally dust ur cv and keep applyn and attndn interviews soon u'l rise again..all thngs work together 4 good...u r nt alone i hv close to 4 guys who equally hd d same issue wth diff bank bt we r all mvn on..we even wrote a test today for anoda job in d telecomms ind..it is well wth u...d world makes a way 4 d man who knows where he is going.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by goodness1109: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
FESTAC101: Bros i really understnd your plight because i equaly lost my banking job d same yr but in november(Diamond bank). I can tell u it hasn't bn easy but any time dt thought or depressn wants to flood my mind,i always resist it.D moment u gv in to dt,u loose ur faith in rising again.so pally dust ur cv and keep applyn and attndn interviews soon u'l rise again..all thngs work together 4 good...u r nt alone i hv close to 4 guys who equally hd d same issue wth diff bank bt we r all mvn on..we even wrote a test today for anoda job in d telecomms ind..it is well wth u...d world makes a way 4 d man who knows where he is going.
Thanks Bro. It's well!!!!
Re: Am Tired Of Life by alaoeri: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
Bros really feel your pain God 'll surely ease your task but my simple advice is since you are a MSC holder why don't u try academics most especially all this private polytechnics & start as graduate assistance with time u 'll moveup the ladder of success & achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by harrisnimasa(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2012
My Brother,I am not sure u really have God as your only connection as u claim,and thats the problem many believers have.
Daniel 11:32 the pple that do know their God shall be strong and do exploit.
Prov 24:10..if you faint in the day of adversity.thy strenght is small.
My Brother there is no challenge your facing today that is uncommon,others hav overcome it.
I faced very grievious financial wit my wife 2 children and two guys staying wit me,wit so many time staying without having the basic necesities of life including food,bt we have been fully strong and doors are begining to open now.
1peter 5:10..after ye hav suffered a while ,make you perfect,stablish,strenghten settle you.
Get yourself closer to God,trust me u will soon smile.
one thing i knw in my short christian life of 10yrs is that God cannot fail God.
B blessd!

5 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by georgee(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Rilly feel for u @OP, i am presently in almost thesame situation as u. Lost my oceanic bank job this year (Feb 15). I have a wife and a 5week old son to cater for. I have been searching and posting my CV eva since. I believe something will come up real soon by God's grace. OP, dont lose hope. Lets keep applying applying and applying.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by successchimo: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2012
you will soon give testimony.

please help me if this is real.

You are invited for interview at Virtual Human Resources.
Venue: Godmon Estate Block 3 Flat 5 Okota, Lagos.
Time: 9am
Date: 29th Aug. 2012.

About Us
Virtual Human Resources is a health maintenance outfit in association with World Health Organisation. We deliver free health seminar to various companies and organisations.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by Obinoscopy(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2012
successchimo: you will soon give testimony.

please help me if this is real.

You are invited for interview at Virtual Human Resources.
Venue: Godmon Estate Block 3 Flat 5 Okota, Lagos.
Time: 9am
Date: 29th Aug. 2012.

About Us
Virtual Human Resources is a health maintenance outfit in association with World Health Organisation. We deliver free health seminar to various companies and organisations.

Nairalanders have complained bitterly about the company. They claim d company is a scam.
But you can try it out anyways. However if they demand for one naira, run!
Re: Am Tired Of Life by ifyalways(f): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2012
@OP, Gods grace is sufficient for you. Please don't even think of giving up. Is your wife bringing in something as in working? Please while waiting and applying for a good job, you can as well pick up a teaching or coaching job, to keep body and soul together and keep your head sane. You can still network from there.

God is not asleep dear,it is well. Be strong!

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by chantebas(f): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
Now is not the time to talk yourself out of your goals and dreams. You are closer than you think.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Life by luc26(f): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2012
@poster I jst got dis exact message.pls is it real?
Re: Am Tired Of Life by ifyalways(f): 11:35am On Oct 04, 2012
^which message?
Re: Am Tired Of Life by Gloriousson: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2012
Bros,job 14:7,ther's hope for a tree if it b cut down... Though it's root die in d ground,it shall yet spring forth. Brother,if d latter days of job were better dan his beginnin,then thers nothin dt God can't do. Keep trustin Him and let ut strong faith b anchored on Him cos He makes all things beautiful in HIS TIME. You will soon laugh brother. God is still faithful.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by luc26(f): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Virtual human Resources invites u 4 an interview @Godmon Estate Block3,flat5,
okota Roundabout,Cele.On monday 08/10/2012. 9am prompt.

Is it real?I mean d company
Re: Am Tired Of Life by BOT4WHAT: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
Don't think your own situation is the worst in the world, nooooo, there are so many people who face more difficult challenges around only that everybody is keeping his problem to himself/herself, however, just trust in God and make sure you don't relent in your searching effort. Please don't use any fake document again while trying to apply for jobs or visa like you said in your post, I've also fell victim of this before but has since decided not to try it again as it can even block my prayers from being answered. I know there is alway a shining light after the tunnel, he who laugh last laugh best.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
My brother,
I lost my job too with Ibplc in Jan this year. I have a wife and an 8 week old daughter to take care of. I have been almost everywhere applying for a job but I can't say I have been too lucky.

I have approached my pension managers to access 25% of my funds to begin a restaurant business and access bank has not sent a confirmation till now.

I have told myself that I can never give up, I will fight till the end.

4 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by lanreecom(m): 12:37am On Oct 05, 2012
;DMy Dear brother, i 'll like you to understand this First, whatever happens to us along the pathway of live is a message or a Training, they are very relevant to our future. how you react or response to your present Circumstance determines where you go from here. you still have cause to Thank God for giving you that banking job, Helping you find a Marital Partner, giving you beautiful babies and above all keeping you Alive till now.

IF I SHOULD TELL YOU MY OWN STORY AND PREDICAMENTS, YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT YOUR CHALLENGES AND BEGIN TO REJOICE TO THE LORD. I LOST MY JOB SINCE 2003, UP TILL NOW I'M STILL SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER (THE ONES I GOT WERE ALL A DISAPPOINTMENT)HAVE JUST BEEN LIVING FROM HAND TO MOUTH, MY BANK ACCOUNT EMPTY. I'M ALREADY IN MY LATE 30s AND YET TO MARRY. IN THE FACE OF ALL MANNER OF SPIRITUAL AND FINANCIAL CHALLENGES GO LIFTED UP A HELPER THAT SPONSORED ME TO GO ABROAD, WHEN I THOUGHT MY DREAM HAD COME TRUE, FROM NOWHERE I WAS TOLD THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH MY PAPERS AND I HAD TO RETURN TO NIJA.

IN ALL THIS I HAVE LEARNT SO MUCH THAT GOD INTEND TO TEACH ME AND HAVE HELD ON TO AND GIVEN MYSELF TO HIM AND HE IS REALLY WORKING THING OUT FOR ME NOW. PUT YOURSELF TOGETHER AND COMMIT YOURSELF TOTALLY TO GOD, KEEP AWAY FROM THOSE THINGS GOD HATES. PUT TRUST IN HIM AND KEEP HOPE ALIVE. ONE THING MORE, DON'T STOP PRAYING AND KEEP WORKING, GOD CAN USE ANYBODY OR SITUATION TO MAKE A WAY FOR YOU. PRAY FOR RESTORATION AND FOR MERCY OF GOD.

WISH U ALL THE BEST THIS SEASON!

4 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by acidtalk: 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Please read this thread and each 'sub threads' inside. If at the end of the day you don't discover 60% of what you didn't realize in life before now, I will dinounce my membership on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1068544/major-differences-between-entrepreneur-employee

It is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by stagger: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
OP,

Instead of giving up and leaving your wife and children to face life alone (which for me is the highest form of wickedness that a man can do to his family), you should expand your mind and be ready to do anything to survive until things improve.

Part of your problem is that you have not expanded your mind on what you can do. I have a friend who is a doctor now. He used to brew local gin in his village, then take night bus to Sokoto to sell at the border. This he did for 6 years and today he is a doctor.

Question is, are you ready to stoop low to conquer? Or will your label as an ex-banker hinder you?

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Life by zangiff(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Dnt worry ur time will come
Re: Am Tired Of Life by eduson77(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Am Tired Of Life by chucky234(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
My brother never give up your dreams simply because you are not getting job offers,you can't change the past because it makes you who you are today,regret will not contribute anything positive to your progress except its meant to prevent you from making same mistake again.
Many of us have experienced difficult times but our perseverance made us stronger and victorious,I personally had a problem with First Bank,Zenith and FCMB in 2005 and my current where all my millions here deposited was frozen by the order of CBN.
I was left with my savings from where I was paying lawyers,at the end of the day I was left with absolutely nothing and had to start life afresh.
Things was very difficult but being a winner I never give,today I am growing at a pace no one would have imagined few years back.
My advice,why you search for white collar jobs you can save little amount and start importation business. That's my little secret,I was importing mobile phones,laptops,digital cameras and was making money. You don't need millions to importation business,all you need is few thousands couple with creativity and determination.
I was shipping 2 - 3 pieces of phones/laptops from the US and was making cool profits till I was able to ship between 5-10 pieces then channel the profits into my other ideas that are equally profitable.
Whatever you invest your time and money into will yield huge returns in Nigeria no matter how small,as long as you know what you are doing.
You can learn from our stories especially those from sacked bankers above,be steadfast and I can assure you the sky will the beginning of your success story.
Good luck brother.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by naturechild(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Pls cntact me on 08055052129 for assstance.
Re: Am Tired Of Life by acidtalk: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
naturechild: Pls cntact me on 08055052129 for assstance.

GET OUT!!!
Someone who isn't psychologically and financially balanced you want him to call you and start listening to your nonsense?

If you really want to help him, the best you could have done was to drop your e.mail for him to send a mail. Moreover what type of help are you willing to offer? Because your kind are good at taking advantage of people in their trying times.

Be careful or else, God will judge you.
If you are not ready to genuinely help him, stay clear off him.

4 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by NNBB2012: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Have you thought of travelling abroad on skilled migration scheme such as Australia and Canada? You have good experience, qualification and age is still on your side, so you could give it a trial.

If you are interested, you could read more about the immigration scheme on the website-www.immi.gov.au. You don't need any intermediary for the process except if you wish. It takes time but at least you will eventually get it. You just need to follow the due process. You need to score good band in IELTS, prepare your documents for assessment and your credentials. As a permanent residence, you are entitled to live, work and school. Your kids can access free education up to Secondary school in Public schools, Medicare and your citizenship after 4yrs etc. As a citizen, you and your family members could access education in University to any level on scholarship.

God will settle you.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Money is goten as a reward for the problem you solve
The kind of problem you solve determine, the amount you get
The kind of people you solve problems for also determine your pay

You have four ways to generate income
1.Your gift
2.Talent
3.Profession
4.Job

You just lost your job ; if you were a professional, you won't be complaning here.
Just like an electrician, he can never go out of work because of the fact that the world depends mostly on electricity to function.
Talent. An author, can live on just one good book for the rest of his/her life, all things been equal
Gift : Think of someone like don moen, his gift has settled his bills for life

And income should be generated for short-term, mid-term and long-term bases.
You vision is not fortified enough, until it can execute itself.

Never ever give up winning ; the devil never give up loosing.
Patience is not patient, until it patient has achieved what patience is patient for.
GODSPEED

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Life by Lexoria: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
I pray that all of you who are xpecting a divine intervention from God on getting job or source of income will recieve it sooner than you thought.I pray that our merciful Father will miraclously provide all your family needs pending when you recieve ur appiontment letter or means to start ur own bizness.I pray that sickness will never come near ur kids or u and ur partner.I pray that God will strenghten ur spouses to be strong for u,encouraging y'all and helping y'all in Jesus unchallengeable name I pray.Amen!!!.Pls y'all should say amen in faith.FAITH is what y'all need now.Believe u have what u ask of the Lord and see it manifest.I wish I could help y'all but I know my God will.Have Faith.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Happened To FAAN 2015 Concluded Recruitment / PG Consulting Limited Job Vacancies (31 Positions) / N-EXIT: There Is No Specific Amount For The Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.