Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,963 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:26 AM

Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) (18970 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Recently 'purchased' RRS Helicopter 5N-LAG Is Owned By LASG Since 2009!!! / Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by 740megawatts: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nairalanders, I have decided to perform my responsibility as a citizen by presenting you pictures from the ongoing expansion and reconstruction of Ago-Palace Way, Okota undertaken by Lagos State Government. The project is being undertaken by CCECC and I believe over a year old by now (I'm not sure).

This road is an alternate (and parallel) route for motorists wishing to avoid the traffic nightmares of Oshodi-Apapa expressway presently under snail reconstruction by the FG. It is also beneficial for residents around Isolo, Okota, Ejigbo, Ikotun and Jakande Estate especially those working on the Island. When completed, it will be possible for inbound traffic from as far as FESTAC Town, Amuwo-Odofin, Satellite Town and Mile Two to arrive Yaba Area in about 30 minutes. This is possible because of the recently completed Cele-Itire Link bridge by LASG (The second of its kind since the 80's).

From my estimate, I could say the work is slightly above 50% between Ago junction and Century Bus-stop (street lighting included). But, it appears CCECC is trying to meet the deadline as they are rapidly completing the road with large number of workers deployed to the site.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by 740megawatts: 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
More Pictures...

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by 740megawatts: 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
...and more pictures

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by CyberG: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nice pictures! Your efforts are much appreciated!

3 Likes

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by PaulJohn1: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nice one, keep it up bro.
Eko oni baje o.... cool

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
Why is Lagos always using interlocking stones to build roads? Is there scarcity of bitumen in the state??

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by TonySpike: 5:04am On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Why is Lagos always using interlocking stones to build roads? Is there scarcity of bitumen in the state??
I believe roads with interlocking stones can withstand more pressure and thus, last longer. That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by ijigbamigb(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Some highly populated areas or streets are better are relayed with interlocks as its prevents over-speeding. Unlike the asphalt type which causes over-speeding on roads like this (my own opinion o)
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2012
In addition, interlocking pavestones are better suited to low-lying, flood-prone areas like Lagos. Also maintenance is easier as the pavestones can be quickly replaced. Those bitumen roads tend to deteriorate too quickly.

5 Likes

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2012
This is what happens when we have a working and responsive govt.

2 Likes

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by musulumi(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
i hope it is not pay-as-you-upload contract between you and the Fash things?
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Solozzo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
I hope there are effective covered drains, concrete underlay for the road as well as sidewalks as in Edo State.

Interlocking tiles are too expensive, wear off easily, due to friction from soiled tyres and retard driving speeds. They are only useful in built up streets with very short distances

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Hajiadubs: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Wow! thanks Mr. poster, you've just made me more homesick (in a good way) I was raised in this area and I have not seen it for the past 6 years, so thank you very much. I hope this will be the begining of more good things to come.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by temmytanny(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Why is Lagos always using interlocking stones to build roads? Is there scarcity of bitumen in the state??
its becos of the nature soil in lagos are sandy and not suitable for coal tar roads.You see why most roads in Lekki and VI are interlocking.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by tunapawizzy: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
cheaper maintenance, cheaper to deploy, fixing it engages more personnel and indigenous/small-scale businesses as opposed to bitumen that makes use of heavy machineries(usually imported) n less personnel .....thats wt i think but hey what does a small boy know
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by MMM2(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good work
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by TonySpike: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
temmytanny: its becos of the nature soil in lagos are sandy and not suitable for coal tar roads.You see why most roads in Lekki and VI are interlocking.
This is a far better explanation for the use of interlocking tiles. This area around Isolo is generally swampy, hence, the soil is obviously sandy. Thanks for this info.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by OAM4J: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good work. Eko o ni baje!
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by stagger: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2012

Marshy soil cannot support bitumen/asphalt roads; they will suffer pavement failure in months. That is why interlocking stones that promote natural drainage is used in Lagos and other coastal cities.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
My beloved ago jagajaga road! 1ce upon a time, I paid 50kobo from century to isolo. But I'm afraid dis road will not last. I witnessed d construction of d ago bridge to apple junction & Festac link bridge to oshodi-mile2 highway & there's a huge difference in the Manner of approach in fixing dis ago road. Unlike the former road mentioned where d whole earth was scrapped out & relaid, d construction guys are just pouring sand on d existing road. D right of way (distance btw drainage channels on both sides of d roads) is inconsistent cos some houses are deemed untouchable cos dey are can chieftains. I won't clap 4 dem yet until 2yrs after construction.

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by atuboweke(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
@poster : I must commend u for this pictures and also the Lagos State Govt. But pls i need an explanation with regards to two particular houses that was left out in the demolision process and thereby has delayed the completion of the road. The first house is situate at the Tarred-Road Bus Stop by Latunde Street and the second is immediately after Enoma Bus Stop......I heard that one of the houses (the one by Tarred-Road Bus Stop) is owned by Tinubu's chief thug, in which he bought last 2yrs for 40million Naira. Pls confirm.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by nkemKalu: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE.........IF FASHOLA WILL ASK FOR 3RD TERM WE WILL GIVE IT TO HIM IF THERE IS SUCH PROVISION IN THE CONSTITUTION.....BUT WE WILL NEVER GIVE IT TO T. A . ORJI OF ABIA STATE, NEITHER CAN WE GIVE SECOND TERM TO JONATHAN PERIOD

2 Likes

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by TonySpike: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
atuboweke: @poster : I must commend u for this pictures and also the Lagos State Govt. But pls i need an explanation with regards to two particular houses that was left out in the demolision process and thereby has delayed the completion of the road. The first house is situate at the Tarred-Road Bus Stop by Latunde Street and the second is immediately after Enoma Bus Stop......I heard that one of the houses (the one by Tarred-Road Bus Stop) is owned by Tinubu's chief thug, in which he bought last 2yrs for 40million Naira. Pls confirm.
Well, all I can say is that I think a lot of powerful interests are involved between Taiwo b/stop and Enoma b/stop. There's a rumour that the original masterplan of Okota Layout is not being followed strictly for the demolition procedure. Hence, some landlords have taken LASG to the court for appropriate competition. The house at Enoma, as far as I know, is also under litigiation. I still believe a lot of money has changed hands somewhere. This phase II road, for example should be a 3-lane, dual road and not 2-lane, dual road.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by JahMan1: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
When is Fashola going to work on Pedro road,Ilaje Road,Afolabi Brown,Ifako Gbagada. All in Somolu LGA?
Abeg my tax is heavy enough to feel unhappy when driving pass those bad roads.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Reference(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2012

How CCCEC just loves them. Makes maintenance much easier though. Pretty hard on the wheels and shocks.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Yornandrew: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fashola has exceeded history, the nearest to him among the past Governors haven't done up to a third of his transformation work for Lagos
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by maclatunji: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
The Chinese are like human construction automatons. They build, build and build without making noise. Very efficient set of people.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Another one from the ACN govt.

Go on ACN
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by emisun(m): 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
musulumi: i hope it is not pay-as-you-upload contract between you and the Fash things?

is this cynicism,sarcasm abi na sceptism....either way,am lovin it
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by sambos994(m): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
If Fashola isn't president then I won't vote,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Approves Contract For Construction Of 2 FG Roads (pics) / Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures / Biafra Sit-At-Home : IPOB-MASSOB Supremacy Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.