Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs (18151 Views)

FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs / Nothing Will Happen To Me – Emir Of Kano , Sanusi Blasts Boko Haram / France Aiding Boko Haram, Minister Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Korrection(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2012
By DAYO JOHNSON

AKURE — Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, yesterday, attacked the Islamic fundamentalists, Boko Haram, and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mohammed Nurudeen, for saying Nigeria is the most Christian-populated Islamic nation in the world.

While describing the sect as a bunch of cowardswho have sympathy among top security personnel for their unGodly activities, he slammed the minister, saying the statement was worrisome and that it was wrong for him to have called Nigeria an Islamic nation.

No basis for dialogue

Oritsejafor explained that there had never been a census where the figure of Muslims and Christians were stated in the country.

President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Chairman, CAN, Ondo State Chapter, Bishop Emmanuel Igbokoyi and Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr Kola Ademujimi, during the inspection of Ondo state projects by the members of the National Executive Council of CAN after their National Conference, in Akure, on Tuesday

He declared that there was no basis for government to dialogue with the faceless group which had been terrorising the nation in a desperate bid to make it an Islamic nation.

Pastor Oritsejafor spoke with newsmen in Akure after an Extra-ordinary Council Meeting of the National Executive Council of CAN.

He said: ”The Boko Haram people are a bunch of cowards, who go to churches to shoot people that are not armed. If they think they are strong, they should go to places where the people they are going to attack are also armed.

“They should go and face people that are armed, not unarmed people. They are a bunch of cowards, who kill innocent people that are not armed.”

The CAN President, who read political undertone to the insecurity in the country, argued that top security chiefs are religious fanatics, who aided and abetted youths to kill innocent people under the guise of religion.

Upbraids security chiefs

He alleged that some security chiefs leaked security information to the Islamic sect hence the difficulty in tracking and curtailing its activities.

“I do not understand what they would be talking about. What are they going to discuss? It is puzzling. I see a total religious fundamentalism in the whole episode. If there should be a dialogue, there should be a basis.

“If you are talking of dialogue and the same sect of people are killing innocent souls, so what is the basis? To me, there is no basis for dialogue.

The security chiefs, according to him, ”are more loyal to their Islamic religion than the corporate existence of Nigeria.”

Asks minister to apologise

On the proposed dialogue with the sect, Pastor Oritsejafor declared that while he is not opposed to dialogue to solve issues, he argued that dialogue with the religious fanatics was out of it as they had not pretended about their agenda to Islamise the country.

The clergyman expressed disappointment over the minister’s statement, saying he should explain to Nigerians the source of his information or be sanctioned.

Oritsejafor, however, suggested a military solution to the activities of the Boko Haram sect, stressing the need for all the security agencies to exchange information on security threats.

He regretted that the nation’s security agencies rather than see themselves as complementing each other, see themselves as competitors.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/oritsejafor-blasts-boko-haram-minister/

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2012
Korrection: By DAYO JOHNSON

AKURE — Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, yesterday, attacked the Islamic fundamentalists, Boko Haram, and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mohammed Nurudeen, for saying Nigeria is the most Christian-populated Islamic nation in the world./
I don't understand this statement.

Is he saying that Nigeria is the most populous nation with large Christian and Muslim population or is it calling Nigeria an Islamic nation that is populated by the largest number of Christians? If the latter is what he said then it's a shame that Goodluck Jonathan even associates with people that have such a mindset not to talk of making such a person a minister. It just shows that GEJ has bad people advising him because he picks his ministers based on the advise he gets from people.

9 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Korrection(m): 8:56am On Aug 23, 2012
Na so christians plenty for Nigeria?...dont believe the confusing statement...is that what the notherners are telling GEJ?...i sorry for Jonathan
afam4eva:

Is he saying that Nigeria is the most populous nation with large Christian and Muslim population or is it calling Nigeria an Islamic nation that is populated by the largest number of Christians? If the latter is what he said then it's a shame that Goodluck Jonathan even associates with people that have such a mindset not to talk of making such a person a minister. It just shows that GEJ has bad people advising him because he picks his ministers based on the advise he gets from people.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Okijajuju1(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2012
WHo called Nigeria an Islamic Nation?!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by epio: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2012
enof of all this,who cares boko haram or islam,countdown to nov 5th for declaration of sovereign state of biafra

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by nagoma(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Is the CAN President on drugs? Sure he must be smoking something the way he reasons or ( more correctly) doesn't reason. . If there is a useful information he is hiding , let him go straight and tell the president. He, of course, has the privilege of direct access.

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by PeeDaVinci: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
if it is true that the minister of state for foreign affairs said this "most Christian-populated Islamic nation in the world", then, what the hell is he still doing in govt, doesnt mr shoeless know how to kick?

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by renzie: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
That minister of foreign affairs is courting trouble. He will soon lose his job. Such statements heat up the system.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
A beleaguered nation wt missguided leaders... Nigeria my Country.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by slumcat(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2012
evrywhere i go i hear 'nigeria'. pls, where is nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by uyplus(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Godforbid ngr to b an islamic nation!! He shd say dt wen ngr hs splitted into halves or fragments.. If islam ws da only religion in the world, I'd hv commited suicide, or stay alive n b an aetheist!!a bonafide frnd of mine is nw a xtian, afta 26yrs in hs faith!!he is alrdy 6mnths in ds faith n God hs bn provin hmself supreme in dt young man's life..hs dad doesn't hv a problm wit it, na hm relatvs de com de worry hm papa, hs dad told dem 2tlk 2hm!!smh 4ds ppl!! Ontop persn life, persn go wan dictate wot faith u shd b inclined to, as if their lives r any beta dan hs!
Ngr cn neva n wld neva b an islamic nation, in Jesus name!! Its nt by marryg 4wives n hv 30childrn!ask urslf ow mny of doz chldrn stl remain in dt faith afta 20-30yrs!!

17 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by robinhoodd2(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2012
He said: ”The Boko Haram people are a bunch of cowards, who go to churches to shoot people that are not armed. If they think they are strong, they should go to places where the people they are going to attack are also armed.

“They should go and face people that are armed, not unarmed people. They are a bunch of cowards, who kill innocent people that are not armed.”
am i the only reading this? those that means people attacking police and JTF aint BOKO HARAM? or he is rather "COMMANDING" boko who to attack.this man must be HIGH.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by canuck(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2012
Please say it ain't so! A federal minister made such imbecilic utterances in the heat of unprovoked religious attacks?!?!

Any wonder why GEJ's govt is inept? He is surrounded by weirdos with unwholesome agendas!!!

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Kobojunkie: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2012
If this man really made this statement, he ought to be fired with immediate effect. This sort of statement is irresponsible and unbecoming of anyone in government.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2012
"Nigeria is the most populated christian islamic nation in the world"-- I tire for this english o! Its only in nigeria you get confused about the english language! Even Queen Elizabeth needs someone to interprete nigerian english.WTF does the minister mean by his statement? Am kinda confused.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by wandeay: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2012
if it were to b OBJ, dat minister wud av regreted for d rest of his life for calling Nigeria a muslim country

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 23, 2012
I can forgive this m0ron....he only surround himself with his fellow kind...so he has that false impression that only his kind made up the country.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Tayo114: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2012
This pastor is living in a safe place,where no B.H can reach him and from there sending comment that poor xristians smwher will pay for it. Nawa ooo for this man
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by brownlord: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2012
nagoma: Is the CAN President on drugs? Sure he must be smoking something the way he reasons or ( more correctly) doesn't reason. . If there is a useful information he is hiding , let him go straight and tell the president. He, of course, has the privilege of direct access.

Ranting without contributin anytin to the topic, what hv u succeeded in saying now,uncircumcised phillistine

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Countryman93: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2012
i laugh in islamic! whos nurudeen? a minister? of boko haram and islamic affairs?. he should be stripped naked and whipped on National TV. haba! what stupendous statement is this. Nigeria is a heart breaker! he should be made to sweep the National Christian Center for two weeks before a public apology and renouncement of such pronouncement. i pray and hope he and his family have something good to say to nigerians over this disdainful stupidity. is this his sallah sermons? without mincing words from now to the end of time Islam has no place in the affairs of this geographical expression.

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by brownlord: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
robinhoodd2: He said: ”The Boko Haram people are a bunch of cowards, who go to churches to shoot people that are not armed. If they think they are strong, they should go to places where the people they are going to attack are also armed.

am i the only reading this? those that means people attacking police and JTF aint BOKO HARAM? or he is rather "COMMANDING" boko who to attack.this man must be HIGH.

He's high and you are sick upstarirs, if ur brothers are really strong enuf, why not attack people that r armed instead of throwing bombs, they should hv come battle ready gun for gun, bullet for bullet, not throwing bomb and run, foolish people practicising useless raeligion
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Dollarman101: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria makes it mandatory for the president to appoint a minister from each state of the federation even when he doesn't know anyone from there.
The said minister may not have even been personally known by the president and may have been nominated by the Governor and stakeholders of his state of rigin. Any wonder why he is a Minster of state.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by manosteel(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
Sometimes, it amazes me the parameter used to determine which religion in Nigeria is the majority. The whole of South South, South East, South West, and Middle belt states are predominantly Christians, with large numbers of indigenous and non indigenous Christian Communities in the Northern states such as Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi, Bornu, Adamawa, Sokoto etc. Could it be that these guys are also regarding their cows as Muslims?

15 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by wandeay: 11:54am On Aug 23, 2012
if it were to b OBJ, dat minister wud av regreted for d rest of his life for calling Nigeria a muslim country
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2012
Well, Jonathan did say they are Boko members in his government.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by renzie: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2012
nagoma: Is the CAN President on drugs? Sure he must be smoking something the way he reasons or ( more correctly) doesn't reason. . If there is a useful information he is hiding , let him go straight and tell the president. He, of course, has the privilege of direct access.

u made a point- He has the priviledge of direct access. U may not know if he has done something in that line and is also publicly reacting to correct that misconception and possibly prevent a reoccurence. I dont think he is on drugs he is doing what he should do as the CAN president.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by NkwaGOD(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2012
The minister that had the nerve to ulter such statement in the face of the ongoing heat in Nigeria is nothing but a confirmed member of BOKO HARAM and should be apprehended to produce other that are with him, final!
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by DANILSA(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2012
They always think Nigeria is an islamic state hence the need to convert the 10million christians in nigeria to join the 150 million muslims. Look at how they make statements that can cos sectarian and religious crisis. He must be a hausa Man that's how they think, tomorrow the boys will slaughter christians in Kano like cows.
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by robinhoodd2(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2012
brownlord:

He's high and you are sick upstarirs, if ur brothers are really strong enuf, why not attack people that r armed instead of throwing bombs, they should hv come battle ready gun for gun, bullet for bullet, not throwing bomb and run, foolish people practicising useless raeligion
you always wish for disaster, thats my problem with u peeps,so many islamic scholars v come out to denounce the sect, they ended up bn maimed and bombed.we are in it together.if your CAN president v something better to say he should say it,rather than ranting.d guy like media no b small.he's in safe place,we are not.THINK
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by isarumah(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2012
Both christians and muslims in the affected areas unanamously support dialogue. Mr Orisejafor, I advice you to desist from adding fuel in fire, as it is not habit of real men of God. Afterall, you have never paid visit to the north, neither for evangelism, nor for condolence. Abi northern christians no be ur consetuency? Oh, u no wan com because u dey fear bh? I beg you, stop being controvertial and be optimistic on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by NkwaGOD(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]The minister that had the nerve to ulter such statement in the face of the ongoing heat in Nigeria is nothing but a confirmed member of BOKO HARAM and should be apprehended to produce other that are with him, final!
Re: Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs by KenJak(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well said sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Wars Against The British / Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate / Peter Obi Lied On Foreign Direct Investment-fdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.