Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim (10948 Views)

An Opinion Of A Serious Muslim Brother - about Nikkah Matching Service / Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This / Honest Reasons Why I Am Not A Muslim! (for Tbaba). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by ibnjarir(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
deejay_harry1: my brother ,,,, dis time around it does o...because if dis muslims dnt wnt to teach themselves,,,, we are very much ready to teach it to them by force
. We re still waiting for the lesson......
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by adyby(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
justwise:

I think the problem is in the interpretation of Quran by some Muslim leaders, the problem is not just with Islam, Christians have the same problem as well, the religious leaders do not help the matter either, they are misleading followers who take seriously every word that comes out of their month.

Its hard to unlearned something you have been taught from a young age from pastors/imam, the chain of misleading/hateful preaching grows from generation to generation.

I respect your opinion bro. The issue to me is that Islam is a religion of knowledge. Even reading and understanding of the qur'an and that is why we have what we call 'Tafsir ul qur'an' which includes:
1. The circumstance surrounding the revelation of a particular verse or even a whole chapter. (in this case another verse(s) of the qur'an are used
2. It adaption through the teachings (sayings and practice) of the prophet. Since all prophets came for only two important assignments, to warn the mainkind from what is evil and move away from it and be the bearers of glad tidings i.e to tell mankind the reward of perseverance on earth.
So, somebody who was just born as a muslim and refused to learn, what do you expect of such person?
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by adyby(m): 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
justwise:

I think the problem is in the interpretation of Quran by some Muslim leaders, the problem is not just with Islam, Christians have the same problem as well, the religious leaders do not help the matter either, they are misleading followers who take seriously every word that comes out of their month.

Its hard to unlearned something you have been taught from a young age from pastors/imam, the chain of misleading/hateful preaching grows from generation to generation.

I respect your opinion bro. The issue to me is that Islam is a religion of knowledge. Even reading and understanding of the qur'an and that is why we have what we call 'Tafsir ul qur'an' which includes:
1. The circumstance surrounding the revelation of a particular verse or even a whole chapter. (in this case another verse(s) of the qur'an are used
2. It adaption through the teachings (sayings and practice) of the prophet. Since all prophets came for only two important assignments, to warn the mainkind from what is evil and move away from it and be the bearers of glad tidings i.e to tell mankind the reward of perseverance on earth.
So, somebody who was just born as a muslim and refused to learn, what do you expect of such person?
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by holahabib: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
ttt.

3 Likes

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
adyby: I respect your opinion bro. The issue to me is that Islam is a religion of knowledge. Even reading and understanding of the qur'an and that is why we have what we call 'Tafsir ul qur'an' which includes:

I totally understand the picture you just painted, but you just have to understand that there are people who will refused to learn and preferred taking the opposite view, religiously speaking...you do not give up on that person neither will you force your view on that person, your behaviors towards that person 'might' change his stand on certain things.

You can only maintain what is right in the eyes of the God you worship and leave the rest for him.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by odehaj: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
justaqad: Salam Alaykum
'Every muslim is a potential terrorist' as widely speculated by non-muslims.i believe the muslim ummah are not doing enough to stop this menace trying to smug Islam.terrorism is war against Islam,it must be met with stern resistance and rejection by all muslims.i am not implying we are not doing enough but our best is not good enough.muslims are converting to other religions due to the damaging effects of terrorism.Islam is the shield terrorist use to perpetrate this evil,callous,inhumane,barbaric,and uncivilized act.
Fighting and winning terrorism can only be obtainable through massive psychological re-evaluation.i am freaking mad when i hear muslim clerics say those perpetrating this evil are not real muslims,they lack the basic understanding of Islam.when will they be made to understand Islam?the prophet(saw) said!the best amongst you is the one who learns Quran and teaches it'
reciting the quran without knowing and understanding what you are saying does not make you a shielk! Most muslims dont have reasonable reason why they are muslim,thereby falling prey to conversion.i have seen muslim gladiators displaying their unmatched and unequal knowledge on public forums,but how many of these enegies has been channeled to enlightened the teeming ignorant muslim population?i became a muslim when i understood what islam is all about.i had doubts but my doubts was cleared with refreshed knowledge of islam.Today i am convinced as a muslim,not because i was born into a muslim home but because i understand islam.i understand what Allah requires of ME.i am not perfect but trying to perfect my inperfections.i cannot be brainwashed to do anything contrary to what the quran stipulates.
This is because i am a convinced Muslim.If every muslim holds this conviction,practice islam according to the will of Allah,Islam will become most adorable.
So Dont get mad when you are being labeled a terrorist!because YOU and I(Muslims) can stop this evil.
Salam.
Does it mean that Muslims in Afghanistan,Somalia,Sudan,Egypt,the middle east,Nigeria etc do not understand d quoran? Then you must be advocating for another Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
I recommended for a post to be hidden and the mod decided to hide mine too. Or is it because I quoted the post? Pls can the mods explain to me, I don't get it.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by takedat(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
justwise:

I totally understand the picture you just painted, but you just have to understand that there are people who will refused to learn and preferred taking the opposite view, religiously speaking...you do not give up on that person neither will you force your view on that person, your behaviors towards that person 'might' change his stand on certain things.

You can only maintain what is right in the eyes of the God you worship and leave the rest for him.
Indoctrination is not an easy battle to win cos once your mind is fixed on something and you believe its the right course,it becomes difficult for others to change you.A good example are Nigerian politicians no matter how well you preach to them they will hardly desist from corrupt practises.Such is the case with these terrorists who believe that 99percent of the muslim world is not practicing the true Islam and would make you feel that their belief is the best.Blind adherance and false ideology breeds terrorism not Islam
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by kq(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
I think we are all missing the point here. To everyone who says muslims are not trying enough please pray tell what are muslims supposed to do? I keep asking this same question and nobody can give a reasonable answer. Terrorism as it is known and attached to muslims in the modern sense is a recent phenomenon. Yasir Qadhi gives a good expose on a perspective of terrorism associated with muslims in the following video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JspeWtFJ8B4. I personally can use my family and friends as examples i dont know of anybody amongst them that supports Boko Haram or terrorism in any form. Yet people come on here and say muslims are not doing enough. Pray tell us what should we do? Form a muslim anti-terrorist group against terrorists.
In my own opinion the point we are all missing is simple and as captured by Milton " the human mind is in itself a place of its own and can make hell out of heaven and heaven out of hell" (i think i got the quote a little wrong) but the idea is as human beings whether religionist or non religionist there is that tendency to give our own perceptions and understandings to events in life. A muslim standing up to the terrorists and telling them suicide bombing is not acceptable in Islam does not mean anything to the terrorists because they have their own reasons and interpretations for what they are doing. When Shina Rambo was terrorizing Nigeria do you think it would have been appropriate for a foreigner to say " well if you cant catch him then all Nigerians are co-conspirators with him".
I dont support Boko Haram and in my own opinion there should be no dialogue with them because even according to the Sharia they have to be made to answer for the crimes committed. Honestly i dont know how asking every muslim individually to denounce Boko Haram stops them. Even to Boko Haram the rest of us muslims are just not good enough as muslims.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Sike(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
justaqad: Salam Alaykum
'Every muslim is a potential terrorist' as widely speculated by non-muslims.i believe the muslim ummah are not doing enough to stop this menace trying to smug Islam.terrorism is war against Islam,it must be met with stern resistance and rejection by all muslims.i am not implying we are not doing enough but our best is not good enough.muslims are converting to other religions due to the damaging effects of terrorism.Islam is the shield terrorist use to perpetrate this evil,callous,inhumane,barbaric,and uncivilized act.
Fighting and winning terrorism can only be obtainable through massive psychological re-evaluation.i am freaking mad when i hear muslim clerics say those perpetrating this evil are not real muslims,they lack the basic understanding of Islam.when will they be made to understand Islam?the prophet(saw) said!the best amongst you is the one who learns Quran and teaches it'
reciting the quran without knowing and understanding what you are saying does not make you a shielk! Most muslims dont have reasonable reason why they are muslim,thereby falling prey to conversion.i have seen muslim gladiators displaying their unmatched and unequal knowledge on public forums,but how many of these enegies has been channeled to enlightened the teeming ignorant muslim population?i became a muslim when i understood what islam is all about.i had doubts but my doubts was cleared with refreshed knowledge of islam.Today i am convinced as a muslim,not because i was born into a muslim home but because i understand islam.i understand what Allah requires of ME.i am not perfect but trying to perfect my inperfections.i cannot be brainwashed to do anything contrary to what the quran stipulates.
This is because i am a convinced Muslim.If every muslim holds this conviction,practice islam according to the will of Allah,Islam will become most adorable.
So Dont get mad when you are being labeled a terrorist!because YOU and I(Muslims) can stop this evil.
Salam.
Jazakumullah khairan.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by bumps(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
The issue really is ones upbringing then the community which inturn form the society at large.im a muslim but i grew up among christains of other tribe,we attend same school as friend.tell me how on earth will i not be tolerant.my believe is that intolerence lead to hatred -while some christain bigot employ blackmail as a weapon,some muslim bigot adopt force as their own weapon
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by maclatunji: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
jammyng: I recommended for a post to be hidden and the mod decided to hide mine too. Or is it because I quoted the post? Pls can the mods explain to me, I don't get it.

Yes, it's because you quoted the post.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
odehaj: Does it mean that Muslims in Afghanistan,Somalia,Sudan,Egypt,the middle east,Nigeria etc do not understand d quoran? Then you must be advocating for another Islam.

What about Indonesia, Malaysia, Morocco, UAE, Qatar, Jordan etc? You need to stop following propaganda like a Droid.

Every country you mentioned has the interference of non-Muslims highly pronounced. We need to ask and understand why.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Olanifesi: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Subhanalah!
We should all noted that those people, who called themselves "boko haram" are non muslim but they hide under the umbrella of Islam. Because, Islam totally against such act. Islam thought us that we should not raised war or against the leader! Islam is indeed a sincere religion of Allah. Allah knows best and all mankind shall be judge according to his deed, wheather good or bad in the hereafter. Salam!
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by wuzman(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
2me all muslims have neglected their duties i.e preachn exactly the meaning of Quran and practisn it. That why we're being giving a name that we dont really bear.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by confusion247(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
Keemie: You are right, but I have never met any muslim who believes in bokoharam
I have mate many muslems from northern Nigeria that believes in boko haram fight as a legitimate fight. Who doesnt see boko haram as murderers rather they see them as freedom fighters.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
abbey621: @Poster - Coming to Nairaland and raising religious tensions won't solve anything, neither would your gentle words of encouragement for Muslims to take action. Nigeria is a messed up country and the people are responsible for their own sufferings, we all can blame religion all we want but whenever we decide to get back to reality, we would realize that the problem is greed, corruption and the cowardliness of our Nigerian people. Only in Nigeria do we protest name change, fuel prices and other menial issues and leave more crucial issues like violence, corruption and economy behind. Any country in which the people are not willing to die for their freedom is bound to fall. The central bank is busy introducing monetary policies that will triple inflation by creating a 5,000 naira note, our president is ensuring that more terrorists would emerge in the future by negotiating with extremists, more and more people are being killed by the death traps known as Nigerian roads and aviation industry and yet, we blame religion and yet we still see each other as Muslims and Christians instead of brothers and sisters, it is easier to blame the person from another religion instead of tackling the government, Nigeria needs a REVOLUTION not a religious SOLUTION.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by holahabib: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
ttt

1 Like

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by rbjimoh: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
Islam is a religion of peace. Anything short of that isn't Islam. As muslims, we go by the greeting: salam, which is peace. The irrefutability of the logic of Islam as a true religion cannot be missed by any rational human being. Its the only religion that has stood the test of time. Latest scientific discoveries have only came to confirm what the Qur'an told Man 1436 years ago. No wonder many people in the western hemisphere are turning into Islam. But it is regrettable today that many muslims in our clime here are turning away from Islam. And thats perhaps because they dont know what their religion means,and in fact they dont know. Otherwise, how could anyone sees the truest Light and yet chose darkness? Being muslim is comparable to anything else. Our worldview as muslims transcends what many paints it to be.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
Surely not all muslim are terrorist
But all terrrorists are muslims.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by akintayoridwan: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
[quote author=NobleAngell]Exactly... I also havnt.[/quote)did u meet them physically or in ur dream...jst curious
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by holahabib: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
ttt
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by maclatunji: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
mikedaniel76@gmail.com:
Surely not all muslim are terrorist
But all terrrorists are muslims.

Another automaton regurgigating his default lines. You have a brain of your own, learn to use it.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by akintayoridwan: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
[quote author=mikedaniel76@gmail.com]Surely not all muslim are terrorist
But all terrrorists are muslims.[/quote)//is dah fact or its from dah dulll brain
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by maclatunji: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
holahabib: Just a few days back, a mentally ill girl is being condemned 2 death 4 commiting blasphemy by desicrating the Quran and u call dat a religion of peace?

Yes we do because your simplistic thinking will not allow you to study Islam independently of news headlines that have little to do with its teachings. To make your nightmare complete, it is actually spreading around the world. All your attempts to "colour it bad", are futile. I laugh in Chinese.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by holahabib: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
ttt
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by rbjimoh: 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
Have critics of islam ever challenged themselves to know islam, as it is,as opposed to what the western media said it is? Do it today and your mind would be tempered by the words of your Creator. Just google: 'stories of why people come into islam in the west' and you'll be misty-eyed at the end of your read of how great islam is. Haven't you honestly told yourself that no faith could've stood the blasphemy of the critics, as it is against islam, other than true religion? Haven't the so-called men of knowledge tried to find inconsistencies in the Qur'an vis-a-vis scientific evidences and only found Qur'an propositions far ahead of thinking of mortal men? Haven't you read that the meeting of Indian ocean and atlantic ocean, where there is no physical barrier seperating them but do not flow into each other, discovered by a Friend scientist in 1940s, had being a truth told in the Qur'an since its revelation?...have you...
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Poster,God bless u.I like d part u dat u said,muslims should read d quran in d language dat they know.Personally i don't belive in hadit,i belive muslims do not know d true power of quran.They only wait and listen 2 translation dat is mixed with hadit by d so call mallan or Alfas.D sooner muslims start using quran alone d better.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
rbjimoh: Have critics of islam ever challenged themselves to know islam, as it is,as opposed to what the western media said it is? Do it today and your mind would be tempered by the words of your Creator. Just google: 'stories of why people come into islam in the west' and you'll be misty-eyed at the end of your read of how great islam is. Haven't you honestly told yourself that no faith could've stood the blasphemy of the critics, as it is against islam, other than true religion? Haven't the so-called men of knowledge tried to find inconsistencies in the Qur'an vis-a-vis scientific evidences and only found Qur'an propositions far ahead of thinking of mortal men? Haven't you read that the meeting of Indian ocean and atlantic ocean, where there is no physical barrier seperating them but do not flow into each other, discovered by a Friend scientist in 1940s, had being a truth told in the Qur'an since its revelation?...have you...

Comment like that is not helpful, blame the west game does not cover the real issue here, we all know that there are people within Islam who are committing all sorts of crimes in the name of Islam, genuine Muslims are too quite to speak out against these individuals who damaging the name of their religion. There are many Muslims in the west, what are they doing to present the true Islam? Don't blame the west, blame people who twist the teaching of your religion because its not hard to google those misguided teaching posted by some people who claimed to be speaking for Islam and not the west.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by holahabib: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
ttt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammad Alee Jabata Is Not Among Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jam'a - A Misguided Preacher / Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts / Scholarships In The Islamic University Of Madinah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.