₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,296,080 members, 5,044,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2019 at 08:31 PM

Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim (10133 Views)

An Opinion Of A Serious Muslim Brother - about Nikkah Matching Service / Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This / Honest Reasons Why I Am Not A Muslim! (for Tbaba). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by trustidkid: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju: Dude.. You are advocating scrapping the Quoran as it is today and re-writing it..

HOW CAN YOU THINK OF SCRAPPING THE HOLY QUR'AN. IT IS BEYOND ANY MAN COMPREHENSION...IT IS NOT LIKE OTHER BOOKS THAT CAN BE EDITED, MODIFIED AND/OR UPDATED BY ANY PROFESSOR. IT IS A DIVINE BOOK.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Walecole74: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
omodapson: In whatever we do, our relationship with God should be first, while religion should follow. God was before any religion, religion is only the creation of human beings and it is at best an element of segregation. If we believe that everything God creates is good, then the question of hate will disappear and tolerance will be embraced through and through.

Just my own opinion.

I agree with ur position on this issue.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by abdurrazaq(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
That muslims around the world are termed terrorists won‘t eliminate terrorism. Nigeria is a Nation with muslims in the north and the south but, we have only heard of boko haram in the north.
In essence, so many people act based on their cultural beliefs and try to justify the actions with their religious belief but it doesn‘t make their actions islamic or christlike.
Some may argue that verses in the Quran supports violence but my take on that is anybody who believe such should get a copy od the Quran for him/herself. One sure thing is that a muslim should protect his life as much as he could, that of his households and neighbours against threats of any kind not becoming threat to the community.
I am not in any position to judge but I‘m sure that:
Boko haram is not islamic
Al-qaeda is not islamic
Any ‘muslim‘ who openly or secretely suppot them or similar terror groups is not part of us.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by mbhs139(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2012
abbey621: @Poster - Coming to Nairaland and raising religious tensions won't solve anything, neither would your gentle words of encouragement for Muslims to take action. Nigeria is a messed up country and the people are responsible for their own sufferings, we all can blame religion all we want but whenever we decide to get back to reality, we would realize that the problem is greed, corruption and the cowardliness of our Nigerian people. Only in Nigeria do we protest name change, fuel prices and other menial issues and leave more crucial issues like violence, corruption and economy behind. Any country in which the people are not willing to die for their freedom is bound to fall. The central bank is busy introducing monetary policies that will triple inflation by creating a 5,000 naira note, our president is ensuring that more terrorists would emerge in the future by negotiating with extremists, more and more people are being killed by the death traps known as Nigerian roads and aviation industry and yet, we blame religion and yet we still see each other as Muslims and Christians instead of brothers and sisters, it is easier to blame the person from another religion instead of tackling the government, Nigeria needs a REVOLUTION not a religious SOLUTION.

I agree with you. The problem is more of our social values than religion.

The religion thing is just to divert our attention to something else. This country is going to take its place of pride the moment we able to defy the guns and jackboot of the soldiers by taking to the street to protest more germaine issues like corruption like you said. otherwise, we'll continue in our vicious cycle of poverty.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by mbhs139(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2012
omodapson: In whatever we do, our relationship with God should be first, while religion should follow. God was before any religion, religion is only the creation of human beings and it is at best an element of segregation. If we believe that everything God creates is good, then the question of hate will disappear and tolerance will be embraced through and through.

Just my own opinion.

Walecole74:

I agree with ur position on this issue.

I second your opinion. God first in our thought.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Olanifesi: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2012
holahabib: Islam has to be ready to allow and be
tolerant of criticism and live
judgement to whoever it deems is
God or Allah, whichever they choose.
Tune to your very own AlJazeera and
see for yourself what Islam is
synonymous to........violence,
beheading, amputating, suicide
bombing, etc.
And anyone that openly criticises
islam gets a fatua or whateva placed
on his head with his neck to be
slaugthered like a ram and you this
very poster will gladly stay in the
same room screaming AllahuAkbar
when it's being done.
bombing, etc.
when it's being done.
bombing, etc.
when it's being done.
Re: Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim by Herbiodun09(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2012
LWKMD, It aint a story book now.

trustidkid:

HOW CAN YOU THINK OF SCRAPPING THE HOLY QUR'AN. IT IS BEYOND ANY MAN COMPREHENSION...IT IS NOT LIKE OTHER BOOKS THAT CAN BE EDITED, MODIFIED AND/OR UPDATED BY ANY PROFESSOR. IT IS A DIVINE BOOK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prohibition On Married Couple Forming A Relationship With Someone Else In Islam / What Is The Concept Of Faith In Islam? / Ramadan Kareem To You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.