Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (126332 Views)

What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / The Green Snakes Of Okposi, Ebonyi State / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nayah(f): 12:47am On Aug 24, 2012
To all..;seriously how can you do that, I mean how come you can turn a simple thread into a useless "war competition", and for what? flags
"Mumu", "followers", inferiority complexed ( overused) "beggars" etc...poor Africa undecided
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 12:49am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: just really sucks when you go to African events and

u see most africans with green, red n yellow flag, all over the place tongue

not so unique

but when we Nigerians enter the place, we just stand out =green white green cool

A flag representing Niger-Area!!

I think it fits perfectly..

Green for the love of money!! White for the Bleaching cream!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by anonymous6(f): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

We call it gold... As I said... It is not the colors only but, what it means... wink wink wink

If you know history you would know it is Ghana and EGYPT!!!

Egypt later went on to doing Pan-Arab Ideals though!!!

Ethiopia was free all those years but, never really tried to bring freedom to neighboring groups countries... After the British helped them avoid colonization by arming them and giving them logistics they used that power to try to colonize other countries lands grin grin grin grin grin grin... Mainly Somalia and Eritrea grin grin grin grin

There is not a single movement funded by them to get others out of colonization but the fact that they were not officially colonized was an inspiration...

interesting
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 12:50am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Green for the love of money!! White for the Bleaching cream!!! grin grin grin grin grin

grin funny
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by ezotik: 12:51am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: just really sucks when you go to African events and

u see most africans with green, red n yellow flag, all over the place tongue

not so unique

but when we Nigerians enter the place, we just stand out =green white green cool

dont worry, u will join the rest of the 'mumus' when u get ur biafra

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRubQmnEBUMyz9F0IvOVfZpfKuhpOn-mNPn6MmzVqOZSYaznee_2A[/img]
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by anonymous6(f): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

green stands for agriculture and wealth and the white stands for peace
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 12:53am On Aug 24, 2012
anonymous6:

interesting

If one is to write history honestly... Egyptians did more in the name of Pan-Africanism than Ethiopia did!!! I think the fact that they transitioned to Pan-Arabism and decided to become a power in the Middle East allowed this history to be forgotten...
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2012
ya all taking things too seriously grin

its just that I went to an ethiopian group and they were bragging abt them being the "THE BIRTH OF NATIONS" grin that if not for the Ethiopian flag-African wldnt know abt colours grin

that ethiopians set the pace for Africa grin

first African country to win a medal @ the olympics
the host of African Union and bla bla

dumb pple
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2012
ezotik:

dont worry, u will join the rest of the 'mumus' when u get ur biafra

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRubQmnEBUMyz9F0IvOVfZpfKuhpOn-mNPn6MmzVqOZSYaznee_2A[/img]

not so much its green red black just like kenya

so it wont be too follow, follow tongue
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 12:56am On Aug 24, 2012
anonymous6:

There has been debate about that from some black diasporians about some ghanians intentions, so you may have a point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFviE37E2Y

When it comes to Ethiopia you are right, it was the other way around when it came to the Rastafarians and selassie guy or whatever his name is

LOL nice vid !ghana peeps got no dignity at all :beggars !
Ethiopia is a proud nation ,most ethiopians want no tie with slavery or black diasporians
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 12:58am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: ya all taking things too seriously grin

its just that I went to an ethiopian group and they were bragging abt them being the "THE BIRTH OF NATIONS" grin that if not for the Ethiopian flag-African wldnt know abt colours grin

that ethiopians set the pace for Africa grin

first African country to win a medal @ the olympics
the host of African Union and bla bla

dumb pple

Oh I did not know this was that type of thread... I thought it was for serious historical analysis...

If it is just a troll thread I will start by saying....

ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE Ethiopia!!

RIP Meles Zenawi!! Dead at 57!!

All the African Presidents are dying!!

More proof to NOT stay in power for too long!! wink wink wink He did do a decent job in some areas though from what I was reading on some news sites!!
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by anonymous6(f): 12:59am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

Ethiopia is a proud nation ,most ethiopians want no tie with slavery or black diasporians

True, they are the number one africans plus somalis, eritreans, or horners that tend to not want no connection with african american and Caribbeans based on experience
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 12:59am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

because they don't see themselves as black angry
they feel superior 2 other black people

and those dumbas-s Jamaicans will be worshipping them like no mans business

jamaican model

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 12:59am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

That video is over 5 years old!!

Ghana is still the most African country in Africa!! Imagine one going to Nigeria!! They would be eaten alive!! Literally!!

Ghana is what you expect when you think of Africa! The culture, music etc etc...

Not Islamist Barbarians, Confused Negroes, Thieves and criminal dogs! ETC ETC!!

GIVE ME GHANA!!!

Only Ghanaian RULE can save Africa!!
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 12:59am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

and they feel superior 2 other black people

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

and they feel superior 2 other black people

Who cares if they think they are Black or not!!!grin grin grin grin

The Ethiopians I meet in real life are quiet humble nice people!! wink wink wink

But in reality Ghanaians get along with everybody...

The only nation without an inferiority complex!!
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:05am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

they feel superior 2 other black people

"black" is a color not an identity

they feel superior because many africans esp ghanaians act like slaves
to be honest ,I don't even care about ethiopians and what they consider themselves
I just appreciate their sense of dignity

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by ezotik: 1:06am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

not so much its green red black just like kenya

so it wont be too follow, follow tongue

lol... why wont it be follow, follow? didnt u see the 3 colors red, gold/yellow and green in the non-existent biafran flag?

the bold black for now signifies that igbos are predominately dark but they want to come off as light, hence the little splash of yellow in the middle.

so by time they fully get independence, the black will be bleached out and replaced with yellow.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:09am On Aug 24, 2012
I was trying to quote Anonymous this time
Exactly !you would never see them claim those diasporians
To be honest ,when it comes to slavery ,there 's nothing to be proud of
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:
"black" is a color not an identity

they feel superior because many africans esp ghanaians act like slaves
to be honest ,I don't even care about ethiopians and what they consider themselves
I just appreciate their sense of dignity

Your jealousy of Ghana will kill you!! Ghana acts the LEAST like slaves!!

Ethiopia and NIGERIA act more as slaves!!

Go find out the biggest aid recipients in Africa!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2012
Nigerians didn't follow ethiopian but almost follow... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:14am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Your jealousy of Ghana will kill you!! Ghana acts the LEAST like slaves!!

Ethiopia and NIGERIA act more as slaves!!

Go find out the biggest aid recipients in Africa!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Boy ,you are the one clowning on a NIGERIAN board !
we don't even know where ghana is .... lol
go beg black diasporians some money hahaha
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:15am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:
Exactly !you would never see them claim those diasporians
To be honest ,when it comes to slavery ,there 's nothing to be proud of

Ghana has the most Slave Castles in Africa! FACT!!!

What is shocking is that I have been following the genetic studies of many Celebrities and you almost never see Ghanaian come up... Mainly Nigerian and Angolan groups... Makes sense looking the population of Nigeria...

I claim all black people as my people but, in reality I think most are of Nigerian and Angolan Origin... The Ghanaian decent are mainly those from the small Carribean Islands...

For example I watched a show called African-American lives and not a single person tested was a Ghanaian ethnic group.. I think this is so because Barbarians use to walk slaves from Nigeria, Benin, Togo etc etc to Ghana...

The Ghanaians who ended up in Slavery were mainly the victims of war... like the Maroons of Jamaica and other Caribean Islands... Akan rivalry in the 1600's to 1900's...

Let me reiterate!!

Slavery is not embarrassing especially since many of the decedents of slaves are doing MUCH better than people in Ethiopia!! grin grin grin grin grin

In fact they put more in the world economy in one year than Ethiopia has in 20!!! shocked shocked shocked !!!
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:16am On Aug 24, 2012
'LMAO! before the Ethiopians kicked me out of their group tongue tongue[b] after calling me west African baboon and wide nose nigga grin[/b], chei I don suffer!

when i fired them and call them confused poor refugee niggaz, malnourished land etc. .poor grin look at what some ethio told me

"Aren't you from that poor country Ethiopia?!?!
Not just Poor, but also the Only African nation Never colonized, First African's to win gold in the olympics, The African nation with its own written Alphabet,The country that practiced Christianity before Europeans and accepted Islam before the Middle East! The country with the flag colors that everyone rocks without even knowing what it means (green, yellow, red)! The country tongue that is the origin of the coffee you sip, The country with so much culture and spirituality that you can't even comprehend! Yes!!! I am from that BEAUTIFUL country and Proud of it!!!!!!"

these pple are really living in past glory! undecided ethiopia is nothing but a dump @ the moment
I HATE ETHIOPIANS, racists!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:17am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: 'LMAO! before the Ethiopians kicked me out of their group tongue tongue after calling me west African baboon and wide nose nigga grin, chei I don suffer!

when i fired them and call them confused poor refugee niggaz, malnourished land etc. .poor grin look at what some ethio told me

Not just Poor, but also the Only African nation Never colonized, First African's to win gold in the olympics, The African nation with its own written Alphabet,The country that practiced Christianity before Europeans and accepted Islam before the Middle East! The country with the flag colors that everyone rocks without even knowing what it means (green, yellow, red)! The country tongue that is the origin of the coffee you sip, The country with so much culture and spirituality that you can't even comprehend! Yes!!! I am from that BEAUTIFUL country and Proud of it!!!!!!"

these pple are really living in past glory! undecided ethiopia is nothing but a dump @ the moment

Based on the internet?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:20am On Aug 24, 2012
linda_1: Nigerians didn't follow ethiopian but almost follow... grin grin grin
grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2012
black MY story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBpKk9DQR3A

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Only Ghanaian Rule can save Africa!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

People with an inferiority complex like Nigerians must NEVER be allowed anywhere near power!!! wink wink wink wink

Black MY story!!

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nayah(f): 1:23am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: 'LMAO! before the Ethiopians kicked me out of their group tongue tongue[b] after calling me west African baboon and wide nose nigga grin[/b], chei I don suffer!

The problem is that you guys give them reasons to be "superior" or whatever...if you see some sections on here we can see many threads about Ethio/Somali( skin, models, comparison and so on)...giving them this feeling of superiority so this is not a surprise

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:25am On Aug 24, 2012
Nayah:

The problem is that you guys give them reasons to be "superior" or whatever...if you see some sections on here we can see many threads about Ethio/Somali( skin, models, comparison and so on)...giving them this feeling of superiority so this is not a surprise

Every group should feel superior!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you go to a Ghanaian site there would be Ghanaian supremacy!! The problem with Nigeria is there is no real common identity!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:25am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Based on the internet?? grin grin grin grin grin

I was kicked out from their group because I was black shocked
when ayanle that dumb somali on NL told me Ethiopians hate black people, I didnt believe it

but when I went to their group and experienced their so called uneccessary complex shocked I was shocked

and this quote is everywhere in their group. they post it every time like its their national anthem. thats how i knew the origin of the shitty green, red, yellow tongue grin
they said they feel superior to other Africans because of these dumb accomplishments grin and yea because they have tiny noses and feel more beautiful

Aren't you from that poor country Ethiopia?!?!
Not just Poor, but also the Only African nation Never colonized, First African's to win gold in the olympics, The African nation with its own written Alphabet,The country that practiced Christianity before Europeans and accepted Islam before the Middle East! The country with the flag colors that everyone rocks without even knowing what it means (green, yellow, red)! The country that is the origin of the coffee you sip, The country with so much culture and spirituality that you can't even comprehend! Yes!!! I am from that BEAUTIFUL country and Proud of it!!!!!!
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by ezotik: 1:26am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: 'LMAO! before the Ethiopians kicked me out of their group tongue tongue[b] after calling me west African baboon and wide nose nigga grin[/b], chei I don suffer!

unless u have another quote, there was nothing racist about the comment. he/she is someone who is sure of where he/she is coming from and proud of it. u were the one who actually made a racist comment judging from what u have posted.
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by ezotik: 1:27am On Aug 24, 2012
btw, who send u go there? u wan go thief their pictures come post for nairaland... ole!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38)

The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.