Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? (30015 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 24, 2012
Okay I wanted to make this quick and simple thread. Nigerian women are very underrated on the internet(Besides this site). People underrate them a lot and think they are all ugly and look the same. Here in NY state I've dated some fine Naija women could give Black American women are run their money. But on the internet many people think Naija women are the least attractive women. I even seen Nigerian men underrate their women. Why is this?

Heck it's not just Nigerians that are underrated, but west, central and south Africans. Many people underrate them and overrate Horners. I'll admit it is sometimes us AA men that overrate horners, but I still think Horners are the most overrated group of women. Now I like all types of African women, I think Naija women are the best looking women in Africa in my opinion.. I just wanted to get this of my chest, before I lock up the store.

So what are you guys thoughts?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2012
Go and sleep if u have nothin 2 say.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima(f): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Black women in general are underrated. There are many talks about Black women being least desired than other nationalities.

Of course there are some Nigerian chicks that look better than some Black American chicks and vice versa.

What is your point really? Are you trying to find a wife on Nairaland? Regardless what many chatters say about some Nigerian women not marrying nor dating Black American men...they are lying.

Just be yourself and one will bite your hook one day.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
The same thing can be said about Black American men underrating their Black American women.

This is chat....dont base real life off chat.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
KingMichael777: Okay I wanted to make this quick and simple thread. Nigerian women are very underrated on the internet(Besides this site). People underrate them a lot and think they are all ugly and look the same. Here in NY state I've dated some fine Naija women could give Black American women are run their money. But on the internet many people think Naija women are the least attractive women. I even seen Nigerian men underrate their women. Why is this?

Heck it's not just Nigerians that are underrated, but west, central and south Africans. Many people underrate them and overrate Horners. I'll admit it is sometimes us AA men that overrate horners, but I still think Horners are the most overrated group of women. Now I like all types of African women, I think Naija women are the best looking women in Africa in my opinion.. I just wanted to get this of my chest, before I lock up the store.

So what are you guys thoughts?

and Naija girls are fun and cooool. .we are loud but we still got class and a diamond

Nigerian men just enjoy yabbing Nigerian girls as if they are that handsome themselves
besides most of these Nigerian men that yabb Nigerian girls were just dissed or hurt by Nigerian girls
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
nne3870: Go and sleep if u have nothin 2 say.

oh pls shut up, agbaya!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

oh pls shut up, agbaya!
surely he has noticed u, u dn't nid 2 insult me. Ezi ofia

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
nne3870:
smiley oh your cool! sorry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima1(f): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
nne3870:
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Black women in general are underrated. There are many talks about Black women being least desired than other nationalities.

Of course there are some Nigerian chicks that look better than some Black American chicks and vice versa.

What is your point really? Are you trying to find a wife on Nairaland? Regardless what many chatters say about some Nigerian women not marrying nor dating Black American men...they are lying.

I'm just trying to understand. I know I shouldn't be basing things off of the internet, but I just wanted to know.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

and Naija girls are fun and cooool. .we are loud but we still got class and a diamond

Nigerian men just enjoy yabbing Nigerian girls as if they are that handsome themselves
besides most of these Nigerian men that yabb Nigerian girls were just dissed or hurt by Nigerian girls

I noticed that.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

+ a MILLI! cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Blyss: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I know loads of Nigerian chicks dating, married to and or engaged to Black-American guys, including my wife and her sister. I even have a neighbor who's a Nigerian Fulani woman, and she's married to a Black-American Muslim brotha. I even know a few who have only ever dated Black and white American men out of preference. cheesy So whoever it is that is stating that Nigerian girls don't connect with BA guys, I'd have to seriously question if they truly live in this nation, because from my observation, such a paring is not only present but is not even uncommon, and is actually growing rather fast.. especially among the second and 3rd generation Nigerian-American females , as more and more Nigerian-American guys are flocking to Black, Caribbean, white, Asian and Hispanic American girls, leaving behind less and less of a pool for Nigerian females to choose from for a Nigerian spouse.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by anonymous6(f): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Blyss:

I know loads of Nigerian chicks dating, married to and or engaged to Black-American guys, including my wife and her sister. I even have a neighbor who's a Nigerian Fulani woman, and she's married to a Black-American Muslim brotha. I even know a few who have only ever dated Black and white American men out of preference. cheesy So whoever it is that is stating that Nigerian girls don't connect with BA guys, I'd have to seriously question if they truly live in this nation, because from my observation, such a paring is not only present but is not even uncommon, and is actually growing rather fast.. especially among the second and 3rd generation Nigerian-American females , as more and more Nigerian-American guys are flocking to Black, Caribbean, white, Asian and Hispanic American girls, leaving behind less and less of a pool for Nigerian females to choose from for a Nigerian spouse.

You have some points but you forget to mention something vital, the tribe where these majority of Nigerian americans are from that marry out and in most cases majority of them are from eastern Nigeria, mostly of igbo decent. Those are the ones I see fit into that trend alot but for me I am yoruba, born and raised in America, and many of females of my background married yoruba or edo, mostly the women followed by the men(including many in my family). So depending on what tribe you may be right, and what I have seen mostly amongst the people of my tribe born and raised in America many of them ended up with Nigerians and even preferred that. Your wife is igbo so it will make sense with your observation since that is the circle you mostly bump into.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by anonymous6(f): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

True
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima1(f): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
anonymous6:

You have some points but you forget to mention something vital, the tribe where these majority of Nigerian americans are from that marry out, and in most cases majority of them are from eastern Nigeria, mostly of igbo decent. Those are the ones I see that trend alot but for me I am yoruba born and raised in America, and many of them married yoruba or edo, mostly the women followed by the men. So depending on what tribe you may be right, and what I have seen mostly amongst the people of my tribe born and raised in America many of them ended up with Nigerians and even preferred that. Your wife is igbo so it will make sense with your observation since that is the circle you mostly bump into.

It still doesn't change the fact that there are many Nigerian women who aren't Igbo married to NON-NIGERIAN men. Five Yoruba chicks married non-Nigerian men in the last year. Three Igbo chicks married Igbo men in the last year. I can go down the line but it would be a waste of time.

Where YOU ARE only a small part of America and doesn't represent the entire mass.

More than too many Nigerian men are married to and dating non-Nigerian women. There is a particular chatter on the Romance section who feel the need to constantly remind Nairaland he isn't interested in Nigerian chicks.

Although many not just Nigerians who choose to marry their own doesn't change the rise of interracial, intercultural, and inter-ethnicity marriages and relationships.

Regardless of how you and I feel about who is doing what and why...it not going to change who people wants to marry and date.

An Edo chick is getting married to a non-Nigerian man next month. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by anonymous6(f): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

It still doesn't change the fact that there are many Nigerian women who aren't Igbo married to NON-NIGERIAN men. Five Yoruba chicks married non-Nigerian men in the last year. Three Igbo chicks married Igbo men in the last year. I can go down the line but it would be a waste of time.

Where YOU ARE only a small part of America and doesn't represent the entire mass.

More than too many Nigerian men are married to and dating non-Nigerian women. There is a particular chatter on the Romance section who feel the need to constantly remind Nairaland he isn't interested in Nigerian chicks.

Although many not just Nigerians who choose to marry their own doesn't change the rise of interracial, intercultural, and inter-ethnicity marriages and relationships.

Regardless of how you and I feel about who is doing what and why...it not going to change who people wants to marry and date.

An Edo chick is getting married to a non-Nigerian man next month. wink

I am not denying Nigerians marry out whether racially or ethnically, but as I said that doesn't mean majority of Nigerians are doing it, so to paint a picture as if droves are doing it, is not right because I see the reverse, So I wouldn't dispute the weddings you've seen and been to because I have seen some like that as well but they are not the majority, but as I said before the tribal dating and marriage patterns from tribe to tribe marrying and dating outside are different. I have been to many Nigerian weddings over the years(including my siblings and many of my female cousins), and most stayed with their own, and most were yoruba(particularly the women).I have noticed also igbo's tend to be closer to african americans then Yoruba's at times due to the ancestral connection to the tribes.

I guess it comes down to the fact also how you are raised from nigerian parents and the circle of Nigerians you are with, their are many different circles of Nigerians in America.

When it comes to Nigerian American men and Nigerian men, yes their are some that do marry out racially and ethnically but they are not the majority and at times don't have a desire to marry Nigerian women in the first place like the example of the one you mentioned in the romance section. At the sametime I have seen many Nigerian men prefer their own, even one Nigerian american man(yoruba) I know who I am friends with did this as well: http://saharareporters.com/article/why-nigerians-america-come-home-marry
Some are successful, but my opinion about it is mixed.

majority always stay with their own
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima1(f): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
If you say so....

Reality will always be reality.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Blyss: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
anonymous6:

You have some points but you forget to mention something vital, the tribe where these majority of Nigerian americans are from that marry out and in most cases majority of them are from eastern Nigeria, mostly of igbo decent. Those are the ones I see fit into that trend alot but for me I am yoruba, born and raised in America, and many of females of my background married yoruba or edo, mostly the women followed by the men(including many in my family). So depending on what tribe you may be right, and what I have seen mostly amongst the people of my tribe born and raised in America many of them ended up with Nigerians and even preferred that. Your wife is igbo so it will make sense with your observation since that is the circle you mostly bump into.

Well, your observations are a bit on target in this regard. I'll admit that a rather large percentage seem to be South Easterners, this seems to be due to various reasons, but mostly based on the fact of that South Easterners are just a more open minded people integration friendly people. This is why you find so many more Igbo-Americans and other South Eastern Nigerian ethnics involved in basketball, and American Football here in the US, than you do other regional groups.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by anonymous6(f): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
Blyss:

Well, your observations are a bit on target in this regard. I'll admit that a rather large percentage seem to be South Easterners, this seems to be due to various reasons, but mostly based on the fact of that South Easterners are just a more open minded people integration friendly people. This is why you find so m[b]any more Igbo-Americans and other South Eastern Nigerian ethnics involved in basketball, and American Football here in the US, than you do[/b] other regional groups.

interesting
well true their are alot of igbo Americans in American football and basketball
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
nne3870: Go and sleep if u have nothin 2 say.

i personally think you are very beautiful, from the look on your dp. but you should have used less bleach/powder. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^That's mercy Johnson. OLODO!!

@Blyss: Were u not d one telling me d other day that AA men do not desire Nigerian women??......
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^That's mercy Johnson. OLODO!!

@Blyss: Were u not d one telling me d other day that AA men do not desire Nigerian women??......

oh ok. i dont watch much 9JA movies. well then that message is for her.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz:

The AA's that are not use to seeing Naija girls are the ones that are not into them. But in my area I see a lot of bad naija girls.. Mainly Igbo and some AAM do date them. They sometimes mistake them for AAW.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima1(f): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i personally think you are very beautiful, from the look on your dp. but you should have used less bleach/powder. wink

Oh my damn! An "African" male do not know an African film star when he sees one?!!!!!!!!!

I am not Nigerian nor African BUT KNOW THAT IS MERCY JOHNSON!!!! She is really good with Van Vicker in most of the films.

Sucks to be you! grin grin grin grin grin grin Prove my point that all Africans don't know everything pertaining to Africa. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by MrsChima1(f): 1:09am On Aug 29, 2012
KingMichael777:

The AA's that are not use to seeing Naija girls are the ones that are not into them. But in my area I see a lot of bad naija girls.. Mainly Igbo and some AAM do date them. They sometimes mistake them for AAW.

It is the Black American and Carrib men that do not date ANY AFRICAN girls....not just Nigerian girls. There are many Black men who bypass fione black girls for non-Black chicks.

It has nothing to do with looks more so what they are into.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:28am On Aug 29, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Oh my damn! An "African" male do not know an African film star when he sees one?!!!!!!!!!

I am not Nigerian nor African BUT KNOW THAT IS MERCY JOHNSON!!!! She is really good with Van Vicker in most of the films.

Sucks to be you! grin grin grin grin grin grin Prove my point that all Africans don't know everything pertaining to Africa. grin grin grin

i dont care for modern movies. it has nothing to do with African culture,. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Blyss: 3:18am On Aug 29, 2012

No, you must be thinking of KONY, or whatever his name is. He says that all the time on here, but I must admit that he's partially right, in that a lot, MOST BA guys, will not give an African girl who is too, too dark, and or too "African" looking in features the time a day, unless they were REALLY pretty. Most African girls who seem to attract the eye of MOST BA guys are those whom have a look in which is common among BA females; AKA those who get the "Oh, you're African. You don't look African" response. cheesy Igbo, and other SE Nigerians are heavily populated with people who have that look, and when in the US, many seem to blend ambiguously within the BA population because of it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
I've never bashed naija women smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
[size=18pt]Black women in general are underrated.[/size] There are many talks about Black women being least desired than other nationalities.

PUBLICLY at least, this is s true!

(As of last year, I became aware that men disliking black women period is completely FALSE!)

There are many Timmys, Ahmeds, Joses and Yin Chans lol that secretly admire BW. The problem is that many of us don't recognize our own beauty and try to hard to be like nonblacks. Some of the biggest supporters of the "go natural" movement are non-black men.

This is not to say that we should give a d*mn what other races think about us, but to take into consideration that we are just as good and need to take better care of ourselves and nurture our esteems.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2012

Mrs..Chima:

It is the Black American and Carrib men that do not date ANY AFRICAN girls....not just Nigerian girls. There are many Black men who bypass fione black girls for non-Black chicks.

It has nothing to do with looks more so what they are into.

PAGAN 9JA:

i dont care for modern movies. it has nothing to do with African culture,. undecided

lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
Blyss:

No, you must be thinking of KONY, or whatever his name is. He says that all the time on here, but I must admit that he's partially right, in that a lot, MOST BA guys, will not give an African girl who is too, too dark, and or too "African" looking in features the time a day, unless they were REALLY pretty. Most African girls who seem to attract the eye of MOST BA guys are those whom have a look in which is common among BA females; AKA those who get the "Oh, you're African. You don't look African" response. cheesy Igbo, and other SE Nigerians are heavily populated with people who have that look, and when in the US, many seem to blend ambiguously within the BA population because of it.

that is true.

another reason why we are a BIG part of the problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival / The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.