Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 (22230 Views)

Is The Bible Encouraging Bribe? Mathew 5 Vs 25 / Scriptures Expounded: Abstain From All Appearance Of Evil - 1 Thessalonians 5:22 / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
Bible Gurus: Can You Break Down Romans 11 Vs 25 And 2 Thessalonians 2 Vs 3

Romans 11 Vs 25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

2 Thessalonians 2 Vs 3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

smiley
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by emekaD3(m): 4:22am On Aug 26, 2012
TIME TO CONSULT IGBO BIBLE

12 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by folafola(m): 4:28am On Aug 26, 2012
this is talking about anti Christ, we have two group of school concerning anti Christ pre tribulation group and post tribulation group. pre tribulation group believe there would be rapture before antichrist while post tribulation group believe that antitrust would come before the second coming of Christ. by the way I think from all indications it seems the revelation of antitrust is imminent. soon there would be one government in the whole world. and then there will be mark on every loyal citizens of the world. cant you see what has been happening across the globe, no peace, war and discord every where and technology is improving daily. my brother we need the grace of Almighty to survive in this end time joooooor

12 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by ochallo: 4:32am On Aug 26, 2012
why not simply get a NIV bible instead of King James version. GO to bible gateway. com and check several versions.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
3 But don’t be fooled! People will rebel against God. Then before the Lord returns, the wicked[a] one who is doomed to be destroyed will appear.

Romans 11:25
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
The People of Israel Will Be Brought Back

25 My friends, I don’t want you Gentiles to be too proud of yourselves. So I will explain the mystery of what has happened to the people of Israel. Some of them have become stubborn, and they will stay like that until the complete number of you Gentiles has come in.

3 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by SisiKill1: 4:34am On Aug 26, 2012
^^^^Or read the entire chapter to understand the verse in context.

5 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by elampiro(m): 5:12am On Aug 26, 2012
folafola: this is talking about anti Christ, we have two group of school concerning anti Christ pre tribulation group and post tribulation group. pre tribulation group believe there would be rapture before antichrist while post tribulation group believe that antitrust would come before the second coming of Christ. by the way I think from all indications it seems the revelation of antitrust is imminent. soon there would be one government in the whole world. and then there will be mark on every loyal citizens of the world. cant you see what has been happening across the globe, no peace, war and discord every where and technology is improving daily. my brother we need the grace of Almighty to survive in this end time joooooor

People who believe in rapture base their believe in Mathew 24. But if you that chapter, you will discover there will be Tribulation before the coming of the Son of Man to separate the good from the bad. There won't be rapture or disappearance/vanishing of human beings ahead of the Tribulation. It is at the end of Tribulation the Son of Man will come and harvest. The chapter stated that the Antichrist. Will come and perform many miracles such that if possible, the elect will be deceived. Also read Revelation 13.

4 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by methodman(m): 5:29am On Aug 26, 2012
Time shall predict d son of perdition.

1 Like

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by ebamma(m): 5:39am On Aug 26, 2012
which levels nah,nairaland wan start their own church?

3 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by crackhouse(m): 6:01am On Aug 26, 2012
From Goodnews bible. Romans 11 v 25 says: there is a secret truth, my brothers and sisters, which i want you to know, for it will keep you from thinking how wise you are. It is that the stubbornness of the people of isreal is not permanent but will last only until the complete number of gentiles comes to God. 2 Thessalonians 2 v 3: Do not let anyone deceive you in any way. For the Day will not come until the final Rebellion takes place and the Wicked One appears, who is destined for hell.

1 Like

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by viccipedia: 6:06am On Aug 26, 2012
it just goes a long way to say that a lot of people will be fooled by signs and wonders from the devil....this will only be possible with false prophets who preach properity instead of escatiology who preach but not from the bible and the 1ns who preach from the bible turn it upside down so they can win souls....we also know that so many people will be surprised on that day... The bible realy explains all these things but people with blind faith sttill listen to false preaching.

1 Like

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 26, 2012
Now where is that my bible. . . .this is very interesting. Has anyone watched the movie series called "Left Behind"

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Okparaejike: 6:22am On Aug 26, 2012
My people u c Romans 11:25 is telling us that israel has fallin from grace and have not summited themselves to the will of God rather they stumbled at the rock of offence asking themselves how can this carpenters son says he is the son of God muslims too share in this ignorance so while they are still pondering the jentile have already believe the gospel and are save. 2Thes 2:3 is talkin about the pope he is the man of sin that will be reveal to the surprise of many people for he assume the possition that has no biblical root and seat as God many people view the pope as Gods voice on earth

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Delico(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2012
what abt the movie... Tell us...
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Goshen360(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2012
Na whaooo. Simple kweshion different interpretation.

@ OP,
Abeg no vex o, I don tire now you hear. It's sleep o'clock for me now. Make I go sleep small abeg. I will help you when I wake up IF nobody explain it to the best of your understanding/satisfaction. ~yawning~

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:11-12 NLT
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by y2kaustin(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2012
emeka.D.:
TIME TO CONSULT IGBO BIBLE
...Hope "money",won't be mentioned?
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by viccipedia: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Okpara ejike: My people u c Romans 11:25 is telling us that israel has fallin from grace and have not summited themselves to the will of God rather they stumbled at the rock of offence asking themselves how can this carpenters son says he is the son of God muslims too share in this ignorance so while they are still pondering the jentile have already believe the gospel and are save. 2Thes 2:3 is talkin about the pope he is the man of sin that will be reveal to the surprise of many people for he assume the possition that has no biblical root and seat as God many people view the pope as Gods voice on earth
I laf at ur stupidity... You think God will make so much emphasis on just a single post not that only 1 person owns it but after death the race for the post starts again, you need to change that perception, its absolutely wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Yaaaawns
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 26, 2012
Try the message version:
I want to lay all this out on the table as clearly as I can, friends. This is complicated. It would be easy to misinterpret what's going on and arrogantly assume that you're royalty and they're just rabble, out on their ears for good. But that's not it at all. This hardness on the part of insider Israel toward God is temporary. Its effect is to open things up to all the outsiders so that we end up with a full house. Before it's all over, there will be a complete Israel...

2 Thessalonians 2

1-3Now, friends, read these next words carefully. Slow down and don't go jumping to conclusions regarding the day when our Master, Jesus Christ, will come back and we assemble to welcome him. Don't let anyone shake you up or get you excited over some breathless report or rumored letter from me that the day of the Master's arrival has come and gone. Don't fall for any line like that.
3-5Before that day comes, a couple of things have to happen. First, the Apostasy. Second, the debut of the Anarchist, a real dog of Satan. He'll defy and then take over every so-called god or altar. Having cleared away the opposition, he'll then set himself up in God's Temple as "God Almighty." Don't you remember me going over all this in detail when I was with you? Are your memories that short?

Like someone mentioned earlier, I think reading the whole passage will show the context of the message. But this seems explanatory though.

4 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by fittty(m): 7:02am On Aug 26, 2012
undecided
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2012
The NairaL Cult aka Seun and Mods, just wanna mock christianity. What is this? Why not stick to your own God or god and let everyone be cool. Reading the entires chapter of that verse, is explainable. So pls guys,respect other religion

1 Like

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by ijawkid(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2012

##New International Version (©1984)
I do not want you to be ignorant of this
mystery, brothers, so that you may not be
conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening
in part until the full number of the Gentiles
has come in.
##New Living Translation (©2007)
I want you to understand this mystery, dear
brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel
proud about yourselves. Some of the people of
Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only
until the full number of Gentiles comes to
Christ.

Considering and concluding the illustration of the symbolic olive tree that paul talked about in the preceding verses,it is clear paul was not talking or fortelling an eleventh hour mass conversion of the Jews to christianity as some may think......verse 26 might make many wanna think that......

Let's see verse 26
New International Version (©1984)
And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
"The deliverer will come from Zion; he will
turn godlessness away from Jacob.

But on the contrary the pauls expression ""all isreal"" meant all spiritual ISREAL..christians who have been selected by holy spirit...He was saying in effect that the failure of the natural Jews to accept the messiah would not thwart Yahwehs purpose to have a spiritual ""OLIVE TREE"" full of productive branches....

This is in harmony with Jesus's own illustration of Himself as a vine whose nonproductive branches will be looped off.......

Jesus himself said @ john 15:1 $ 2

New International Version (NIV)
The Vine and the Branches
15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the
gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me
that bears no fruit, while every branch that
does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be
even more fruitful..........

It is true that the modern state of isreal was not fortold in the bible,the establishment of the nation of spiritual ISREAL(the isreal of GOD) certainly was!!......

So we gotta identify and associate with that spiritual nation in these time of the end and not clinging to a physical or any physical nation..........galatians 3:8 $ 9......

I'll be back for 2 thesellonians.....

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by 9javoice1(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Please read from vers 25-32 for you to understand fully wha the bible is talking about, if you venture reading it in igbo bible you will be happy more. any way read it below:

Romans 11:25-32
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“ The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”

27 “ This is [a]My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 [b]From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but [c]from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;

29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience,

31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy.

32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by obalola7: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2012
obadiah777: Bible Gurus: Can You Break Down Romans 11 Vs 25 And 2 Thessalonians 2 Vs 3

Romans 11 Vs 25

2 Thessalonians 2 Vs 3

smiley

Question 1
Romans 11 Vs 25
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

Answer

The bible makes us to understand that the gospel at first was for the Israelite(Romans 1:16) and they have decided not to accept it in the hope that Jesus was not the messiah and that they are expecting a messiah that will rather come not in the flesh as a man but in form of a spirit that is not born of man. So Paul is telling the gentiles that I hope that they are not ignorant of the fact that of this mystery: that the purpose of Jesus coming to the world was at first for the Israelite and now the gospel has now been extended to the gentiles (non Israelites: Act 10:28) so that they don’t pretend to be smart that they don’t know about the fact the Israel is blind towards accepting the gospel of Christ until the gentiles are fully proclaiming the gospel of Christ.

Reference

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Act 10: 28: And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Question 2
2 Thessalonians 2 Vs 3
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Answer

Paul was telling the gentiles not to be deceived by anyone telling them that the day of rapture will not come or Jesus is not coming back one day. Except in a circumstances where all believer (falling away)backslides or apostasy from the gospel of Christ(Rev.13.cool and there is no one to rapture and the entire church become colonized (Rev.13 v7)by the anti Christ the satan, devil known as the man of sin which will be revealed face to face during the time of anti Christ(when the world come to an end).

If you read verse 4 of 2 Thessalonians 2 vs 4 “4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”(King James Version) you will see that it referenced with Revelation 13:5,6
I will recommend reading the entire Revelation 13

Reference
Revelation 13:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by hardbody: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2012
You guys are all off point. I have the answer but would not tell you guys. The bible said that in this end times, people will grope in search of knowledge. Keep groping and searching, at the fullness of time, I will manifest the explanation given unto me by God through the bible, LMAO
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by swiftycool(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2012
Goshen360: Na whaooo. Simple kweshion different interpretation.

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:11-12 NLT

Great! I thought it would also include stuff like killing enemies and chasing demons which is a focus of some churhes, shocked
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by FOLLEY20(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2012
elampiro:

People who believe in rapture base their believe in Mathew 24. But if you that chapter, you will discover there will be Tribulation before the coming of the Son of Man to separate the good from the bad. There won't be rapture or disappearance/vanishing of human beings ahead of the Tribulation. It is at the end of Tribulation the Son of Man will come and harvest. The chapter stated that the Antichrist. Will come and perform many miracles such that if possible, the elect will be deceived. Also read Revelation 13.
l want 2 add dat every normal things shall continue until Jesus Christ shall appear- Matt. 24:37-40.
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Lovine: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2012
obadiah777:

Do you sincerely want to learn or just for the fun of it?
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by saintneo(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2012
Using Bible in Basic English(BBE) translation, Family Bible Notes(FBN) and Geneva Bible Notes commentaries.
Rom 11:25
KJV: For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

BBE: For it is my desire, brothers, that this secret may be clear to you, so that you may not have pride in your knowledge, that Israel has been made hard in part, till all the Gentiles have come in

FBN: Of this mystery; unattainable by mere human reason, and which has not hitherto been clearly revealed: that the rejection of the Messiah by the Jews was to be only temporary; and that when multitudes of the Gentiles should be converted to him, then the Jews also would acknowledge him, and be again received as the people of God. Until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in; the gentile nations in full number, according to the wise appointment of God.

GBN: (13) The blindness of the Jews is neither so universal that the Lord has no elect in that nation, neither will it be continual: for there will be a time in which they also (as the prophets have foretold) will effectually embrace that which they now so stubbornly for the most part reject and refuse. (b) That you are not proud within yourselves. (c) Into the Church.

2Thess 2:3
KJV: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

BBE: Give no belief to false words: because there will first be a falling away from the faith, and the revelation of the man of sin, the son of destruction

FBN: A falling away; a great apostasy from the faith and practice of the gospel. That man of sin; the words "man of sin" are to be understood not of any single person, but of a wicked system presided over and directed by a succession of wicked men. The words of the apostle clearly describe that great system of spiritual tyranny and wickedness of which the papacy has ever been the central power. Be revealed; show himself, and be made manifest in his true character. The son of perdition; the very words applied by our Saviour to the apostate Judas. They describe the man of sin as notoriously wicked and doomed to final destruction. See the histories of popes John II. and John VIII.; of Marcellinus; of Honorius, of whom the council of Constantinople say, "We have caused him to be accursed;" of Eugenius, whom the council of Basle call "a simonist, a perjurer, a willful heretic;" of John XIII.; of Sextus IV.; of Alexander VI., who, as a papal historian says, was "one of the greatest and most horrible monsters in nature;" and of many others. See Guicciardini, Ciaconius, and other papal historians.

GBN: (3) The apostle foretells that before the coming of the Lord, there will be a throne set up completely contrary to Christ's glory, in which that wicked man will sit, and transfer all things that appertain to God to himself: and many will fall away from God to him. (e) By speaking of one, he singles out the person of the tyrannous and persecuting antichrist.

Note: The entire papacy is not entirely evil, but there are always some evil elements within.

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by dyabman(m): 8:07am On Aug 26, 2012
antichrist is here on earth already but will not operate or claim stands until the second coming of our lord jesus christ through rapture ,after rapture the antichrist will rule for 7yrs , 3.1/2yrs to proclaim peace and unity across the world doing wonders and miracles , the remainder of the 3.1/2yrs will be torment on those who fails to be raptured and still proclaim jesus christ their lord and saviour and they will forced to take the mark of the beast 666..
that is how i was taught.
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2012
Message over!! Time for offering. Put ur hand into the bottom of ur pocket and bring out your offering grin

2 Likes

Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by viccipedia: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2012
Dont be confused the word isrealite in the bible represents the ppl of God and now presently the representation of the ppl of God now is the CHURCH. the chuch is not accepting the Gospel of christ/ instead they have compromised the bible to work with their way of life.
Re: Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 by wizard01(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2012
dyabman: antichrist is here on earth already but will not operate or claim stands until the second coming of our lord jesus christ through rapture ,after rapture the antichrist will rule for 7yrs , 3.1/2yrs to proclaim peace and unity across the world doing wonders and miracles , the remainder of the 3.1/2yrs will be torment on those who fails to be raptured and still proclaim jesus christ their lord and saviour and they will forced to take the mark of the beast 666..
that is how i was taught.
I totally agree with your post. I think to be in line, we should try and understand what time we actually are, in reference to your escatology. Considering what is going on in America and here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.