Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles (7572 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped Of WBO Welterweight Title / Full Transcript Of Lance Armstrong's Interview With Oprah / Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Freiburger(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2012

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency erased 14 years of Lance Armstrong's career Friday — including his record seven Tour de France titles — and banned him for life from the sport that made him a hero to millions of cancer survivors after concluding he used banned substances.

USADA said it expected cycling's governing body to take similar action, but the International Cycling Union was measured in its response, saying it first wanted a full explanation on why Armstrong should relinquish Tour titles he won from 1999 through 2005.

The Amaury Sport Organization that runs the world's most prestigious cycling race said it would not comment until hearing from the UCI and USADA, which contends the cycling body is bound by the World Anti-Doping Code to strip Armstrong of one of the most incredible achievements in sports.

Armstrong, who retired a year ago, said Thursday that he would no longer challenge USADA and declined to exercise his last option by entering arbitration. He denied again that he ever took banned substances in his career, calling USADA's investigation a "witch hunt" without a shred of physical evidence.

He is now officially a drug cheat in the eyes of his nation's doping agency.

"Any time we have overwhelming proof of doping, our mandate is to initiate the case through the process and see it to conclusion as was done in this case," said USADA chief executive Travis Tygart, who couched the investigation as a battle against a "win-at-all-cost culture."

Tygart said the UCI was "bound to recognize our decision and impose it."

"They have no choice but to strip the titles under the code," he said.

Continue reading HERE
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Lordave: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
That's the wages of cheating.

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
So hot.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Sunofgod(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
Freiburger: AUSTIN, Texas—With stunning swiftness, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he dropped his fight against drug charges that threatened his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.

Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, said Armstrong would also be hit with a lifetime ban on Friday. Under the World Anti-Doping Code, he could lose other awards, event titles and cash earnings while the International Olympic Committee might look at the bronze medal he won in the 2000 Games.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2012-08-23/lance-armstrong-ending-fight-vs-anti-doping-agency-could-lose-tour-de-france-tit

So what drugs was he using?

And how comes it was never detected for at least 7 years?

This situation stinks - the guy will always be a legend as far as I'm concerned.

3 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Freiburger(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
O soldier:

you are mad
How does that crap relates to this topic if you are O.K?
Well, your hours are numbered here.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
O soldier:

you are mad

Ow do u know without even seeing me shows u have crossed overrrrrr...
Freiburger:
How does that crap relates to this topic if you are O.K?
Well, your hours are numbered here.
dont worry his 10MB will soon expire
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by donigspain(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOO...
I smell conspiracy!!!
IMHO, he remains the GREATEST cyclist of all time.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
Wow 7 tour de france title gone in a blink of an eye. But why will he injest something that is known to cause cancer, after surviving cancer?? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
America at it again bringing down successful folks that are not from the states.Will somebody check michael phelps for me to determine if he was an addict too ? I just hope usain bolt isnt roped in this kind of sh'i't in the future !

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
This guy brought a Vibe to the Cycling industry. Sources say he uses several Blood Manipulation Techniques, Testosterone and all.

Is there an athlete that doesn't cheat? Oh, sorry it's called "Enhancing"
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by ebamma(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
even if the strip him of his titles,who cares, last time i checked,that was not affecting the price of garri here in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Freiburger(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
After hearing all these stories, my question now is this, who is clean?
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
Freiburger: After hearing all these stories, my question now is this, who is clean?

ALL NIGERIA ATHLETEHES WHO CAME LAST POSITION IN OLYMPICS ARE ALLL KLEAN...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
Jelosi and bad belle people leave lance alone. His cancer foundation have helped alot of people with cancer. Cant they see the good part? I think lance shouldnt give up, he should continue fighting and proving his innocence. And for your information USADA cant strip him off the titles, disregard that junk journalism.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
Dude remains an inspiration to many.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
Freiburger: After hearing all these stories, my question now is this, who is clean?
Very few cyclists are clean.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by interguru: 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

America at it again bringing down successful folks that are not from the states.Will somebody check michael phelps for me to determine if he was an addict too ? I just hope usain bolt isnt roped in this kind of sh'i't in the future !

i dont think it is a conspiracy because michael johnson and mercy whatever both american were on d same path before they were discovered. i strongly believe usain bolt is on drugs only time we tell after he has made more than enough money
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by stevenosa(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
No matter how long it might take. Your sin(s) will find you out one day. We should all know that there is someone who is watching us as we play our part here on earth.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Chasdonblizz: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Chai,,ebamma
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by ayox2003: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Let them take away his titles and stripes.

Lance still remains the King because Its not about the Bike. wink

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
crackers being brought low

deuteronomy 30 vs 7
jeremiah 30 vs 16 and 17

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
This is really fraud of Madoffian proportions. It's massive deception and dishonesty. He should apologize to those he let down and just move to another country to live out the rest of his life quietly.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pretty sad, considering everything he has accomplished and his fight against cancer. One of his former teammates already came forward last year to seeing illegal substances in his refrigerator, as well as witnessing him use them twice. There were other teammates of his who were ready to come forward against him too. Perhaps, he knew it was a no-win situation for him and dropping the charges would save him from the embarrassment he would have to go through {though he's undoubtedly facing a great deal of embarrassment right now} if he's evidently found guilty of doping.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by wandeay: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2012
my advise for you is get married soon
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by fredoooooo: 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
bring out one cyclist that is not drug enhanced , poor guy ...........
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by yankidelta(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2012
Thought doping was a 'necessary' phase in cycling? :]Y

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Liverpool Vs Arsenal 3-1 All Goals And Highlights / Guys How Do I Know My Bet9ja Ticket Is Won / AFCON 2021: Mauritania Vs Gambia (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.