Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Work On A Short Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Work On A Short Film (840 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Mothering Heights - A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work On A Short Film by jemit(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2007
whats up nairalanders

i am in search of young talented actors and actresses who can feature in a short movie i want to produce. i am interested in people who realise that there needs to be a change in Nollywood.

the short is intended to showcase each of our talents and to show the world that something international can still come out of Nigeria.

lets keep in mind that most of the internationally acclaimed film-makers did short films to show their worth before they became what they are rite now.

please interested people should contact jemit2002@yahoo.com.
Re: Work On A Short Film by jemit(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2008
combrazor

noted!!!!!
Re: Work On A Short Film by iice(f): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2008
Agree with combrazor. . .
And good luck!!
Re: Work On A Short Film by powerofmap(m): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
@combrazor Bros I wan ask you some, You na Prof, Cos you got answers to many questions.
@jemit Dont try to change Nollywood because when the time comes Nollywood would embrace change themself.Just do what you have to do and the sky is your limit broda.
Re: Work On A Short Film by powerofmap(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2008
I dey feel you wenever u post, by authourity given to me i change ur nick to PROF not combrazor, lol
Re: Work On A Short Film by Seun(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2008
Why make a short movie? It's purely for experience right? Do you recommend that to others?
Re: Work On A Short Film by bishoptboy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
I dont agree with guys saying you cannot do anything to change nollywood. I will say that your main purpose and aim is not to change nollywood. but this is it. IF WE SET THE PACE THEY WILL FOLLOW. it might be hard but they will follow. If you study film history you will know that alomost every decade a new wave starts tak about french new wave, film nior, new wave of the 70ties, blockbuster ets. some people started it. talk of steven spieldberg, he is one of the blockbuster pioneers in the US. The problem with nigeria is this individuality problem, stuffs like "i dont care whats happening in my society, as long as i'm fine they can go to hell". we cannot see whats wrong and not try to make amends. I believe soon we will make a differience.
Re: Work On A Short Film by bishoptboy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2008
Why do you think we cant. We might not be able to but we will lay the standards and open peoples eyes to what can come out of nigeria. soon we will sweep them off. I know one thing and that is that we wont join them even if we cant beat them. but all the same we will do our best to change things by setting a good standard. The money aspect can be a way (thanks for the suggestion combs). I just know that I will not join the train. I left Nigeria to study film because I dont want to join the train.
I WILL RATHER MAKE A GOOD FILM THAN JUST MONEY
Re: Work On A Short Film by Seun(m): 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2008
I WILL RATHER MAKE A GOOD FILM THAN JUST MONEY
How can a movie make money if it is not a "good film"?
What you think is good, others might hate, and vice versa.

Nigerian movies of the moment may not appeal to everybody,
but they put food on the table for the people that make them.
That is what makes it an industry. And art films are boring, by the way.

Anyway, send me a mail if you need anything beyond actors for your film wink
Re: Work On A Short Film by everchris(m): 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2008
Hi Jamit, I like ur enthusiasim. Its not a bad ideal at all. I would love to be a part of it. I wish u all the best

(1) (Reply)

Art Films / Assistance Needed For Constructing An Ultra Modern Website / Hiv-positive Muppet To Star In Nigeria's 'sesame Street'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.