Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends (20524 Views)

My Family Is Tearing Apart Now. / Why Family Matters A Lot / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends by simdam500(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Some people consider family to be better than friends. Though there is no thumb rule that can validate this, you can always say that your family is better than your friends even if most of the good times you have is with your friends. The truth is no matter how good your friends are, none of them willever be as concerned about you as your family. Do you think they will do the things your family members do when you are sick, or cannotfigure a way out in life, or when you suffer a great loss? Listed here are some reasons why people think that family is better than friends.
1. Your family shares the same blood with you
No matter whether you like them or not, they will always be an intrinsic part of you, wherever you go, whatever you do. You are genetically connected to them and therefore, your family will always put your well-being before anything else. Remember that even the best of your friends will have families of their own. Given a choice between friends and family, they will choose family because in a family, you are pampered and loved enormously more than your friends ever will.
2. Your family will sacrifice everything for your sake
Their love is unconditional. They never expect anythingin return, except your presence in their lives, and your love and support in good times and bad. Your friends, on the contrary, will have a tendency of avoidingyou when you are in misery – it is only natural human inclination. There are a veryfew people on earth who stand with you always and support you in everything you go through. You may argue that your friends are with you always and have supported you no matter what. But remember, your family has been doing that even when you had not made the friends in question.They will continue to do that,irrespective of how you behave with them, whether you fight with them or whether you insult them. Thesame, however, cannot be said about your friends.
3. Your family will never back stab you
But there is a high possibilitythat some of your friends may. If they get a chance, they will outmaneuver you for the sake of their own benefit. Unlike your family, they will put their own gain first before they think about you. Your family will not stopto think before they sacrificeeverything so that you may have a better life. Even if you misbehave or throw tantrums, they will continue to love and support you. They will never take advantage of you or deceiveyou for their own benefit.
4. Your family has been with you longer than any of your friends
No matter how good and supportive friends you have, the truth is they will never know you the way your family does. Your familyhas been seeing you since your birth, even before you learnt to wear masks for thesociety. Your friends will be biased by the image you consciously or unconsciouslyportray of yourself. You are never truly yourself even with the best of your friends.But you cannot hide everything from your family.
There is, however, no concrete justification or standard that would affirm that families are always better than friends. Sometimes, unfortunately, families are least supportive, dysfunctional or broken. In such cases, having good friends is a boon.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ur family will neva b ashanmed of u if u fk up,ur friends will avoid u like a pice of sh1t.friends r only there wen tyms r gud,meanwhile real friends r rare dis days
Re: 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends by AlmondDeJoy: 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
My family na my BBBBBBBBBBEST FRIEND O!
I nor dey take 'em play atol-atol! cool
I don't really care about 'others'. . .AT ARM'S LENGTH AND BREATH ONLY. . . .AND WITH A VERY LONG SPOON! kiss
The most boring thing I could do is VISIT OTHERS IN THEIR HOMES OR ALLOW OTHERS TO VISIT ME.

No way! Na me and my computer or TV. . .or I go clubbing.

I am HAPPIEST WITH MY FAMILY MEMBERS! cool
Re: 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends by greatgod2012(f): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Almond De Joy: My family na my BBBBBBBBBBEST FRIEND O!
I nor dey take 'em play atol-atol! cool
I don't reall care about 'others'. . .AT ARM'S LENGTH AND BREATH ONLY. . . .AND WITH A VERY LONG SPOON! kiss
The most boring thing I could do is VISIT OTHERS IN THEIR HOMES OR ALLOW OTHERS TO VISIT ME.

No way! Na me and my computer or TV. . .or I go clubbing.

I am HAPPIEST WITH MY FAMILY MEMBERS! cool

same with me!
Re: 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends by AlmondDeJoy: 1:07am On Jan 29, 2013
greatgod2012:

same with me!

Amen!

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic) / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School / Who Will You Take Sides With, Me Or My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.