Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? (1786 Views)

Why Man Is Greater Than God (biblical God, Agnostic God Or Diest God Etc) / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
I am here not to analyze anything but to ask honestly in order to seek level of understanding of the consciousness of forumites before chipping in some hard truth:

Which is greater. Is it God or the Universe ?
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by claremont(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
MODs will soon fling this thread to the religious section. To answer your question though, the universe exists, god is fictitious.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
For you to compare both shows that you believe in God...What is the source of the universe/GOD?A creation can never be greater than its creator. Since the universe is the created and God the creator your question is answered.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Reyginus: For you to compare both shows that you believe in God...What is the source of the universe/GOD?A creation can never be greater than its creator. Since the universe is the created and God the creator your question is answered.
What you are doing is using mental analogy on an esoteric issue. Where is your proof that God created the Universe. Bible story about creation is about Earth and not the entire universe.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: What you are doing is using mental analogy on an esoteric issue. Where is your proof that God created the Universe. Bible story about creation is about Earth and not the entire universe.
No.Mental analogy is subjective but this is not.And the good news is that the bible is no longer esoteric.'Earth' rather than the universe was used in the context of 'synecdoche' .Life been the string of connection between God and man,and the earth(only) man's abode,and thus God's route to man's symbiosis,the writers of the OT thought it better to put it so.Most especially,they had little knowledge of the planets making words like 'universe' non-existent in their time.THE PROBLEM PURELY AMANATED FROM TRANSLATION.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
Reyginus: No.Mental analogy is subjective but this is not.And the good news is that the bible is no longer esoteric.'Earth' rather than the universe was used in the context of 'synecdoche' .Life been the string of connection between God and man,and the earth(only) man's abode,and thus God's route to man's symbiosis,the writers of the OT thought it better to put it so.Most especially,they had little knowledge of the planets making words like 'universe' non-existent in their time.THE PROBLEM PURELY AMANATED FROM TRANSLATION.
I prefer not to believe you especially since you are the only known person to suggest that Genesis was mistranslated. I need to hear from a Bible Authority.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I prefer not to believe you especially since you are the only known person to suggest that Genesis was mistranslated. I need to hear from a Bible Authority.
Genesis wasnt mistranslated but the hebrew language was.Remember the bible was written in hebrew language,and their is no way a translated version will be the same as its 'original' language.That little misplacement of words led to this.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: Genesis wasnt mistranslated but the hebrew language was.Remember the bible was written in hebrew language,and their is no way a translated version will be the same as its 'original' language.That little misplacement of words led to this.
I have a thread i discussed this, and I believe if you keep an open mind, you could learn a thing or two from there. I will also keep an open mind to learn from you if you have higher knowledge beyond my consciousness. But lets not seek who wins or lose in the quest for truth. See the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1027949/god-defined-faith-electromagnetic-not
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2012
GENESIS 1 VS 1-3 In the beginning, when God created the universe, 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water.

I BELIEVE THAT SHOULD ANSWER YA QUESTION
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 26, 2012
obadiah777: GENESIS 1 VS 1-3 In the beginning, when God created the universe, 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water.

I BELIEVE THAT SHOULD ANSWER YA QUESTION
Please, I am here to learn from you. Keep an open mind and answer this next question. When you said, God created the Universe (Bible actually stated" God created the Heavens and the Earth"wink That aside, Was God outside its creation when he created the Universe in your context ? Where was God when he created the Universe from your write up. Bible said I repeat " And God created, the heavens and the earth" meaning God was "Outside the Heavens and the Earth) IT created. Bear with me while I expand on this. What am actually asking is Who created where God was, while he created the heavens and the earth and which is greater ? The universe that God was while creating or God ITSELF (Himself, in your context)?
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Please, I am here to learn from you. Keep an open mind and answer this next question. When you said, God created the Universe (Bible actually stated" God created the Heavens and the Earth"wink That aside, Was God outside its creation when he created the Universe in your context ? Where was God when he created the Universe from your write up. Bible said I repeat " And God created, the heavens and the earth" meaning God was "Outside the Heavens and the Earth) IT created. Bear with me while I expand on this. What am actually asking is Who created where God was, while he created the heavens and the earth and which is greater ? The universe that God was while creating or God ITSELF (Himself, in your context)?
this is the version of bible that says universe. you do know heavens also mean universe right http://www.biblestudytools.com/gnt/genesis/1.html

God is a spirit body. he does not need to exist in a created space.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by CrazyMan(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: For you to compare both shows that you believe in God...What is the source of the universe/GOD?A creation can never be greater than its creator. Since the universe is the created and God the creator your question is answered.
Well said
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by onetrack(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: A creation can never be greater than its creator. Since the universe is the created and God the creator your question is answered.

So a nuclear physicist could not be destroyed by the atomic bomb that he created?

Maybe a God created the universe and then blew himself up during the Big B@ng.

In any case, it would be cool if the universe was greater than God. Then God might himself be subject to karma and find himself placed in the hell that he created for others.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Kay17: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2012
The Universe is a preexistent platform/context whereon all the materials and laws operate. Therefore, before a God could create/design, he must have in mind the physical laws which he must obey to create functioning entities.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2012
onetrack:

So a nuclear physicist could not be destroyed by the atomic bomb that he created?

Maybe a God created the universe and then blew himself up during the Big B@ng.

In any case, it would be cool if the universe was greater than God. Then God might himself be subject to karma and find himself placed in the hell that he created for others.
That those not make the atom bomb more powerful.Can the atomic bomb sustain itself?A young man under the coven of his father, cannot murder the weak old man and claim thereafter that he is more powerful.God cannot be a subject to a world he created except their is another God as powerful as God that antagonists his works.Same thing for the physicist.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by mkmyers45(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2012
and what stops the Universe/Multi-verse to be the one same god? Don't give me bible stories...Are you suggesting that god emerged from nothingness,hovered over water? then created the universe?
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2012
mkmyers45: and what stops the Universe/Multi-verse to be the one same god? Don't give me bible stories...Are you suggesting that god emerged from nothingness,hovered over water? then created the universe?
You are deviating.The topic is not,'how did God come to be?'but which is greater.The op must agree within himself before placing such comparisons.Except you want us to deviate from the original topic.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Niflheim(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2012
It was men who claimed that God gave us freewill,only for scientists to use light to control the brain of a monkey by injecting a virus into it's body that contained light sensitive RNA.This virus then spread through the monkeys brain and voila..................man controls a monkey with a technologically advanced torchlight, diferrent wavelengths of light creating different moods in 'monkey boy'...................the laws of the universe are far higher than the laws of god!!!
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2012
The mind of the creator is the universe. Or maybe i should say the universe is part of the mind of the creator. Making this kind of distinctions is nonsensical, therefore. Next!
Billyonaire: I am here not to analyze anything but to ask honestly in order to seek level of understanding of the consciousness of forumites before chipping in some hard truth:

Which is greater. Is it God or the Universe ?
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by mkmyers45(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: You are deviating.The topic is not,'how did God come to be?'but which is greater.The op must agree within himself before placing such comparisons.Except you want us to deviate from the original topic.
De-what? You claimed god created the universe hence he should so i asked some question because ofcourse you can never prove that God did create the universe or otherwise so....Can an entity be greater than itself? Thats the point im trying to make..The Universe and any possible god must be one...
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2012
mkmyers45: De-what? You claimed god created the universe hence he should so i asked some question because ofcourse you can never prove that God did create the universe or otherwise so....Can an entity be greater than itself? Thats the point im trying to make..The Universe and any possible god must be one...
You still dont it.I dont argue outside the box.The op based his arguement on something disimilar from your question.This is not a thread for the proof of the existence of God.I think you should assume(like me) that you agree with the xtains version(as the topic suggests) then answer or ask any question in relation to that.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2012
I brought up this issue, not because I feel I am more educated or knowledgeable, but to enable us humans, as beings of same species, analyze the issue critically and learn from each other. There is no room for hate and abuses, cos doing so is insulting our species.

For those who say that God created the universe. Where was God while he (it) created the Universe, A creator isnt within its creation. There must be an habitat that creator dwells to create its creation. So you see where the plus factor is ? If you say, God created the "Universe", then there must be a "MULTIVERSE" that the CREATOR resides, to create subverse(s) if I might term it so. Bottom line, there is something I will be willing to tell you guys after this mind boggling debate. Something I just learnt.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: The mind of the creator is the universe. Or maybe i should say the universe is part of the mind of the creator. Making this kind of distinctions is nonsensical, therefore. Next!
With due respect. Can you expand on what you mean by "The mind of the creator is the universe." Spirit is far beyond the emotional plane of existence where mind is applicable. What we call "God" is spirit, and spirit is far beyond mind and the mental consciousness.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I brought up this issue, not because I feel I am more educated or knowledgeable, but to enable us humans, as beings of same species, analyze the issue critically and learn from each other. There is no room for hate and abuses, cos doing so is insulting our species.

For those who say that God created the universe. Where was God while he (it) created the Universe, A creator isnt within its creation. There must be an habitat that creator dwells to create its creation. So you see where the plus factor is ? If you say, God created the "Universe", then there must be a "MULTIVERSE" that the CREATOR resides, to create subverse(s) if I might term it so. Bottom line, there is something I will be willing to tell you guys after this mind boggling debate. Something I just learnt.
And I thought you believe He created the world.Change the threadname before I continue.I dont argue or wander 'recklessly'.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: And I thought you believe He created the world.Change the threadname before I continue.I dont argue or wander 'recklessly'.
My latest post was the address the deviation from the topic fo thread to the creation/creator paradox. That has been buried now. You may proceed with other findings. Am sure there are many who will learn from you.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by dekung(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
obadiah777: this is the version of bible that says universe. you do know heavens also mean universe right http://www.biblestudytools.com/gnt/genesis/1.html

God is a spirit body. he does not need to exist in a created space.
Genesis 1:1 In the beggining God created the HEAVEN and THE EARTH, pls note HEAVEN Rather than the HEAVENS. Hence the writer of Genesis was specific about a place/location and not a description of the cosmos.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by mkmyers45(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
Reyginus: You still dont it.I dont argue outside the box.The op based his arguement on something disimilar from your question.This is not a thread for the proof of the existence of God.I think you should assume(like me) that you agree with the xtains version(as the topic suggests) then answer or ask any question in relation to that.
Ok, i'll be contributing and waiting for the OP's last words..
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
dekung:
Genesis 1:1 In the beggining God created the HEAVEN and THE EARTH, pls note HEAVEN Rather than the HEAVENS. Hence the writer of Genesis was specific about a place/location and not a description of the cosmos.
Bruh, this here is GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION

1 In the beginning, when God created the[b] universe[/b], 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. 3 Then God commanded, "Let there be light" - and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by ijawkid(m): 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
obadiah777: Bruh, this here is GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION

1 In the beginning, when God created the[b] universe[/b], 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. 3 Then God commanded, "Let there be light" - and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5

Do u know I love the GOODnews bible a lot??

Its so good.......

Its good u referred to that translation.......
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Do u know I love the GOODnews bible a lot??

Its so good.......

Its good u referred to that translation.......
well i myself only read the KJV but just for the edification of the OP i pulled out the GOOD NEWS one. strictly KJV. pure and unadulterated wink
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Kay17: 2:00am On Aug 27, 2012
^^
Both translations still corrupt to the translator's bias
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by plaetton: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2012
Reyginus: Genesis wasnt mistranslated but the hebrew language was.Remember the bible was written in hebrew language,and their is no way a translated version will be the same as its 'original' language.That little misplacement of words led to this.

What is the difference between mistranslated and misplacement of words?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Set To Marry A Goat In Brazil… / Does Tithing Bring The Blessings Of God / Question For People Who Believe In Reincarnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.