Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? (39855 Views)

Deji Bademosi Now At TVC / Why I Quit Channels TV – Deji-Bademosi / CHANNELS Tv’s Deji Bademosi Quits After Clash With Chairman John Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by alstacs(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
CHANNELS’ Deji Bademosi quits after clash with John Momoh

Premium Times
Published: August 25,2012
By Ben Ezeamalu

Multiple award winning TV journalist, and one of the nation’s most talented broadcast journalists, Deji Bademosi, has resigned his appointment with Channels Television over what sources described as “irreconcilable differences” with the Chairman of the station, John Momoh.

Mr. Bademosi, who was Head of the television’s Political Desk, tweeted on Friday that he had quit his position at the station.

“My time with Channels Television has now ended. Looking to new challenges,” Mr. Bademosi, a Mass Communication graduate from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, tweeted on Friday evening.

Both Mr. Bademosi and CHANNELS are reluctant to speak on the resignation of a reporter  who won several laurels for self and station.

When contacted on the phone Saturday, Mr. Bademosi, who was also Channels TV’s Head of Reportorial Team, said he’d rather not talk about the matter.

“I can only confirm that I resigned on Friday,” he said. “I don’t  want to say anything more because I remain grateful to CHANNELS for providing me the platform to showcase my skills.”

Mr. Momoh too confirmed the reporter’s departure. ”What’s wrong with someone resigning? Mr. Momoh told PREMIUM TIMES. “He’s tired of working here and has gone on to something else. It’s okay.”

Sources, however, say that the relationship between Mr. Bademosi, who had spent almost a decade at the organization, and Mr. Momoh has strained lately.

It was gathered that the last straw was when the management issued a directive, earlier in the week, that editors must get approval from Mr. Momoh, before assigning reporters to any assignment.

“The management ruled that editors must contact the chairman wherever he is in the world before assigning reporters to any assignment,” a highly placed official told PREMIUM TIMES Saturday.

“Things haven’t been rosy between him and the Channels management,” another source said.

“Before then, what led to the memo was a clash between the chairman and Deji.

“Deji had assigned a reporter to go and cover a PDP (Peoples’ Democratic Party) press conference in Ogun State,” the source added.

The press briefing was organized by the Bayo Dayo faction of the PDP, who are at loggerheads with the group led by former president Olusegun Obasanjo.

“While at the assignment, the personal assistant to the chairman called the reporter and asked him to leave the assignment and return to the office.

“The reporter refused,” the source said.

However, after the story, which had been approved by Mr. Bademosi and the controller of news, had been lined up in the bulletin for broadcast; the chairman’s assistant showed up again.

“The PA said that the chairman directed that the tape of the assignment be handed over to him, but they (Mr. Bademosi and the controller of news) refused.

“The chairman then personally came down and ordered that the tape be given to him. He confiscated the tape.

“Deji said that he could not work in an environment where editors do not have powers and must get approval from the chairman before any event is covered,” said the source, who added that Mr. Momoh attends editorial meeting and talks to editors “like babies.”

Mr. Momoh declined to comment on his directive that editors must seek his approval before detailing reporters to cover events.

“I think you should contact the director of news on that,” he said. ”I am the chairman of the company. I think you need to talk to the controller of news on that.”

But when one of the station’s two controller of news, Ambrose Okoh, was contacted, he denied knowledge of Mr. Bademosi’s resignation and the controversial directive by Mr. Momoh.

“I don’t have details of what you are talking about,” he said. “Come to the office on Monday so we can talk about it.”

Before his resignation, Mr. Bademosi anchored one of the most popular programmes on the station, ‘Politics Today’.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/97650-channels-deji-bademosi-quits-after-clash-with-chairman-john-momoh.html
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by alstacs(m): 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Deji has been wonderful

4 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
Awww my favourite TV Personality...I wish you goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by alstacs(m): 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
winlvf: Awww my favourite TV Personality...I wish you goodluck

Channels has been running the show and Deji was running channels. A face you would always want to see and a voice you would always want to hear.

3 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by fittty(m): 12:21am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm waiting for dat dumb n****ga dat'll say " How does this affect the price of garri in d market" they are so many hungry fools on nairaland. Smh. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by mako007(m): 12:21am On Aug 26, 2012
I really love this dude, hope you excel anywhere u find urself

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm shocked shocked

Deji was a "reporter extraordinaire". Channels won't be the same without him. . .

No other Nigerian station is good enough for him. Won't be surprised if he resurfaces as the Nigerian correspondent of one of those International News stations.
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by rooftech: 12:26am On Aug 26, 2012
Let him go to hell
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Reggie234: 12:45am On Aug 26, 2012
I will more than miss Deji, I always look forward to his programme. Without been judgemental, I think Nigeria CEOs,chairman etc run their firms like its a palace! Thats why most of our firms dont last long. I wish d guy all d best.

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Mucokey(m): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Has it got to that (un)usual irreconcilable state of relation ...What a voice to be-heard...the narrative aura.
Surely n sorely ll miss you as far Channel news reporting n narrating is concerned cry
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by misterh(m): 12:53am On Aug 26, 2012
Wish him all the best wherever he finds himself!
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by TYtayo1: 1:08am On Aug 26, 2012
Deji Badmus will not fit into any other Nigerian station. Well maybe NN24 would do but I will really miss him.
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by greatgod2012(f): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2012
i wish him best of luck wherever he finds himself, but sincerely, it will take channeks tv a great deal of time b4 getting somebody like him, hhhhm, so proffessional, always looking 4ward to hear his aura voice, well, it is well!!!!
'U never know d value of something until u lose it'

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Shaw007(m): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2012
I lOve this gUy mehn!!!
BUt i'm sure i wOnt miss hIm for lOng. . .i wOnt be surprised if he comes back working for a larger agency,say BBC or CNN or AL jazeera *lost in thoughts* and dat is if he breaks dat chain. . .but hey,we gat NN24 like someone well stated
Anyways,best of lUck man!!
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 26, 2012
go to AIT or become african correspndent for either BBC, Aljazeera or CNN
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Businesstools(m): 1:18am On Aug 26, 2012
rooftech: Let him go to hell
Must you comment?

4 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Shaw007(m): 1:21am On Aug 26, 2012
toba: go to AIT or become african correspndent for either BBC, Aljazeera or CNN
AIT? Really? undecided
like,seriously?? AIT?? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by fulfillment2020(m): 1:22am On Aug 26, 2012
I love his way of reporting especially his narrative voice. He talks as if he is telling stories n its sounds so interesting. ouch hw i will miss him. I downloaded two of his program(Farouk Lawal Case n Nigerians in China jail), he's such a smooth talker.

3 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by DICKtator: 1:29am On Aug 26, 2012
alstacs:

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/97650-channels-deji-bademosi-quits-after-clash-with-chairman-john-momoh.html
irreconcilable difference?
That is the phrase mostly used by couples seeking divorce!!!!.
Deji is tired of Momoh tearing his a.ss? Doesn't he know that the Government is tearing Momoh's a.ss?
grin grin grin grin
No one dies a virgin, we all p.hucked by the government!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by OAM4J: 1:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Oh my! And I like the guy's reporting style.

After winning an award from CNN, I heard TVC made him a juicy offer then, but same Momoh bettered TVC offer and said he will retain him at all cost.

I wish him well. Hope he becomes an African correspondent for any of the big international media. No, not AIT international.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by alstacs(m): 2:05am On Aug 26, 2012
DICKtator:
irreconcilable difference?
That is the phrase mostly used by couples seeking divorce!!!!.
Deji is tired of Momoh tearing his a.ss? Doesn't he know that the Government is tearing Momoh's a.ss?
grin grin grin grin
No one dies a virgin, we all p.hucked by the government!!
grin grin grin grin

I feel you.
Difficult to run independent outfits here especially sensitive one like the media without your behind being beamed at with searchlight all the time. You may be made to trade value for your own survival.
Only God knows d kind of pepper fire d chairman Momoh was feeling in his own bom.b.m

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by alstacs(m): 2:10am On Aug 26, 2012
rooftech: Let him go to hell

But why?

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by onomeasike: 2:33am On Aug 26, 2012
Deji is so wonderful and I can never ever forget his graphical illustration to proof that Mobadeyo Awosika(?),the late Firstbank exec,was killed by drunk bribe seeking-policemen at Lekki roundabout despite repeated denials by the policemen that killed the man.That presentation swayed public sentiments in favour of a call for inquest into the man's death and this eventually confirmed that the man was killed by a drunk policemen who then set his corpse and car on fire to give a false impression that mobadeyo died in an accident!

Deji went on to do that investigative reportage on the deterioting state of Lagos flyover bridges which resulted into the eventual repair work carried out by govt on 3rd mainland bridge that year!I once saw him in boladale street,oshodi chatting so with a guy and I was impressed with his unassuming nature.The downside of his stay at channels,is that,he struggles hard to impress me with the cowardly 'sit-on-the-fence' approach of channels even when they should be on the people's side like AIT or print media outfits like Punch newspaper.
Before,I was tired of channels,now I wont bother.I will tune to nairaland and saharareporters grin grin

RIP CHANNELS cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by JLINKD: 2:34am On Aug 26, 2012
Deji was just a great guy @ Channelstv. The success of d Imo state gov election, all d events leading to d supplementary election can not be complete without channelstv, can not be complete without Deji Badamosi. When I had a choice to make btw Metrodigital and CTL cable stations in Phc, Deji was just d fulcrum dat helpd me chose Metrodigital because of availability of Channelstv and d availability of Deji. Deji and Gbenga Aruleba of AIT are d two guys dat can make me buy fuel to run my gen set anytime any day. I wish him all d best.

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by OAM4J: 2:43am On Aug 26, 2012
onomeasike: Deji is so wonderful and I can never ever forget his graphical illustration to proof that Mobadeyo Awosika(?),the late Firstbank exec,was killed by drunk bribe seeking-policemen at Lekki roundabout despite repeated denials by the policemen that killed the man.That presentation swayed public sentiments in favour of a call for inquest into the man's death and this eventually confirmed that the man was killed by a drunk policemen who then set his corpse and car on fire to give a false impression that mobadeyo died in an accident!

Deji went on to do that investigative reportage on the deteriorating state of Lagos flyover bridges which resulted into the eventual repair work carried out by govt on 3rd mainland bridge that year!I once saw him in boladale street,oshodi chatting so with a guy and I was impressed with his unassuming nature.The downside of his stay at channels,is that,he struggles hard to impress me with the cowardly 'sit-on-the-fence' approach of channels even when they should be on the people's side like AIT or print media outfits like Punch newspaper.
Before,I was tired of channels,now I wont bother.I will tune to nairaland and saharareporters grin grin

RIP CHANNELS cry cry cry cry

True!

How can one even forget the way he exposed the former Ibadan political strongman; Adedibu over his entitlement to a percentage of Oyo state security vote claim. I heard Late Adedibu declared he must not sight him anywhere in Oyo state after that. Deji is a brilliant and courageous chap.

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by bonysmile: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2012
But its no news that to remain in business especially the media in Nigeria, you must submit yourself to control by People Demolishing/Discouraging/Destroying Party (PDP). Deji ought to have realised that that's what has ensured his salary is regular. Most media outfit in Nigeria are owned/run by PDP loyalists. Anyway I wish him well in his future endeavours.
Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by nitrogen(m): 3:38am On Aug 26, 2012
Mhen! I like Deji Bademosi reporting style, he is my best T.V personality right from time, the way he takes it, in terms of pure investigation and direct reporting incorporating indept analysis which will always sway the feet of those that care, attract the government's attention, and perhaps leave his work colleagues amazed is incomparable. I just hope he gets a better place where he will be able to display freely more of his reporting abilities without the interference of the management.
'............. I am Deji Bademosi, reporting live from Channels television'.

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by ganiujmh: 4:10am On Aug 26, 2012
We need not wait till Monday before confirming the incidents. This is one of the demerit of one man business where the owner think himself a tiny god and feel he is better than every other person. The Chairman only need to be reminded that no matter how long you hide the truth, time will always tell.

1 Like

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 26, 2012
Awwh...well anybody who cannot work with Deji can hardly work with anybody. From our days as roomates together in NYSC Camp and place of primary assignment in Jalingo, he has been such a humble and hardworking guy who has shown total passion for journalism. I wish him well.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? by hollandis(f): 6:25am On Aug 26, 2012
Y would he argue with the company's chairman over the alleged issue?He goofed in this regard

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: OPPO Forgives Mercy For Smashing Their Product on The Floor (Pics) / Juliet Njemanze Dazzles In The Movie "Ben From Downstairs" / See The BBNaija Male Housemates Cee-C Said Have Nothing To Offer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.