Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,464 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (16262 Views)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Anony & Ihedinobi,Goshen, lets Discuss Yahweh,monotheism And The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
The Difference between Traditional Paganism & abrahamic monotheism:

Traditional Pagan Religion:

-has no man-founder . There are almost as many Traditional Religions in this world as there are tribes which is in the millions. yet Not ONE has been founded by man or has any form of proof as to that. They are the true religions as of divine providence.

-are the oldest religions. ALL Traditional Religions are as old as time immortal. there is no date attributed to them,. it is from the dawn of mankind.

-DO NOT proselytyse OR seek converts. you have to be BORN to a tribe to be Pagan. only reversion is possible for a person to his tribes/ethnicities traditional form of Paganism.

- are a form of Spiritual Science connected to the material Sciences. most Ancient Pagan Druids, Shamans and Priest were adept at healing, the sciences, chemistry(alchemy)_philosophy, astronomy, etc. unlike monotheistic religions, Pagan religions accomodate the Sciences and cannot exist without them.

-worship and influence the Supernatural forces through its various manifestations. e.g., its creations such as nature, animals, forces or through a carved stone idol that symbolises an aspect of a Spiritual force, i.e., for example an idol of a Spiritual Force/God of Fertility and Pro-Creation. the idols are themselves not worshipped but what they represent and act as an object to help concentrate prayers and Spiritual forces on. humans being materialistic in nature, cannot worship or feel REAL devotion to thin air. even the most hardcore christian/muslim while praying must see an image of a God in his mind if he really means his prayer. anyone be it christian or muslim claiming "undying love" to an invisible God is a LIAR!

-do not believe in religious wars, massacres or killings. The Pagans have never attacked anyone unless provoked. as in the case of the Quraysh Tribe of Arabia, when they were being forcefully converted by the sword, their people and shrines looted and destroyed and their women defiled, when in fact they were the FIRST to be there. they were kicked out of their own homes. such injustices can only account for Pagan religiouswars and even then very few such retailiations have taken place.

- Worship the Gods and dont indulge in man-worship.

- involved in nature conservation and do not consider man above other animals or plants. humans are just more intelligent than a Chimpanzee which is in turn more intelligent than a chicken.

- do not go by a book. Pagan religions are flexible and can change with time. more advanced form of Pagan religions such as Ancient Greek Religion, Ancient Egyptian Religion, Hinduism, Ifa-Orisha, etc have as a result a large number of treatises, interpretations, versions, etc. books are merely guidelines which can be enhanced further with time. Pagan religions, however small, have a potential to grow if given the proper resources, support, research/universities and time.

abrahamic monotheism:

- have man-founders : monotheistic Judaism (abraham & then moses), christianity (jesus), islam (muhammad).

- are relatively new religions: judaism (around the birth year of abraham or if that is a lie made by moses, thant around the birth year of moses , i.e., 1391 B.C.), christianity ( 0 A.D.), islam (around 600-700 A.D.)

- Proselytyse and greedily seek converts to the extent of lies, deceit, bribe, murder, brain-washing, ransom, blackmail, torture, ra.pe, etc. .
Judaism however being heavily inflienced from the Pagan days when it was surrounded by Pagan religions on all sides, is relatively lax when seeking converts, however the ydo convert other faiths, e.g., the recent exodus of Naga/Kuki and other Pagan head-hunting Hill tribes from North-Eastern India and Burma, into Israel to swell their ranks.other examples include, African/ Ethiopian Jews, Igbo Jews, Ijews, etc. .

- worship thin air. do not feel any REAL devotion to the Forces as a result and cant influence the ciurse of actions. some are hyppocrites and resort to keeping man-idols of jesus and other prophets/saints etc, or worship a big block of Ancient Pagan architecture after plundering and disrepecting it and destroying its interior. and thn they claim that they are not idol-worhsippers and idol-worshippers must be killed or massacred.

-believe in religious wars such as crusades or jihads, like to slaughter and kill people of other (usually Pagan beliefs), destroy, loot, plunder, sometimes as decreed by their God-prophet. as in the quraan where it is mentioned to enslave and r.ape wives and daughters of infidels, etc.

-heavy indulgence in man-worship , especially christians who believe in a son-of-God. muslims and jews and ofcourse christians also indirectly worship man through their man-superority teachings , etc. islamic religion dictates that women must have half the share of men in property, etc., must cover their bodies while men can do what they want, only men can marry form other religions, men can practice polygamy and have many wives while women are stuck with or sometimes have to share the same man, men can beat their women, men can have muta'ah , i.e., temporary wives/sex-slaves, separate prayer places, etc.

-women cant be priests or have religious roles in most cases.

-have no consideration for nature and treat animals as second-class citizens of the world. also like unnecessary slaughter such as during bakr-id. all consider animals as with lesser souls and have no respect for nature.

- go strictly by useless man-written books and are not open to change, progress and development.

-disregard the sciences, e.g., christians used to believe upon pain of death that the Earth is flat and the Sun and other planets revolve around the Earth (again abrahamic man-superiority complex), while the Pagans had already known it for ages the the Earth is round and the Earth and other planets revolve around the Sun. famous scientist like Galileo and Copernicus nearly lost their lives at the hands of the church for saying otherwise. Some of us even calculated the Earth's diameter and circumference and knew the names and positions of many/most planets in our Solar System without using telescopes. E.g., every major Roman/Greek/Hindu/Chinese God was connected with a planet. E.g., Mars - Hermes, the God of War (The Red Planet).

Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by Niflheim(m): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2012
this post is a master-piece.it says it all!!!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by TerryCarr(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2012
is there neo paganism in Africa?
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by mkmyers45(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2012
Very Good Write-Up...Mordern ATR practices in increasing steadily around the world..

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by mkmyers45(m): 11:38am On Aug 26, 2012
TerryCarr: is there neo paganism in Africa?
Yeah, around egypt they are a few..
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
mkmyers45: Yeah, around egypt they are a few..

yes i heard there is somekind of neo-Coptic movement. but i doubt it will work. a lot of the original knowledge has been lost plus most Egyptians of today are mixed with Arabs.
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by mkmyers45(m): 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes i heard there is somekind of neo-Coptic movement. but i doubt it will work. a lot of the original knowledge has been lost plus most Egyptians of today are mixed with Arabs.
Heard they are doing well..
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by TerryCarr(m): 12:49am On Aug 27, 2012
non in "black" Africa
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:55am On Aug 27, 2012
TerryCarr: non in "black" Africa
they maybe quite a few black adherents but i havent of such movements..
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by TerryCarr(m): 1:43am On Aug 27, 2012
mkmyers45: they maybe quite a few black adherents but i havent of such movements..
sad don't you think? Europe neo paganism is boom Wicca being the biggest

even jews are doing it grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Neopaganism
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29am On Aug 27, 2012
TerryCarr: sad don't you think? Europe neo paganism is boom Wicca being the biggest

even jews are doing it grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Neopaganism

Wicca is bull****. i have been to one of their ceremonies. it is not the real thing. they are play-acting. . angry
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by TerryCarr(m): 5:56am On Aug 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Wicca is bull****. i have been to one of their ceremonies. it is not the real thing. they are play-acting. . angry
what is more BS this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nPsyZJBTeQ

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpjURtM5OI grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2012
TerryCarr: what is more BS this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nPsyZJBTeQ

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpjURtM5OI grin grin grin

hahhahahahahhahahahahha ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i would like to make a thread on the second video, if you dont mind. i have seen a lot of madness in my life, but combined with deceit and lies, it works wonders. . tongue
Re: Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism by TerryCarr(m): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

hahhahahahahhahahahahha ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i would like to make a thread on the second video, if you dont mind. i have seen a lot of madness in my life, but combined with deceit and lies, it works wonders. . tongue

k grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion / I Am No Longer A Theist / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.