Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu (24357 Views)

Photos Of Buhari At A Meeting With Parents Of Chibok Girls Today / 60 Parents Of Chibok Girls Detained By Nigerian Army - BBOG / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by tucker12(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Deep Lesson!!! cry cry Painful because it has cost a life....
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Cuddlemii: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

if you are doing runs its only your friends you can tell and the friends will not come forward - they will be tagged as the bad friends who led the girl down that path

Lmao, her cousins will! She doesn't need to say if its runs or not. She is visiting shikena.

I doubt she went for runs. There is a big difference between developing feelings online/online boyfriend & runs.
Do those guys look/speak like men that can sort(pay) a runs chick? Those guys that puberty is yet to endorse as their voice still sounds like a little baby's voice. Runs ko, runs ni....wetin those small boys fit offer babe wey get boutique, cars etc.

If it was for runs, she wont have to leave the northern region that has fully loaded magas to come to Lagos to meet those local unilag boys.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lmao, her cousins will! She doesn't need to say if its runs or not. She is visiting shikena.

I doubt she went for runs. There is a big difference between developing feelings online/online boyfriend & runs.
Do those guys look/speak like men that can sort(pay) a runs chick? Those guys that puberty is yet to endorse as their voice still sounds like a little baby's voice. Runs ko, runs ni....wetin those small boys fit offer babe wey get boutique, cars etc.

If it was for runs, she wont have to leave the northern region that has fully loaded magas to come to Lagos to meet those local unilag boys.

no be internet - even on nl we have people forming big boy - no be to take photo with your neighbours car or in a club with borrowed bafs

outside of big towns like lagos/abuja where there is big market and all sorts of place to hide runs is not that easy to conceal. there were some runs chicks we knew back in uni - everyone k new they were runs chicks because ilorin is such a small place. . so as a runs babe you want to do it elsewhere.

if it was something innocent her friends or cousins in the know would have alerted her parents on time

you say the boys are small boys - so how could they have stuff for a boutique -

anway, last last we may never know
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by UyiIredia(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Indeed. The late Cynthia's case is one we all can learn from. Be cautious with whom you rapport on social media sites.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Cuddlemii: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

no be internet - even on nl we have people forming big boy - no be to take photo with your neighbours car or in a club with borrowed bafs

outside of big towns like lagos/abuja where there is big market and all sorts of place to hide runs is not that easy to conceal. there were some runs chicks we knew back in uni - everyone k new they were runs chicks because ilorin is such a small place. . so as a runs babe you want to do it elsewhere.

if it was something innocent her friends or cousins in the know would have alerted her parents on time

you say the boys are small boys - so how could they have stuff for a boutique -

anway, last last we may never know

its like you are an expert in these things. You speak runs like your second language wink cheesy
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by andyanders: 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
It's good the father said this. I could remember someone insulting himself here and not me when I said that the lady took a wrong step and should take the blame. You cannot meet strangers on the social network and develop trust. Trust is built and not immediate.

It is something 99%o of ladies out there should learn from as they out of big girl syndrome die out of ignorance.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by midich: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
Turely we have to be very careful abt wia we go nd pple we met, bt I think d most crucial thing to do is to kip prayn had dat God kips dis evil minds far away 4rm u.

This person must nt always be someone u dnt knw. Atleast I ve had an experience like dis,

as a person pple dat knws me wuld say am dis serious and decent and watever u can say type( nt braggn) . Bt one thing I know is dat am always careful b4 I do things, bt I happened to meet dis guy wen I was in p town, he was a friend to my in-law nd his family was like a family friend to us, we got talkn nd wat have u. I took him as a close friend cos of his previous r/ship with my family.

He kept on invitn me to his hauz bt I kept refusn because of dis ph boyz wahala, bt leta I finally went to his house, nd I did cos dat day he pickd me with his friend nd I felt he wuldnt try anything since someone was arund.

Culd u believe it dat someone like dat tried to rape me, bt if nt 4 d intervention of God nd his friend, I wonder wat wuld ve bcme of me. I neva told anybody cos I felt I made d mistake bt I was thankful that atleast I was saved. So d best thing is to pray to God unceasingly to kip u away 4rm evil minds roamn arund our 2days world.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Regina06(f): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is a big lesson for youth of now adays.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by tyum: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Too bad, such a waste ...
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by 2sexy(m): 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
kaorama: This is general talking. No sentiment attached. Quite unfortunate, but the father has said it all
That's a father who does not support silly misbehaviour.... Who knows if he hadn't been seeing signs of this before. A man can't just make such statement except he never trusted his daughter and I believe the mother may have kept a lot of things from the father until now.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by 2sexy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
kaorama: This is general talking. No sentiment attached. Quite unfortunate, but the father has said it all
That's a father who does not support silly misbehaviour.... Who knows if he hadn't been seeing signs of this before. A man can't just make such statement except he never trusted his daughter and I believe the mother may have kept a lot of things from the father until now.

And someone once asked why facebook and twitter was banned in China.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Vongs(m): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
kokoA: cryThis young lady's story is very pathetic.
na so i dnt knw whic one 2 trust
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by vizion: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
On the previous discussion on NL ppl argued for and against parents giving a smartphone to a Pre-teenager https://www.nairaland.com/985514/should-pre-teenager-own-smart-phone#11374929

I guess this should serve as a lesson to parents and guardians, if this gurl of 24yrs could meet her untimely death via Facebook, a Pre-teen should no way go on the internet without a responsible adult supervision.

Parents/guardians beware, do not enter unhealthy competitions that would ruin your kids lives

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by wellmax(m): 2:42am On Aug 27, 2012
These things happen every day. I mistakenly added a lady I don't know on FB ( something I'll not usually do) we started chatting, next thing she was calling before I know this girl came from Calabar to 'say hello' to me. I was like, is this how easy it is to get a Nigerian girl? I had to stylishly send her away. I no want wahala.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Jettage: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2012
Really Pitiful.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 27, 2012
2sexy: That's a father who does not support silly misbehaviour.... Who knows if he hadn't been seeing signs of this before. A man can't just make such statement except he never trusted his daughter and I believe the mother may have kept a lot of things from the father until now.

And someone once asked why facebook and twitter was banned in China.
But China have their own version of Facebook, Twitter and even Google.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by festusfeezy(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2012
babarazy: i hope dis wont discourage my facebook love frm coming to see me.

guy read d general's comment very well, some 1 u've not seen is diff 4rm ur facebk luv.....so no fear
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by bukatyne(f): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Cuddlemii: I want to enlighten us on some security measures we can take in the future.

Before Departure: If you are visiting an unknown/known men, make sure you inform four of your friends/cousins/family members that you are going on a trip. Provide the Location, Name/phone number of the guy(s), Facebook/Forum account & images, the duration you are spending there. Tell them you would update them if there is an extension in your stay, inform them that after the stipulated time you ought to spend elapses and no word is heard from you, they should get worried.

Upon Arrival: Inform the men that you have told 6 people where you are going and given all their details to them for security reasons. When you get to any location, text the address of the place or name to your friends. Also update the men that you have told your family where you are. If you are moved to another location again, update your friends. IF the men have hidden agendas, they probably would be irritated by now and get rid of you for being a liability or at least be conscious and considerate with whatever they want to do to you.

I know babes like being secretive & coded with their waka but when it involves strangers in another state, you had better inform reliable hands that can get you justice if it ever deteriorate to this level. Assuming there was no camera in the hotel or the men did not call the hotel back, how would they have traced the men? The information the babe provided to friends/cousins would have gone a long way.
and why would a well brought up decent gal/boy in her/his right senses go and visit someone they have only met online?

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Bolarge1(m): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2012
ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW:

I think we have learnt so much of these altrocities from what we have been watching and learning from our HOME VIDEOS.

Is not all that giltters that is gold.

Pete Edochie, Kanayo O Kanayo, Gentle Jack and many of our popular Nollywood stars that are good in acting as rituallist have exposed us the dangers in the world.

Let our children learn from what they watch on Tvs rather than only the entertainment part of it.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by muyenmuyen: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
daddy,i know dat statement was out of painful heart,it just apity.dat bad thing happen to u ,the killer of dis wonderful lady shall never go unponish.oh my GOD we lost a queen.sir leave everything 4 GOd. this IBO boys are just like BokoHaram of north.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Cuddlemii: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
bukatyne: and why would a well brought up decent gal/boy in her/his right senses go and visit someone they have only met online?

I am just giving general security measures for visiting people outside your state. If u look closely you will notice I used the words, "unknown/known men" in another state. I wasn't only referring to an unknown person. A known bf/friend can still harm a lady knowing she is visiting from another state. We are not safe with both known/unknown people. The people out there are dangerous whether known/unknown.

Whenever anyone is visiting anyone, make sure you let people know where you are going and whom you are going to see. A person going for just mere official visit with his known business partners can be poisoned to death and buried and no one would find out because he didn't inform anyone about his travelling.

Yes, a decent girl/guy shouldn't visit people they met online but realistically they do and some got away with it. With this now, I am sure everyone would be more conscious than negligent.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by yamakuza: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
May our daughters not die in hotel rooms, or on their way to one. Amen.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Baawaa(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
writejhn27: Nigerians we do over abuse everything even the social networks.
Not only in Nigeria
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Jidejaay: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
Abeg let them close all dis social network especially dis facebook and 2go or 2come
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Jubby(m): 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
House plz let jst allow d gal rest in peace cos we all r quick to 4gt dat it waz destined to end like dis for cynthia and nobody else can predict his/her destiny,but pray to GOD that ur destiny ends well. for every1 that as spoken including her parents,u all talked as humans where some said the right thing and some just said things irrelevant to this case. above all let GOD be the judge.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by bukatyne(f): 12:46am On Aug 28, 2012
Jubby: House plz let jst allow d gal rest in peace cos we all r quick to 4gt dat it waz destined to end like dis for cynthia and nobody else can predict his/her destiny,but pray to GOD that ur destiny ends well. for every1 that as spoken including her parents,u all talked as humans where some said the right thing and some just said things irrelevant to this case. above all let GOD be the judge.
my dear, i don't agree that everything that happens is 'destined'! if we tried to follow God's guidelines, we would save ourselves a lot of heartaches. a gal that died of abortion is not 'destined' to die that way. it's a consequence of her actions. as we lay our beds, we lie on it.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by bukatyne(f): 12:50am On Aug 28, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I am just giving general security measures for visiting people outside your state. If u look closely you will notice I used the words, "unknown/known men" in another state. I wasn't only referring to an unknown person. A known bf/friend can still harm a lady knowing she is visiting from another state. We are not safe with both known/unknown people. The people out there are dangerous whether known/unknown.

Whenever anyone is visiting anyone, make sure you let people know where you are going and whom you are going to see. A person going for just mere official visit with his known business partners can be poisoned to death and buried and no one would find out because he didn't inform anyone about his travelling.

Yes, a decent girl/guy shouldn't visit people they met online but realistically they do and some got away with it. With this now, I am sure everyone would be more conscious than negligent.
i agree wit ur security measures for known persons cos it happens esp during business deals. anyone that tells me he/she is goin to 'visit' someone he/she met online, he/she is on his/her own!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election / Osun Election: Ademola Adeleke Speaks, Warns INEC Against Tampering With Results / Nnamdi Kanu To Appear In Court On Monday Despite Judges’ Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.