Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? (2455 Views)

Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministry Sermons / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2012
still in church(though spending almost all my time on my phone).dont even know what the sermon is about but i couldnt help but hearing the part about "samson killed 1000 phillistines with the jaw of an asss".how the fvck does someone even believe such fable?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by lavita2(f): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2012
Then why are you there in the first place?
What's the point of it?

Delafruita: still in church(though spending almost all my time on my phone).dont even know what the sermon is about but i couldnt help but hearing the part about "samson killed 1000 phillistines with the jaw of an asss".how the fvck does someone even believe such fable?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2012
To torture himself for the day. grin wink
lavita2:
What's the point of it?

Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2012
lavita2:
What's the point of it?

a business partner made me promise to attend his church.he happens to be the "GO".a few hours of this torture is a small price to pay for a good business relationship
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: To torture himself for the day. grin wink
you put it rightly
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
Problem with faith vs reason. Reason will tell you thats bollocks but faith will say even if its trash just believe it.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
diluminati: Problem with faith vs reason. Reason will tell you thats bollocks but faith will say even if its trash just believe it.
i wonder why people choose faith over reason
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by cyrexx: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:

faith give you a comfort of having a sky daddy watch over you while reason expose you to the hard cold truth and reality of the fact that no almighty nothing from no sky is watching out for nobody. it take guts to admit the truth sometimes.

thats why many will be intellectually dishonest and still prefer faith over reason.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
cyrexx:

faith give you a comfort of having a sky daddy watch over you while reason expose you to the hard cold truth and reality of the fact that no almighty nothing from no sky is watching out for nobody. it take guts to admit the truth sometimes.

thats why many will be intellectually dishonest and still prefer faith over reason.
thats the primary reason most "faithfuls" remain in the shackles of poverty and lack.they keep expecting yahweh to "transfer the riches of the gentiles" to them.their pastors tell them to intensify prayers,fasting,giving,sacrifices etc
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by CrazyMan(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita: still in church(though spending almost all my time on my phone).dont even know what the sermon is about but i couldnt help but hearing the part about "samson killed 1000 phillistines with the jaw of an asss".how the fvck does someone even believe such fable?
If you wish not believe what is written in the scriptures, its up to you. But making a mockery of the bible whould result in a stiff punishment from God.

You are warned.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
CrazyMan:
If you wish not believe what is written in the scriptures, its up to you. But making a mockery of the bible whould result in a stiff punishment from God.

You are warned.

thanks crazyman.you're indeed crazy
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by jayriginal: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2012

Havent you seen Jackie Chan or Jet Li do similar stuff ?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
jayriginal:

Havent you seen Jackie Chan or Jet Li do similar stuff ?
dude we're talking 1000 phillistines.1000 been an actual figure and not an idiomatic expression.the weapon been jawbone of a freaking asss.if this story is true,means the phillistines were just as stuupid as modern day religionists.
am tryna picture the stuff in my head.did the phillistines form a queue?after he killed 500,did he clear the field of their bodies?if not,how did he get around to the others?after he killed 700,why didnt the remaining guys flee?
the story is just bollocks.reminds me of david getting the foreskin of 500phillistines as a brideprice for saul's daughter.did he skin each body after killing or did he kill them first then start skinning?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by jayriginal: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^^
Just kidding. Couldnt you tell?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2012

the story of Samson is a story of how tremendously powerful God's active force/power is, the holy spirit.

We cant imagine how powerful it is as human, however, when we examine the instances it empowers someone like that of Samson.
Considering this instance of Samson's we end up knowing how tremendously powerful It is.

Not just this instance of killing 1000 people with a jaw bone in war.

Consider also the instance of same Samson uprooting the city gate pilars of same philistian at one night,

that same night he carried the two pilars and ran to a distance of about 50km at a HIGHT of 900meters and there he dropped them.

At Mount Horab.

We know how large a city entrace gate pilars can be.

When the holy spirit or God's/active force
is at work or empower a human the human then attain potential/ability beyond human capacity.

God gave this same power to Jesus christ when he was here on earth.

When the power one uses is God's power any thing is then possible or unattainable.

Unless it is not from almighty God.

This incident recorded helps us to appreciate what we will otherwise not have been able to imagine/understand about God's holy spirit.

Peace
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2012
jayriginal: ^^^
Just kidding. Couldnt you tell?
of course i detected the sarcasm
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
truthislight:

the story of Samson is a story of how tremendously powerful God's active force/power is, the holy spirit.

We cant imagine how powerful it is as human, however, when we examine the instances it empowers someone like that of Samson.
Considering this instance of Samson's we end up knowing how tremendously powerful It is.

Not just this instance of killing 1000 people with a jaw bone in war.

Consider also the instance of same Samson uprooting the city gate pilars of same philistian at one night,

that same night he carried the two pilars and ran to a distance of about 50km at a HIGHT of 900meters and there he dropped them.

At Mount Horab.

We know how large a city entrace gate pilars can be.

When the holy spirit or God's/active force
is at work or empower a human the human then attain potential/ability beyond human capacity.

God gave this same power to Jesus christ when he was here on earth.

When the power one uses is God's power any thing is then possible or unattainable.

Unless it is not from almighty God.

This incident recorded helps us to appreciate what we will otherwise not have been able to imagine/understand about God's holy spirit.

Peace
what stops you from believing in peter pan,snow white and godzilla?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
a business partner made me promise to attend his church.he happens to be the "GO".a few hours of this torture is a small price to pay for a good business relationship

hahaha.

Hehehe.

Huhuhu.

Hohoho.

Hurhurhur.

Kiakiakia..

MOmomo.

Okoro.

Tatata.
Lol
What shall we call you?

grin
Delafruita:

hahaha.

Hehehe.

Huhuhu.

Hohoho.

Hurhurhur.

Kiakiakia..

MOmomo.

Okoro.

Tatata.
Lol
What shall we call you?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:

just like you are alife and dont know how.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
cyrexx:

hur!
cool
cyrexx:

hur!
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
truthislight:

hahaha.

Hehehe.

Huhuhu.

Hohoho.

Hurhurhur.

Kiakiakia..

MOmomo.

Okoro.

Tatata.
Lol
What shall we call you?

grin

hahaha.

Hehehe.

Huhuhu.

Hohoho.

Hurhurhur.

Kiakiakia..

MOmomo.

Okoro.

Tatata.
Lol
What shall we call you?

lay off the weed.its bad for your already bad mental state
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
thats the primary reason most "faithfuls" remain in the shackles of poverty and lack.they keep expecting yahweh to "transfer the riches of the gentiles" to them.their pastors tell them to intensify prayers,fasting,giving,sacrifices etc

how true is this statement?

Are all those having faith in God poor?

Accepted, miracle preaching destroys the creative powers of the undeveloped mind.

And reduce creativity.

But imagine a mind that is not corrupt and is fully focus on a research endeavour, i can reliably tell you that such a mind is unlimited with the mental hindrance/distraction of an immoral developing mind.

This is a fact.

A young person in school fully focus and not crolling does better than one that have constant distraction from the opposite sex.

But deception and Deceit! Becoming the bend of chritianity has not allowed the full values from being attain.

The Jews seem to excel but people dont seems to ask why?

Find out, the best creative minds have always been those that are fully focus with less distraction in there formative yrs by vices/immoral activities.

Am speaking from experience.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
dude we're talking 1000 phillistines.1000 been an actual figure and not an idiomatic expression.the weapon been jawbone of a freaking asss.if this story is true,means the phillistines were just as stuupid as modern day religionists.
am tryna picture the stuff in my head.did the phillistines form a queue?after he killed 500,did he clear the field of their bodies?if not,how did he get around to the others?after he killed 700,why didnt the remaining guys flee?
the story is just bollocks.reminds me of david getting the foreskin of 500phillistines as a brideprice for saul's daughter.did he skin each body after killing or did he kill them first then start skinning?

meaning they were uncircumciss.

You also concluded that the philistian total nos of soldiers that came to the battle were just 1000 soldiers,

is tha true?

How did you know that?

If they were more than 1000 soldiers why did you think that the rest did not run?

In a fight how many people can surround an individual at a time?

Infect being a sceptic can blind ones minds at times.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
what stops you from believing in peter pan,snow white and godzilla?

they did not show the reasonable reasons to believe in.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by truthislight: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
lay off the weed.its bad for your already bad mental state

me weed?

I thought you were an honest guy why do you say what is false?

I dont take weed!

Do you lie?

Cus you have lied against me.

Stop lying become an honest person cus it will give you peace.

At least you dont have to be watching your back.

Imagine that the guy you went to church to meet finds out you are fake?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 27, 2012
funny thread...

@delafruita: Samson reminds me of Kratos in God of War (playstation)...
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 4:41am On Aug 27, 2012
musKeeto: funny thread...

@delafruita: Samson reminds me of Kratos in God of War (playstation)...
lol. the samson character is more badass than kratos.am wondering what a game developed around samson will look like.weapons would probably include jawbone of an asss,tail of a rabbit and his frigging hands.kratos is a badass but even he cant pull of the 1000 phillistines stunt
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 4:51am On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

how true is this statement?

Are all those having faith in God poor?

Accepted, miracle preaching destroys the creative powers of the undeveloped mind.

And reduce creativity.

But imagine a mind that is not corrupt and is fully focus on a research endeavour, i can reliably tell you that such a mind is unlimited with the mental hindrance/distraction of an immoral developing mind.

This is a fact.

A young person in school fully focus and not crolling does better than one that have constant distraction from the opposite sex.

But deception and Deceit! Becoming the bend of chritianity has not allowed the full values from being attain.

Find out, the best creative minds have always been those that are fully focus with less distraction in there formative yrs by vices/immoral activities.

Am speaking from experience.
when you say "creative minds" what exactly do you mean?freud was a creative mind.so were lord byron and victor hugo.oprah is a creative mind and so is ben carson and david oyedepo.creativity isnt a matter of a belief system that revolves around a deity,its more about the sequence of events in the life of an individual presenting him with the opportunity to make his mark on the sands of time.it isnt about vices they engaged in.alexander was in love with his mother but that fact is relegated to the background because he is perhaps the greatest conqueror in history.lord byron had a baby with his half-sister but that takes nothing away from him been one of the greatest poets of all time.
bob marley wasnt a paragon of virtue.JFK and clinton werent your ideal model of faithfulness and sanctity.jefferson had quite a number of children with his slave,shakespear had his issues,machiavelli was driven more by a desire for power,michealangelo loved his money while da vinci preferred beautiful women.
hope my point has been made
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by Delafruita(m): 4:54am On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

they did not show the reasonable reasons to believe in.
how ironic that sounds coming from "yahweh's advocate"
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by plaetton: 6:05am On Aug 27, 2012
Delafruita:

Believe it or not, foreskin, in this context refers to geni.talia. Yes O.
And believe it or not, It was customary, in those days, for warriors, especially kings, to eat the gen.italia of their conqured enemies. It represented the ultimate conquest.
So, yes , cannibalism is in the bible, just hidden in obscure language.
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by plaetton: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

Hmmm. let me guess.
Could it because they are christians or could it be because they are the most virtous tribe, or could it be because they are united and hold firmly, their attachment to their culture, traditions and history?
Re: Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? by dekung(m): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2012
@truthislight, you made several submissions and assertions about the power of God at work making Samson kill 1000 men with the jawbone of a donkey but problem how come such things only occur in unsubstantiated stories written in the bible? You cant believe peter pan, snow white, santa clause, super man, spider man etc yet you can believe these stories written in the bible. Have you ever wondered why so many of those larger-than-life stories in the bible never happened in recorded history? Oh God is having a rethink hence he is not performing as He used to? You probably don't know that majority of the stories in the bible, especially in OT, were oral traditions i.e they were transfered orally before it was written down. In our mordern day those FABUlous stories can only happen in three places: Video games, Cinemas and in the Bible. In real life such things cannot happen because its not realty.

May the force be with you
Peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ww3 Is Inevitable / Any Athiest In This House ? / Pastor Makes Congregants Suck His joystick In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.