Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... (9487 Views)

Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo) / When The Witches Find Out You Failed Waec(pic) / Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

Now, please how best would you advise such a person..? Thanks.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by polis007(m): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
don't throw in the towel yet there're many ppl like you out there, the fact that they are not talking doesn't mean they dont exist . infact it took me six yrs to make my papers in one setting and I av gotten admission this yr at unilag to study cell biology and genetics. keep hope a life, enroll for next yr's and best of luck

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thanks Polis007 for your input. It's well appreciated. Wouldn't mind to share this page with her and some others...really, to think that some students could commide suicide some weeks back just because of their academic performance in the said exam makes this case worrisome. We are hoping that when they read such inspiring stories from people who have failed 'severally' before they'd be challenged to hold forth...
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Ladanboso: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
My dear dnt gv up,ther s light at d end of the tunnel,i grad 4rm secondary skol 2004,i wrote jamb 8 tyms,n on d 8th settings dis yr,i got double admision N.D.U n U.S.T so dnt gv up,
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
wow! Good one, Ladan.

I was going to ask, how was it like during your 'waiting' period? Were there suggestions from friends and family members to try something else? what made you held on?? wink thank you

#questions directed to you and Polis007 smiley
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by polis007(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
there's always going to be pressure frm fam and frnds....it hurts to see your frnds or and relatives make head way with their various chosen careers except you.just be focused and whilst you're waiting, you can keep yourself busy with other things...like business or acquiring new skills. The fact that I survived it means you can as well...just give it another try, it might just be the predestined yr for you. One thing I av learnt in this whole thing is that I can handle it that's why destiny threw the challenge, some other ppl would've caved under the pressure. That you are still standing after so many yrs means you can wait it out. keep hope alive. Your later days shall be gr8ter.

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Ladanboso: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
My family n frnds supportd me,al tru,dat shuld try again n again. Dis yr i refuse getin d jamb form,it was my elder sista dat bought it 4me,nw i av double admisn.Thou i put my faith in God,dat i cn mak it
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by snave007(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
''(Never give up,keep trying, keep on believing God)'' After several years,I finally made mine this year.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by xanadus: 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
you are a big olodo rabata. go and learn mechanic.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by snthesis(m): 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
is WAEC getting more advanced, or are the next generation of students getting duller, perhaps the teachers are now more incompetent? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Emylexray(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
xanadus: you are a big olodo rabata. go and learn mechanic.
i thought you had a brain . . .
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by seedord247(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
xanadus: you are a big olodo rabata. go and learn mechanic.

Coming from someone that drop out of primary school to join agbero. grin

OP.. Follow poliss advice... We have many on here that keep mute bcus of public embarrasment.

Its only in nigeria that we count this education as a ticket to heaven... I still remember my first year in UNI. 70% of student in my maths class is above 40 yrs...

Education is good but not a must for everyone.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
7/8 yrs? Wow! Its really sad how students spend a very long time trying to pass their exams.is it that they are not brilliant enough Or the questions are too difficult? I advise you to try harder and pls don't try anything silly especially committing suicide!
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by crackhouse(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
@OP, which subject is she trying to get?
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Wizeboy(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dont be discourage, you just need to improve on the subjects you are having problem with by either attending good Lesson/Coaching in your area or if you can afford it, employ a private teacher to teach you the said subjects. God Almighty will see you through.

BTW: I hope during the 7/8 years, you have learned one or two hand-work. If not, then those years can said to be wasted. While trying to get educated, it is not a bad thing to get yourself empower in other aspect of life. There is no confirm theory that says you must be educated to be successful in life.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
give ur life to Christ and go for deliverance.....only dem can u find peace in all you do

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Alfredbabs(m): 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
i wat to kno d subjects in which u hav problem
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
Tell her to go find something else to do. Everybody is born with a talent. Not everybody who passes waec are champions. Infact, I can categorically tell u that I don't even know where my waec or or results are. Cos, I don't need dem. And yet, I thank God for my life and where I am today. So, tell her to discover herself.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by tonymariao(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
enroll 4 extra lessons l mean gud private teachers maybe a gud relation of urs 2 save cost n believe in urself...again try 2 get past waec ques n solve as many as u can in a long note 2gother with d solved past ques read, compare...u will discover while u failed
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by seedord247(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
agabasam: give ur life to Christ and go for deliverance.....only dem can u find peace in all you do

Another way to prove stupidity. shocked

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by kunzzy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
pls can she call me on 08067598562,08028300638 i am touched but could be of help i run an academic consultin firm KUNLE is my name
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
seedord247:

Coming from someone that drop out of primary school to join agbero. grin

OP.. Follow poliss advice... We have many on here that keep mute bcus of public embarrasment.

Its only in nigeria that we count this education as a ticket to heaven... I still remember my first year in UNI. 70% of student in my maths class is above 40 yrs...

Education is good but not a must for everyone.. shocked

Formal education you mean or what? school education is just one part of education and not all about education.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
crackhouse: @OP, which subject is she trying to get?
Mathematics and Literature in English.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ekpriobong(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
kunzzy: pls can she call me on 08067598562,08028300638 i am touched but could be of help i run an academic consultin firm KUNLE is my name

Tell the fellow what you want to offer her here. The thread was not created for business but advice.

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by otokx(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
She may be beating the air, many people are like that, supposed to be reading courses like theatre arts, music or agriculture but they are breaking their head looking for physics to read engineering.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
Trying to get her on nairaland, so she could read your suggestions...but, she is not picking her calls, yet. Thanks all.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by eyenCalabar(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
She should also try NECO and NECO External but never to give up. Winners to quit and Quitters don't win.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by honeric01(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee:
Mathematics and Literature in English.

Why waste her time on her weak points when she can concentrate on her strong points? if she won't pass both papers, she can as well change course to fit into what she's good at. there are other courses she can go for without the need for credit in maths and Lit. In english. the fact that she's struggling with these 2 shows that they are not her strong points.

We as humans should learn to concentrate on what we are good at, to become the best in what we are good at and at the end of the day derive the greatest joy/satisfaction from it. I advise her to use her result by looking for a course that is suitable for such a result instead of wasting valuable time waiting for irrelevant things.

Secondly, in these 8years, what has she been able to 'add" to her life? 8 years is enough to be a master in other career, this does not mean she should abandon formal education but there's no knowledge that is useless, 8 years invested into skills acquisition is going to go a long way to push her further in life. (I just hope she invested her 8yrs of waiting though)
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by temest1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
She shld pray fast nd work. More. Hard lyk puttin in all she's got.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by OAM4J: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
Quitters don't win, winners don't quit. She should not give up and she will have a beautiful testimony/story in the future.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by slumcat(m): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2012
join ash....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU To Oyo, Osun: Declare State Of Emergency On LAUTECH / What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.