Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

My Problem With Some Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Problem With Some Atheists (763 Views)

My Problem With Atheist / My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With Some Atheists by tobechi20(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
I hav had few atheist as friends. I noticed one thing they hav in common. They xtend their belief to their everyday lyf. They argue over little or noting.they criticize everything. They think negatively. They are pessimist .they are born critics.

An atheist would rather use the world HALF EMPTY than HALF FUL

I remember many years ago when p square releasd his video roll it. Every one loved it.it even recievd nigerian and african award. But my atheist frend hated it. Acordin to him there was no gal ROLLIN anything in d video.

My ex rummate , an atheist was no exception. He complains about everytin. We cant watch a film witout him makin a negative coment. THE ACTOR MADE A MISTAKE, THE COSTUME ISNT NICE, etc

just recently, two weeks ago., i was walking with one of them. We walkd pass d ecowas secretariat in abuja.i admird d building , d way d flags were arangd, d flowers etc. I told my atheist friend dis. He was fast to notice dat one of d flags was lower dan d rest.i had to tel him it was d ghanian flag because they were mournin their presidnt.

Is it part of atheism to detect faults?
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by manmustwac(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
We atheists do not believe in God. What you are saying about your atheist friend complaining about P square & the Ghanian flag obviously has nothing to do with atheism & should know that if u were intelligent enough. It has to be something to do with your friends character.
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by hadbak: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
manmustwac: We atheists do not believe in God. What you are saying about your atheist friend complaining about P square & the Ghanian flag obviously has nothing to do with atheism & should know that if u were intelligent enough. It has to be something to do with your friends character.
I pity for ur life. U conciously say u don't believe in God. U gav u ur life? Is it ur fada? Animal!
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by tobechi20(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
manmustwac: We atheists do not believe in God. What you are saying about your atheist friend complaining about P square & the Ghanian flag obviously has nothing to do with atheism & should know that if u were intelligent enough. It has to be something to do with your friends character.
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by tobechi20(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2012

my point is dat they criticize everything. They dont see positive side of things . I heard of a child who ran home hapy dat he took first only to b scolded by his atheist dad for not comin first

why dont they apreciate gud tins
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by Delafruita(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
tobechi20: I hav had few atheist as friends. I noticed one thing they hav in common. They xtend their belief to their everyday lyf. They argue over little or noting.they criticize everything. They think negatively. They are pessimist .they are born critics.

An atheist would rather use the world HALF EMPTY than HALF FUL

I remember many years ago when p square releasd his video roll it. Every one loved it.it even recievd nigerian and african award. But my atheist frend hated it. Acordin to him there was no gal ROLLIN anything in d video.

My ex rummate , an atheist was no exception. He complains about everytin. We cant watch a film witout him makin a negative coment. THE ACTOR MADE A MISTAKE, THE COSTUME ISNT NICE, etc

just recently, two weeks ago., i was walking with one of them. We walkd pass d ecowas secretariat in abuja.i admird d building , d way d flags were arangd, d flowers etc. I told my atheist friend dis. He was fast to notice dat one of d flags was lower dan d rest.i had to tel him it was d ghanian flag because they were mournin their presidnt.

Is it part of atheism to detect faults?
what does been an atheist have to do with been a critic?some people cant help noticing mistakes.you wanna tellme there arent christians who find fault with everything?
i like good movies which is why i prefer foreign movies.even when it comes to foreign movies,i am still very selective.as a writer,i expect good dialogue.i expect a movie to try to convince me its a reality.sometimes i get stuck with a nigerian movie especially when my fiancee visits and i just cant help noticing the obvious flaws.its not about belief or disbelief in god.its about having an analytical mind that doesnt just accept all jargons that comes your way.
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by Delafruita(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
tobechi20:

my point is dat they criticize everything. They dont see positive side of things . I heard of a child who ran home hapy dat he took first only to b scolded by his atheist dad for not comin first

why dont they apreciate gud tins
with a though process of this sort,its no wonder you cant realise the obvious reality that stares you in the face
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by Zodiac61(m): 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
What exactly is the point of this post?
Another theist taking ill informed potshots at atheists.
How very typical.
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by saintvc(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Zodiac61: What exactly is the point of this post?
Another theist taking ill informed potshots at atheists.
How very typical.

diz is d point

BOY COMES 2ND IN CLASS

ATHEIST: y didnt u com first ,
RELIGOUS: nice, dat gud, try to com ist next time

LOOKING AT THE WORLD
Religious: beautiful bird, d oceans, d animals,the plants, al nice creation

Atheist: coruption, evils, kilings,suffering

THE CREATOR

religous: best artist, gud creation

atheist :d creator, if any, must nt b proud of his awful creation filled with flaws and error

BIBLE, KORAN, CONSTITUTION

religous :gud books, aids in maintainin peace,laws and order

atheist:folktale,storybook. We dont need rules and regulation.
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by tobechi20(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
saintvc:

diz is d point

BOY COMES 2ND IN CLASS

LOOKING AT THE WORLD

THE CREATOR

atheist :d creator, if any, must nt b proud of his awful creation filled with flaws and error

exactly. Ure feeling me bro. THERE IS NO ATHEIST WHO ISNT A CRITICS....NOT EVEN ON NAIRALAND
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by Delafruita(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
saintvc:

diz is d point

BOY COMES 2ND IN CLASS

LOOKING AT THE WORLD

THE CREATOR

what exactly does this mean?seems like a senseless point to me
Re: My Problem With Some Atheists by wiegraf: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
Atheism is not some sort of cultural system that encourages people to be this or that.

Your concern is with people is that value objectivity more than being emotionally supportive. Doesn't mean they don't care. That actually has very little to do with atheism itself anyways. This is also just your personal opinion, many others are happy being critical and/or living with critical minded people, and in fact are very productive.

Not to mention look at the population differences. Even if there is a higher ratio of this type among atheists, there are lot more theists so you'll likely encounter variety more frequently among them (not so sure if my math is correct though). But many religious are like that too, and are actually proud of it. There a lot of atheists that value emotional harmony as well.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Is Folly To The Faithless. / The Myth Of Religious Moderation / Who Is A False Prophet? Please Frosbel Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.