Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' (1507 Views)

'Free Sheikh Zakzaky' Rally In Katsina (Photos) / Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Graphic: Picture Of Bleeding Sheikh Zakzaky With Bullet Wounds And Swollen Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by Euroclydon(m): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
Kaduna — Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky said at the weekend that there are plans to destabilize Nigeria, and turning it to another "Somalia."

Zakzaky stated this while hosting Reverend Kuka of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Reverend Mamman Daudu of the Chapel of Resurrection, Zaria and Mr Diji Haruna, chairman, Christian/Muslim Youth Peace Initiative and other religious leaders to a Sallah feast.

According to him, there were forces from outside who are bent on turning Nigeria into another "Somalia".

"Look at what they are doing in Syria. Some of the captives have testified that those who took them captive were not of Syrian descent but Europeans. Look at what they did in Libya where they imposed a war on it and got it destabilized and later killed the leader, Ghaddafi. Look at what they have done to Somalia, they have rendered it ungovernable. That is what they are planning to do to Nigeria. With this kind of vicious plans, people should not be deceived into crises on the grounds of religion or tribalism.

We are facing a situation whereby the current insecurity was imposed upon us and we are being blamed for it. The problem was created by a selfish group for a selfish purpose. It is absurd for poverty to be imposed on a person and yet be blamed for it. We were not like this in the past, therefore this situation is not of us. There are masterminds behind it. It is true that people differ in tribes, but nobody contributed towards belonging to any tribe or race. He only found him/herself belonging to it, therefore it is not a basis for crisis," he added.

He said the Movement has done a lot to make people understand the need for peace and harmonious coexistence.

"Several tribal and religious groups have invited me to functions while others visited me in search of peace and understanding", he said.

In their remarks, the Christian clerics expressed appreciation to the leader of the Islamic Movement for his peace initiatives. Reverend Daudu, on his part maintained that there is a need for youths to be sensitized to live in peace. "Most of the people that take part in crises are youths. Let's talk to them with the hope that they will listen and shun violence," he said.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/the-west-wants-to-render-nigeria-ungovernable-sheikh-zakzaky

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by Euroclydon(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
The more reason why we should unite as one... We are richly endowed enough to be the envy of west!
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by okosodo: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
He should shut up and stop reasoning from the anus . Are people from the west the suicide bombers? Are they the ones going to church killing christians?
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by IjeomaObasi: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
Euroclydon: Kaduna — Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky said at the weekend that there are plans to destabilize Nigeria, and turning it to another "Somalia."

Zakzaky stated this while hosting Reverend Kuka of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Reverend Mamman Daudu of the Chapel of Resurrection, Zaria and Mr Diji Haruna, chairman, Christian/Muslim Youth Peace Initiative and other religious leaders to a Sallah feast.

According to him, there were forces from outside who are bent on turning Nigeria into another "Somalia".

"Look at what they are doing in Syria. Some of the captives have testified that those who took them captive were not of Syrian descent but Europeans. Look at what they did in Libya where they imposed a war on it and got it destabilized and later killed the leader, Ghaddafi. Look at what they have done to Somalia, they have rendered it ungovernable. That is what they are planning to do to Nigeria. With this kind of vicious plans, people should not be deceived into crises on the grounds of religion or tribalism.

We are facing a situation whereby the current insecurity was imposed upon us and we are being blamed for it. The problem was created by a selfish group for a selfish purpose. It is absurd for poverty to be imposed on a person and yet be blamed for it. We were not like this in the past, therefore this situation is not of us. There are masterminds behind it. It is true that people differ in tribes, but nobody contributed towards belonging to any tribe or race. He only found him/herself belonging to it, therefore it is not a basis for crisis," he added.

He said the Movement has done a lot to make people understand the need for peace and harmonious coexistence.

"Several tribal and religious groups have invited me to functions while others visited me in search of peace and understanding", he said.

In their remarks, the Christian clerics expressed appreciation to the leader of the Islamic Movement for his peace initiatives. Reverend Daudu, on his part maintained that there is a need for youths to be sensitized to live in peace. "Most of the people that take part in crises are youths. Let's talk to them with the hope that they will listen and shun violence," he said.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/the-west-wants-to-render-nigeria-ungovernable-sheikh-zakzaky

I agree with him that their are forces bent on turning Nigeria into a war zone and most Nigerian citizens are ignorant of that fact...we really need to rally round the government in times like this.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by apala911: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
This is a thought provoking submission.......as a nation, we must work together to fight against all forces that want to disintegrate our nation.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
If armed robbers came to my house, and they were arrested and it turned out that one of them happens to be a member of my family.

This member of my family reveals that he was "sponsored" by "external" forces to rob my family of which he is a member.

I will ask him to cut the crap and dance the music he he has started.

I don't give a single dam about the conspiracy theories, the fact those who has been killing and maiming my kinsmen in the Northern Nigeria ever since I became conscious of my environment are Nigerians leaves me in pains.

Why is it that this "external" forces found willing tools only in the North?
When did this "external" forces start their operations in Nigeria?

I need to know whether it was the external forces that initiated the Reinhard Bonke riots and all the other riots in the North.

Northern leaders should think of a way of combing the monster they created by neglecting proper education and focusing on nothing but Arabic and Sharia studies.

Sharia is brutal as Islam is a bloody religion.

Conspiracy theories my foot

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your Independence Anniversary Messages Here / Model Pictures Of Eko Atlanic City Project / Development In Imo State (Before And After)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.