Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note (16918 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by nhiyo(m): 8:50am On Aug 28, 2012
Seun Kuti, grandson of Funmilayo Kuti, one of the women whose pictures have been approved to appear on the proposed N5,000 note, yesterday said his grandmother would not approve of the image, if she were still alive.

Kuti, who is a musician, spoke while appearing on a television programme.

He said: “I do not have the power to stop the government from printing the note but I would want the government to remove my grandma’s face from the so-called note.”

According to him, the Federal Government did not officially inform the Kuti family of the intended action.

He said:  “It was through the radio that we got to know that her face would be used…we were not officially contacted.”

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/art-a-life/43490--remove-my-grandmas-face-from-n5000-note-seun-kuti

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by shesco(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2012
nhiyo: Seun Kuti, grandson of Funmilayo Kuti, one of the women whose pictures have been approved to appear on the proposed N5,000 note, yesterday said his grandmother would not approve of the image, if she were still alive.

Kuti, who is a musician, spoke while appearing on a television programme.

He said: “I do not have the power to stop the government from printing the note but I would want the government to remove my grandma’s face from the so-called note.”

According to him, the Federal Government did not officially inform the Kuti family of the intended action.

He said:  “It was through the radio that we got to know that her face would be used…we were not officially contacted.”

is that the reason why he don't want her grandma picture to be on the note?
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Willzkid(m): 9:06am On Aug 28, 2012
shesco:

is that the reason why he doesn't want his grandma's picture on the note?
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by okeymadu(m): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2012
Such attention seeking comment.

Silly and lacking in intellectual depth.

2 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2012
don't they have olori ebi in the kuti family?

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Chanchit: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2012
shesco:

is that the reason why he don't want her grandma picture to be on the note?
Is the reason not enough..? They don't know what their response would be, thats why they won't go near kalakuta, cos they know how crazy the family are..

4 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Chiopatra: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2012
At least they wd have informed her family.

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by ayobase(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2012
Ori e pe gan Seun.
Ta lo ni japajapa?
Fela alone sef no go gree make that happen....this useless governement of ours....do the right thing and u shall have our full support!
In the right sense, the woman wont accept the offer if she were alive with happenings around!

5 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Acidosis(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2012
Whatever! Who cares. . .
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by dasparrow: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
@Post

Well, government should have informed the family. That would have been the courteous thing to do but it's Nigeria we are talking about so anything goes. No protocol, no nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by moderatorr: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
Some fooll comes out to say a great woman's picture shouldnt appear on the national currency note because he happened 2 be his grandson and was not financially contacted by the fg.
Samething the useless daughter did on the renaming of unilag to her father's name.

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by pembisco(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
wat seun mean is dis...whrs my own share of d 40billion naira...jst lyk our senators mean by sayin they wer nt infomd
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by ANYPEN(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
moderatorr: Some fooll comes out to say a great woman's picture shouldnt appear on the national currency note because he happened 2 be his grandson and was not financially contacted by the fg.
Samething the useless daughter did on the renaming of unilag to her father's name.

Unfortunately for you, that fool knows what he's saying, you don't!!!

11 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Abujafood: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
Funmi Ransome Kuti is a national icon, she isn't the personal property of the Kuti Family but all Nigerians because of her sterling contributions so the family doesn't have to be contacted for permission. It's up to all Nigerians to decide not Kuti's family alone.

9 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Basic(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
ANY-PEN :

Unfortunately for you, that fool knows what he's saying, you don't!!!
So, you're still angry over the failed attempt to rename UNILAG? Why not get on the 3rd Mainlad bridge and plunge yourself into the lagoon? Non-se.nse!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Super1759: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
So kuti needs permission from government before honouring her grand mum
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by lagosapple: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
No be you own your grandma, Seun.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Yaya6: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Why should the family be contacted first before using the image on a bank note. this is a national issue not what any Nigerian can wake up to object. And what could be the best way to immortalize someone in this country. On the highest denomination for that matter. Seun is just looking for a cheap popularity jo.

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by dont8(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
The said national icon was killed by who?
Abujafood: Funmi Ransome Kuti is a national icon, she isn't the personal property of the Kuti Family but all Nigerians because of her sterling contributions so the family doesn't have to be contacted for permission. It's up to all Nigerians to decide not Kuti's family alone.

2 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by proudlyafrican(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
I will agree with him on the premise that his Grandma will not accept the offer if she were alive today.It is just a way of telling our political leaders that they have to do more to win the people`s respect.Secondly,it is not out of place if the family is duly informed before the Public announcement of the initiative. After all, in Africa we have the cultural belief to give birth to children so they can be our representative after we have departed from planet earth to may be planet Venus;this cultural belief still accounts for the fact, why people still discriminate against the female child,insisting that you mush have a male child who will live after you and continue the procreation business even after you have had five beautiful and intelligent female children.On this note i second his opinion because he is representing his Grandma who is now in Pluto watching her offspring representing her.

10 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Abujafood: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
dont8: The said national icon was killed by who?

You tell me!
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by ebamma(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
moderatorr: Some fooll comes out to say a great woman's picture shouldnt appear on the national currency note because he happened 2 be his grandson and was not financially contacted by the fg.
me thinks the fool here is you

5 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by MMM2(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
The boy just want federal government & CBN 2 give him money (BRIBE)
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Do I fuccking care who's face appear on the note? How does it make me afford 3 square meals a day? Am only thinking what the new denomination is gonna cause to ordinary nigerians.inflation is gonna be on the rise!that's my problem. undecided

1 Like

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by cutievik: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shameful indeed,Nigerians wud never cease to amaze me,It seems from d current post i hv come across Nigerians hv given this harsh economic policy a go ahead,Femi who is knw as a civil ryt activist wud hv discredited this policy saying it wud nt favour the ordinary Nigerian therefore he wud nt want his iconic grand mum to be a part and parcel of the evil but Instead he chose d lame excuse of the family nt properly informed,NLders pls dt let this 'attention seeker' get to u cos to me he's nothing more than Noise!

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by DICKtator: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
M M M: The boy just want federal government & CBN 2 give him money (BRIBE)

You think the kuti family can be bought? With all the messages they preach about the government?
What stops CBN from simply intimating the Kutis of their plan?
They should know better,apparently they did,cos of all the 3, the Kutis may object cos of how Govt has always treated them.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr. Seun, dont worry your silly ass, they may not be N5000 note after all.
Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by DICKtator: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Even though Seun has a right to his own opinion/views,I feel Femi's opinion and view on this subject matter is more important and rather,the Kuti family.
That is their business.
My business is/are the economic result(s)/implication(s) that would arise as a result of this (suspended) policy.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smoked Fish Factory In Adazi-Nnukwu, Anambra / Heavy Security Presence In Kaduna / Wike Inspects Construction Of Tam David-West Boulevard Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.