Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,701 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (18133 Views)

Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users / "-" E-series Zone "-" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hmm . . . Well I hacked my iPhone and now it has a Symbian Emulator that runs on it. . .
All Symbian Based application run on it except the S90 Series, and I am working on that now!

I have a very Cool IM App called Mr. Thumbs, Google For IT! grin
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2008
funkybaby:

for me its the N95. I love the phone to bits. Its the second symbian phone i am using and so far absolutely no regrets. My jealous friends call it 'machine' or 'eru' meaning its loaded. Although, i have heard comments from people telling me that its a masculine phone. But i don't care, lol.

I agree with funkyB. N95 is awesome. Too much gadget in one fone PC. Other than bigger screen and longer battery life, I believe it beats the iphone.

Talking about battery life, thats one issue I have with N95. Especially if you use the GPS often.

All the same, N95 it is!
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 22, 2008
N95 is cool I must say, but get an iPhone & u'll know what I'm talking about. . .
I used an N95 last year and the phone delivered quite alright!

But when I started with an iPhone. . .I knew I had bin dulling!
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
lungwun:

To be honest, the N95 has just got to be the best phone out there for now. tho in a couple of weeks it'll be the N82. for those of you using N70's, N72's, N76's, N91's, N93 and N93i's, i have one advice for you,    GET A NEW PHONE!!!!
 Otherwise  lipsrsealed

Dual Core:

i'll start respecting them when they produce solar powered/charged phones (not prototypes) and bring them into the market. for now all they make is "wannabe" products.

Noise  grin

prominence:

Whats the hype bout n72, as far as am concerned its wack. the phone is jst too empty. honestly n70 is a nock- off for it.
Yeap N72 is not worth to be in the 'N' family

ritapearl:

N70 is a very nice phone. Though i'm not phone freak. But the phone is a nice one. I see something new in it everyday.
What new today?

bazii80:

Oh dear!
sadThis whole talk is making me feel horrible.
I haven't actually got time to study d phone sha.
But could somebody please tell me something GOOD about N72?!

lipsrsealed

sweeten:

I use an N80 and since i bought my phone i have not being able to check my account balance,i bought the phone in slot at computer village what do i do

Your on your own lipsrsealed

Ralvy:

Hmm . . . Well I hacked my iPhone and now it has a Symbian Emulator that runs on it. . .
All Symbian Based application run on it except the S90 Series, and I am working on that now!

I have a very Cool IM App called Mr. Thumbs, Google For IT!  grin

Wrong Topic

Ralvy:

N95 is cool I must say, but get an iPhone & u'll know what I'm talking about. . .

[size=18pt]Shit happens[/size]
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
Abeg I fit get person to help me upload Any soccer for ma Nokia Ngage Holla bac
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2008
Ralvy:

@Ralvy
iPhone is a wow phone, aight! I'm not disputing, but I believe N95 would give you your money's worth better than it.

By the way, wat feature of the iPhone you dig that much?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ hob_goblin

Yeap U get the value of your money with the Nokia N95. As per the Iphone lipsrsealed avoid
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2008
@baba oni info

abi o brotherman!

Imagine No 3G support,Radio,GPS. Only 2Megapixel camera and to cap it all up the blutoot only works with headset (like good hold NEC e313) and doesn't have infra red to compensate.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
I hacked it . . .So I have a Symbian Emulator . . . .
All Nokia Apps run on my Apple iPhone
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
See y'all 2mo
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
Sometimes I wish a nokia fone running WindowsMobile (as against symbian) would be released someday.

@ralvy
Unlocked it? well, good for you, but not good enough because of the hardware limitations you still have

night, night!
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
Ralvy:

See y'all 2mo

So soon ? undecided
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2008
e bi like say me sef wan go sleep.

@info
dont forget to lock the door and switch off the TV
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ hob_goblin

YOu no get me. I mean say ralvy dey won run from the fact
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hobgoblin1(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
@info
ooK! sori jare. But i must say, i fancy the toy, sorry accelerometer in the iPhone. cool!

Dont say I told you, butY! mail just notified me in my sleep that infoB just replied my post
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 23, 2008
Hey fellaz, you guys tell me the best app for Nokia N72 and also I got a 3250 almost like an N series but I want to know if it is also classified to be N series too.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2008
Donsimon:

Hey fellaz, you guys tell me the best app for Nokia N72 and also I got a 3250 almost like an N series but I want to know if it is also classified to be N series too.

3250 is 3250 not NSeries, Nseries is on Symbian platform, 3250 is java based. I'm at a loss at what you mean by "best" app.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by luvus: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2008
@all

great talks ol u guys

please can someone just create a table comparing and contrasting btw the Nseries i think that will help everybody i.e de havs and havs not of the Nseries so we can choose whcih to buy,
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2008
@Luvus

www.gsmarena.com

that's like our phone library. go there and get all the information you need on phones.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2008
Dual Core:

3250 is 3250 not NSeries

Who said it is?  lipsrsealed

Dual Core:

3250 is java based.

You need to be punish.

@ Donsimon
3250 is also a Symbian phone. It run the same OS with N73
I will advise you forget N72 and go for 3250.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2008
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2008
hob_goblin:

@ralvy
Unlocked it? well, good for you, but not good enough because of the hardware limitations you still have
night, night!

What Hardware Limitations are u talking about?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by YourFather: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2008
@topic  Nice!

But me something here, in all how many of the many functions of the Nseries as anyone here actually used. I read here about 3G this, 3G that, what facility available via 3G do you guys actually want to use.

The way i see it, the only things that get used are bluetooth and the camera, meaning you need a phone with this facility and one with a large enough memory and good battery life, period.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by YourFather: 10:52am On Jan 23, 2008
@d

The 3250 is not an Nseries, as you must have noticed it does not have N at the begining of it name, but it does come close.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Ralvy(m): 10:55am On Jan 23, 2008
3250 close to N-Series. . . .
Well, Kinda close sha - I saw one yesterday and the Music Player was similar to the one I had on my N91.
It's Kinda Close. . . True wink
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by zaibatsu(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2008
Why do most people believe that the newest fone is the best for EVERYTHING? For those 5700 lovers; the N72 and N70 are both based on the symbian operating system 8.1a with S60 UI. Both these fones are fully backward compatible with almost all nokia applications and themes. Try signing an application like smartmovie for OS9.x and you'll understand better.
To the story short, in fones as in everything else, your choice should be based on what functionality you require from your device.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by zaibatsu(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2008
This reply is for Dual Core. Pls do your homework next time. The 3250 is a Symbian based smartphone running OS9. It's still got the old Screen Res not the OS9 friendly 320*240 however. And for Mr and Mrs "my N95 is better than yours", you guys are so limited you've probably never used a touchscreen smartphone. I've used them all and i can tell you unequivocally that NOTHING BEATS A TOUCHSCREEN SMARTPHONE!!!!
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 11:33am On Jan 23, 2008
zaibatsu:

This reply is for Dual Core. Please do your homework next time. The 3250 is a Symbian based smartphone running OS9. It's still got the old Screen Res not the OS9 friendly 320*240 however. And for Mr and Mrs "my N95 is better than yours", you guys are so limited you've probably never used a touchscreen smartphone. I've used them all and i can tell you unequivocally that NOTHING BEATS A TOUCHSCREEN SMARTPHONE!!!!

Noise
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2008
Ralvy:

3250 close to N-Series

It even beat some N-Series in terms of Features and Performance . EG N72
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by imf(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2008
how much does N.95 go for .Both new and old shocked
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
imf:

how much does N.95 go for .Both new and old shocked

You sure say u go buy am? lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by hansibone(m): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
Well oh well, whats all the hype about the N - Series thing.

Why have a phone that those not have backward compatibility with other versions, im actually pointing fingers at those using the NSeries with the S60v3 category. God the phone has some good functions, but whats with MS Office 2008 not able to open MS Office 97.

To buy a phone, the user has to consider his/her cash at hand and as well the basic function these phones offer, the bigger the name doesnt mean the better the phone.

i use a Nokia N72 (Well pimped) and a Motorola L7x. if i see an N - Series with a new application that i don't have, i just go online and then damn I'm installing the appropriate application version on my phone. the only problem i have is my internal memory, but God my external memory helps in supporting.

so abeg people, buy phone wey your money go buy, no go buy phone wey get big name after u no go fit use am (e.g 3G, una get the network 4 Nija?) embarassed tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MTN: Unlimited Download Doesnt Work Again / China Issues 5G Licenses In Timely Boost For Huawei / How To Do MTN Welcome Back Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.