Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (58409 Views)

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by akraym(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
If others won’t say it, we will. We are tired of wack artistes being embraced as the real deal. Some acts who parade themselves as the next best thing are really people with no talent who are hell bent on being famous and blocking the way for talented people in an already over-saturated industry.

These artistes can have meaningful day jobs. Not everyone can be a singer, rapper or entertainer. These guys we have listed below need to do us a favour and drop the mic and leave music to the folks who have talent.

1) Flowssickk:
Don’t let the pretty boy looks fool you; Flowssickk knows much about music like our first lady knows about the English language. His debut single “Lowkey” was based off a Wizkid line and didn’t pop until the Clarence Peters video came out. His follow-up single “Ringtone” is languishing in nowhere-ville. Flowssickk doesn’t really offer much musically. When his wack bars couldn’t cut it he switched to pop music. With lines such as “she dey use MTN but I give her the Glo” Flowssickk should quit the music scene go back to school and come out with a degree, hopefully.

2) Tunde Ednut:
When this dude came on the scene, he “claimed” to be a comedian who had won several awards in the UK. The funny thing is that Mr. Tunde hasn’t pursued his stand-up comedy trade in Nigeria which has a more lucrative industry. The young man has decided to pursue a career in music. Well the good news is that his songs will crack your ribs. They are funny (and wack) as hell! Clearly we can all see Tunde Ednut is a struggle artiste but yet he remains hell bent on making Nigerians suffer. Don’t be fooled by “Catching Cold” remix, Tunde Ednut cannot crack a joke and crack the music charts. My guy you need a day job, we heard Dangote is hiring with good pay too.

3) Sina Rambo:
OMG! Sina Rambo is the epitome of wackness in rap music. Kids in kindergarten classes have better rhymes. His delivery is poor and wordplay is non-existent. This guy shouldn’t be labeled as a rapper. His level of wackness is yet to be qualified. The only reason why this guy has a record deal is because he is related to the minimally talented Davido. I fear for the worst in that family. Sina go back to school, get a degree and run of the companies in your rich family’s portfolio.

4) B-Red:
It’s hard to believe that two brothers can be on the same level of wackness. It happens every 9,000 years. B-Red and Sina Rambo are the one in every 9,000 years. No need to write much on B-Red. The same applies to him to. He is as wack as his brother.

5) Dencia:
We ain’t even going to front, Dencia is eye candy. The only problem is that her songs make you want to cut your ears. No female artiste blatantly uses sex appeal to further her career like Dencia. There is nothing wrong in this if her songs are good. They are not! Career advice Dencia, the video vixen industry is popping in Nigeria, we feel your talents are required there. Singing is not in your foreseeable future or in any future for that matter. Please leave the mic alone

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by 2makeit(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2012
Well bro UNFORTUNATELY they are ALOT of them out there with no talent but strong financial muscle to push their music.

"I have a dream" an era will come when mediocrity will not be permitted, it is this same mediocre
that has not make our music compete internationally.

Nuff said.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Revolva(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
@poster gbam you said it

Even davido sef should be included and sina rambo and bred should not think they are super stars in naija they should stop prankin around ..nobody send dem - dem papa money na for dem pocket -
I will mention myne -
1- hakeem the dream - I don't know wat dream dis fella have to offer the youth with song like lamba -(money) but the video is wack n full of wanna be models gurls -no money sprayed in the vid.
2-omo akin- nice jam but na jessie jag and other people make dat song blow -guy should go learn music weller
3-danny young - this dude just sing out of nothing local ideas - I dey tire for him song
4-oga naeto C - dis dude keep braggin only rapper wit msc - oya take am go start work for naija or yankee na.. Haha I beg o naeto c na bros oo

9 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
my brova, fanx 4 makin dis known. davido shud av bin 1 of dem
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by youngd2g6: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2012
ALL YOU GUYZ ARE JUST HATERZ ....KEEP BLABAIN THEY ARE THERE MAKING FIRM AND MONEY....GUYZ NA NIAJA NA WE THEY OOO WE PREFER SONGZ THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AND I TITLE IT LYRICAL NONSENSE ....I RAP WAFI CITY

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2012
n d.banj 2,i 4got 2 mention his name

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Wonderdee(m): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
By God's grace Wen i come to the industry, ppl will start listening to the lyrics instead of the beats. Adee say so
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2012
I'm glad you said Tunde Ednut. I can't stand that guy at all. I will admit, "Catching Cold", the original, was funny and catchy. My problem with him is that he takes himself too seriously. I still see him as a comedian as that's what I heard he's known for; funnily enough, I haven't heard or seen any of his jokes. He came out with a wack Christmas tune and then ruined his first hit with a rubbish remix. E don tey wen I unff the guy for twirra.

Davido is another. Till this day, I have never liked "Dami Duro" or anything else he's made. A lot of "noise" is rockin Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Wonderdee(m): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2012
I was watchin the entertainment news on silverbird last week wen i heard all dem guys talk about party songs being what nigerians need now, they said no party songs no progress in d industry. How many of u beliv dat?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by sweetcocoa(f): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Then i guess its a good thing i don't know nor listen to music by the above mentioned supposed musicians.smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Sky B - wonder if he's alive
sef

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by nikkyshyne(f): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Who are all these people? undecided I guess they really need day jobs.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by SlyIg(f): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Leave people 'work chop' alone abeg.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Funny people. I never get wetin dem get I go come dey beef dem. I never think about my own life finish I go come dey help dem think of their own. Yes!. They dnt make rily nice songs cos they r musician bt im focused on being better & best in what I want to make out of my own gift. Free dem.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by mutiply: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
I wuld hav been suprised if shina rambo was nt dere,1st on d list shud be konga
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Esss(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
djmally: Sky B - wonder if he's alive
sef

Free SKY B abeg..

That guy was the definition of fluke.. That his jam 'Ma babe' pronounced 'Man bay bay', was a fluke that would have slipped under the radar until he decided to make a video and put out an album.. Jesus.. His video snapped people out of the foolish trance that Ma babe had put them in..

Anyways, the nigga is no more

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by MissyB3(f): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
Incomplete list w/out Vic O. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Leobreezy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
You forgot 2 mention Maleke'(wat d hell is mini mini wana wana?!), Terry G(bcuz screaming like a deranged cow is nt music), bracket(one-hit wonders), and idris abdul kareem(is he still alive sef?!)

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by DICKtator: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
akraym:

3) Sina Rambo:
OMG! Sina Rambo is the epitome of wackness in rap music. Kids in kindergarten classes have better rhymes. His delivery is poor and wordplay is non-existent. This guy shouldn’t be labeled as a rapper. His level of wackness is yet to be qualified. The only reason why this guy has a record deal is because he is related to the minimally talented Davido. I fear for the worst in that family. Sina go back to school, get a degree and run of the companies in your rich family’s portfolio.
I thought Sina Rambo was dead? Wasn't he the infamous Benin armed robber?
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Dem plenty 4 Naija. Both in music & movie. Na wack wack we dey see almost all the time.
Meanwhile, That name Sina Rambo fit be bad name. Na the name of a notorious armed robber in South/West Nigeria in the early '90s. Why man pikin go carry such a name dey take sing. FMJ!
But I like dat song Lowkey by Flowssick. Wether he copied Wizkid's lyrics or not.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by plentykola(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
akraym: If others won’t say it, we will. We are tired of wack artistes being embraced as the real deal. Some acts who parade themselves as the next best thing are really people with no talent who are hell bent on being famous and blocking the way for talented people in an already over-saturated industry.

These artistes can have meaningful day jobs. Not everyone can be a singer, rapper or entertainer. These guys we have listed below need to do us a favour and drop the mic and leave music to the folks who have talent.

1) Flowssickk:
Don’t let the pretty boy looks fool you; Flowssickk knows much about music like our first lady knows about the English language. His debut single “Lowkey” was based off a Wizkid line and didn’t pop until the Clarence Peters video came out. His follow-up single “Ringtone” is languishing in nowhere-ville. Flowssickk doesn’t really offer much musically. When his wack bars couldn’t cut it he switched to pop music. With lines such as “she dey use MTN but I give her the Glo” Flowssickk should quit the music scene go back to school and come out with a degree, hopefully.

2) Tunde Ednut:
When this dude came on the scene, he “claimed” to be a comedian who had won several awards in the UK. The funny thing is that Mr. Tunde hasn’t pursued his stand-up comedy trade in Nigeria which has a more lucrative industry. The young man has decided to pursue a career in music. Well the good news is that his songs will crack your ribs. They are funny (and wack) as hell! Clearly we can all see Tunde Ednut is a struggle artiste but yet he remains hell bent on making Nigerians suffer. Don’t be fooled by “Catching Cold” remix, Tunde Ednut cannot crack a joke and crack the music charts. My guy you need a day job, we heard Dangote is hiring with good pay too.

3) Sina Rambo:

4) B-Red:
It’s hard to believe that two brothers can be on the same level of wackness. It happens every 9,000 years. B-Red and Sina Rambo are the one in every 9,000 years. No need to write much on B-Red. The same applies to him to. He is as wack as his brother.

5) Dencia:
We ain’t even going to front, Dencia is eye candy. The only problem is that her songs make you want to cut your ears. No female artiste blatantly uses sex appeal to further her career like Dencia. There is nothing wrong in this if her songs are good. They are not! Career advice Dencia, the video vixen industry is popping in Nigeria, we feel your talents are required there. Singing is not in your foreseeable future or in any future for that matter. Please leave the mic alone

Guy y u no go studio go try ur own luck mayb pple go hear ur name if they no leave go carry cane make u take drive them ode buruku

9 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ema dami duro!,emi omo baba olowo! cheesy
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dadicvila(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Revolva: @poster gbam you said it

Even davido sef should be included and sina rambo and bred should not think they are super stars in naija they should stop prankin around ..nobody send dem - dem papa money na for dem pocket -
I will mention myne -
1- hakeem the dream - I don't know wat dream dis fella have to offer the youth with song like lamba -(money) but the video is wack n full of wanna be models gurls -no money sprayed in the vid.
2-omo akin- nice jam but na jessie jag and other people make dat song blow -guy should go learn music weller
3-danny young - this dude just sing out of nothing local ideas - I dey tire for him song
4-oga naeto C - dis dude keep braggin only rapper wit msc - oya take am go start work for naija or yankee na.. Haha I beg o naeto c na bros oo
Naeto C is the defination of a good rapper,atleast by Naija standards so i humbly disagree with you

8 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Basquiat: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
@OP I Believe Dencia Is Hot (Having Listened To Some Of Her Other Songs). She Has A Good Voice. She Only Needs Good Songwriters To Bring Out The Best In Her.
Her Video Performance Is Bangin' Hot. No Nigerian Female Artiste Has The Visual Entertainment Prowess Of Dencia Not Even Tiwa Savage (She's Better In Vocals/Songwriting But Still Camera Shy A Bit). Dencia Is Partly Cameroonian And Based In The U.S. Hence Her Accent Might Be Found Lacking But Her Vocal And Body Asset Is Just Very Okay! cheesy
Also, Nigerian Artistes Should Employ More Usage Of Ghostwriters/Songwriters In Music. Clearly Not All Singers Are Good Songwriters. This Is The Practice In The World Over.
On A Side Note, I Believe If Artistes Like Dencia, Yemi Alade and Rhetta Are Given Good Songs And Quality Video Packaging, They Will Surely Perform Given The Obvious Sex Appeal That Will Blow The Minds Of Many Fans.
Yes, Sex Sells Even In The Nigerian Music Industry.
We Only Need A Better Packaging. #SAMO cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by trigar12(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
plenty kola:
Guy y u no go studio go try ur own luck mayb pple go hear ur name if they no leave go carry cane make u take drive them ode buruku
Big CHICKEN!!! He has no talent so he is not wasting his time. He is just giving an opinion on others guys wasting their time. Mu-m-u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ocheejemb: 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2012
Would have been nice if you attributed this post to the blog you copied and pasted it from. Also blogging isnt a real job either. The original writer should consider that as well

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
Missy_B: Incomplete list w/out Vic O. cheesy

He's not an artist. He's a nuisance lol.

Leobreezy: You forgot 2 mention Maleke'(wat d hell is mini mini wana wana?!), Terry G(bcuz screaming like a deranged cow is nt music), bracket(one-hit wonders), and idris abdul kareem(is he still alive sef?!)

I absolutely disagree.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by komek(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2012
Wonder dee: I was watchin the entertainment news on silverbird last week wen i heard all dem guys talk about party songs being what nigerians need now, they said no party songs no progress in d industry. How many of u beliv dat?
its very true. If u don't have a party jamz now in naija, u r just making fool of ursef.
Abt 70-80% doesn't have anything lyrical wise. From Iyanya to Chuddyke to Azonto crooners to ... Name are all rubbish lyrically.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dadicvila(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2012
youngd2g6: ALL YOU GUYZ ARE JUST HATERZ ....KEEP BLABAIN THEY ARE THERE MAKING FIRM AND MONEY....GUYZ NA NIAJA NA WE THEY OOO WE PREFER SONGZ THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AND I TITLE IT LYRICAL NONSENSE ....I RAP WAFI CITY
shut up your rotten mouth,because nairaland is a faceless forum right??you dont know many people you read their post here are accomplished in their different fields,when reasonable people are sharing their opinions about wack artiste in our musik industry a complete ignoramus like you has the guts to brand us haters,bushpig

14 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
@leobreezy seems like we hv d same tastes in music. Spot on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.