Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (58420 Views)

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by BUSHMAN1: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2012
phemi01:

Thanks 4 keeping it short! Now ur scared of expressing urself. @ least u learnt some words from NL, but it's a pity u learnt d negative ones as the mediocre u are. Ur aunties and sisters won't agree with u that I'm castrated when I'm done with them. E pain u! Sorry.
dont mind the idiot its obvious he can not make any sense
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by badmrkt(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2012
i told a couple of friends yesterday,that NAETO C would be better of mixing concrete @a building site or selling recharge cards in Lagos and i was labelled hater.that dude's a true definition of wack when it comes to rapping.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2012
badmrkt: i told a couple of friends yesterday,that NAETO C would be better of mixing concrete @a building site or selling recharge cards in Lagos and i was labelled hater.that dude's a true definition of wack when it comes to rapping.
shattappp joor!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by basisop(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2012
Chedarking: Most Nigerian 'artistes' should be on that list.
So many of them lack actual talent...

Ice Prince is just a Wack Rapper, I strugle to understand why he is allowed to represent the Choc city brand.

Dr Sid is another wack artiste. And so is D'banj. Yes I said it...D'banj and his Oyato Wackness.

A lot of these guys would never be heard if they didn't bribe Nigerian Radio DJs... undecided

Must you spew nonsense as comment?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Wonderdee(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2012
The first day i heard jim iykes born to do this song, i laffed till peed on my boxers. grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
Jim lyke should stop singing,what he did with 2face,was whack..he thought with the rubbish he did in acting,that he could get away with that in the music industry....vector,the viper,got get a job in another industry,music no be ur way...idris abdulkarim,wakawiki emcee,go learn trading..toni teituila,go learn trading too....more coming soon.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
Wonder dee: By God's grace Wen i come to the industry, ppl will start listening to the lyrics instead of the beats. Adee say so

U don't understand music,that was Y U wrote this shit.By ur arguement,POETS should be d highest selling types of musicians.Music takes more than lyrics ok?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by badmrkt(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2012
i told a couple of friends yesterday,that naeto c'z a true definition of wack when it comes to rapping and i was branded HATER.that nigggga ain't no rapper,he would do better mixing concrete at a building site or selling recharge cards in aba.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
AKON,50CENT,SAUN PAUL..HAD WAK ALBUMS B4 THEY LATA MADE IT... Give these folks a break..... TIME WILL TELL
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ellms: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
Tunde ednut shldnt hv been in dis list........the guy,s kinda cool
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2012
badmrkt: i told a couple of friends yesterday,that naeto c'z a true definition of wack when it comes to rapping and i was branded HATER.that nigggga ain't no rapper,he would do better mixing concrete at a building site or selling recharge cards in aba.
oh yea.. Without rapping,he aint mixin notin... He can buy u,even without music... Dont tink he entered music, he jst luv it... Kip on hating, when he z riding on a 10 ova 10.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by badmrkt(m): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
where's kellyhandsome?heard he's into wheel-barrow pushing in alaba.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2012
These looney dumb azz party songs really reflect how dumber nigerian youths really are.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by NwaAnambra(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
Yall dat post diz rubbish smell lyk shits,these artistes smell ly Money
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
lmao!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ucnduka(f): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
When I saw d name,sina rambo,I felt it wld be d name of a likely apalla musician...to hear that he raps is so damn funny cos if his name is dat wack den I dont need to hear his lines..I fit jst die!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by RiffRaff: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
music is an Art.. Just becuz it doesnt Conform wit d way u feel it Should be Done doesnt make these Artist Bad.
Wat u dont lyk is Bliss 2 oda piple.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Wonderdee(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
naturalwaves:

U don't understand music,that was Y U wrote this shit.By ur arguement,POETS should be d highest selling types of musicians.Music takes more than lyrics ok?
at least a poet makes more sense, tell me how the hell will i relate to a song i only hear sangalo or akpako or rabarabakpishamsham from beginin to end?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Bams95: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
av never heard of Davido.pls who is he?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ikekings(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
Bams95: av never heard of Davido.pls who is he?
He's a dog.... Lol
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
I see a lot of people are misinformed with respect to music based on the comments so far.

There are different genres of music...Country,Afrobeats,Hip hop,Jazz,Soul etc and to a large extent,it is d type of genre that basically determines d lyrical makeup. U can't expect a Soul Artiste to start talking abt party and shaking of bums just as U shouldn't expect a Dance hall to be filled with bores abt life events,stories,folk tales etc.

In Nigeria,d most dominant genre in recent times revolves round hip hop and Afro pop and what is d characteristic(s) of those kind of songs? U shouldn't expect sober,life,moral values such kind of lyrics from that kind of genre of music even d lyrics of American hip hop acts is filled with trash also. I guess,that's d way that particular genre is. So,before U say an Artiste is wack lyrically, U need to first of all know d type of genre he sings and know what such genres entails. The point here is that LYRICS IS NOT ENOUGH CRITERIA TO SAY MAYBE OR NOT A SONG/ ARTISTE IS WACK.

A music or song can basically be divided into 3 parts;
THE RHYTHM , THE BEATS, THE LYRICS.
The most important part of any song is d Rhythm cos it is what determines d flow and progression of a song. The Beats is a compliment of d rhythm and it is d next important to d Rhythm and d lyrics is d body of d message which is d least important (this may shock U though)
Even when a particular lyrics of a song does not pass a particular important message,intelligent Artistes like D'banj breaks d lyrics into rhymes to make d hearing of such songs appealing which thus,improves d rhythm.
Any Artiste that has got good rhythm and beats has already done about 70 % of d job on a song and success is certain. This is Y U hear some songs with vulgar and bad,misdirected lyrics but U still love listening to it/them and wonder Y they are hits.

If d lyrics of a song is d most important thing,we wouldn't av listened to MAKOSSA here in Nigeria in days of d Makossa craze. YANNI CHRISOMALIS hardly sings in his songs,yet he has millions of fans. When ENYA sings,U can hardly hear her and d lyrics.Infact , I download even d lyrics of her English songs most of d time after d song would av caught my appeal initially .She sings in spanish and some other languages at times,yet,she has millions of fans worldwide. Her albums sell at an average of 15 million copies. Shakira's hit track, LA TORTURA was sang in Spanish,yet loved by a lot of Nigerians.

From d above examples,how will U determine d lyrical content or what message it is passing across when U don't even understand d language? Haters are always so quick to castigate the 2 times MTV based Best African Act, Dbanj for his lyrics( cos they understand his language).D question is,what did outside observers see in his music before giving him such awards? Here is d point, WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING MUSIC, THE RYTHM AND THE BEATS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING NOT D LANGUAGE OR THE LYRICS EVEN THOUGH THAT IS IMPORTANT TOO,IT ONLY COVERS A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE.

Some of d upcoming Acts like Wizkid understands these perfectly and that is Y they concentrate on d rhythms and beats and when their lyrics is not solid, they turn it into rhymes to make up for it. That's all! And one cannot but wonder how their songs turn into monster hits.

#Some random extractions of word play#
Fine girl no PIMPLE,I Love your
Smile and I love ur DIMPLE,SIMPLE.......To see ur FACE, I can go to SPACE.......lolz.

CHEERS!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2012
timilehin007:

What class are you first before i know how to reply you? Obviously you acts like one old gay in SS2

Most of the musicians you people are condemning and hating has just been nominated in Channel 0 award, Davido, Wizkid, B'banj, Ice Prince, Flavour, Tiwa Savage and etc, they are there to do us proud yet you are here wasting your precious time beefing their glory, you shall all die by story if you dnt face your warrants.
i wonder who acts lyk d sec skul old gay, u cnt even type correctly, u shud be sent bk 2 d womb
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
Wonder dee: at least a poet makes more sense, tell me how the hell will i relate to a song i only hear sangalo or akpako or rabarabakpishamsham from beginin to end?
Lolz.U got me laughing! That kind of song is meant for just when U want to only shake ur body to d beats.If U want to relax and calm ur head,then U may listen to d likes of Beautiful Nubia,Asa, etc.Ur mood and d time shuld be a criteria for selecting what to listen to.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Tinyemeka(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2012
djmally: Sky B - wonder if he's alive
sef
LOL. "Ma bebe, ma bebe"

But honestly, I don't know any single one of the artiste which the OP cited. The only familiar name I see there is Shina Rambo. I guess he's not the same as the armed robber-turned-pastor right?

I'll say it again, Davido is crap making noise and re-cycling the same line over and over again. His beats should be used by a better singer or rapper.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Tinyemeka(m): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
badmrkt: i told a couple of friends yesterday,that naeto c'z a true definition of wack when it comes to rapping and i was branded HATER.that nigggga ain't no rapper,he would do better mixing concrete at a building site or selling recharge cards in aba.

I used to think that Naeto C was a one hit ("Kini big deal", "You know my P"wink, slightly above-average rapper, till I got his Super C Season album and listened to his flow. He raps intelligently and can even rate better than MI on some tracks, cos he could be fast when he wants to. Its just that that particular album was filled with love songs.

You should listen to some more of Naeto C songs.

As for the "only MC with an MSc" line, I guess that's his unique signature. Afterall, there is only one D'Banj who's sometimes known as Skibanj and nobody complains when he says that at the beginning of almost every track.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Heymus(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
richarts: Funny people. I never get wetin dem get I go come dey beef dem. I never think about my own life finish I go come dey help dem think of their own. Yes!. They dnt make rily nice songs cos they r musician bt im focused on being better & best in what I want to make out of my own gift. Free dem.
Truetalk, enough things to think of.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Vansnickers: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
naturalwaves: I see a lot of people are misinformed with respect to music based on the comments so far.

There are different genres of music...Country,Afrobeats,Hip hop,Jazz,Soul etc and to a large extent,it is d type of genre that basically determines d lyrical makeup. U can't expect a Soul Artiste to start talking abt party and shaking of bums just as U shouldn't expect a Dance hall to be filled with bores abt life events,stories,folk tales etc.

In Nigeria,d most dominant genre in recent times revolves round hip hop and Afro pop and what is d characteristic(s) of those kind of songs? U shouldn't expect sober,life,moral values such kind of lyrics from that kind of genre of music even d lyrics of American hip hop acts is filled with trash also. I guess,that's d way that particular genre is. So,before U say an Artiste is wack lyrically, U need to first of all know d type of genre he sings and know what such genres entails. The point here is that LYRICS IS NOT ENOUGH CRITERIA TO SAY MAYBE OR NOT A SONG/ ARTISTE IS WACK.

A music or song can basically be divided into 3 parts;
THE RHYTHM , THE BEATS, THE LYRICS.
The most important part of any song is d Rhythm cos it is what determines d flow and progression of a song. The Beats is a compliment of d rhythm and it is d next important to d Rhythm and d lyrics is d body of d message which is d least important (this may shock U though)
Even when a particular lyrics of a song does not pass a particular important message,intelligent Artistes like D'banj breaks d lyrics into rhymes to make d hearing of such songs appealing which thus,improves d rhythm.
Any Artiste that has got good rhythm and beats has already done about 70 % of d job on a song and success is certain. This is Y U hear some songs with vulgar and bad,misdirected lyrics but U still love listening to it/them and wonder Y they are hits.

If d lyrics of a song is d most important thing,we wouldn't av listened to MAKOSSA here in Nigeria in days of d Makossa craze. YANNI CHRISOMALIS hardly sings in his songs,yet he has millions of fans. When ENYA sings,U can hardly hear her and d lyrics.Infact , I download even d lyrics of her English songs most of d time after d song would av caught my appeal initially .She sings in spanish and some other languages at times,yet,she has millions of fans worldwide. Her albums sell at an average of 15 million copies. Shakira's hit track, LA TORTURA was sang in Spanish,yet loved by a lot of Nigerians.

From d above examples,how will U determine d lyrical content or what message it is passing across when U don't even understand d language? Haters are always so quick to castigate the 2 times MTV based Best African Act, Dbanj for his lyrics( cos they understand his language).D question is,what did outside observers see in his music before giving him such awards? Here is d point, WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING MUSIC, THE RYTHM AND THE BEATS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING NOT D LANGUAGE OR THE LYRICS EVEN THOUGH THAT IS IMPORTANT TOO,IT ONLY COVERS A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE.

Some of d upcoming Acts like Wizkid understands these perfectly and that is Y they concentrate on d rhythms and beats and when their lyrics is not solid, they turn it into rhymes to make up for it. That's all! And one cannot but wonder how their songs turn into monster hits.

#Some random extractions of word play#
Fine girl no PIMPLE,I Love your
Smile and I love ur DIMPLE,SIMPLE.......To see ur FACE, I can go to SPACE.......lolz.

CHEERS!!!

A+
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Van snickers:

A+

Thank U sir.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ngnetbiz: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
Infact,to me,all nigeria artiste should ,lolz...m having fun wit ma ras kass,currensy,2chainz,sheek louch,khalifa,trae tha truth,big krit,mac miller,kirko bangz,jcolme,three six mafia,bone thugs,juvenile,bun b,chevy woods,pretty ricky,french montana,i-20,styles Þ,drag-on.......... 'sushi'definition of a real rar rap spitters. Listen to rap lyrics and get motivated,don't think all rappers talks nonsense
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Trojan00(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
dopeJemi: n d.banj 2,i 4got 2 mention his. name
. U be fool. D banj shud quit music for what na. He has more money than u nd ur father put together . Pls understand to topic before commenting
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
Trojan00: . U be fool. D banj shud quit music for what na. He has more money than u nd ur father put together . Pls understand to topic before commenting
na u be fool,na u no undastand the topic,what brought the issue of comparing d'banj's wealth with his father..

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2012
Trojan00: . U be fool. D banj shud quit music for what na. He has more money than u nd ur father put together . Pls understand to topic before commenting
we r tawkin of talent, u r talkin of wealth, among me n u, who shud undastand d topic nw, sum pipo no just get brain atall embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.