Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (58419 Views)

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
Yomieluv: na u be fool,na u no undastand the topic,what brought the issue of comparing d'banj's wealth with his father..
abeg mah broda, help me tell am
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2012
Trojan00: . U be fool. D banj shud quit music for what na. He has more money than u nd ur father put together . Pls understand to topic before commenting
lemme even cum down 2 ur reasoning, cuz he has moni he shouldnt quit music, no b wen u don get 2 much moni na u fit quit music? na wa 4 u sef, u r just contradictin urself
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by MrEverest(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2012
ssa junior: I tink u guyz shuld get d reality music is entertainment hw eva dose guyz do n d people love it dat gud 4 dem, i wil advice al d poster in dis trend 2 go get a job rada dan critisizin pep who ve a job already, or beta stil com u wit gud music n gut dis guyz out of market if nt shot uppppppp
OMG this dude must be a prof in English, damn it, this is undiluted OGBUNIGWE!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by ikekings(m): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr Everest: OMG this dude must be a prof in English, damn it, this is undiluted OGBUNIGWE!
Lol....conc. OGBUNIGWE!!!!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Tinyemeka(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
ssa junior: U said dbang is singin rubish? Grow up broda, rubish gave him somany aword, made him rich,feature a legend like snopdog, run tins wit kanye west, own his own record label, know all ova africa n beyond ve bein were every top celeb ve bein, stop bein baised, broda go n luk i d meanin of ontology it a greek word.

Jokes apart, quit writing this way. It may adversely affect you later in life.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by mruknaijaboy(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2012
ngnetbiz: Infact,to me,all nigeria artiste should ,lolz...m having fun wit ma ras kass,currensy,2chainz,sheek louch,khalifa,trae tha truth,big krit,mac miller,kirko bangz,jcolme,three six mafia,bone thugs,juvenile,bun b,chevy woods,pretty ricky,french montana,i-20,styles Þ,drag-on.......... 'sushi'definition of a real rar rap spitters. Listen to rap lyrics and get motivated,don't think all rappers talks nonsense

fam you got an inferiority complex, how can you like artists out of the country more than artists in your country?, thats how nigerians and africans always think its cool to try and be american, see M.I and Ice Prince who went to school for 4 or 5 years and then they come back with a full american accent lol,

my brother in law lived in US for 14 year and still has his UK accent intact so i dont know how these guys spend half a decade in america and talk and act american lol only in africa!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
naturalwaves: I see a lot of people are misinformed with respect to music based on the comments so far.

There are different genres of music...Country,Afrobeats,Hip hop,Jazz,Soul etc and to a large extent,it is d type of genre that basically determines d lyrical makeup. U can't expect a Soul Artiste to start talking abt party and shaking of bums just as U shouldn't expect a Dance hall to be filled with bores abt life events,stories,folk tales etc.

In Nigeria,d most dominant genre in recent times revolves round hip hop and Afro pop and what is d characteristic(s) of those kind of songs? U shouldn't expect sober,life,moral values such kind of lyrics from that kind of genre of music even d lyrics of American hip hop acts is filled with trash also. I guess,that's d way that particular genre is. So,before U say an Artiste is wack lyrically, U need to first of all know d type of genre he sings and know what such genres entails. The point here is that LYRICS IS NOT ENOUGH CRITERIA TO SAY MAYBE OR NOT A SONG/ ARTISTE IS WACK.

A music or song can basically be divided into 3 parts;
THE RHYTHM , THE BEATS, THE LYRICS.
The most important part of any song is d Rhythm cos it is what determines d flow and progression of a song. The Beats is a compliment of d rhythm and it is d next important to d Rhythm and d lyrics is d body of d message which is d least important (this may shock U though)
Even when a particular lyrics of a song does not pass a particular important message,intelligent Artistes like D'banj breaks d lyrics into rhymes to make d hearing of such songs appealing which thus,improves d rhythm.
Any Artiste that has got good rhythm and beats has already done about 70 % of d job on a song and success is certain. This is Y U hear some songs with vulgar and bad,misdirected lyrics but U still love listening to it/them and wonder Y they are hits.

If d lyrics of a song is d most important thing,we wouldn't av listened to MAKOSSA here in Nigeria in days of d Makossa craze. YANNI CHRISOMALIS hardly sings in his songs,yet he has millions of fans. When ENYA sings,U can hardly hear her and d lyrics.Infact , I download even d lyrics of her English songs most of d time after d song would av caught my appeal initially .She sings in spanish and some other languages at times,yet,she has millions of fans worldwide. Her albums sell at an average of 15 million copies. Shakira's hit track, LA TORTURA was sang in Spanish,yet loved by a lot of Nigerians.

From d above examples,how will U determine d lyrical content or what message it is passing across when U don't even understand d language? Haters are always so quick to castigate the 2 times MTV based Best African Act, Dbanj for his lyrics( cos they understand his language).D question is,what did outside observers see in his music before giving him such awards? Here is d point, WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING MUSIC, THE RYTHM AND THE BEATS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING NOT D LANGUAGE OR THE LYRICS EVEN THOUGH THAT IS IMPORTANT TOO,IT ONLY COVERS A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE.

Some of d upcoming Acts like Wizkid understands these perfectly and that is Y they concentrate on d rhythms and beats and when their lyrics is not solid, they turn it into rhymes to make up for it. That's all! And one cannot but wonder how their songs turn into monster hits.
maybe our turn in music is to pay more attention to the lyrics that reflect the real nature things. Its difficult to achieve that because they are in for the money, so when their songs are played over and over, you have no choice. Music is limitless, many of our artistes have limited mindsets the all too familiar themes with exception of 2face to a degree.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by MsNas(f): 1:11am On Sep 03, 2012
Some people just hide under the cloak of anonymity to spew out nonsense! Although I agree with some of the poster's choice about some wack artistes, but some people's contribution leave a lot to the imagination. I mean don't some people think before they post? Somebody actually reffered to CHIDINMA as one of the wack artistes, OMG! What do you want her to sing or sound like? Like Seal or Louis Armstrong? Would you buy her recordings then? At the risk of her sounding like an alien and you would in turn berate her for not being original! Some people are so fascinated by the American dream (Big chains, fast cars and furs) that they forget this is Africa and this is Nigeria. Why can't we have our own signature sounds, afterall Fela is synonimous with Afrobeat. Don't get me wrong; some Nigerian artistes are actually verrrrry awful. That vic-o guy is an eyesore really. Some mentioned Neato C, really? Let's see if u don't have his songs on your phone or whatever. That you hate or dislike someone doesn't mean what they do is crap. Leave them be, or come out with your own effort and let people judge!!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by nannyo(f): 5:02am On Sep 03, 2012
[qu :oote author=ogugua88]I'm glad you said Tunde Ednut. I can't stand that guy at all. I will admit, "Catching Cold", the original, was funny and catchy. My problem with him is that he takes himself too seriously. I still see him as a comedian as that's what I heard he's known for; funnily enough, I haven't heard or seen any of his jokes. He came out with a wack Christmas tune and then ruined his first hit with a rubbish remix. E don tey wen I unff the guy for twirra.

Davido is another. Till this day, I have never liked "Dami Duro" or anything else he's made. A lot of "noise" is rockin Lagos.[/quote][/sub] conspiracy[sub]conspiracy
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by petnkool: 5:53am On Sep 03, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPP3tQpp6vA

please , for God sake , someone should listen to this guy called VIC O , and laugh with me .. please . I BEG , I can't laugh alone.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by petnkool: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2012
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2012
petnkool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYzS_2vihw0&feature=fvwrel

pleasssee more laugh oooooo
OMG shocked dis guy z usin juju 2 get fans i swear, lwkmd! even d presenter dy use style laff am, wetin we no go c 4 dis life, i must folo dat guy 4 twitter mah laff belle loose
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by buJu234: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2012
GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS
MEDIOCRE DISCUSS PEOPLE

@ OP; i think u should spend ur precious time thinking on how u will improve ur life not bashing people that re doing their own thing
whether they re flop or success... ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by humblebee: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2012
OBIWON should be no 1 on that list
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by naturalwaves: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2012
diluminati:
maybe our turn in music is to pay more attention to the lyrics that reflect the real nature things. Its difficult to achieve that because they are in for the money, so when their songs are played over and over, you have no choice. Music is limitless, many of our artistes have limited mindsets the all too familiar themes with exception of 2face to a degree.

Yeah,I understand ur point of view but that is why we av difft genres of music.If U want a song that relects d real nature of things,it will be difficult to get that from Hippop,Afropop and d likes.Try other genres like Country,Soul,maybe pop and RnB and d likes.The question is,ow many Nigerian artistes sing those type of genres? Very very few.
Nigerian radio Djs need a re orientation also.They play songs at d wrong time.Difft genres should be meant for difft days and difft times.E.g the fast paced shake ur bums party songs should be more suited for friday nights.U shouldn't be surprised if u tune in ur radio now and hear one of such.A very good example of a song that depicts ur argument is that 'CHOP BANANA' song by D'Prince.It was given a forceful marketing such that u may get to hear it like 5 times in one hour wen u tune from station to station.Due to constant repetition,we ended up liking it.
THE BEST THING ONE CAN DO IS TO AV A PERSONAL SET OF ARTISTES ONE LISTENS TO DEPENDING ON ONE'S STATE OF MIND AND NOT RELY ON RADIO DJS AND TV STATIONS TO DICTATE D PACE.I start my own day with NEWAGE MUSIC and end it with JAZZ.

The real definition of a wack Artiste is one who is not singing his genre well with respect to Rhythm,Beats and Lyrics
Good Rhythm + Good Beats + Lyrics= EXCELLENT
Good Lyrics - Rhythm- Beats = Wack song/Ariste
Good Rythm + Gd Beats - Lyrics = Above Averg.
Good beats-Rhythm-Lyrics = Wack song/Artise
Good beats + Lyrics-Rythm= Averagely ok.
Good Rythm + Lyrics - Good beats = Average.

Infact,I have seen countless hit songs with scanty lyrics.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by crackhouse(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2012
The two talented musicians i admire in Nigeria are tuface and niggar raw.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2012
mruknaijaboy:

fam you got an inferiority complex, how can you like artists out of the country more than artists in your country?, thats how nigerians and africans always think its cool to try and be american, see M.I and Ice Prince who went to school for 4 or 5 years and then they come back with a full american accent lol,

my brother in law lived in US for 14 year and still has his UK accent intact so i dont know how these guys spend half a decade in america and talk and act american lol only in africa!
Bro i think its called "preference" and not inferiority complex. The guy has the right to like whatever.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Trojan00(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=dopeJemi]we r tawkin of talent, u r talkin of wealth, among me n u, who shud undastand d topic nw, sum pipo no just get brain atall embarassed[/quote ]. This topic is about those who need to QUIT music based on either TALENT OR SUCCESS, dbanj is TALENTED maybe not as talented as u want him to be put talented nonetheless nd he is HIGHLY successful now tell me why he has to quit. FOOL
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Trojan00(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
dopeJemi: lemme even cum down 2 ur reasoning, cuz he has moni he shouldnt quit music, no b wen u don get 2 much moni na u fit quit music? na wa 4 u sef, u r just contradictin urself
. Dude wif all of jayZ money why him no quit music. Get some sense abeg nd argue reasonably
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by blackbeau1(f): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
Goldie,bracket,all nigerian actors n actresses singing,timaya(we r tired of hearing his autobiography and abt his enemies,terry g(wats with the whole gibberish ,one track tunes and free me.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by blackbeau1(f): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
Oh I forgot to add ksb,k-switch and d-prince
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
Trojan00: . Dude wif all of jayZ money why him no quit music. Get some sense abeg nd argue reasonably
shut up n uderstand properly b4 u type ok? i dnt fink u understand wah we arguin abt, u dnt just jump into conclusion, aite?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Trojan00: . Dude wif all of jayZ money why him no quit music. Get some sense abeg nd argue reasonably
shut up n uderstand properly b4 u type ok? i dnt fink u understand wah we arguin abt, u dnt just jump into conclusion, aite? its wen u r talented n u av d moni 2 dat u can kip on doin ur thang, wen u r a wacky chan n u av d moni 2, its advisable 2 quit
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
Adanyebe: here is more of the list
1. Shina Rambo 14. Jaywon
2. B-Red 15. Seriki
3. K solo 16. Ghetto P
4. Assorted 17. Wacomzy
5. D Prince 19. Mc Collins
6. Terry G 20. Muna
7. KC Presh 21. Mallam Spicey
8. Jukeline 22. Side One
9. Konga 23. Rayce
10. Omo Akin 24. W4
11. Ikechukwu 25. Eldee
12. Rock Steady 26. Maleki
13. Skales 27. Basket mouth
28. Niko Gravity
29. Nigga raw
3o. X-project
and the list goes on and on

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Trojan00(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
dopeJemi: shut up n uderstand properly b4 u type ok? i dnt fink u understand wah we arguin abt, u dnt just jump into conclusion, aite? its wen u r talented n u av d moni 2 dat u can kip on doin ur thang, wen u r a wacky chan n u av d moni 2, its advisable 2 quit
. Nd who says D'banj doesn't ve talent. Maybe not as talented as 2face bur talented nonetheless. U brought d issue of 'd money he has is enough to make him retire' nd I used ur STUPID logic to prove u wrong by stating d example of jay-Z . Hw can u be puttin dbanj in d same category wif shina rambo; cos dats wat u re implying
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Dahbutter(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
Oh this is such a refreshing thread! I was actually beginning to think I was abnormal with all those talentless computer-editted-voice artistes jumping about in Naija and especially their queen Kenny saint Ogunbe! I doubt if she listens to how devoid of any real talent her music is. SMH
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Trojan00: . Nd who says D'banj doesn't ve talent. Maybe not as talented as 2face bur talented nonetheless. U brought d issue of 'd money he has is enough to make him retire' nd I used ur STUPID logic to prove u wrong by stating d example of jay-Z . Hw can u be puttin dbanj in d same category wif shina rambo; cos dats wat u re implying
mah broda, i'm sure u knw wah real talent is, if we wan tawk abt real talent, wizkid no join sef, 4get d category he z being put in, weda e dy 4 daddy shokey category, e no mata, mah guy lets be realistic, wetin d.banj dy sing? can d.banj be a jugde in nigerian idol or naija sings? NO, d.banj z nt a gud singer, hez gat no vocals na compared 2 2face,praiz,bez,iyanya,jeremih,morell,wande coal,chuddy k,orezi etc
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
dopeJemi: mah broda, i'm sure u knw wah real talent is, if we wan tawk abt real talent, wizkid no join sef, 4get d category he z being put in, weda e dy 4 daddy shokey category, e no mata, mah guy lets be realistic, wetin d.banj dy sing? can d.banj be a jugde in nigerian idol or naija sings? NO, d.banj z nt a gud singer, hez gat no vocals na compared 2 2face,praiz,bez,iyanya,jeremih,morell,wande coal,chuddy k,orezi etc
imagin d.banj b4 bein famous goes 2 audition in a musical show lyk mtn project fame, do u fink he will qualify, wat will he sing, d guy z just an entertainer buh wen it comes 2 singin gud songs, nah, d.banj z nt among 4 me
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by DamilBlog: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
Seriously, you did a good job conjuring those names and analysing them [if you truly did it originally] but you are in no position to condemn anybody's work whatsoever. Forget about their money and hype, they put a lot of efforts into those songs - good or bad.

We are so quick to condemn but if i may ask you, what have you done? at least we can call their names but what's yours? who knows you? what's your contribution either good or bad?

We believe in the tailored idea of just going to school and becoming "systematic fools" [I'm not against education o, I hold Pali [1st degree] from a reputable University in Nigeria and Africa's most beautiful campus...no brag!]
D'Banj started worst than those guys [with JJC then the Tongolo Album].

Dami duro is a mad jam of life [ask NEA Awards].
My ponit is, let wheat and tare both grow...

I am damilblog on facebook or twitter
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by DamilBlog: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
BelaMorena:

Did you just say eLDee? you wrong die!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by mrShaRwaMa: 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ guys should fucking leave dis dudes alone, they are making their money, why don't U̶̲̥̅̊ go make yours!
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by kaykaodili: 2:51am On Sep 04, 2012
Missy_B: Incomplete list w/out Vic O. cheesy
lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.