Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha (26857 Views)

Police Arrests 15 Kidnappers In Kaduna / NNPC Staff Shoots Boy Dead For ‘chasing’ Daughter / Faces Of Arrested Kidnappers In Ile Ife Osun State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by footreja: 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
Son Dies Chasing Father’s Alleged Kidnappers In Onitsha

AWKA—A YOUNG man in his early twenties, Mr. Junior Egbunike, was, yesterday, confirmed dead following injuries sustained while pursuing his father’s kidnappers at the commercial town of Onitsha.

Mr. Amulunanma Egbunike was returning home with his wife and son simply known as Junior after the day’s business at the weekend in Onitsha and as they got very close to their house at the Onitsha Inland Town, hoodlums suspected to be kidnappers blocked his car and dragged him into their own car and drove off.

His son, who was driving his father’s car, pursued them with his mother also in the car. But barely 400 meters away, the car got involved in a head on collision with another car and both mother and son sustained serious injuries.

Junior, who had been in coma since the incident, gave up the ghost yesterday at a hospital in Onitsha, while his mother had been discharged from hospital.

With the death of Junior, the Egbunike family has lost the only child left, having lost the family’s only daughter some years ago.

Meantime, the kidnapped Egbunike is yet to regain his freedom.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/son-dies-pursuing-fathers-alleged-kidnappers/

Trying to save his dad's life and in the course lost his. So sad. angry

---
Nwabialuwa: I am only writing you because I am not sure how to comment on the thread.

The article is wrong. Junior Egbunike was not driving the car, he was merely a passenger. He was only 17 years old. Thank you all for your prayers. Amulunamma is safely home. Please continue to pray for the family. It is still a very difficult time.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by sheyguy: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Even after the man lost his son they refused to release him. God dey oh . . .

2 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Chanchit: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Oma se o... RIP, my Igbo brothers, we need to fast o, this is getting too much, since last week, SE don take over news frm the north...#sighs#

5 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by zibe(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
cry
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by rodeo0070(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Quite unfortunate...
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Englishteacher: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sad! cry
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Jibwillz: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Another lost soul
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by slimdiggi: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chei sad
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by gegee(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chanchit: Oma se o... RIP, my Igbo brothers, we need to fast o, this is getting too much, since last week, SE don take over news frm the north...#sighs#

evil knows no boundaries
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by osajojo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sads me
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
Very sad!
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by deshclones(m): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
footreja: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Alleged Kidnappers In Onitsha

AWKA—A YOUNG man in his early twenties, Mr. Junior Egbunike, was, yesterday, confirmed dead following injuries sustained while pursuing his father’s kidnappers at the commercial town of Onitsha.

Mr. Amulunanma Egbunike was returning home with his wife and son simply known as Junior after the day’s business at the weekend in Onitsha and as they got very close to their house at the Onitsha Inland Town, hoodlums suspected to be kidnappers blocked his car and dragged him into their own car and drove off.

His son, who was driving his father’s car, pursued them with his mother also in the car. But barely 400 meters away, the car got involved in a head on collision with another car and both mother and son sustained serious injuries.

Junior, who had been in coma since the incident, gave up the ghost yesterday at a hospital in Onitsha, while his mother had been discharged from hospital.

With the death of Junior, the Egbunike family has lost the only child left, having lost the family’s only daughter some years ago.

Meantime, the kidnapped Egbunike is yet to regain his freedom.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/son-dies-pursuing-fathers-alleged-kidnappers/

angry

Nawaoh..........which kind news be this??..
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by ZUBY77(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Anambra State. I am ashamed of you people. I am from Enugu and the only kidnapping case i know of in Enugu was committed by Two Anambra people and one man from delta state. When other tribes talk about the kidnapping cases, you attack them. Why ?
Why do you folks believe that money is everything? Who instilled this senseless and dangerous ideology in your core culture?
Just because of Range sport and Escalade, you kidnap and kill your fellow human being.

What is the problem? Niger delta militants started kidnapping foreigners for a reason. What is your own reason? Money is my best guess. Money right?
Anambra state, you boast of Azikiwe, Ekwueme, Ifeanyi Ubah, capital oil. You boast of Ikemba, Author Eze, Osita Osadebe, Oliver de Coque, Mikel Obi, Achebe, Ibeto, Chike Obi,Emeka Ofor, Andy Uba, Soludo, You are the highest producer of bread - Agulu town, etc etc. Which other state in Nigeria can boast of more powerful individuals ? My guess is none.
In Enugu, a neighbouring state, tell me two powerful individuals you know.. Yet your people flooded the Enugu city to hide and rest after commiting crimes all over the place.
You even kidnap your Igwes, traditional rulers, you kidnap Rev. Fathers, You kidnap school Children, you kidnapped Soludo's father, you kidnapped and killed God is good motors, you kidnapped and killed Obilinks, all these people are your brothers. You kidnapped my elder Brother Albert, who lives in Onitsha and i have not seen him since then. My mom has been praying against you folks and sooner or later, curses will be upon you. Flood will carry your houses, erosion will damage your lands.

Was it because of the civil war? Then why not start kidnapping The Alhajis. Atleast send a message to them that you are not happy about what happened.
Was it Awolowo, grow up and move on or start kidnapping the Kabyesis, send them a message . Why kidnap your fellow Igbo business men who are struggling to establish themselves since the war ended ?
The truth is that you are cursed. You manipulate business in Onitsha, Nnewi and even Lagos, you see even the other Igbo traders as inferiors. While Enugu and Imo is fast developing in infrastructure and Agriculture, you develop in criminology. You forge results, cheat on exams, abuse Abakiliki and wawa people, abuse other tribes, yorubas and hausas and kidnap your own brothers and sisters. Your time is up because, the campaign to correct all this will kick off soon.

43 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Ignatio(m): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
Judgement day will be hot.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by kennismoles(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
did junior eva thought dat after he caught up wit d kidnappers, what next? Pls dont b a hero. See d man's probably still alive and may b released after some ransom. Pls money is not worth dying 4

4 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by MMM2(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Is a pity
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by SisiKill1: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
@ Topic
I hope the father makes it home safely, can you imagine what the poor wife is going through right now. . .son is dead, husband's fate hanging in the air.

Truly sad!!

2 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by INFO70: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Can we say the son ws brave or a fool? To me,he was a fool. He pursued the criminals without any weapon. Went in high speed, I guess,in pursue of the bad boys with his mum in the car. May his soul rest peace.

3 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by SisiKill1: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
kennismoles: did junior eva thought dat after he caught up wit d kidnappers, what next? Pls dont b a hero. See d man's probably still alive and may b released after some ransom. Pls money is not worth dying 4

It's not about playing hero. . .it was instinct!!

How does one sit there watching evil people take their father away?

Nah, it's impossible.

4 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by SisiKill1: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
It is easy to say what you would or wouldn't have done now but let the moment come (God forbid) and y'all will be singing a different tune.

1 Like

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Ninapha(f): 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
What a news. If Mr. Amulunanma regains his freedom, he wd now face childlessness by d act of wicked men. So sad more sad considering the name, the beautiful name of this man. AMULUNANMA- BORN-INTO-GOODNESS.
GOD, U ARE WATCHING.

2 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by cheddarking(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
I respect the son for his bravery.

I would have done the same. My family is paramount to me and I would die many times over for them.

RIP.

3 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
The kidnappers are already cursed .

1 Like

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
The dude must have been watching a lot of american movies! How on earth could he have chased them when he knew quite alright that they might release him after paying ransome? Now he has lost his life in the process.SMH.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by MrGlobe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
RIP to the deceased. so sad
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by cheddarking(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
berem: The dude must have been watching a lot of american movies! How on earth could he have chased them when he knew quite alright that they might release him after paying ransome? Now he has lost his life in the process.SMH.

The above post...

...Is the Thought Process of a Coward..

...And a Slave...

A person prepared to allow kidnappers take her OWN FATHER without a fight.

Your old man would be proud of you.

7 Likes

Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Ninapha(f): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
INFO70: Can we say the son ws brave or a fool? To me,he was a fool. He pursued the criminals without any weapon. Went in high speed, I guess,in pursue of the bad boys with his mum in the car. May his soul rest peace.
Re: Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha by Gonzaga1010(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hmmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uche Igwe Re-Arraigned For ‘Sharing’ Chrisland’s Julie Anke’s Video / Arms And Ammunitions To Be Destroyed By Army In Katsina (Photos) / Lady Claimed She Was Hypnotized After Going Missing For Days In Delta. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.