Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? (37512 Views)

Wife Remarries In Husband’s Home Takes Children, Property Away / Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2012
An incident let me to open this topic. I have been observing this friend of mine for quite a while now, HEY is not like I am digging my nose into her business or anything grin grin grin but we are quite close and I am mostly at her house. And the way she welcomes her hubby home from work just doesn't sit well with me. maybe am a bit old fashioned but seriously she doesn't kiss, hug, or smile at him at all. She just sits there and go like "hi" She don't even ask how was work nor offer him anything to eat or a cold drink atleast.

Now don't get it twisted, these two people are quite in love, and both of them seems to have no problem with this at all seems like thats their own way of operating. As for me, even if he gets home before me, I still go out of my way to greet, kiss, hug and warmly let him know just how much I was missing him. Anyways enough abt me, how do you welcome your man home after work?
Maybe my friend is not weird after all. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Seun(m): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2012
Do you always get home before your husband, or are you a full-time housewife? How does he greet you when he gets home first?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2012
Seun: Do you always get home before your husband, or are you a full-time housewife? How does he greet you when he gets home first?

Naa am not a house-wife. Sometimes he gets home before me, He hug and kiss me. Sometimes a kiss on the cheek. He welcomes me just as warmly.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by ayobase(m): 7:38am On Aug 29, 2012
Seun the questionaire....how do ur wife welcome u when back from work (it could be from ur operating room within ur apartment or .....)
Lets know pls!
And dont ask me cos Im yet to marry....not even a gf!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by ayobase(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2012
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by ifyalways(f): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2012
When do you have time to hug, kiss and grab "your" husband when you are obviously in your friends house observing them style

Hope you won't go kiss, hug or grab your friends hubby as you "think" she aint doing it right ?

Could it be your "constant" presence that is stopping this couple from getting their groove on? Maybe you should just spend more time at your "own" home.

Goodmorning ! Nigeria.

75 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by blank(f): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2012
Welcome home. undecided

I don't need to ask about his day or vice versa cos we would have talked about it already.
Then we both spend time and play with our kid and plan the next day's activity while i make supper.

No big deal there jor.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by tjskii(f): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2012
I go wait for him at d door,cos I'm excited hez home,give him a hug and a kiss,ave a big smile on my face(no matter ow icky my day has bin,I'll complain bout it later)take his jacket and briefcase in,ask him how his day was,dump the squealing wriggling kid in his lap and go get him his dinner cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2012
ifyalways: When do you have time to hug, kiss and grab "your" husband when you are obviously in your friends house observing them style

Hope you won't go kiss, hug or grab your friends hubby as you "think" she aint doing it right ?

Could it be your "constant" presence that is stopping this couple from getting their groove on? Maybe you should just spend more time at your "own" home.

Goodmorning ! Nigeria.

LMFAO!!!! I don't sleep or spend all day there. I visit her sometimes and she visit me sometimes too. Vice versa.

I was expecting this anyway LMAO. How peeps twist things.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2012
tjskii: I go wait for him at d door,cos I'm excited hez home,give him a hug and a kiss,take his jacket and briefcase in,ask him how his day was,dump the squealing wriggling kid in his lap and go get him his dinner cheesy

WOW!!! Keep it up!
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by HotieTima(f): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2012
wink wink wink we will start making love at the door step!!

and take the rest to the bed room
and then feed him with junk food!! kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 29, 2012
Hotie Tima: wink wink wink we will start making love at the door step!!

and take the rest to the bed room
and then feed him with junk food!! kiss kiss

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2012
grin grin grin what kind of thread is this ?! grin grin grin grin grin . . . grin grin

I'll suggest you edit the topic to : "How do you welcome your boyfriend home" cos many here aint married, they are comfortable grin with BFs/GFs. . . including the second poster grin I mean the first comment . .grin
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2012
This is in family section, we have load of married people in here. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Acidosis(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2012
yes on the internet, we are all married

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2012
I don't think marriage is anything to boost of. To some people, marriage is calling hell upon yourself. Who would lied being married?

Yea there are a lot of faceless people on here that lied they are drop dead beautiful, but seriously marriage? common son. undecided undecided

Anyways let stick to the topic, if you can't contribute to the topic, you don't have to post.

Back to topic.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Acidosis(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2012
rokiatu: but seriously marriage? common son. undecided undecided

Hmm. . .I'll take that as a joke.
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2012
Joke niii that is a slang, you seriously think I wanna be that old? Pleaseeeeeeee!! LOL

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2012
ifyalways: When do you have time to hug, kiss and grab "your" husband when you are obviously in your friends house observing them style

Goodmorning ! Nigeria.

Lol. Nne, it is not a small somtin oh. Rokiatu is a certified gbegborun that enjoys playing the gooseberry. . .who would have thought!

@ Topic

E be like say na 'new-couple-na-our-marriage-go-sweet-pass syndrome' dey shack some of una. For just how long can a normal couple keep up with these hugs and kisses and yummie-yummie love-wan-tin-tin gimmicks as a matter of routine? I reckon it would all feel fake, perfunctory and downright annoying after a couple of years when the drudgery of marriage inevitably sets in.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by safeLove(f): 10:06am On Aug 29, 2012
His office is about 20mins drive from our home so he gets hope pretty early,say 6.30 latest.
I (always) go downstairs,hide behind the door so as to startle him when he goes in..but we are so used to that routine that each time he's opening the door,he says "I know you are behind that door".
Its really always fun to have him back home cos,we gist from the stair case into the room..

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by safeLove(f): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2012
E be like say na 'new-couple-na-our-marriage-go-sweet-pass syndrome' dey shack some of una. For just how long can a normal couple keep up with these hugs and kisses and yummie-yummie love-wan-tin-tin gimmicks as a matter of routine? I reckon it would all feel fake, perfunctory and downright annoying after a couple of years when the drudgery of marriage inevitably sets in.[/quote]

Ah ah,we have to enjoy it while it lasts naw.. Every 40yrs old marriage also went thru the first couple of years too na.. At least until God finishes moulding my babies,I'll pet him na..
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by maclatunji: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2012
tjskii: I go wait for him at d door,cos I'm excited hez home,give him a hug and a kiss,ave a big smile on my face(no matter ow icky my day has bin,I'll complain bout it later)take his jacket and briefcase in,ask him how his day was,dump the squealing wriggling kid in his lap and go get him his dinner cheesy

You really do all of that?
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by JallowBah(f): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2012
When I was home with the baby, and he worked, I would fix the food to be almost ready around the time he came home. I would say Hi, honey and smile, and send the baby for him first, fix water, and give him a kiss.
After I started working, he did almost the same for mesmiley

Always a smile, or a kiss as you enter the door. "Are you hungry?", and if yes, fixing the food. But, it took some time for me to learn. In my culture, its more than enough to say hi, give a kiss, and thats it. If anyone are guests, and they say yes to water, you tell them "its in the kitchen, the glasses are over the sink." ( As in: make yourself at home. Thats actually the best welcome you CAN get here.. ) YOu should have seen the face of my husband when my mother told him that..lol.
But, I understand it now. Its more nice beint catered a little bit.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by maclatunji: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2012
JallowBah: When I was home with the baby, and he worked, I would fix the food to be almost ready around the time he came home. I would say Hi, honey and smile, and send the baby for him first, fix water, and give him a kiss.
After I started working, he did almost the same for mesmiley

Always a smile, or a kiss as you enter the door. "Are you hungry?", and if yes, fixing the food. But, it took some time for me to learn. In my culture, its more than enough to say hi, give a kiss, and thats it. If anyone are guests, and they say yes to water, you tell them "its in the kitchen, the glasses are over the sink." ( As in: make yourself at home. Thats actually the best welcome you CAN get here.. ) YOu should have seen the face of my husband when my mother told him that..lol.
But, I understand it now. Its more nice beint catered a little bit.

She's learning. #Cool
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by JallowBah(f): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2012
maclatunji:

She's learning. #Cool

And so is hewink He now have full respect that I dont cater the norwegian friends that come to our house, as long as I do it for the african friends. Siply because he knows the norwegians dont care. They feel wlcome when they can go and get it themself, as if they were home.
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by maclatunji: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2012
JallowBah:

And so is hewink He now have full respect that I dont cater the norwegian friends that come to our house, as long as I do it for the african friends. Siply because he knows the norwegians dont care. They feel wlcome when they can go and get it themself, as if they were home.

Nice.
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
We do the godfather greetings and then chop knuckles wink

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by queensmith: 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
yea- the op is jobless. not only is your own husband meeting you at home you have time for other peoples husbands to be meeting you at home too. I advise you go and get yourself a job somewhere.
Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by MissIfe(f): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
I open the door for him and get on my knees immediately he enters the house, then I follow him kissing every inch of the floor he walks on, I finally feed him the best dishes I have been preparing for him the whole day. When he's done, I bath him, wipe him, and worship him all night long...

.... like seriously... angry grin

18 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by spendogram: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
Miss_Ife: I open the door for him and get on my knees immediately he enters the house, then I follow him kissing every inch of the floor he walks on, I finally feed him the best dishes I have been preparing for him the whole day. When he's done, I bath him, wipe him, and worship him all night long...

.... like seriously... angry grin

Damn funny NASA programmed robot.

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Welcome Your Husband Home After Work? by debosky(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
Miss_Ife: I open the door for him and get on my knees immediately he enters the house, then I follow him kissing every inch of the floor he walks on, I finally feed him the best dishes I have been preparing for him the whole day. When he's done, I bath him, wipe him, and worship him all night long...

Well trained wife. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For Your Change of Name in Guardian Newspaper / 11-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Wife’s Dirtiness, Waywardness / UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.