Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (750962 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PHRANTAD(m): 12:42am On Mar 06, 2015
Just saw this thread now, how can i apply for work in Australia as a Medical laboratory scientist with 5years experience in the field or possibly seek to study MPH in a low tuition University.
Someone should kindly give me the procedure
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 1:33am On Mar 06, 2015
bjayzeez:
well the Nigerian post to the western countries take about 3 weeks so I'd reckon the wait could be in that region too.... However, I wouldn't hold my breath knowing how disorganized our postal service can be sometimes .... Hope it comes soon.

An alternative thing may be to get ACRO to send it to a friend of yours in the UK. I think it's 20 pounds to send additional copies if wothing a certain window... Not sure of the details now, pls check. Then you can get your friend to scan and send to you.

Yea thanks. I've arranged for it to be sent to a friend. Its £6 for an additional copy within 3months of request. And £9 for next day delivery.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 1:35am On Mar 06, 2015
bellong:

In that case, put the date you are filling the form, they understand it is current job.

Don't use special characters in filling the form. Use short sentence to describe your job functions.

Ok thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 06, 2015
mystical10:
are you in townsville

Yeap...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 06, 2015
izykvision0:

Yea thanks. I've arranged for it to be sent to a friend. Its £6 for an additional copy within 3months of request. And £9 for next day delivery.
Great.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 06, 2015
PHRANTAD:
Just saw this thread now, how can i apply for work in Australia as a Medical laboratory scientist with 5years experience in the field or possibly seek to study MPH in a low tuition University.
Read the thread!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 7:00am On Mar 06, 2015
PHRANTAD:

Start with assessment with Australian institute of medical scientists aims.org.au

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by atrapon(m): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2015
justloveme:
university of new england accept direct without agent but u should b ready to privide lot of docs during ur svp assessment.
docs like?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by justloveme: 11:14am On Mar 06, 2015
atrapon:
docs like?
after getting my offer letter,i was asked to provide scanned copies of bank statement,birth certificate,notarised all copies of your passport,resume,copies of ur family member passport even though they aint accompany u to australia ,in here i scanned just my mum and brother front page copy to them,filled satement of purpose form ,the statement must b convincing that u are not staying back after ur schooling,previous appointment letters ,gotten my coe ,should apply for visa next week.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2015
bossladyMo:

Naaaaa...just your Naija license. You need to take a written test though, and then a practical test. The written test is not hard, as long as you study the material...I passed mine in one go. Also, even if your licwnse is expired, but by not more than 2yrs, you can still convert it...just that you will have to spend $130 on a learner's permit to take the test.

The sockets are different here oooo. So be ready to buy a converter adaptor...$14. Also, ensure you bring AV and RF cord for TV, just in case the house you rent does not have it. AV cord that is sold for N200 or so, is over $30 here...while the cheapest RF is $19......imagine!!!

Got a job with Telstra y'all, training starts Monday....entry level position, but still something to get my foot in the 'Australian Experience' Door.....peace!
. Congrats Bosslady. So happy for you. I tap into that quick job offer when I land.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2015
youngpboy:
I really need a serious and helpful contribution to this question. I tried most schools in Australia and they always tell me that they don't accept direct application from Nigeria that i should go through an agent. Please can anyone suggest a nice schools for me in Australia that accept direct application and also do QUT accept direct application.?.... Please helpful contribution from the houx. Thanks
. Yes QUT does accept direct but you have to pay the application of fee of about 150 dollars. Also Univ of Tasmania too
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Preciousstones:

Yayy...finally,please read all the best.
Thank you. But am surprised its on a sunday, abi na mistake
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
BKings:
Thank you. But am surprised its on a sunday, abi na mistake

Nah,mine was on a sunday morning.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sorry dear!

That thing is so annoying.

Edith Cowan University
University of Southern Queensland

Tasmania University

All these 3 will accept direct applications. Will ask my brother for more.

quote author=weemee post=31336167]
Try University of Newscastle. Australia[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 07, 2015
PHRANTAD:

Migration Steps for Medical Laboratory Scientists

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ you will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 or better in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88

Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exam takes place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful in this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-assessments/medical-laboratory-scientist

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE usually within 30 days

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks
STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate
Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au
SkillSelect
www.immi.gov.au

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mystical10: 1:19am On Mar 07, 2015
bossladyMo:

Yeap...
really I'm in Townsville. Are you in uni or tafe
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Silent2013: 2:46am On Mar 07, 2015
Is anyone coming to Melbourne, Geelong, or Ballarat for work or study? Get in touch so that we can meetup for a drink grin
I'm happy for us to meet either in Melbourne or Ballarat.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 07, 2015
Silent2013:
Is anyone coming to Melbourne, Geelong, or Ballarat for work or study? Get in touch so that we can meetup for a drink grin

@Silent2013,

How is federation uni??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 10:26am On Mar 07, 2015
Hello All,

Anyone paid DIBP fees with a First Bank Mastercard here?

Tried yesterday but declined. Went into a branch,they said i needed a secure code. Anyways in d process of registering for it, i got my card locked. Called Firstcontact, the girl sounded shallow on her job. She also mentioned credit limit; but on d website the credit limit is N1m.

Pls help.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 07, 2015
mystical10:
really I'm in Townsville. Are you in uni or tafe

Are you serious? ?? Where in TSV?

Naaa...resident.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2015
izykvision0:
Hello All,

Tried yesterday but declined. Went into a branch,they said i needed a secure code. Anyways in d process of registering for it, i got my card locked. Called Firstcontact, the girl sounded shallow on her job. She also mentioned credit limit; but on d website the credit limit is N1m.

Pls help.

Mayofikky had the same issue.

Try getting a new card and secure code at the branch.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
bossladyMo:

Mayofikky had the same issue.

Try getting a new card and secure code at the branch.

Ahann y a new card. Will sort the secure code on monday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
izykvision0:

Ahann y a new card. Will sort the secure code on monday.

Thought you said they blocked your card
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mystical10: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
bossladyMo:

Are you serious? ?? Where in TSV?

Naaa...resident.
Aitkenvale near stockland
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
bossladyMo:

Thought you said they blocked your card

Yea cald dier customer service to unlock. Did urs go thru 1st time or u already had a secure code?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
mystical10:

Aitkenvale near stockland

Wow!!! Was still at Stockland today sef. We are at Hermit Park. Stayed in Aitkenvale for a bit though...

You school at JCU?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
izykvision0:

Yea cald dier customer service to unlock. Did urs go thru 1st time or u already had a secure code?

Went through at once...no secure code needed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PHRANTAD(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
THANKS A LOT UBKTECH.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
izykvision0:
Hello All,

Pls help.

MASTER and VISA cards now have added security. You must have secure code to use MASTERCARD for online transactions. Apply for temporary activation code at the bank which you will use to create your secure code.The temporary activation code will be sent via email to you so, make sure you have an email alert with the bank activated. You can apply same time for your card to be unlocked or call FIRST CONTACT again for direct service.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Silent2013:

Cool. By God's grace will be in Melbourne in a couple of months. Aws melbourne in general inclusive of the weather? Looking at settling in Melton, Melton South to be precise, do u know about the area?

Do u live in Ballarat?That is quite far from Melbourne CBD. Close to 2hrs drive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
cherries1:

MASTER and VISA cards now have added security. You must have secure code to use MASTERCARD for online transactions. Apply for temporary activation code at the bank which you will use to create your secure code.The temporary activation code will be sent via email to you so, make sure you have an email alert with the bank activated. You can apply same time for your card to be unlocked or call FIRST CONTACT again for direct service.

Thanks. Will sort it on Monday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by babajava(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pls house, which is more important, skill assesment, working experience(I have less than 3yrs)??. In short, how can I get a positve assesment. Just want to tidy all parts b4 EOI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.