Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Exfoliating/peeling - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Exfoliating/peeling (18106 Views)

Low-Cost Pink Lips Cream and Vaginal Tightening Soap That Works! (PICS) / Good And Affordable Exfoliating Soap / I Need Help On Getting An Exfoliating Body Wash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
So many people are ignorant of the topic above.Sm see it has necessary but will never do it,others just ignore.maybe we should all start today and see your skintone taking a new look.

Our skin sheds 30000 to 40000 dead cells per min,but sometimes,this natural shedding isn't enough.If you don't remove dead cells,dirts,and debris,they can become trapped in your pores,causing acnes,patches and skin dullness.
Exfoliation is the removal of old dead skin cells that clings to the skin's uttermost surface.exfoliation increases circulation of blood to the skin surface,and helps stop follicle problems,sloughs off dead cells,evens out skin tone,clears skin pores-clogging dirt and oil. When done correctly,reveals younger skin underneath,leaving the skin smoother,softer and fresh looking,making penetration easier for products like serum and lotions that nourished the body.

2 types of exfoliation;
Physical and Chemical Exfoliation

physical exfoliation:In this process,the dead cells are physically rubbed off with an abrasive-example includes a salt glow,a body scrub that might use sugar or oatmeal ground or even skinbrushing.

Direction*
dampen the skin(preferably with your choice of shower bath).
Apply your cleanser or scrub and use your fingers or gloves to rub gently in circular motion(this will cause the soap to later and work the particles in the scrub deeper into the skin.
When done,allow for 5min,and rinse your skin thoroughly,then apply your toning milk,moisture or lotion.

2.Chemical exfoliation:enzymes,alphahydroxy acids(AHAs) or betahydroxy acids (BHAs) ,loosen the glue-like substances clogged to the skin.they can either be very gentle or very harsh,depending on how strong the product is

direction*
this process involve PEELING.dead skin cells are removed through peeling.this is the best type of exfoliation.
Glycolic acid-Used to refine aged skin and for brightening dark spot.
Lactic Acid- for sensitive skin
Salicyclic Acid-for acne prone skin.

Now the sensitivity of your skin will determine which to be bought.Once you start peeling,
Make sure you always use ur sunscreen.
Don't fret cos its a must u *Peel*.
Sm tolerate it more,others not so much.
Make sure you start off slowly at first,then build your way up to higher concs.
Don't *PICK* your sheds
For some skin,shedding might take up to 2weeks...
In this case you don't scrub
depending on which.
AFter Peeling,make sure you Use a good toning cream/lotion and wear a good sunscreen.
NOTE;
For Physical exfoliation,Do Not scrub on daily basis unless u have an extremely oily skin. must be done Once/twice in a week.
Chemical exfoliation to be done Once/twice in 2months depending on skin type.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Lepsywitty(f): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
Please which one can i use? I'll add u on whatsapp now
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 12:39am On Aug 30, 2012
I bought gycholic acid(30%) from ebay. I have been very lazy with it. Use it only twice since I bought it. Couldn't leave it for more than two mins because it burned too much.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Desloaaa(f): 3:56am On Aug 30, 2012
Hw did u use it? Any mix? Have gotten an LA(40%) mild on my skin.i allow for 10min
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Desloaaa(f): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2012
My opera u sold a HJ serum or sometin to a colleague of mine in my office,pls ur line is not going through.i need the serum gan ni cos it peeled her sunburn skin like crazy.u need to see her.my mail addy desolaa@ymail.com ur line no dey go
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2012
I think i need d serum too.don't know it though but have heard a good review about ur products. Over looked it at first,my roommate is using one herbal shower scrub she got from you.have added u on whatsapp.I need to talk to you pls
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2012
Lol@ desloaaa i tire for u o..tot u were doubting its effect na.. Ama buzz u now,coming to u office today..wna see a lady
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Desloaaa: Hw did u use it? Any mix? Have gotten an LA(40%) mild on my skin.i allow for 10min

I didn't mix it with anything. I think it's because I have an oily skin. Probably should have opted for lactic.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Lizzylois(f): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2012
My opera,pls can I get your number or your bb pin?tink am interested as well.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
My opera pls I lost my phne pls re add me on whatsapp 080337420 ...asap pls
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
+2348067032748 :+2348185899818.it wud be easier if you use whatsapp
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
If you'r opting for LA,go for 40%.start with the toughest part of ur body..facial is not allowed for LA to avoid burns.
kandiikane:

I didn't mix it with anything. I think it's because I have an oily skin. Probably should have opted for lactic.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
my opera: If you'r opting for LA,go for 40%.start with the toughest part of ur body..facial is not allowed for LA to avoid burns.

So which one is good on face. I tried the gycolic around my forehead and underneath my chin because got old 'faded' spot marks I want to clear completely but the tingling was too much to handle.

Will the lactic be good to remove scar marks from the legs?
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Flower93(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
My opera,pls I ve this black spots on my legs caused by mosquito bites,pls wot do I use to clear it off,I really need it bc I can't really wears skirts to go out
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
@ kandiikane pls don't use any of LA or GA on ur face,cos of its concentration.it causes irritation ,reddness or even bumps.u can try 42HJ.its a facial peel too with SA,GA and LA combo in little proportions.

1 Like

Re: Exfoliating/peeling by myopera1(f): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
@ flower, you do a peel to fade d black spot
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 1:15am On Sep 10, 2012
my opera: @ kandiikane pls don't use any of LA or GA on ur face,cos of its concentration.it causes irritation ,reddness or even bumps.u can try 42HJ.its a facial peel too with SA,GA and LA combo in little proportions.

...But I see black people using it and giving reviews on youtube? undecided

What's 42hJ?
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Onyiibabe(f): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2012
my opera: @ kandiikane pls don't use any of LA or GA on ur face,cos of its concentration.it causes irritation ,reddness or even bumps.u can try 42HJ.its a facial peel too with SA,GA and LA combo in little proportions.
@ my opera, how do l get the 42HJ, can lt be found in a supermarket?
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2012
Flower93: My opera,pls I ve this black spots on my legs caused by mosquito bites,pls wot do I use to clear it off,I really need it bc I can't really wears skirts to go out

Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Shinatu: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
How far with the info on 42HJ?
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2012
It worked o,.it even over worked sef,cos my face is very flawless nw.10ks to this thread
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2012
^what works, the 42HJ? How did it work and what is it?
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yea its a kindda like face cleanser,but it peels
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kandiikane(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Does it burn? I tried the gycolic acid on my face, never again! My face felt like it was on fire.

I will look for the 42HJ on ebay.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by azeeza(f): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
I use secret apricot scrub and maxi peel exfoliant cream as lotion after scrubing and washing. Maxi peel is an anti acne cream, no visible peeling, non redding and sunblock SPF 15. It works wonders i must say...
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2012
I tried lactic before i got d 42h,hmm,i left for jst 3min,after washing,my face still sting lik i poured pepper..no,d 42 doesnt burn,it more like a facial cleanser.
kandiikane: Does it burn? I tried the gycolic acid on my face, never again! My face felt like it was on fire.

I will look for the 42HJ on ebay.
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by Sexxydivaa: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2012
Yea,maxipeel did work,but nt for me.i used maxipeel #1,#2,#3.no changes at all
azeeza: I use secret apricot scrub and maxi peel exfoliant cream as lotion after scrubing and washing. Maxi peel is an anti acne cream, no visible peeling, non redding and sunblock SPF 15. It works wonders i must say...
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by kodylicky(f): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ sexxydiva, please where did u get the 42HJ and how much is it
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by yinkawunmi(f): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sexxydivaa: It worked o,.it even over worked sef,cos my face is very flawless nw.10ks to this thread
wat did you use dat worked for U̶̲̥̅̊, pls I can get it too
Re: Exfoliating/peeling by yinkawunmi(f): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
azeeza: I use secret apricot scrub and maxi peel exfoliant cream as lotion after scrubing and washing. Maxi peel is an anti acne cream, no visible peeling, non redding and sunblock SPF 15. It works wonders i must say...
is dis the maxi peel you are talking abt...pls where can I get it and Ho̝̊̅ώ much is it

Re: Exfoliating/peeling by omo1(f): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
@my opera, Ur nos r nt connecting on whatsapp... More contact info needed asap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lynxx And Oge Okoye On The Cover Of Redsheet Magazine / Undie Emmanuella Wins Miss South-South Nigeria 2018 (Photos) / Carmelita Walks Out Of Stage As Contestants Fight Over Crown In Miss Diplomacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.