Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder (26708 Views)

Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case / Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by obailala(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
In a case like this, it's absolutely unfair to parade the pharmacists TOGETHER with the real killers on national TV

Yes selling a prescription drug without a prescription is wrong but never in my life have I been asked for a doctors prescription when buying any drug in Nigeria. Just like someone mentioned, it's just like going to arrest the seller of rat poison because a housegirl somewhere used it to poison her madam.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by sinie: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Again an innocent person has fallen victim of a lawless society. Selling prescription only medications without prescription is like a "normal" thing. All of you here saying the guy committed an unpardonable offence, its easy to point fingers now that there's trouble. There are soooo many drugs that should be sold with prescription that yoù can walk into any pharmacy or even chemist and buy. Its nigeria, anything goes. Its sad really but that's the way it is. I can only hope this will serve as a lesson to pharmacist. Most of them are carried away with making money that they forget the ethics of their profession. If a young girl of like 18 walks into your pharmacy and tells you she's pregnant and needs drugs for abortion, you don't think of the effect it will have on her life, u think only of the money you ll make. then you "mix" drugs worth about 500 and tell her its 5000, because you know @ that point she ll pay anything. If a " big" man enters your shop and ask for lexotan, because you know he's ready to pay any amount you tell him you go ahead and sell it to him without asking for the prescription. The pharmacy profession has turned to a business no different from onitsha main market. Its really sad. Now a very young pharmacist is suffering it. Something I bet every single pharmacist in this country is guilty of. I pity the young
man because he's like the proverbial scapegoat.
@ op, your friend has committed a crime, worse even Because he's just an intern and not even registered so his defence is going to be tricky because he really should not have dispensed such a drug without a prescription. I wish him the best sha... I hope they ll temper justice with mercy.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: Omo, no be this same Rohypnol by Roche Pharmaceuticals I give two Warri babes after club wey make their eyes shine like pus*sy own?

How manage e come make this Cynthia crash

I wait tire make these Warri babes crash...for where!!

Omo, their eyes come dey glo more to finish my last card...

A rapist on the loose...

It's illegal to sell controlled/prescription drugs as over the counter drugs abroad, but in Nigeria, anything goes.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by jude33084(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
2mch: I believe he is culpable. That is why as a professional you are responsible, there are certain ethics and guidelines you must follow. Otherwise you will face criminal charges. It even says it on the bottle, that you need a prescription. Are we saying he is blind? Or he cannot comprehend English? He has been criminally negligent and an accessory to murder. Will he tell people he did not know what they wanted to use such a drug for? As a pharmacist, why did he not ask them to go and bring a prescription from a certified doctor. I am sure these guys consulted him on the type of drug they were looking for. How many young guys can know this type of drug without consultation. Did he do his job by alerting the police when these guys probably consulted him? Forget story, he is culpable. Just like all those murdering quack doctors are also culpable. The ones that give fake diagnosis, kill people in their hospitals and advice them to go and die at home. smh. I believe we should bring back capital punishment. Too many people getting away with murder these days. undecided. We have many professionals that collude with criminals for financial gain.

Before U̶̲̥̅̊
go talk wetin U̶̲̥̅̊
nor suppose talk undecided ? I thought τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ op said Ŧħåϯ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ criminals didn't confess his Ɲαмe? Then why τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ murder case Őᵑ him? Mind U̶̲̥̅̊
we all know Ŧħåϯ Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† H̲̅€ did was wrong Ť☺ charge him with murder?! shocked
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by fuke(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
From the way the guy looked so unruffled in the picture I
Knew we have not heard the last on him.

While the two sons of dog had already condemned themselves,
I knew he was clean

It got me wonder. While the sons of bitches were not hand cuffed,
the pharmacist was chained. Nigeria Police!

The guy could be charged with dereliction of duty not murder not even
manslaughter.

Now this. Let nobody crucify the pharmacist. If all who break this law
of only selling on prescription are sanctioned, all Nigeria pharmacist
will be behind bars, and thousands will die daily.

There is no patent medicine store in this land where they do not sell drugs outside
their license and yet they fill the villages.

There ere are more quack doctors in Nigeria than qualified ones.
One lives less than a kilometer to me here.

Yes, they are not qualified to practice but the certificated doctors cannot
deny the fact that they help.

Get a lawyer and keep on the media pressure

Your friend will be off. My mind tells me he is innocent.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
obailala: In a case like this, it's absolutely unfair to parade the pharmacists TOGETHER with the real killers on national TV

Yes selling a prescription drug without a prescription is wrong but never in my life have I been asked for a doctors prescription when buying any drug in Nigeria. Just like someone mentioned, it's just like going to arrest the seller of rat poison because a housegirl somewhere used it to poison her madam.

thank you....
there's no proof that the drug that sedated the victim was even bought in festac.....but trust nigerian police and their idiotic method of investigation. because the murder was committed in festac automatically means the drug was also bought in festac town in their limited intelligence. the next thing to do was then look for a scapegoat pharmacy store in festac and rope in any employee of that store with the murder suspects! how nigerians continue to put up with their police force is baffling - it's like the citizens have been cowed to tolerate this gross injustice!
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by bobblue: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
The rat poison scenario hits the nail on the head. That's exactly it! Anyone can get any drug from any pharmacy in Nigeria without prescription. The people who are saying the police is right have never tasted police brutality on innocence citizens. I have, and I know how ruthless the police can be. In a civilised society, you cannot just go and grab someone and throw him in jail when you cannot prove his guilt. Even know terrorists are hardly treated this way. The murderers have not identified him as the one who sold the drugs, so why should he be paraded on national tv in handcuffs with the murderers?

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by yamakuza: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
i'm more interested in their catching the particular pharmacist who sold the drugs in July

it would be unfair to punish Nonso or anyone else, if that person is still out there enjoying his freedom
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by jude33084(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
saxywale:

A rapist on the loose...

It's illegal to sell controlled/prescription drugs as over the counter drugs abroad, but in Nigeria, anything goes.

If anything goes in Nigeria why is H̲̅€ being charge for murder?!

Must U̶̲̥̅̊
always bring Nigeria down in everything?

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ last ┼iϻe I checked a lot of American phamarcist are in jail in USA for illegal dealings angry
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
yamakuza: i'm more interested in their catching the particular pharmacist who sold the drugs in July

it would be unfair to punish Nonso or anyone else, if that person is still out there enjoying his freedom

well - nigerian police have effected the escape of the real culprit with their idiocy! how do we even know the real culprit didn't bribe his way out to freedom which forced the police to pick on an innocent soul to substitute?
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
This really goes a long way to show how incompetent the NPF is, its really a pity sha, like i said before, Nonso is really unlucky if we are saying the truth about how things are done in this country.

Not saying it is right to sell controlled drugs without prescription but hey! Its not a new thing in this part of the world, many chemists even small apprentice boys who are maybe primary school leavers and mostly secondary school drop outs sell drugs to people everyday(do they even know what a prescription is?) Smh.

Just take a walk to pharmacies near any of our various university campuses and see how drugs are being abused, especially drugs like Bennylin(with codene), the pharmacists and attendants even hike the price when they noticed its now being used for highness by many people. Nigeria still has a very long way to go sha.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by tlops(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thats why I like my Oyinbo friends; they always understand but never give in to emotions.

you hear such sentence as : I understand but ....
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by elari(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
snthesis: get a lawyer, and stop whining angry angry
. . . U talk like a foo.l. Get a lawyer? Did u give him money. These days, drugs are sold to anyone as long as u give a reason. Many drugs like Tramadol, Felden and Rophynol are being sold daily to people who use it for different purposes. I have come to a great conclusion, that many nigerian prefer self medication and as such go to even big pharmacies to get drugs without questions being asked. We heard the explanation given by the student pharmacist, yet we go on to crucify him. I take rophynol too which i buy at 200 per 1mg tab, but i take it to ease out stress and not for illegal purposes. Does that mean that before i go to the pharmacy to buy drugs, i must go to a hospital to see doctor to collect a note?
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
jude33084:

Must U̶̲̥̅̊

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ last ┼iϻe I checked a lot of American phamarcist are in jail in USA for illegal dealings angry

okay.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
in dis festac we go through hell from the police. one faithful morning i was driving along 1st avenue road, behind me was a yellow danfo bus which is queit unusual on that road trying to overtake me by all means.i entered 112road the bus followed me that was when i knew there is trouble.i quickly entered back to 1st avenue service lane the same bus followed me(all these while we were on top speed.)two things were going through my mind dis might be kidnappers or armed robbers.so it got to a point where i slowed down a bit cos of bump,the next thing i heard was a gun shot beside me.i thought i have been shot on my chest.so i looked by my side i saw like 7 men all on mufti wearing bullet proof asking me to stop or they will kill me. immediatly i saw they were police me i stopped. three of them came to me asking me to get down of the car,i knew if i should keep quite they will finish me and take me to their station.instead i locked my car door and bring the window down a little bit and started shouting at them if they want to kill me.i started to make a fake call,pretending calling my dad who is a former lagos state commissioner of police.* DADDY I CANT TAKE DIS ANYMORE YOUR BOYS HAVING BEEN CHASING ME FOR OVER 30MINS FOR NO REASON AND I ALMOST DIED AT THE PROCESS,i paused like my dad was saying something,OK DADDY,THEY ARE FROM FESTAC POLICE STATION AREA E COMMAND.i paused again and asked the police man whats your name,he said get out you are an i.d.i.ot.they started speaking yoruba among them selves, lets leave dis boy before we enter problem.one of them provoked why should we leave him for what! in my mind i was still pretending making call and shouting still praying to God to let that stubborn one agree with others to let me go. as heaven helped it started showering and we know Nigerian police dont like getting them selves wet for any reason.they entered their bus and left.i couldnt help it but have to jump down from the car to pee. mehnnn those guys almost killed me emotionally. we are suffering from their hands.

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by vislabraye(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
Why must the investigation develop K leg?
Why don't they just arrest those people directly involved in the murder. The police can as well question them how they came about the drug.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by freecocoa(f): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
jude33084:

Must U̶̲̥̅̊

What part of the story don't or didn't you get? He is being charged for murder because the police don't know how to do their jobs.

His offense should be selling a controlled drug without prescription and not accessory to murder or alleged murder as the case may be, especially since he didn't sell the drugs to Cynthia's killers but to undercover police officers.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by yamakuza: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
coogar:

well - nigerian police have effected the escape of the real culprit with their idiocy! how do we even know the real culprit didn't bribe his way out to freedom which forced the police to pick on an innocent soul to substitute?

it shouldnt be too difficult for them to catch him

i understand the pharmacy owner wasnt arrested. they should be able to know from him, who was on duty in July, and then carry out a proper sting operation to arrest that one

if they can arrest a murder suspect in his hometown, they should be able to get a drug dispenser on the loose

i cant wait to hear that one's story
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Nkanuzu: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
Get a good lawyer to prosecute this case for the young man. If what you posted is correct, then one can successfully bring a motion in court to quash the charges and save the poor man from the pains of facing murder trial and possible arraignment for murder. This can only be achieved if there is nothing in the Proof of Evidence incriminating the young man (particularly the statements the co-accused persons, his own statement to the police and IPO). However, the young man may be subsequently arraigned for dispensing drugs without prescription but certainly not for murder!

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
yamakuza:
it shouldnt be too difficult for them to catch him

except if the police had took bribe from him and allowed him to escape....
you don't think that possibility is possible?

i understand the pharmacy owner wasnt arrested. they should be able to know from him, who was on duty in July, and then carry out a proper sting operation to arrest that one

the police went to a random pharmacy store around the area where the crime was committed! they have no proof the particular drug that sedated cynthia was bought from nonso's store! all they did was set up a sting in a random store and they caught nonso red handed selling a controlled drug to a man that complained of acute pains!

if they can arrest a murder suspect in his hometown, they should be able to get a drug dispenser on the loose

i cant wait to hear that one's story

and this is my gripe with the nigerian police - when they are bent on a doing a job, they can be very good but you need to rub their palms to bring out their best! all they had to do was torture the murder suspects to give up all the information they wanted....but as it is, i doubt they have done that especially when they have wrongfully charged nonso for a different offence entirely!
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Niseamaka(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
2mch: I believe he is culpable. That is why as a professional you are responsible, there are certain ethics and guidelines you must follow. Otherwise you will face criminal charges. It even says it on the bottle, that you need a prescription. Are we saying he is blind? Or he cannot comprehend English? He has been criminally negligent and an accessory to murder. Will he tell people he did not know what they wanted to use such a drug for? As a pharmacist, why did he not ask them to go and bring a prescription from a certified doctor. I am sure these guys consulted him on the type of drug they were looking for. How many young guys can know this type of drug without consultation. Did he do his job by alerting the police when these guys probably consulted him? Forget story, he is culpable. Just like all those murdering quack doctors are also culpable. The ones that give fake diagnosis, kill people in their hospitals and advice them to go and die at home. smh. I believe we should bring back capital punishment. Too many people getting away with murder these days. undecided. We have many professionals that collude with criminals for financial gain.

Seconded.If one supplies an instrument that was used to commit murder,willfully or otherwise,that person is an accessory to murder.He may have sold this very drug to those miscreants and maybe to others in the past.He should face the music. This should serve as a lesson to other pharmacists in Nigeria, a country where anyone,even children can buy all, repeat, all prescription medications over the counter.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
Niseamaka:
Seconded.If one supplies an instrument that was used to commit murder,willfully or otherwise,that person is an accessory to murder.He may have sold this very drug to those miscreants and maybe to others in the past.He should face the music. This should serve as a lesson to other pharmacists in Nigeria, a country where anyone,even children can buy all, repeat, all prescription medications over the counter.

so if i take rat poison from your house with the excuse that i intend to use it to kill some giant rats in my house but i then used it to murder my girlfriend then you are an accessory to her murder?

did you ever pass through the 4 walls of any school, primary or secondary?
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by bomijuwon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
miky: Doesn't matter,, as far as he gave in to something he shouldn't have.. If he was trying to help he could have driven the guy to a hospital to go get prescription... Here in the USA the police lure child sex offenders through Internet, only to charge them later and imprison them..

Mr. Miky. This is Niaja not US. We have records of sympathy and culture of brothers keeper. Police pretending to lure unsuspected victims are spur of public disturbance.Many times people are wrongly/unlawfully arrested only for police to demand bail which is boldly written behind their desks as free.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by logica(m): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
sdesert16: I must say, GEJ is right about Nigeria not being ready for state police yet. You could imagine how much the virus of corruption will spread in the police force if it was segregated to the state level when stuff like this is already hapenning in the federal level. May God help Nonso & us all, amen.
On the contrary certain states will benefit while other states will become complete war zones. States with sensible governors will simply be able to ensure they don't have baboons being recruited into their police force. It is then your own duty to ensure a sensible governor is in charge of your state.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by norrisman: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

WTF!!!!

Its like a Gun dealer selling a weapon to someone who isnt licensed to own one and the person used it to kill someone..

And whats that bollocks you just said about the UK?! In the UK, no pharmacist would even talk to you without a valid prescription.. Y

A gun dealer who sells a gun to someone who then goes on to use the same gun to commit a murder will not be charged with murder. he will be charged with illegal sale of firearms or something to that effect.

A drug dealer who sells cocaine (an illegal drug) to someone who goes on to carry out a murder under the effect of the said drug will not be charged with murder, he will be charged with the distribution of controlled substances.

A corner store owner who sells a knife to an underaged child who then uses the knife to commit a murder will no be charged with murder, he will be charged with selling an offensive weapon to a minor

If the gun seller, drug dealer or corner store owner knew the intentions of their clientle at the time of the transactions then they can be charged as accessories to the crime committed.

Imagine a video store owner who sells an xrated video to a 15 year old (a minor) who goes home, watches the video, gets ecited and then rapes a neighbours 8 year old. Will the video store owner be charged for rape? If the minor claims the video prompted his actions, the worst the video store owner can be charged for is 'sale of material harmful to minors'

I will bet my last penny that you have personally bought drugs (that need a prescription) without prescription in Nigeria. I can confidently say that you do not know what a Nigerian doctor's prescription looks like as you have never seen one before.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by yamakuza: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
coogar:

except if the police had taken bribe from him and allowed him to escape....
you don't think that possibility is possible?

lol, pun was intended ...

the police went to a random pharmacy store around the area where the crime was committed! they have no proof the particular drug that sedated cynthia was bought from nonso's store! all they did was set up a sting in a random store and they caught nonso red handed selling a controlled drug to a man that complained of acute pains!

if this is true, i can see some grounds for a mistrial, and the whole case (against all 4) might end up going south !

i hereby use this medium to beg the police to do a proper job so that at the end of the day, justice will be served

and this is my gripe with the nigerian police - when they are bent on a doing a job, they can be very good but you need to rub their palms to bring out their best! all they had to do was torture the murder suspects to give up all the information they wanted....but as it is, i doubt they have done that especially when they have wrongfully charged nonso for a different offence entirely!

maybe they were in a hurry to wrap things up ...

they should do their homework properly, we are not in a hurry.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by logica(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
bomijuwon:

Mr. Miky. This is Niaja not US. We have records of sympathy and culture of brothers keeper.
LOL. You don't do brothers keeper when you are a pharmacist behind a counter. You put your brotherly love inside your armpit otherwise you'll get plenty brotherly love in jail. Drugs are generally poison. So for a drug to require prescription should tell how toxic that drug can be. Such a drug can be used for so many diabolical purposes which of course include r@pe, murder or even suicide.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
norrisman:

I will bet my last penny that you have personally bought drugs (that need a prescription) without prescription in Nigeria. I can confidently say that you do not know what a Nigerian doctor's prescription looks like as you have never seen one before.

the only prescription note he's ever seen is from a witchdoctor! someone calls himself okija-juju and you expect him to have any direct link to a medical doctor?

yamakuza:
lol, pun was intended ..

honest mistake!

if this is true,i see enough grounds for a mistrial, and the whole case (against all 4) might end up going south !

think about it....
i expect the police to have done a sting operation that would have proven nonso was an accessory to the crime committed! they should have proved nonso knew the buyers of the drug were using it to sedate female victims and rape them to death! going to the store to pretend they were buying the drug to ease pains does not make nonso an accessory, it only proves nonso has been selling controlled drugs!

for nonso to be an accessory, he must know what the buyers of the drug intended to do with the drug....the police have not proven that with their shoddy work and the manner by which nonso was arrested!

i hereby use this medium to beg the police to do a proper job so that at the end of the day, justice will be served

i cannot trust those animals to do a honest job!

maybe they were in a hurry to wrap things up ...
they should do their homework properly, we are not in a hurry.

they have ruined the case and it saddens me the real culprit is somewhere enjoying his freedom while an innocent man is being locked up!

2 Likes

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Skyloloprince(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Jst get a gud lawyer dt all, he wil sure be out
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by 2mch(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
jude33084:

Before U̶̲̥̅̊
go talk wetin U̶̲̥̅̊
nor suppose talk undecided ? I thought τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ op said Ŧħåϯ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ criminals didn't confess his Ɲαмe? Then why τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ murder case Őᵑ him? Mind U̶̲̥̅̊
we all know Ŧħåϯ Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† H̲̅€ did was wrong Ť☺ charge him with murder?! shocked

When you are an adult and can wrtie in straight English, come back and argue. Dont let me tear his defence to shreds. If you read the article, it clearly states his hesitation at selling the drugs. That sting operation was probably carried out because the police were tipped off by the killers on which pharmacy sold what to them. For him to sell to the undercover cop is a criminal charge. It is obvious the drug requires a prescription otherwise he would not have had to keep record or request a prescription. He has killed his case by giving interviews, and solidified the police's position. It will help him to shut up from now on.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by elimokhai(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
coogar:

then let him be charged for the offence he actually committed - not get charged for something he knows nothing about. it's irresponsible for the nigerian police or the state prosecution service to wrongfully charge the pharmacist!

I understand the law my brother, the court works with prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution. the wicked prosecutor will tender incriminating evidence before the court, it is now left for the defense lawyer to convince the court that nonso be cleared of murder charges and a lighter charge for selling banned substances be meted instead. This is not the job of a baby lawyer. miscarriage of justice is synonymous to Nigeria justice system, remember in Nigeria no forensic science to save your a55, the court believes in HARD evidence. The seized controlled substances might be used against him in the court of law. He needs a GOOD LAWYER. Remember he was handcuffed with the other accused pharmacist, while the accused murderers were not handcuffed. Reasons which we do not know.

a good lawyer? i have never been in a law class but my common sense tells me there's no reason for nonso to be charged with conspiracy to murder or torture cynthia! he's been held wrongfully......saying he needs a good lawyer makes it sound like the lawyer needs to display some skills to get nonso out - its a no brainer - nonso shouldn't be defending murder and torture! he sold the drugs wrongfully to the police because the undercover said he needed it to ease pains - he did not sell it because the undercover said he wanted to use the drug to sedate women.....he should be charged with felony not murder!

Yes a VERY GOOD lawyer. The capital letter connotes seriousness. My friend this is Nigeria. No one is accusing Nonso of murder, the Nigeria police has already condemned him, many innocent souls are languishing in Nigeria prisons, no thanks to Nigeria police FORCE. You will be surprise at the amount of evidence the wicked prosecutor will tender in court against Nonso, it will be too overwhelming for a baby lawyer to handle. Let me quickly remind you that in Nigeria, only the renowned lawyers win criminal cases of this magnitude.

if what the police did qualifies as a sting operation then God help nigeria! going to a random pharmacy store that had no link to where the murder suspects bought their drugs is a police sting? i laugh in cantonese! while they are holding an innocent pharmacist, the real culprit that sold the drug that sedated cynthia has been allowed to escape!

Circumstances, the pharmacy Nonso was doing his internship was in the same jurisdiction where the crime took place. Same reason why he needs a GOOD LAWYER, incompetency in the Nigeria police force has killed so many Nigerians. In Nigeria if you are arrested in a crime scene, automatically you are a criminal, no cctv, no forensic science to bail you out. This is not America, not Europe where every police stations have their own forensic department.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by elimokhai(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
coogar:

then let him be charged for the offence he actually committed - not get charged for something he knows nothing about. it's irresponsible for the nigerian police or the state prosecution service to wrongfully charge the pharmacist!

a good lawyer? i have never been in a law class but my common sense tells me there's no reason for nonso to be charged with conspiracy to murder or torture cynthia! he's been held wrongfully......saying he needs a good lawyer makes it sound like the lawyer needs to display some skills to get nonso out - its a no brainer - nonso shouldn't be defending murder and torture! he sold the drugs wrongfully to the police because the undercover said he needed it to ease pains - he did not sell it because the undercover said he wanted to use the drug to sedate women.....he should be charged with felony not murder!

if what the police did qualifies as a sting operation then God help nigeria! going to a random pharmacy store that had no link to where the murder suspects bought their drugs is a police sting? i laugh in cantonese! while they are holding an innocent pharmacist, the real culprit that sold the drug that sedated cynthia has been allowed to escape!

I understand the law my brother, the court works with prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution. the wicked prosecutor will tender incriminating evidence before the court, it is now left for the defense lawyer to convince the court that nonso be cleared of murder charges and a lighter charge for selling banned substances be meted instead. This is not the job of a baby lawyer. miscarriage of justice is synonymous to Nigeria justice system, remember in Nigeria no forensic science to save your a55, the court believes in HARD evidence. The seized controlled substances might be used against him in the court of law. He needs a GOOD LAWYER. Remember he was handcuffed with the other accused pharmacist, while the accused murderers were not handcuffed. Reasons which we do not know.

Yes a VERY GOOD lawyer. The capital letter connotes seriousness. My friend this is Nigeria. No one is accusing Nonso of murder, the Nigeria police has already condemned him, many innocent souls are languishing in Nigeria prisons, no thanks to Nigeria police FORCE. You will be surprise at the amount of evidence the wicked prosecutor will tender in court against Nonso, it will be too overwhelming for a baby lawyer to handle. Let me quickly remind you that in Nigeria, only the renowned lawyers win criminal cases of this magnitude.

Circumstances, the pharmacy Nonso was doing his internship was in the same jurisdiction where the crime took place. Same reason why he needs a GOOD LAWYER, incompetency in the Nigeria police force has killed so many Nigerians. In Nigeria if you are arrested in a crime scene, automatically you are a criminal, no cctv, no forensic science to bail you out. This is not America, not Europe where every police stations have their own forensic department.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Dancing With An Aged Woman Today (Photos) / APC Snubs Ali Modu-sheriff, Ask Him To Go And Join Party At Ward Level / Aisha Buhari plans to establish a private university

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.